How are come Americunts are so dumb they can't make a car with more than 8 cyclinders that isn't total dogshit?

How are come Americunts are so dumb they can't make a car with more than 8 cyclinders that isn't total dogshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure this is based on all the time you've spent behind the wheel.

But they did

If only you could point out reasons why the viper is shit...
>muh interior
Sports car, not a luxury-sport car
>muh chrysler reliability
Name any sports car over 100k that doesn't require a lot of maintenance.

Neither of us have ever driven a viper, so in truth everything you "know" is just cherrypicked from other people's opinions.

Vipers are pretty damn reliable, and for the same price you could get a GTR which is an unreliable POS

1997 FIA GT
>7/11 GT2 class wins
>9/10 wins
>all FIA GT2 wins + 24 Hours Nürburgring, plus 2 more wins in 2001 and 2002

>any sports car over 100k
Turbo porsches, modern GTRs, optioned out HSV GTS, newer Koenigseggs when run on 98RON, NSX Type Rs, Aston DB9s

Viper acr embarasses supercars twice its price

Youre literally mentally disabled. Kill yourself

>FIAT Viper

Every one of those is gonna require maintenance at least as often as the viper. Come on now don't be delusional.

I don't give a shit how much it takes to maintain a viper, i listed shit over 100k that isn't a pain to live with.

because americans can only build shit engines...

Besides the LFA and Ferrari I can't think of many other engines with more than 8 cylinders that aren't in some way or shape German.

So, most of the rest of the world, are you even trying??

Vipers are awesome, I can't decide which one is my favourite.
Those 800-1000bhp+ Hennessy ones are just ridiculous too.

Lamborghini developed that engine

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_engine

Using a wiki page as a credited source. kek

Chrysler owned Lamborghini at the time, and they had some input on the cylinder heads, but it's stil a Chrysler engine based on the old LA small block.

>koenigsegg
>reliable

Bahahaha

I'm sure you own one and can provide first hand proof of the contrary?

kys

Your pic, and Gen 5 in the same color are best. 450 and 650hp respectively. Two dream cars.
Your pic is my dream car, exact to paint and wheels, since 1998.

It killed the 918 spyder, which costs what, 800k?

>It killed the 918 spyder

why the hell is top speed weighted so heavily? Who cares how fast you can drive in a straight line? The lap times are either hugely in favor of the viper or the spyder barely beats it. For a $700k difference in cost I'd say viper wins

600k less.
The only lap time that matters.

(Marc Lieb did a faster time, with 940k weissach package)

Then again, the 918 completely and utterly humiliates the Viper on the Nordschleife. I guess that's the kind of track where straight line speed really is an advantage.

>vipers
kek

I think that even thinking about running American muscle cars seriously on that kind of track is crazy. Of course a mid engine supercar like that would win in the cornering game.

How come Viper cant reach 300 kmph with all the horsepower?

All the aero slows it down

The ACR has a ridiculous wing that produces enough downforce to drive upside down in a tunnel. The regular Viper does 332 kph or 206 mph.

Haha I remember when I used to care when europoors insulted America. Good times.

>those wheels
>that styling

As someone who grew up in the 90's the original Viper will always be near and dear to my heart.

>implying more cylinders is better
I bet you fell for the"AMD has more cores" meme too

Why are Euroturds so grouchy? Is it because all they can drive are 1.3l 3cyl shitboxes?

things happened

Do you honestly believe that there is a Koenigsegg with over 100k on it?

As someone who HAS driven a viper, I will say this about it
>That fucking clutch
Fuck that clutch. Fuck that fucking clutch holy fucking fuck fuck that fucking clutch.

>Try to ease out clutch
>ded car
>Wind it out and try to ease out clutch
>Burning clutch smell EVERYWHERE
>Wind car up to 2k, drop clutch, kick in, drop clutch, kick in, until moving
>No more smell
It's tricky.

Driving is fucking FUN. Horsepower is a meme. You want fucking power? Here's fucking power. Here's more fucking power. It's probably the only car I've ever been in where I felt like I could spin the tires in 5th without any clutch.

Interior feels about as great as a neon. Yeah, it's a sports car, but it's VERY cheap. I mean fuck, the 1st gen's dashboard was held on with velcro.

It felt capable enough with handling. I didn't get to fuck about with it on a track and with as much as a reputation as they have for biting the owner in the ass under hard conditions I refuse to push that car on public roads when I neither own nor have the means to afford the thing.

I'd kill to try out the 1st gen though. I got to drive a 2nd gen and I felt like I was gonna die. The 1st gen must be literbike coming from a CT90 tier.

>calling Hennesey a production car and anything other than total shit

nissan>anything at koenigsegg

this

I am jelly.
Gen 2 is best gen.
Hope to own a Gen 2 and Gen 5

It was designed and built by Americans though.

bump

lol, viper cucks BTFO

how is only losing to a million dollar car and a purpose built one seat track car getting btfo? if anything it proves how good the car is

And people piss and moan about ford sandbagging. Top cuck sandbags laps more than anyone

Just wait for the smug anime and laughing whores

Then why did you even reply to his post you fucking retard

u wot nigga

>Designed in America
>By Americans
>Built in America
>Shipped throughout America
>Sold in America
>Tested in America

Oh yeah but some Italian company sits around and takes profits from the makers of this car so obviously it's an Italian car. Duhh.

>excuses
BTFO!!!
BTFO!!!

Rolls Royce is an Indian car

>Sports car, not a luxury-sport car

The shit you read on Veeky Forums, unbelievable!

>MUH VIPER DESTROYS MILLION DOLLAR SUPERCARS!!!!!

I wonder how many more centuries it's gonna take until americlappers realize why everyone still looks down on their shitboxes even when they manage to be fast.

The 918, the P1, the LaFerrari etc. are hypercars not only for their speed. If Porsche felt like it they could easily strip a 918 down, tweak it a bit in every way and make it annihilate the Viper. That's pretty much all they did ever since Porsche came into existence. The same is true for Ferrari and McLaren and whoever else you wanna name.

Instead Porsche built a car that is comfortable and relatively luxurious, packed with amazing tech and that let's ordinary people go really fucking fast.

That's impressive and that's why these cars are halo cars and that's amerifats don't understand. Stripping a car down and making it go really fast is not that special. It's been done already.

Even then, I think it's overestimated how much of the profit actually makes it back to Fiat's country of origin.

It's actually FCA. The Viper is part of the Chrysler arm of the organization, not Fiat.

>it's overestimated how much of the profit actually makes it back to Fiat's country of origin.

It doesn't.

Profit would go to the FCA which is based in London.

Then why don't they do it? Porsche has shown they're willing to with the new 911 R.

>I wonder how many more centuries it's gonna take until americlappers realize why everyone still looks down on their shitboxes even when they manage to be fast.

I guess the same amount of time europeans stop being asshurt about said shitboxes. if you make a thread (not sure if you are actually op or not) shitposting then that just says your jammies are incredibly rustled over the very thing you claim to look down on. if these cars are so insignificant to you than you shouldn't shitpost about them, make threads about them and their existence and people praising them shouldn't get under your skin.

>Porsche felt like it they could easily strip a 918 down, tweak it a bit in every way and make it annihilate the Viper.

Why the 918 though? why a car that already has a huge horsepower advantage and AWD? why not another GT car like the 911? and the ACR isn't even fully stripped down it still weighs over 3,300 lbs. Porsche has stripped their cars down (much) further and(as clarkson once put it) "charged more to give you less".

>Stripping a car down and making it go really fast is not that special. It's been done already.

Yea, it has been done, its called the 911 GT2 RS which barely beat a Corvette ZR1 around the ring that wasn't stripped out on top of the last Viper ACR which it didn't beat despite weighing 300-400 lbs less than both and having just as much horsepower. Porsche also charges you more to have your car stripped out, SRT does not with the Viper. that could probably be the thing that makes this one in particular a bit special on top of the fact that I've never heard of a GT-cars chassis getting anywhere near the performance of Hypercars from the factory.

I not going to say the Viper has the greatest interior, but if you think that the Viper is some "stripped down" track toy, you're lying to yourself.

radicals and lotuses are stripped down track toys

the viper is just a coupe with a massive engine, massive tires, and tons of aero.

>million dollar

the mono is cheaper than the acr

consider yourself baited

Dude, I don't condone the crap you're replying to, but you should just step back, take a breath and lurk more.

That looks like somewhere I'd like to spend a lot of time.

>8L V10
>Unreliable

What site is that?

snek would be really good if americans wouldn't be so afraid of new technology