/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking General

Mothgirl a shit edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-arm9loaderhax guide completely revised with fewer steps and less time involved.
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-VITA PIRACY CONFIRMED wololo.net/2016/08/25/not-release-hackers-now-confirmed-ps-vita-piracy/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a write-up if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone post the seizure webm again please

sure, in the same way that a ds emulator is possible on the psp

WHERE IS THE DEMO

T H I S

T H A T

H

A

T

I see that there's a new, shorter A9LH guide posted in the OP. I already hacked mine a few months ago so I'm not completely up to date with what's new and shit. Is there anything I need to be bothered with? Updating files, etc. etc.

T H E S E

Looks like he's having a fun time at the invisible rodeo.

ESOHT

THOSE
H
O
S
E

ARE

THEM
TEM
EM
M

D O

O

Is it acceptable to let niggers live free?

I don't know but I'd like to know too ahaha

T H A R S
H
A
R
S

Do you have a9lh 3.1 installed? It came out last week. You might need to update.

S H E B L O W S

H

E

B

L

O

W

S

This edition makes me sad.

Well, I did this one around a month ago or something. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax
It doesn't say anything about 3.1 though? Also it says it's only been majorly updated once so I'm not sure what to do.

Welp, you're gonna have to update then. Good luck, I"m going to bed

And here I thought the Vita scene would finally be great
But no, all I'm seeing are faggots and attention whores

It would have been great, but that chance has passed us.

>tfw the pirates may not release piracy

China will save us. They don't give a fuck about morality. Sooner or later one sneaky chink will leak the dumping process.

Who shot Mira!?
Don't lie to me!

B-believe in the chinks...

That vpkmirror site might be it, right...? Similar to 3dsiso and darkumbra for the nintendo side...

is it ok for me to use my main NNID account on my hacked 3ds? have there been any reports of people getting banned from playing online or using stuff like the freeshop app?

yes and nope

You now realize that we could have piracy at this exact moment if Yiffy Lube wasn't being a moralfag and instead just released the source code.

Nobody shot Mira!
I don't know who strangled her either

Gab

Isn't the VPKmirror countdown like 20 days?

Like damn, do we have to wait an entire fucking month? Even though the process is already known by multiple people?

Fuck that countdown, how is it not as bad as yiffylube?

Probably not a bad thing. Hopefully it means we'll have a decent cataloge at launch
Unlike the actual Vita

I guess 20 days is better than an years, I want to believe it's because they're preparing a library of diferent vpks...

I KNOW!

Who's that owner of vpkmirror, is he actually known for anything in the sony scene? Will he deliver?

No, that's bullshit.
If the process was released we'd have 90% of the entire library within a week, guaran-fucking-teed.

Not to mention there are already forums out there with dozens of encrypted dumps. You wouldn't even need new dumps for a shitton of games, just decrypt them and off you go.

I know. I was just making a joke about the lack of games in the vita library

>retroarch is still unstable
>vita gba emulation is still garbage
Why?

I've been thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to upload vpk files as jpg or mp3 so that the vita can download them directly from a website? Then all we would have to do is rename them back to vpk on molecular shell.

I just tried this and uploaded a vpk renamed to jpg and mp3 to google drive and tried to download via the internet browser on the vita but it didn't work. If we find a way to do that then it would be possible to put all of the homebrews into a website that we can download directly on our vitas for maximum comfort.

So what do the new developments in the Vita scene mean?
Just pirated games, or is the vita opening up for more homebrew?

I... I don't think it works like that...

It has more games than the 3DS though.

Do you mean quantity in general or actually good games?
Either way both statements are incredibly incorrect.

AA6 DEMO .CIA WHEN??????

It actually does have more games if you actually took a second to google it

Nice meme bro. But for every 1 good game the Vita has, the 3DS has 10 better ones. Not to mention the lack of Weeaboo trash

uncharted and what else?

The Vita has more and better games.

Numerically yes. But qualitatively, no

God fucking damn it, here it comes, a complete thread full of console wars bullshit instead if actual piracy discussion.

Anime visual novels with tiddies XDD

>arguing with normalfags who actually enjoy playing mario/zelda/pokeman rehash #247

Just let them be retarded, user.

>someone actually made this
kek

>As of April 2014

Fukken dropped

>can't even be arsed to refute it
I guess it is right then.

no dynarec

IOSU 5.5.1 when?

Vita piracy when?

why would i though all i said was kek

The chart is still correct though.
kek

check the OP OP OP OPPA HOMEBREW STYLE

lmfao

>binding of Isaac isnt on nintendo guys
Damn thats old.
And it wasnt a matte rof censorship, but that the o3ds was shitty hardware wise.
>look at its low resolution
Its low because its being rendered twice. Even with 3d turned off it still renders twice. Which is really fucking dumb.

>Read OP
>Piracy is totally happening guys
>But you have no proof, but having to trust me :^)

Okay

>somebody made this
There is so much wrong, I won't go into detail, but looking at the metacritic, I see two games on the vita have a score above 90, and both ar ports. The 3DS has 6, only two of which are ports, and both are remakes, not straight ports like the vita ones.
And just because Nintendo is a japanese company does not make their games weeaboo. And the fact that he can only find three 3DS weeaboo games (one of which isn't even) just proves that it isn't a weeaboo machine.
I also love the way he implies that the only shovelware Vita games are on the PSMobile, ignoring the many that are in the store proper and included in that number.
It is a better machine for indie games, but that's about it. And the Binding of Isaac section is hilarious in hindsight.
The fact is the 3DS has more and better exclusives, which can be seen in the upcoming titles section, where 90% of the Vita games are ports or multiplats

It's objectively wrong. The Vita is the worst handleld since the R-Zone.

>PROPRIETARY

>MEMORY

>CARDS

>Fez
>ports
Vitagen, please. You're only making it look bad.

I think the best part is how this knows it's bullshit so tells people to ignore any arguments against it because 'they aren't credible' even without seeing the arguments that are being put against it

Why is this general still called Homebrew and Hacking General instead of Piracy General? The only "Homebrew" tools you people care about is shit like Freeshop and CIAngel

So my PSV is actually activated and linked to an account but in Settings/PSN it always says "Not signed in" and offers to sign in.
Installed the Xanadu leak, got 2-3 trophies, uninstalled, enabled wi-fi, connected to a network. Trophies didn't sync. Is it safe to just stay like this? Was this only a problem when 3.60 was the latest OFW or what?

Fucking this.
>Almost entire library is multiplats, weebshit, fan service, ports
>Proprietary jew memory
>Locked down os to the point where you can't transfer anything unless you use their proprietary jew transfer software, and even then it's only on pc and maybe mac
>Hacks get destroyed within seconds even though sony has dropped the console
>Not even mentioned at e3
Sonyggers are in denial as fuck

This delusion is fucking insane.

>China will save us.
All these chink fucks have said they have no plans to release it.

If I want Dungeon Crawlers
Am I better off waiting for Vita Piracy or A9LHing my 3ds for EO

I sure can't wait for DQ7, and, uh... DQ8. What an amazing list of upcoming titles! Oh, and you can't forget the censorship!

I own 2 3DS's and it's pretty pathetic. Only reason I haven't sold them is because of custom themes.

This delusion is fucking insane. I like the vita, but unless you are into weeaboo games or ports of previously console based games (which some people are) then the 3DS has a better library

>Delusion is agreeing with the company who made it that it's a dead console

I'm too busy playing VitaQuake to care.

The Vita has a far better library though.

The 3DS is nearing the end of its life. What is upcoming on the Vita, that I can't get anywhere else
That is the most retarded excuse I've seen in a long time. You don't want to sell a console you don't use because it has custom themes you don't see because you never use it.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

Add to that Corpse Party, Gurumin 3D, LifeSpeed, etc.

FOR WHAT

P U R P O S E
U
R
P
O
S
E

How about you answer my question and prove it then? What games do you have to look forward to that I can't play anywhere else?

Only game that looks good there is YW2.

>hey, wololo, wanna see some piracy?
>here
>and here's the tool
>we're not releasing anything though
This fucking scene, man.

This is objectively wrong. It's at best at souped up PSP and PS1 machine since those are libraries to actually give a fuck about, with the odd Vita game that's not a shit port in between

No idea. Wololo just reported that none of the fucks that contacted him with proof have any plans on releasing a fucking thing.

I've only got a n3ds ATM but when piracy explodes on the Vita like with the 3ds I'll probably pick one up for that. The only problem I have is the $$$$ memory cards and apparently from what I know people have found a fix for that.

They probably want to make money off of it one way or another.

And what games look good for Vita?

Exist Archive. Get fucked dumb nigger.
Kill yourself.

>only game that my limited shit taste fits is YW2
fix'd

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>retards arguing over points of opinion instead of empirical facts
>not realizing both are pretty shit

Yeah, but at least we know it possible.

I hope you're not implying Style Savvy is actually any good, or fucking Federation Force for that matter.
kys