Hey guys, I'm looking for a "sport car" for 5k - 15k. The E93 would be perfect, but is very expensive...

hey guys, I'm looking for a "sport car" for 5k - 15k. The E93 would be perfect, but is very expensive. The cheeper choice is the E46 320i (because of high power-taxes) with sport suspension.

Is it a good choice? Do you know any good alternatives? Maybe 1-Series Coupe or BMW Z4? Which makes the most fun?

Note: The only cars here in Europe in this price range and with RWD are from BMW and Benz. I think a car with FWD is not a real sport car. Agree?

Here come FWD vs. RWD shitposters. How does it feel to bang the hornet's nest with a stick, OP?

for BMW related questions.

AFAIK the BMW I6 engines are some of the most reliable engines available but it's a hit or miss with all BMWs. You have to get lucky not to buy a shit one from Muhammad. While they might not be the fastest of cars, they're definitely up there in terms of driving pleasure.

Also, don't make the mistake of buying a 4 cyl BMW.

Listen to a poster named davis, he knows his shit pretty well. Good luck

in what world is an e46 high powered

that hurts my soul to read that none of you stood up for your rights

>E46 320i (because of high power-taxes)
implies that he can't afford insurance on the higher powered models.

>Tfw when my annual taxes are $56 a year, and my insurance is less than $100 month for comprehensive on a 540i

none of them are high powered

at all, how could so many people just bend over and take it like that

z3

haha sorry for that.
okay, thanks, I'll consider that.

here you can buy a brand new BMW with only 95(!) HP

insureance is not so expensive. taxes are about twice as high for power. for example 1000€ per year for a 200HP engine.

also I'm student...

Get a used M3

... and pay 3000€ for taxes here. they are extremly rare too.

Do you really think a poor student could afford to maintain an old M3?

what makes you think the parts will be magically cheaper for the shitty base model?

m3,540i,z3

this fucking guy

I find the E46 320i is quite boring, a remapped 320d would be more fun
For under 15k euros you could get a 1 series 123d coupe with a 2.0 diesel engine which shouldn't be too much to tax/insure and is quite sporty while getting great fuel mileage
Is it a power tax or a displacement tax really? Because i've never heard of a "power tax" before

parts are way cheaper on base models you tard
i'm flattered lol

>taxes are about twice as high for power. for example 1000€ per year for a 200HP engine
That's just cuckery of the worst sort.

E36 328i. Turbo it, don't tell anyone.

>taxes are about twice as high for power. for example 1000€ per year for a 200HP engine.

>2016
>living in Europe

Are you a "refugee"?

Depends on the country
I pay 163 euros annual tax and 160 euros insurance for 12 months (2 years driving experience, no claims) on a 3 liter diesel BMW
160 eur = 180 murrican dollars

the official name is "engine-based insurance tax" but it simply means horsepower-based tax. You pay for every single horsepower.

the amout you can see over the old and new tax is only how much more you have to pay per year