Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General.

Post your Toyotas, Lexuses, and Scions. Discuss anything and everything Toyota.

/hou/ squad.

>ON THE LAST LAP

Why did they have to fuck it up right at the end

>Choke general

fresh

My first car was a 1994 Toyota pickup 2wd 22RE extended cab, pretty good started truck to haul shit around

Toyota: The Ultimate Jobber

I don't even want to dream about owning a Mk. V Supra anymore.

It'd probably blow up 3 miles before it's required service.

who won lemans.

Oh shit Dagumi, glad to see you here. Was gonna post the SC.

/hou/ squad!

No one, Toyota lost it. On the last lap. Porch inherited a win.

Say it with me: Porsche won.
Porsche w o n.
By being the first car to complete the 24 hour race.

Not Toyota.

You guys didn't race tho, you couldn't compete. It was already over and done.

So, just how many people on Veeky Forums own soarers/SCs?

1JZ Soarer here

Don't own one, but will hopefully be in the market for one soon. Have always wanted to own one.

They're definitely one of the best bang/buck cars you can buy. A lot of supra parts bolt straight on, they're built solid as hell and can be very fast for not a lot of money.

If it were over and done Toyota would have been the winner. But it wasn't, the race ended with Porsche in first.
>unironically believing Toyota deserves to be the winner for completing 23 hours 55 minutes of a 24 hour race

>my first car was a truck

I don't believe that tho, I'm just saying. Sorry man, still in shock.

as a supra owner, I can attest to this. If you want what is basically a supra for much cheaper, get an SC.
plus 1jz too. I need to do a swap soon

>completing 23 hours 55 minutes of a 24 hour race
Fuck your shit. They did the full 24 hours. Too bad for some fucking reason 24 hours of Le Mans actually means 24 hours and a cooldown lap of Le Mans.

No, it didn't complete 24 hours.

will scions become a rare gem in the next 10 years

Rare, maybe. Gem, no.

My truck, getting bigger tires on Monday!

love it, post some pictures when you get your new tires on!

nice leaky ttops you got there

Buying one Monday with the 1uz

>18th time for Porsche
>even Dorito could do it
Toyota on sudoku watch.

sexy

how was gas milage on that? I can't get near 25mpg on my 03 regular cab
nice what state?

Western Canada

Poorfag here. Is the 1st generation Toyota Ist/Scion xA still a good car to get second-hand as a daily beater?

ah, plantlife reminded me of the olympic peninsula in washington. more north than I was guessing.
most things under scion are pretty good deals second hands, just gotta inspect them.
though if I recal these didn't fair so well in crashes

Toyotafaggotry is not synonymous with slowfaggotry

>nazis can win
>nuclear mutation dorito spawn can win
>pigfat diesel can win
>au fromage eating tards can win
>britcunts can win
>lolyota still cant win
Selling my corolla right now, might break down a few turns before i get home.

>not wanting to go slow
whats the rush for faggot?

go limited places quickly
go everywhere at a pace

the choice is yours

Shit I love your Equips

So dank, looking to diesel swap a 2nd gen 4runner for some slow gud cruisin

cressida here

not my car, saw it parked outside bestbuy one day

boosted fatty reporting in

I get a half chub every time you post that beauty. Please take better pics.

serves them right for LF-SA

I guess Toyota hasn't been making any sports car due to this reason... they're unreliable.

Note: I said sports car, not Corollas.

Porsche owners were about to kill themselves, but after this, they are relieved.

Only if they end up putting a bmw inline 6 in it. Fucking toyota those cucks. Why is there a subaru boxer in their only sports car?

Just muh DD Avalon. I'd like to buy a newer one when I can afford it as my next DD. For when I can afford another fun car I'd like to get a Trans Am again. I had a 1987 that I had to cut my losses with.

>BMW Inline 6
>Doesn't even have an oil dipstick

No thanks.

I'll just keep dreaming of a 3JZ-GTE....I wish....I really wish.

>tfw new Supra more than likely won't be tuner friendly

Just end my life, God.

>Owning a Toyota after their complete humiliation today
How do you clucks live with yourselves?

>owning post-project genesis

fixed that for you, FJ Cruiser driver

Just picked up my new tank for a super good deal.

>2007 TRD 6 Speed Manual

I could see the next supra (if it ever gets made) being a direct competitor to the gtr, like it was originally. Unfortunately since the gtr is now a $100k+ halo car, so would the new supra be. Based on the gtr and nsx it would probably also be a tt v6 with awd. But my personal theory is that the lexus lc500 will be the spiritual successor to the supra with it also being around $100k

Nah, it's basically confirmed the Mk V will be RWD and I6 driven, thank god.

GT-R competitor? Who knows, but it'll definitely have some sort of hybrid system coupled with it.

And if we were to really be serious here, even the Mk IV was priced way too fucking high for it's time, thus why it failed.....until FNF as we all know.

Either way, I can't wait to see it. If you're right, man I'm going to be very disappointed. Yes, weight distribution sucks, etc. on an I6, but god dammit I want I6's back and NOT from BMW.

>And if we were to really be serious here, even the Mk IV was priced way too fucking high for it's time, thus why it failed.....until FNF as we all know.

>this meme garbage again

The 3000GT and NSX were more expensive.

>TRD
No

Nice bruh, looks unmolested too. Rare for a TRD to not be covered in swaggotshit.

>just got new job
>finally have enough money to buy an FJ
>word breaks that FJs will no longer be sold in North America
>prices plateau
>mileage keeps going up on these things
>prices stay the same
>guys want $25,000 for an FJ with 150,000km
>FML

Think I'm just going to keep driving the RAV4 as a DD, then buy a fun car in a year or so. Maybe even a baiku ^_^

> but god dammit I want I6's back and NOT from BMW.
Honestly their backs are against the wall. BMW is the only manufacturer left that makes inline 6's. You can't seriously expect Toyota to try and update an engine last used in 2006. It's too old. They need a completely new platform or one that's already up to date, which BMW has.

And? The 3000GT was a piece of shit and a failure, the NSX was a literal god machine that kicked Ferrari's ass to stop being idiots.

>unmolested
>someone took the time to try, unsuccessfully, to clone an actual TRD edition
Pick one

Are you confusing the Trail Teams with the TRD?

>silver TRD wheels, not gunmetal
>step bars, not rock rails
>white shift knob, not black
>no side exit TRD exhaust
>likely no TRD badges
Yes, I'm confusing a 2007 black TRD for a 2008 white trail teams.

MKIV weight distribution is 49/51 for GE and 53/47 for GTE manual models. Not too shabby at all.

D'oh. 51/49 and 53/47.

can't someone change that stuff?

Why would someone pay for the TRD edition and then change to regular FJ parts? It's a clone.

Picked this up last week. 1999 LS400 in Imperial Jade Mica. It's so much better than I would have ever thought honestly. I cannot believe these things are so inexpensive.

Those aren't stock wheels, that design was only available on the TRD version (gunmetal finish aside). The TRD edition has mechanical and performance upgrades as well, just like the Trail Teams did, as did the Offroad package.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

yey toyota

HOW WAS LE MANS?

>you know nothing
>own an FJ
>friend owned a TRD since new
>only other difference is TRF has bilstein shocks
>implying you couldn't order the silver TRD wheels
Tell me again what I don't know.

I forgot to mention it does include TRD Catback as well as every feature available on the TRD.

Including rear diff locks and ATRAC

Don't give up hope bro! These are worth waiting for!

100k miles is still not bad for the FJ since the problems toyota aren't their mechanicals, its everything else.

So where are the TRD badges?

how the fuck did toyota build a FWD toyota sprinter and somehow make it heavier than the RWD one a generation before? What in the fuck

View of the TRD side exhaust.

Are you telling me someone spent the money to do a 3 stage paintjob on the black diamond roof that is exclusive to a TRD?

Posting my toy Yoda

I've always wondered how the weigh distribution would change if you were to replace the fenders with carbon fiber custom made ones....would be pretty sweet.

Still dream of owning a Mk IV but I doubt I ever would. Probably would just keep it stock.

Are you telling me they got rid of the rock rails, black shift knobs, gunmetal wheels, and TRD badges?
>people never paint their roof

Posting moar toy Yodas

>Toyota makes me want a station wagon with a suzuki designed 100hp/liter engine

Just fuck my life

kawaii as fuck

HOW THE FUCK BUILD A SMALL SPORTY FWD COUPE AND IT'S HEAVY AS A FUCKIN ACCORD

I guess I can put the badges on to make you mad.

Either way, its a beautiful thing.

Does that piece of shit Corolla GT-S even have ABS

Good luck finding them.

Toyofags need help! Should I buy a GS300 or 400 as a first car? Any pros and cons that I need to know or tips? Please help a young stud out! It's either the GS 2nd gen or a LS400 2nd gen. I heard is300 waste as much gas like its bigger 2 brothers. Please need advice!

>you will never get these as your first car

>FWD
good.

im sad that i'll never get to own them... they're in my price range but i doubt they'll be ok
everyone i know says they're too old

GS400 has a better aftermarket and is better performance-wise, but the LS400 is the better all-around car and it's better made and more luxurious. When you drive an LS400, you bow before it as an engineering marvel. The GS400 is a just a sports sedan that doesn't even have a stick shift so you would prefer to buy an E39 540i if those qualities are most important.

if you think that stanceshit looks good, fuck off

My folks were originally going to buy me a CT-200h F-Sport, but I managed to talk them into an IS-200 F-Sport. How are thesecars for daily drives? I test drive a couple tomorrow.

Yeah if you want to stance an LS400 just go fuck yourself and leave these cars alone. There are already too many faggots ruining these cars.

Really? What bout my case? I'm 19 years old working I had a Integra but the B18 was "ok" and casual for me. But I wrecked it so now I wanna get a big boy luxury RWD car. So what you're saying is LS400 is better due to mechanics and engineering? What bout gas mileage?

I'm not going to stance any of these cars you fucking fags. Just drop it but not stance. I just had to get a quick group pic of the two

>tfw she died on me
512,030 miles, died from engine knock.

My dad abused the shit out of her until 300k miles when I got her. By the time I got it, the damage was already done and it was a slow death for the car.

2 battery pack replacements, electric motor replacement, complete interior recall/replacement, transmission rebuild. Ended up dying due to engine knock the last time my dad took her out. I don't blame him though.

I'm probably going to get a Lexus next. Fuck hybrids though, all the money I saved on gas went towards the motor replacement and battery replacements.