How come normies became interested in JDM?

How come normies became interested in JDM?

It was once a word used by nerds and asians...

Now even rednecks in the trailer park use the word JDM means...

Swapping things like ash trays with ones from the japanses version of your car to make your car more japanese is full on weeb.

Why did normies ever begin thinking JDM is cool?

>TFW no QT car chicks

Initial D is way more popular then you can imagine.
It is universal in car culture, especially in this newer generation.
And in recent times it's become "cool" to like anime, to put random japanese characters on things.

Fast and the Furious.

But they don't even know what JDM means.

>tfw even she knows FWD is garbage

i have a jdm
most people don't know what jdm means

Bullshit, you could ask 100 people at the local C&C and 5 might know what Initial D is, never mind actually watch the dumb shit.

You've been spending too much time on Veeky Forums and think it's representative of anything.

Also, fitting JDM parts to imports has been happening for decades. You little ones are just too young to know any better.

Nope. You need to go outside more. Initial D is very prevalent in car culture. Trying to deny it is absurd

It really wasn't.

Congrats, you've spent more time around car culture than before.
Normies still don't like JDM tite shit.

Normies don't know what initial D is and if they do they most likely have never watched it.

>Initial D is very prevalent in car culture
lmao maybe if what ur into is 90s fartbox ricermobiles and even then the ppl in those crowds are only in it bcuz of fnf

get over urself u fucking weeb

I'm not saying everyone has watched Initial D or even knows it by name, but trying to say it has little influence on modern day car culture and enthusiasts is just ignorance and determination to downplay cartoons.

>Also, fitting JDM parts to imports has been happening for decades.
That's not what these kiddies who say "JDM as fuck" are doing. They think putting knock off Rotas on their Miata is JDM.

What exactly is your definition of a normie? Somebody who doesn't go on Chinese cartoon forums?

acura fag here, i dropped a few stickers on my tl just to piss off the jdm elitist

or someone who isnt a chicken tendie /r9k/ weeb

you're not pissing anyone off, you're just making yourself look ridiculous because that sticker is japanese for "new, incompetent driver"

What does being a normie even mean nowadays? 4chans filled with them anyway!

>It was once a word used by nerds and asians...

When I first started grey-importing jap cars, pretty much all of us where in engineering and/or IT as we had the cash to spare and wanted something interesting
Not many asians though, most of them still rattle around in BMW's

Kind of still irritates me 'JDM' doesn't mean japanese domestic market and seems to mean "shitty mods" done by tasteless fuckwits.

GTAV's Karin Futo (anagram for Tofu, Initial D reference) is an AE86 (Initial D reference) and can be outfitted with all sorts of crazy Tokyo-drift ricer shit.

GTAV is a popular videogame. Some people have to get it.

because sometimes jdm is better

more power, better standard equipment, more options, better cars

>Why did normies ever begin thinking JDM is cool?

Ask your parents for their copy of FnF.

"JDM" shit has been here since Japan started exporting affordable sports cars since the 90's. Americans have been fascinated about Mugen, Spoon, Top Secret, ect, for decades now.

No, you wanna really know what helped get JDM shit into American's vernacular you wanna look at Gran Turismo.

"Otacool" thanks to tumblrcunts
Btw thanks to the 15 year import laws and FnF, niggers have been going wild for years
Stay sad America
I keep mistaking these rear ends for JZX100 Chasers since there are plenty here

That's not JDM in your image OP, that's AUDM import car. Have a JDM import car.

That's honestly the coolest car to ever drive on Japan's roads.

This is a AUDM Domestic car

Think of it like beer. If it's sold specifically for the country's market but the company is not based within in the country, it's an import brand but is made specifically for that country's market.

>Build the wall deport them all

Why would someone who hates mexicans even drive a spic mobiles?

You are a really odd person.

Im always pissed at JDM faggots that drive LHD cars

That wasn't a style then..

That was because Japan was where all the good turbo kits and other parts came from.

before normies people were talking about doing weird stuff like swapping their aircon panels for the japanese ones for the Japanese writing...

Then normies came along with their rota wheels and started misusing the word, putting stickers like "JDM as fuck" on their cars with rotas and shot like that.

But swapping things like cigarette lighters with ones offf japanese models because of weaboo factor and usuing the term JDM is something that started taking off around 2005.

That is the single best analogy I've ever read on Veeky Forums.
Triple 8 confirms it.

It wasn't the style yet.....but it helped to start the mainstream JDM fuckboi trend.

whos got the video/webm of this?

What? Jdm has fucking nothing to do with anime.

Jdm was spoon, gruppe m, mugen, top secret, championship white, watanabe and so on.

Not fucking Naruto and initial d. Initial d exists because of jdm culture. Not the other way around.

I fucking hate this place....you guys are in your own little world of denial. You are the same ones who think a d16 civic dx is a fucking race car.

I live in spain, this thing is worse than a illness.
I have seen a Renault Clio, a Renault Coupe (the ugly from the late 90s) and a Alfa Romeo 147 use jdm stickers and stickerbombing.
The girl who owns the Clio (the 4 door ugly one from 1999) has jdm in her instagram bio, claims she loves japanese cars, and when I asked her, he doubt if Toyota was or not japanese. Her favourite car is the Nisan GT-R.
Same goes for the other fucking rednecks, they dont know how to difference a s13 for an s14, when I bought the Mx-5 I actually own the Alfa Romeo guy asked me if it was rotary, he asked this for real.
JDM fashion hitted too hard in Spain, you would get surprised at how people get excited as a puppy when they see a GT-R or an Evo or STi.
I cringe everytime I meet those people, it makes me sick.

You should come to Spain, JDM concept here doesnt have anything to do with Initial D, its just a trend as the tuning (pic related) was back in early's 00s, the JDM and the Racing concept are just trends that for me are the carcass of the early 00s FnF influence.

The only initial D i watched is the one filmed with a bunch of asian dudes and a japanese chick

It doesn't there/here either. He's just a weebo living in an anime fantasy world.

Car "culture" is cancer. Some are just worse than others.

Nope. Wrong.

In spain the jdm ''culture'' has nothing to do with anime. People just use the term and ''looks'' because they think it looks cool.
They are rednecks.

because i got a 80,000km near new condition car for $4000, im quite fine not paying $30k for a LHD turbo MKIV Supra or $12k for a rusted out SR20 240sx when i can get RHD counterparts in better shape for half the price