Ok speed demons it's time for the bi-weekly thread where we say what top speed we've attained and what car it was in

Ok speed demons it's time for the bi-weekly thread where we say what top speed we've attained and what car it was in.

Current record is held by Alphonse after hitting 210mph on the way home after realising he hadn't made a GM vs GTR thread in the last 45 mins.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PWr35BlP9DA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My top speed was 135 in a camaro v6 on the jersey turnpike

188kmh in an Audi TT 225

I hit 110 on the highway trying to get home to poop in my jetta

Why didn't you pull over and shit by the side of the road, wipe your arse on your undergarments then be on your way?

103 km/h succesfully reached after 20 seconds from start in my 98 daewoo tico,i stopped accelerating then because the steering wheel started to shake

145 in my evo
i had to slow diwn because i kept encountering idiots in the left most lane doing 60

120 in a Honda Civic LX

193 mph in the z51 c6 corvette

115 in one of these bad boys (if it makes it any better, highways in my state are 55)

I was on the way home from prom in my dad's car and it was like 4:00 in the morning on a Sunday. My date turned out to be sleeping the whole time and I had to tell her the next day.

>120 in Lol86

90 mph isn't that impressive m8

130ish in a 98 Plymouth Neon. The speedo only goes to 120 and was pinned beyond that.

I did 100 mph on a Ninja 250. The highway from Toronto to Peterborough is slightly downhill for miles. The top speed I've reached on level ground is 90 mph.
All these people posting post-100mph speeds in cars don't know what chasing the maiden Death feels like. It feels like the bomb between your legs rattling and the wind threatening to tear you from your fucking perch. It's the knowledge that if you fall, you will be flayed by the lightly ridged concrete. Death feels like thirteen thousand RPM on a tiny twin, screeching like a sewing machine. Redline at fourteen grand.
What a fucking feeling.

I've hit 100 in my Miata.

170-175mph in a Seat Cupra, plenty for lolfwd

That's actually pretty impressive.

175mph in my old 62 Ford Falcon racer.

Was at a track day, I thought it was a fast car, but I got shamed by a 72 Charger in the 1/4 mile by 3 seconds.

Kek isn't 103km/h like 15 MPH?

>cupra
>175 mph
Sure.

105mph in my stock 4 cylinger 2.3l duratec mazda 6 on PA Rt 30. Gotta go fast

I got 130 I'm my 84 firebird on the 5 freeway In california late one night. I stopped accelerating because the front end was bouncing

sounds like any jeep above 50

275+kph indicated. Not stock obviously.

Mk3 Cupra can do better, intake/downpipe/exhaust gets them about 400bhp.
DSG gearing ends at at around 297kph, though, from what I know.

My Mk2 is around 340bhp, needs fuelpump to go further.

Ran into the 155mph Limiter several times in either the golfr or the cla45
Went above that as a passenger in a TVR 350C
probably 170 175 mph

110mph in a mustang

200 kph in a Renault laguna2 2.0 L

210 km/h in this thing, wouldn't go any faster

250 km/h in a BMW 330XI

107 mph (172 km/h) in one of these, as a passenger.

110 mph in my 1988 toyota corona SF (the SF stands for Super Fast). I crashed that bad boy a week later and havent owned a car since.

What have you been doing with your car man?

220kmph in a Mazda 3 stock sedan. I was on a straightaway on a highway with plenty of room.

220km/h in a 93 honda prelude ~136mph

Indicated 160mph in a tuned Volvo 850 T5 with my mate driving. Turns out he didn't have a licence and wasn't even insured on it (Dad's car).

Going that speed round a long bend in the wet with sketchy tyres and suspension was fucking terrifying, genuinely thought I was going to die.

Car was bloody quick though, I quite fancy a well sorted one.

Pic related, taken by my friend in the backseat. Got pulled over a few minutes later, luckily the cop only clocked me at 95. Since the speed limit is 80 here in Idaho, the ticket was only $90 and he was cool about it.

Pushed 120 on my 99 Acura TL 3.2

Highway 115 Northbound or Eastbound?

140mph in an 07 Avalon

155mph in my old 93 camaro z28

yeah I did a solid 90MPH(speedo indicated)n a base model 2004 Impala last winter in -35C on an icy as fuck two lane highway. For some reason that's what the flow of traffic was.

143 in my Audi TT on NJ turnpike. Routinely get 120 on my way to work. Best in one of my cars. Took my dads SLK AMG to 160 when I was 17 on US RT 50 in WV. Uphill sprint in oncoming lane to over take five semis. Got to the top and than looked at the speedo. Was a little rattled in a good way. Love those SL/SLK's.

>golfr or the cla45
you have terrible taste

145mph in my Ecoboost Moostang. Saw a GTR in my rearview on the highway and decided to hit the gas. He gunned it behind me, but chickened out when we hit 100.

148 mph in an A8L, friend was in front of me doing 155 in his S4. Not even racing, we just wanted to see if we could hit the limiters on an empty highway.

2005 s2000, 120mph. Sadly i sold the car only after 6 months of ownership. I am in the market for another s2000, this time i will shot for top speed.

All these ecoboxes that I drive run out of oomph at 170kmh.
I did 160 in a 60 zone in a ML450 once on a test drive, that was fun.

Do you ever regret buying the ecoboost over the v8?

Not an insult a legitimate questions since im considerinf one

210km/h on the highway.

Eh, sometimes. It'll never sound as good as a GT and requires some modding and tuning to be at the same level. I wanted a DD though and the Ecoboost I can pull around 27-28mpg average with. I would say, if you can afford the GT, get the GT.

>wipe your ass on your undergarments
You fucking peasant

125 in my Honda Accord Wagon

200 km/h in a 2003 Peugeot 406 with the 4 banger.
Pretty much the top speed for that car.

115 Northbound, if I'm remembering right. The big, long, straight highway. The one that's full of this ridged concrete stuff that makes everything vibrate at really high speed.

230km/h (142mph) in a 2007 Mazdaspeed6

Top speed I believe is 243km/h (150mph) but I fell for the fuel starving meme and chickened out

150mph in an 09 Challenger r/t 6 speed

Fuel starving meme?

118mph backroad gixer sixer
112mph highway grand Cherokee

110 in a d17a2 em2 because road rage.

>I got 130 I'm my 84 firebird on the 5 freeway In california late one night. I stopped accelerating because the front end was bouncing

I got 168 in my ls1 Trans am on the KY interstate late one night. With the tops on its OK up to that speed, but with the tops off the whole car would start swaying around 155.

Lol you're so obviously a Scandinavian awkwardly attempting British slang to "fit in" and it's pretty fucking cringey dude. Give it up.

if you go full trottle for too long
the fuel pump can't follow
that's what i heard

The engines are apparently notorious for being fuel starved when being tracked or driven at wangan speed. They say the cure is a better fuel pump but I know jack shit about wrenching and I'm too much of a poorfag to feed this money put as it is/pay someone to install it (Stay away from these things seriously, especially at high mileage. Some user a while ago said people get rid of them at high mileage because everything goes with them then.)

probably near 100mph at my local drag track, i always keep my foot down a bit after the 1/4 mile mark

VW Caddy 1.9TDI
The whole speedometer, needle pressed against the stopper, which the last number is 240.
Chasing a V6 Peugeot 3008 on the A2 on my way to the Portimão circuit.
That was with the work truck.

With my own fiat 1.4 80hp I drafted a megane 1.5Dci to 180kph, but had to ease the pedal because I'm only running tires rated for 180kph
(actually just double checked, after all the T's are rated to 190kph, cool)

I have the chevy 305 in mine so that was probably as fast as its ever gonna get. Also, my rear end is slightly lifted so that didn't help my stability

Played Wangan gang with this on the Dallas North Tollway. Hit 170 mph on the shoulder (it was about 3 lanes wide) past morning traffic doing about 70.

I don't do toolish foolish stuff like that anymore.

120 in a 2009 Accord base model sedan.

Then I stepped on the brakes too hard, warped them, and now if I brake above 65mph I get the spooky shakies

The top speed (that my vehicle is even capable of) is like 95 mph on a level plane.

105 in a 09 V6 accord here

220km/h in fwd celica but the scariest was 180km/h on 1.4 diesel corolla wagon

09 accord owner here. They cruise surprisingly well at 90+. First week i owned mine and took it on a long trip, looked down and I somehow was doing 105

Northbound is almost nonstop sweepers the entire way. I've only gone far enough north on it to get to Mosport though. Was in a two lane highway similar to a 400 series or was it similar to the trans canada where exits and on ramps can easily cause your shit to get fucked up?

Not really, that's pretty much the same as my top speed story although it was probably a 96 or 97 Neon. It was pretty much brand new at the time my buddy let me drive it while he was at work.

126mph on the M74 before Gretna, car had more to give but I chickened out

Draft someone or use a downhill

130mph in muh civic type r

169kmh in a stock Mazda3

[would not repeat]

135+mph in an 1987 Chrysler Conquest at 2:30AM on a stretch of I-90 between Rochester and Syracuse

Pulled ~105mph in my little stock '85 mr2 last week
Coulda pushed it more but I knew I was coming up on a speed trap

140mph in my clk500 on i287 in jersey

220km/h, '07 sierra

hit 260km/h in 2015 dodge charger shaker r/t

100 mph in an 04 Toyota Sequoia. At that point it started making bad noises.

132 in my 99' integra down a back road in jersey, literally almost killed a baby deer thay was laying in the fucking road

Actually I lied, I went like 160~ish in my dad's friends viper, I wasnt driving though. The thing had over 60k in work, it was a suicide machine

201 km/h in a vw tiguan

~120 mph indicated
2002 Saab 93

115 in a Mercury Grand Marquis

Hit 120 in my busted up 850 wagon. Exhaust busted off between the cat and the muffler so it was pretty loud and pretty slow getting up therr

I reached 129mph in my Subaru n/a down the A1 haha

145 in a Lexus GS430. Had just been flashed by a speed camera doing more than double the limit and thought I was gonna lose my licence, so I decided to max velocity the old girl and see what she could do.

Git gud

youtu.be/PWr35BlP9DA

>Base Corvette
>Check out my z51

156 mph in my g35, that was the limiter though was still pulling

122 on a Accord

>z51
>probably ls2
>193mph
kek

120 in challenger rt

Wasnt even that fun desu

250km/h in my dad's BMW e46 M3

135 mph in an acura tl. could have kept going higher (vtec hadn't kicked in, yo), but the thought of a tire blowout or risk of arrest and castration on the california freeway I was on got to me. I still wallow in my shame every day.