Is it possible to go from being a car enthusiast to not being one?

Is it possible to go from being a car enthusiast to not being one?

I feel like I am slowly losing my interest in the automotive world. I don't keep track with all the new cars coming out, and I don't feel like doing modifications anymore. Even going to car meets seems like a chore. Veeky Forums visits are even becoming infrequent.

At least I still prefer to drive manual.

I recall seeing a similar thread before, and I would like to know if anybody else feels this way.

>Is it possible to go from being a car enthusiast to not being one?
Yes it is possible to lose interest in a hobby and pick up something else. You must be pretty fucking idiotic if you needed somebody to tell you this.

Okay.

I lost my interest for many years, but something would come along to respark my interest and ignite the fires of passion once more. It's happened a couple of times.

The most notable of which is when I finally decided to watch Initial D. Wasn't expecting much. Has actually vastly influenced me and inspired a newfound interest in cars.

Maybe you'll find your way one day.

Yes, I've had experience going in and out of having interest.

New car are shit for the most part. They all look like a slightly different version of the same blob.

It just means you're about to come out of the closet

i lost interest when decent cars started to cost 40k out the door. Noone in their 20's can afford them unless mommy and daddy paid their way through college.

I went to a semi-local new car show a few months ago. Better than half of the cars there was some flavor of crossover, and the cars that weren't were usually bigger and more expensive than they had to be.

>I don't feel like doing modifications anymore.
I can't blame you. Everything is either hyper expensive or Chinese knock-offs.

A shitty economy doesn't help here either. This is why the average car is over 11 years old now.

Hey, slightly different version of the same blob has worked for half a century for Porsche.

Also, stop looking at shitty econoboxes or luxobarges and you may find something appealing.

There's a difference between improvements and looking the same because of government regulations.

Are any of those requirements to be an enthusiast though? A lot of meets are a waste of time, and there are only ever a handful of new cars to worry about if you ignore econobox and luxury stuff. As long as you continue to enjoy your cars and driving them, there's no reason to worry about fitting into a label.

>Noone in their 20's can afford them
>40k
You're exaggerating just a bit.

I bought a 2015 STI ($39k), a 2013 911 ($64k) and a $270k house in my 20s. It's not that difficult. I don't make incredible money, I just budget well and spend sparingly everywhere else.

I've lost interest in performance, I really couldn't care how much power a car has or if it has sports tuned suspension. I want my car practical and comfortable, currently own a 2gen cube, like the looks of the Skoda yeti for its space and short wheel base. Considering a c4 Picasso (5 seater) as a family car.

Where the fuck can you buy a house for 270k?

I'm living in an old termite damaged piece of shit and could sell for 1.2m+

Yes.

I used to be into gaming and build high end rigs but then I grew up and realized it's a waste of time and money. Now I got a decent rig in a boring case, still gets the job done.

Lots of places, that's about the average US price actually.

I bought my house last year for $300k, in eastern PA. Even with the low inventory there were still plenty to look at in the $250-300k range.

poo bum

sumtimes poo poo from bum bum

Fuck you guys are lucky, in down under land a average house on the outskirts of Sydney is now more than 1mil. In better suburbs 1 bedroom apartments with massive strata fees are pushing 700k

Very possible, all I really care about the most now is comfort and utility. Sold my 2014 STI and swapped 2.5RS. Now all I have is my Subaru Brat and a Buick Roadmaster Wagon. This combo is the most content I've been with cars in a very long time.

Outside of major cities/more rural areas. House prices are going up where I'm at though. Bought a newly built house (4bd/3ba 2500sq/ft) in 2013 for $215k that was appraised at $250k. Three years later it has gone up in value to just under $350k.

We have had an influx of Chinese cash in Australian market. Some areas have pretty much doubled in last 4-5 years especially areas with high ranked public schools

The place where I live has god tier house prices.

Pic related is listed for $1,050,000. It is inside a private golf course and is very close to a major metropolitan area.

Anything over $500,000 is basically a mansion.