What went wrong? He didn't even give it that much gas on the turn

What went wrong? He didn't even give it that much gas on the turn.
>youtube.com/watch?v=YgZEP9L61b4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFEi-0Rx6J0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

snap-oversteer

could a pro race car driver have corrected that? Guy seem'd to countersteer but no luck, maybe he braked

yes looks like he had an open diff

He gunned it and snapped the wheel left out of a right hand turn.

Looks like he gave it to much gas, the car broke traction and carried momentum into the Armco.

He was driving a shitty car.

WHY CANT THEPRELUDE COMPETE?

>wet
>shitty worn out street tires
>pin the throttle
>WHY DID HE OVERSTEER??

the ignorance of this board is hilarious sometimes tbqh

SMELLY
DUMB
WEEABOO
SCUM

Do you agree FF is inferior to RWD

Of course, physics says yes. FF are the women of racing. The best ones are better than the mediocre men, but the best men make the best women look like novices.

haha wow Veeky Forums is so shit

mr2 is so shitty, such a shitty car the handling is really shit on them, so bad. really dangerous cars pieces of shit.

Listen to it.
He gave it too much throttle, and then was slow on the counter steer while still giving it throttle.
You could see he had zero confidence throughout the entire video.

If you countersteer and let off the gas in an MR2 it'll spin out.

If he'd kept the gas at least neutral he might have saved it.

abrupt control inputs on a wet track in what is probably not the most mint condition 20 year old toyota

Kallenhard strikes again
That part of the Nordschleife is notorious in the wet.
>He didn't even give it that much gas on the turn.
The turn wasn't even the real problem. He gave it a lot of gas once he thought he was out of the turn but he was still not driving straight. No chance to countersteer that, my guess he's also braking which makes the rear even lighter and more willing to overtake him.

>could a pro race car driver have corrected that?
- More experience with the car and these tyres in the wet.
- Better feeling for when the rear tyres start loosing grip.
- Maybe a bit easier on the gas. (He had the same problem after Adenauer Forst but was able to correct it!)
Those three things and he could've reacted half a second earlier, get of the gas a bit earlier, ...
I'll say it: not brake that hard - under that condition that you have experience with the car, the tyres and the brakes - so you stay in control, at the same time countersteer a little less hectic.
Yeah, with more experience of this car he could've handled it.

Then again, I've never driven the Nordschleife in the wet and I've a lot of respect for the track even when it's dry.

do you just constantly talk out your ass?

Too much throttle, turbo kicks in, combined with an already peaky engine causes the rear wheels to break loose. The effect is amplfiied by the rain which lowers the friction in the road, and the weight distribution takes care of the rest.

Lol the guy Was on a race track with all seasons, this is what happens. Take note morons

>i've never driven a car with an open and a closed diff

>braking too late into the corner for the track conditions
>1:00-1:03 making nervous minor adjustments with the wheel instead of the throttle
>giving it too much throttle
>giving said throttle over pooled water in mildly off-camber corner

Source, owned one, raced one, never crashed or died. May or may not be certified to conduct vehicle tests.

Don't take the never lift bullshit as gospel.

>car has Dan Gurney as patron saint/test driver
I always remember this little snippet, even if it may not be true, lel

"Toyota elected to change the MR2 suspension and tires to reduce the likelihood that this would occur, though many drivers would lament the change and claim that it "neutered" the sharp edge the MR2 was known for.[22] Toyota claimed that the changes were made "for drivers whose reflexes were not those of Formula One drivers." [23]"

Deal with it, you're not worthy. You're the reason why every car nowadays is full of driving nannies and is set up to understeer.

also,
youtube.com/watch?v=FFEi-0Rx6J0

understeer is what you want...

...if you want to protect normies, that's why everything currently being sold is mostly an understeering pig of a car or has constant electronic intervention instead of being neutral.

But don't take my word for it, see the motor trend review of the C7 Z06. Pobst commented on how it was fast but loose, the other two tomato cans said it was dangerous and unfinished.

what the fuck no helmet?

You're right, he should've been on slicks in the rain.

literally retarded

i know you are

one day you'll understand how differentials work

keep talking out your ass

i see you keep doing it

>hurdurka durr let's close the limited slip diff

>Viscous limited slips don't fail overtime

congrats, you played yourself

nice try, you're still retarded

It looks like it had just started raining/ drizzling

that is when tarmac is the most slippery, he could've saved it if he'd have reacted quicker and countersteered, but as its an MR2 it'd have probably snapped the other way around and crashed anyway.

midship general really.

should've been more gentle with the throttle/ waited till he crossed the patches of water caused by the concave of the turn.

>the axle catastrophically failed

congrats, you played yourself

spyder found the problem everyone move along nothing to see here

>the axle failed before the crash

the fuck are you talking about

i see, thats why you cannot come up with a coherent argument

>says they guy who doesn't understand differential

I don't get why people don't either continue on the throttle why counter-steering or just giving up and steering into the slide and smashing on the brakes to try and stay on their line sideways.

I just don't get it.

i watched engineering explained and now know everything about cars: the post

because it's fun to smash shit

Then rent the fucking renault shitboxes.

>there are actual retards on Veeky Forums that don't understand how a worn out LSD or an open diff will make a car lose traction when accelerating at the exit of a corner in the wet, specially in an MR2

why do I even bother

>open diff= worn out diff

get your story straight, retard

the effects are similar, retard

it might aswell be an n/a MR2 with an open diff and an aftermarket turbo, hence the sound, or a turbo without the LSD option

>hence the sound

now i know you're a complete retard

No, FF is shit.

>can literally hear the turbo

damn, i feel sorry about you being this retarded

Giving it not too much nor too little gas would actually help plant the back end better.

He didn't lift off, snap oversteer generally happens corner entry to mid-corner,

It's more that the radius of the turn decreased and it was more of a fast in slow out corner, and it eventually led to oversteer because he failed to modulate throttle and braked too late

When did Toyota change the suspension on the MR2?
So the earlier ones are easier to snap oversteer?

hi moon man

Hi gihn

In an MR2, especially the first gen, if you are in a low grip environment (rain, snow, spinning tires on a lovely summer day, etc) when you let off the gas or do anything other than keep doing what you are doing, the steering should move FIRST, then the throttle/brake.

In MR2, you always point where you WANT TO GO in these situations than correct the situation as it happens.

>wet road
>guns it before being out of the turn
>rear has little traction to begin with so it naturally loses whatever was left

this isnt rocket science

>Sabine

>Camisa and Leiberman
>tomato cans
Take that back

That is one of the slippiest part of the track. You always see people oversteering there.

He was driving in the wet and gave it too much gas, it was 100% his fault

>lap records at nurburgring not set by sabine
Lel. Sabine is good, much better than anyone on this board, but not the best

Old 911 owner here, just so you faggots know it's not the car's fault.

That driver is simply inexperienced with MR's platform and how it interacts in various scenarios.

Even more so with RR.

It's not that the car's design is bad, it's simply that the drivers who get in these cars jump in them and have no fucking clue how it's going to interact because they've never been in one.

My 911 interacts completely differently to a FR car's handling, but that does not make it bad, i simply need to adjust to the car's limits.

There's a reason old 911's are referred to as widowmakers, because husbands ended up buying one, no experience whatsoever and back then a computer did not control everything, nor did you have AWD covering for your ass, so driver skill really mattered.

tl:dr

>It's more the driver's fault than the car

Would insurance cover accidents on a track?

>much better than anyone on this board
99% of the board maybe. she's done nothing. she has no objective performance metrics for which you can base that claim on.

>muh 24hr burger
was nothing like it is now and they only won because all of the top runners DNF'd
and endurance racing is nothing like sprint racing.

he's not wrong..

No, at least not a normal insurance policy.

Depends on the insurance you got. Some exclude trackdays, etc., some even exclude "Touristenfahrten" on the Ring.

This almost happened to me. My car gets a little tail happy sometimes with the 4:08 gears and big block torque.

Its a notoriously slick corner, the track was wet, and the car is turbo'd.
it happens on this corner all the time.

this has absolutely nothing to do with le snap oversteer.

In Europe, most cover "Touristenfahrten" with more and more starting to exclude them these days. "Tourist laps" are officially not for timed laps and general street rules apply - officially... (you have to be able to stop within viewing range, only pass on the left, no speed limit due to being a one way country road with characteristics similar to the Autobahn - yes, there's a rule that exists nobody knows of. Most say there's a limit of 100, some say 130. But no, no limit except for two 50 areas that noone cares about.)

summer tires you nincompoop