The new BMW 3 series will be exclusively produced in Mexico for American markets

The new BMW 3 series will be exclusively produced in Mexico for American markets.
>German engineering :^)

carscoops.com/2016/06/bmw-3-series-to-be-built-at-state-of.html

So what? Besides the tech coming from Germany, that is.

The factory isn't even up and running and BMW Mexico already accidentally leaked the interior for the new 3 series. Doesn't really speak highly of their competence unless this was a purposeful leak.

well deserved for american cucks

>Germans calling anyone cucks

Even Americans horrendeously suck at building cars. It's only going to be even worse in Mexico.

But it goes only to a market that gets what they pay for. So who cares?

Mexican factories actually have typically higher standards than American plants. You can thank the UAW for that.

>implying American factories don't have Mexican labor used in them anyway
The quality of the Mexican built cars will actually be equal to American made cars.

Still considering BMW for a vehicle

Not buying Mercedes or Lexus. Lol.

Not buying Cadillac.

>implying American factories don't have Nigger labor used in them anyway

ftfy

>Mercedes
>Cadillac
at least you said Lexus but we both know Mercedes has absolutely dropped in reliability and Cadillac is just hilarious.

>Mercedes

The Mexican cars should be higher quality then.

This. If you want fun get an ATS, if you want luxury get a C-Class. I'd ad in the Jaguar XE too. The 3 series is a weird in between that doesn't fill either class as well. The IS is more reliable and has a soft interior but is abysmally ugly, has very poor interior space and unimpressive engine choices.

That being said, I have high hopes that the next 3 series will be pretty good. BMW is aware that they have intense competition and know they risk losing big if they don't do well with the next generation 3 series. The new 7 series which has surprisingly proven to be a serious contender to the S-Class gives me hope that BMW will be able to hold their own in their next generation of vehicles once more.

Mercedes quality isn't that bad desu. They're actually the last company that still offers a V8 in a compact sedan.

the new 3 series is not even in production yet, it will be released in 2018-2019
and that's a BMW i8 interior im pretty sure

The new 3 series is getting an unveiling in early 2017. There are already prototypes driving around Europe so it's not beyond reason to think that there are already pre-production models being manufactured in plants for training purposes.

You don't get it. New BMW buyers don't care about quality so long as the car looks good. The warranty will take care of the catastrophic failures.

>implying Made in Germany BMW had quality

This, because made in Germany BMWs still suffer from poor engineering decisions that were originally made in Munich. Like not using enough steel or welds in critical suspension attachment points. Or using plastic where it doesn't belong.

>Or using plastic where it doesn't belong.

What the fuck is up with Germans and this shit? I see it in VAG products too. plastic chain guides, plastic pumps, plastic oil pans, wtf.

I don't even see this shit on American or Korean shitboxes.

probably cost savings and a bit about saving weight
over time the priority has become leases, not full on sales, and the kind of people buying these cars new replace them after like four years so there is a little incentive to make them reliable long-term

since german reliability being awful is already a meme and they'd have to completely change direction as a company to fix that, they said fuck it we dont give a fuck as long as our leasers are happy

>German engineering

I'm German and let me tell you: "German engineering" isn't worth anything anymore. Germany fucked up.
Last week a bridge under construction collapsed in Bavaria.
"German Engineering" is dead.

No thought put into good engineering anymore at all. Cheap cheap. EU regulations kill everything before it's even borne. Cheap unskilled workers that aren't even able to hold a proper conversation with their superior due to lack of language skills - even if they're born in this damn country. Thus, engineering, construction and installation processes are dumbed down for the biggest retard to understand his simple 3 steps that he has to follow. That's sometimes a huge handicap though, with more challenging tasks which there are no skilled workers for at the factory so the dumb guys get a chance.

"Made in Germany" is dead.

Some plastics are more durable than metals, they claim, and in theory, and in prototypes, this works. Then it's handed over to the sub-factory with chances of temptation to look for the improvement of cost efficiency, if you know what I mean.

There's another problem with BMW specifically but with other makes as well:

For example:
Even though the pistons have the same dimensions in different engine models (even with the same bore and engine basis) with different hp ratings, they are made from different alloys/metals. That's why it's not wise to software-tune your base engine even though all the other internals may look like they have the same dimensions.
There's a specific problem - I think it was the 1 series - where the engines seemed similar but with different hp output. Some geniusses thought "the same engine is sold with 1xx hp but also with 2xx hp so it must be the same" but the piston rods and the pistons were made from different materials.
So, first problem: Tuners expected to be able to reach higher hp with the result that there were lots of destroyed engines that "were supposed to have the same power output because they're the same" but also:
The second problem: The official replacement part seemed to be the low-end/cheap replacement part from the "worse" alloy so when a high-power engine got replacement parts, they were ment to be for the low-power engine.

I might have some details wrong, I just remember the article written by a BMW engineer about why software tuning was a bad idea.

I'm pretty sure the plant in South Carolina is the biggest BMW plant. Even if its not in Germany the plant is still pretty amazing, same with the South African plant.

>niggers
>labour

>implying this is a bad thing

BMW already has had another factory in mexico for a while now, same with Mercedes, Audi, Ford and GM.

The first BMW with a hideous "golf club" on its side

>German "styling"
>"Luxury"

Rich chinese tasteless people send their regards

>They are being paid 4$ an hour
>BMW quality being even being worse

>Mercedes, Audi, Ford and GM.

The same ones with quality issues?

>State-Of-The-Art
>Mexico

>The leather will smell of tortillas

L U X U R Y
U
X
U
R
Y

>Buy the new 3 Series
>The car arrives at dealership
>Open trunk
>2 illegal immigrants inside

>buy a new 328i
>cd player doesn't work
>take to dealership for warranty
>there's a tortilla inside

You guys are just being ignorant and not thinking about how it is all actually a positive. You are getting those tortillas and sex slaves for free.

I would be shocked if it had a CD player. My girlfriend just bought a RAV4 hybrid and it doesn't have a CD player.

>buy new 3 series
>car starts smelling weird
>look in the engine bay
>theres a moldy burrito
>look in the glove box
>theres a human head
>look in the trunk
>a guy pops out and thanks me for transferring him
>call BMW customer service
>they only speak spanish

I think Merc has dropped in quality, but so has every other brand. Lexus was never that great to begin with, their cars have always felt shitty and sterile to drive. I guess they're okay for the price.

The quality of German cars was never meme though, they did actually use better materials for decades. I used to live in Hungary, and you would see Japanese cars rust away while German cars kept going. The issue with German cars was that they typically put out superior performance and not everyone took care of them, they also introduced electronics before most companies. You can see other brands drop in reliability too once they start copying the Germans in the nineties. Those brands never used better materials though, the metal is cheap and so is the plastic.

That being said, I'm not defending current German manufacturers. They're as bad as everyone else now, mostly. The market demanded a bunch of fancy bullshit, and the companies provided, while keeping costs reasonable. The E46 and E39 are timeless masterpieces, I honestly don't see myself ever buying newer, but most people don't care that the interior had real wood, or how supreme the road feel was in those cars. They don't care that they were perfectly sized cars. They want fuckhuge screens in their brand whore leases. I don't like people. I don't like when people circlejerk over the "sick new Bimmer". Reeee.

> but most people don't care that the interior had real wood, or how supreme the road feel was in those cars. They don't care that they were perfectly sized cars.

and herein lies the problem.
bmw decided to betray it's principles in order to expand as a brand, they're now a behemoth living on borrowed time (the public perception of their cars being 'driving machines', which hasn't been true for at least five years).

if there's such a thing as a car maker selling out...well....

They scored some deal where they agreed to pay the workers the equivalent of €10.50, start with 1500 workers and work up to 5000, build some schools and guarantee 100% Mexican parts content other than the engine and transmission. In exchange exported vehicles have only a 1% tariff and BMW pays no taxes on profits in Mexico for the first 3 years as long as they produce 150,000 vehicles per year.

10 euro is a lot of money in Mexico. A decent house in a stable area can be had for 30,000 euro and BMW could really use a cheap taxless labor hub with low shipping costs. It's pretty much a win win for all involved except for German workers, but German labor laws are already beginning to significantly cut into the financial viability of cheaper vehicles being built in Germany. There's a reason that German built 3ers cost 20% more than South African built models, and it's not quality.

Mercedes did the same thing. Mercedes was barely making profit on their cheaper German built C-Classes so starting with the last generation they begin shipping most of them from South Africa and then finally just ended up making them in the United States with lower labor and tax costs starting in 2015.

Haha fucking kek now I can't unsee it.
My friend bought a new 7series and he's so boasty of it....gonna roast him with this.