What is your project car? The car you're going to keep working on and tinkering with...

What is your project car? The car you're going to keep working on and tinkering with, maybe it'll have multiple engine swaps and tranny swaps and suspension tuning by the time you're 80. The car you want to spend your entire life building and eventually die of old age in?

For the younger people like me, what's your future project?

I've posted about it before but pic related is mine. I absolutely adore it and would love to buy one and just keep restomodding it over the years and doing the leg work and custom fab for engine swaps from whatever honda's highest performance 4 cylinder engine of the era is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WSCX9IBtCDI
youtube.com/watch?v=GfDWQbnb-Zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wanna buy and restore an old Camaro. I know it's the basic bitch muscle car, but my dad had one and he loved it almost as much as I did. I want to share something like that when I have a son.

>tfw no FB RX7 mad max build
I just wanna brap around the wasteland

Nice try kiddo but Mad Max is classic cars only

not an rx7 but the max maxish rx3 on Jay Leno garage was fucking awesome

>FF

>buying a muscle car
Bad idea, friendo. Gas-guzzlers and V8s in general are on the way out.

Always something to do but will keep doing it.
A canvas roof would be useful and a winch very useful

>bus riding

All the more reason to get your hands on one before the Clintonians ban assault engines.

>no matter what I do she'll never be perfect

haven't decided yet, but something very economical and cool-looking, tigras, twingos and so on. dream would be to have Honda Today or Renault 5 Turbo and switch to diesel after mileage is enough, because diesel technology is going towards fully synthetic very fast unlike gasoline.

could someone identify what car is this?
Idd like to buy one to make it something like pic related.

Looks like a Silvia with A Few Simple Mods (tm)

which silvia? I searched and haven't found anyone which would have same lamps in the back

nvm found it its s14 one.

1979 Chrysler Valiant

If the old engine dies, im going to rebuild it, if it gets past the point of rebuilding im going to Barra swap it to keep it going. If it gets rusty im going to repair it, i must keep the car alive in some way

Do it, bro. I got myself a beautiful '80 model for exactly this purpose.

The Camaro is truly the pinnacle of automotive design. Any generation of it.

cars i'd want to buy would be either a mazda 323 rwd, or a toyota starlet kp60. both are pretty similar and can be modified alright. the mazda could swap with rotary, the starlet could swap with a 4-age. both don't look to 'bad' to swap, but that's only reading about. the 323 can be swapped with parts from rx for and corolla family for starlet to make engine swap more simple.
both are pretty 'rare' to find in alright condition. the 323 are easier to find here. kp60's can be imported, but costs more. both are old cars (so usually have some rust/worn out parts) and harder to find parts for then something like rwd corolla or mazda rx. rotary would be easier to work on but more expensive, 4-age would be cheaper but harder to get more power out of (but kp60 being lighter then an ae86 it would be fine with just some small stuff).

You're wrong. When Road Warrior was out, the Falcon wasn't a classic. Many of the bikes shown are brand new to the time. And in Fury Road, there's a Skyline R32.

Subaru XT/XT6
>air suspension
>interior looking like it came straight out of knight rider
>4wd
>rare, but not popular rare
I don't even know why i like it, it just appeals to me so much. I'd love to have one and blast the shit out of it until the OG engine breaks, then swap in an EJ.

I finished my first project car (1978 corolla) at age of 19 while attending uni in span of 2 months.

God I want one of these so badly. The parts are becoming very rare though.

How's it treating you? Do you daily it?

I have it narrowed down to about four cars. Once I get one of these, I'm probably going to spend most of my money on it.
>RX7 FB
>1970s Toyota Celica Fastback
>S13 Nissan Silvia
>Datsun 240z

Think I might have got mine already. Imported an AE86 Trueno from Japan last year, and the engine shat itself shortly after I started driving it out of the compliance shop. So now I'm building a 20 valve engine for it, and am working on getting that running as a baseline. Long term I want to take it back to a very built 16 valve, looking at around an N2 spec sort of engine. Would probably be chasing 220hp at the crank at around 9500 RPM. Yes, I know I could get a lot more power with a turbo, but I've always loved and admired the N2 AE86 race cars with their crazy ITB setups and stratospheric redlines. A built NA 16V 4A-GE would be quite the treat I think.

Looks like a cooler Prelude.

I'm moving out of state for a job and storing my FB because I don't really need a car or have space to work on it where I'm going. I don't wan to sell it; it's been my daily driver for almost two years now. But it is showing signs that a rebuild will be required in the near future. Just shy of 100k miles. I'm hoping with this new job I can save enough money to totally restore the whole thing by the time I have space to take it back with me, at which point I see no reason for ever getting rid of it.

Supposedly my dad drove an XT, but I was too young to remember it. Everything he told me about it was that it was unreliable as fuck, though.

There's little things I want to do on all the cars I own and plan to own, but it'll mostly be maintenance and increasing their lifespan.
I especially hope that we will soon see 3D printing become cheaper with more durable materials, so I can replace some old stuff.

My main project for a long time is going to be my Mitsubishi Lancer III Station Wagon.
I already have a near perfect rust free body and interior (pic related).
Now I need the 'big' 1800ccm engine, and the AWD chassis, which I will hopefully be able to acquire by just buying one more car.
I plan to eventually repaint the car, I'm not sure what colour yet though.
I also read somewhere that the JDM had a variant with a turbocharger, so some research in that direction and possibly a trip to Japan is also planned.
The only sort of custom thing I want to do to it, will be replacing the rails under the front seats with longer ones, since the car is kinda too small for me.
Unfortunately at this point the car has become rather rare.

I also have the dream of a Mercedes Sprinter build, but that's probably nearly unattainable.

When i'll have the money, i'll get an E21. I'm thinking about installing disc brakes on the back wheels and when the engine dies, i'll get a new one. Possibly new seats too, and anything that will increase it's reliability.

>1g Prelude
I really like this car too, but I wonder if I'll ever manage to pick one up.

I have a 5g Prelude project right now, and I already plan on keeping that car forever.

Both of these look awesome.
I really love the Japanese automotive design that ended with the 90s.
Yeah and they made it unrecognizable and ugly.
It's hard to pull a modern Mad Max style wasteland vehicle off.

>dem lines
>over 30 years old
>not classic
user bls

Mad Max had so many styles of cars in it that almost anything could work, as long as it's lifted with off road tires. Heck, they had what appeared to be a 240z just before the monster truck crawled over the collapsed passage. Road Warrior had a bright pink Desoto. There's such a wide variety of custom vehicles that it's really just the practicality of them that you need to worry about, for fitting into the setting.

Sure anything CAN fit.
But don't you want it to look good in some way?
The Skyline just looks ugly to me.

>muh mad max
It could use some bigger tires but otherwise I think its close to the style
>V8 powered

I want to see some rotary death cultists worshipping the wenkel. The warlord with a 4 rotor 26b, twin turboed. His most loyal soldiers with 20b engines, also twin turboed. Everyone else with an assortment of turboed and NA 13bs and 12as, mostly RX7 pursuit cars, and a single war rig powered by a 4 rotor boat engine, that's also twin turboed.
youtu.be/WSCX9IBtCDI

>dorito war rig that isn't a rotary bus

I'm collecting junkyard parts to do an engine swap.
I like the idea of the real hot rods of the olden days, where you took old junk, make a sweet side, and run it hard.
Thinking a bit of a madmax vibe.

Some day, I will get to work on it more...

you lucky bastard. i cant find any of these around me anywhere!

>Friend's dad was selling pic related
>Mint condition plus a lot of love through the years
>Wasn't a car junkie at that time so I just stfu and bought a Civic

It pains me

HAHAHAHA I hope you have deep pockets, to get 220 out of a 16v you'll need a TRD crank which on it's own is $3500.

i mean it's 90% done

Nothing at the moment. Can't think of what to build. Either another 2002 or an e36 I think.

>thought the thumbnail said, "Geniune Jew York Parts."

>FWD dream car/project car
What the fuck?!?
Who would willingly choose this?

youtube.com/watch?v=GfDWQbnb-Zo

Or you do a beams motor swap for $3000, have 200hp with bolt ons and call it a day.

200hp out of the 16v is just a ridiculous and stupid goal, if not impossible. You have to start with at least the 20v.

You do now the 16v has like, 80hp stock right?

"Crazy ITB setups" You literally know nothing about these cars, do you

RWD
IS
BETTER
DIPSHIT

Are you 14? There is a lot more to a car than whether the engine powers the front or rear wheels.

Nope. RWD is better. FF just can't put the power down and navigate well

or an old deffender

>effu effu

this pile of german fucking shit

alright i'll admit i'm a bit pissed because it keeps fucking with me. this week it's the fucking brake repartitor that decided to cum brake fluid everywhere AFTER i rebuilt the rest of the fucking braking system and booked the car for its inspection/MOT

of course it's not rebuildable and it has to be literally the only part from a manta that you can't find new on the nazi ebay

also it tries to kill me when i drive with the windows closed because exhaust leaks

i just want to drive you, stupid manta

who names a car after a fish anyway

One of these, one day. I look at them and I see a modern car in all basic regards. They followed the Corvette principle (

i've NEVER seen these things in person
i want one so bad

nah

FRONT
WHEEL
DRIVE

>you will never get a qt3.14 car waifu

This old shiter is my permanent project car, it's an 2.0l at the minute, she's the biggest tease I've ever wrenched on, I don't think I've ever had it 100% right

Engine was $50 trans was $80
Pretty Jew to me goy

>FF

Are you implying that's its a front engine front wheel drive truck? What?

So you agree RWD>FWD

Please tell me this isn't 20e

least is not fwd

There's an '88 300ZX with almost perfect paint on it, but it has a VG30 in it, and automatic transmission. But, I can always swap parts over from my D21 into it. Still need to buy the car though, been dreaming about it.

>RWD is better
>taking the easy way out
m8 your just not up to the task

My goal is to buy a factory five challenge car kit and swap everything in it.

RWD is better though

>implying you can tune that old thing to keep up with stuff in 2016 much less 2043

One of these great big boats.

They've gotten plenty cheap enough so I'm just waiting until I move to a place with a big enough garage.

this pile of nipper metal, it quit on me 4 years ago from electrical issues. few days ago i finally washed it after it sat in the garage all the time

sad thing is its a January 1979 so one of the first Supras ever made and ive got original paperwork, as soon as i get the money im swapping in a newer engine

Least it's not fwd

Forever will be a SAAB guy. This is my 99' 9-3 SE with plenty o' mods. Full 3" exhaust, big front mount ic, big turbo swap, 3 bar map sensor, 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator, high pressure fuel pump, high rate injectors, full Bilstein track setup with eibach springs, all poly bushings, front sway bar, rear arb, 6 point subframe brace, steering rack brace, full catalog body kit, and full viggen interior swap. Love this car to death. Need to remedy the rust and work on the tranny. Also, all racing mounts for the motor and tranny, and short shift ftw!

this
Can't afford it yet
someday though
someday

Nigger

79 280ZX, been in my wifes family since it was new so it has a lot of history. Pretty fun and easy car to work with.

currently looking for a clean opel kadett, this was the car I spend my youth in back in the 90's.

Is that a Spacewagon?

love the aesthetics of my wagon so much

>who names a car after a fish anyway

GM apparently.

>tfw no Manta, or Stingray.

>240z
Welcome, we hope you came for the rust.

I already have my project car.

Just installed a T3 short shifter, koyo rad with Mishi fans. I'd love to make some window templates and have some Lexan polycarbonate windows riveted.

Engine wise, I'd love a BEAMS or just go with a 7ageTE. I just bought a T50 rebuild kit so I'm leaning towards the turbo.

My wife's black son D'marcus will inherit this car.

So you hate FWD?

>death cult
>dem digits
Fuck off satan, though I would join your dorito cult

...The BEAMS engine was RWD in the Toyota Altezza. How do you not already know this? It's a relatively easy swap for the fact that the engine block was used for a hell of a long time--all the way back into the 1980's.

So you agree RWD is better?

I'm completely in love with the thing, but I dont DD it for two reasons.

>Fuel consumption
>Rain gets into it, like it pools by the driver's feet.

It only gets out on sunny weekends, for now. I plan to overhaul the body and frame the coming winter, so at least it'll be watertight (and stiffer).

>They all blow apex seals simultaneously

plot centres around the last known stash of apex seals

1987 el camino with lt1 swap from a 97 camaro and thinking of throwing in the 4l60e to go with it.

Looks like it's going to be this 87 CRX HF