Heroes of the Storm General - /Hotsg/

New Guy Edition

>What's new?

us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/machines-of-war/

>Starcraft maps, Alarak and Zarya:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUZBAOmzBh8
youtube.com/watch?v=uAXqZIBeS40
youtube.com/watch?v=dhhaPVdG7fQ

>Where do I find you panda-loving faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Do you have a discord?
discord.gg/0u3cyKnzMnnU2wjN

>What hero should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see what types you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Links nobody visits anyway
Official Site: us.battle.net/heroes/en
General News: heroesnexus.com
Tips & Tricks: heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
Hero Rankings and Statistics: hotslogs.com/Default
Talent Calculator: heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/the-butcher#gOyW
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/the-butcher#gOzw
youtube.com/watch?v=CQeYx5JIqZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR I WANNA DO LI LI IN THE BUTT

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

You actually fixed the Machines of War embeds, nice.

I've said this before, but as the user who originally made these comments, you're doing a good deed, user. God-speed.

Our threads last so long so the least we can do is make proper OPs desu senpai.

Any plans for a full terran team when machines of war finally drops?

You're doing God's work, user.

>Nova
>Raynor
>Tychus
>Hammer
>Lt. Morales
>tfw no Terran tank

Dragon Milf when?

Which terran character/unit would be best suited to being a tank?

Hammer is a tank.

Firebat. Hellbat's a shit.

Firebat or Maurauder

Fitting.

Okay, /hotsg/ I got nuffin' to do so I though might make some OP images with our old logo.
Anybody got any images to post they want a nice /hotsg/ logo on it so we might later use it as n OP?

What do you mean? Do you want "Heroes of the storm" in a different text/colours etc?

For starters, images of the next herp we'll be getting. OP's image for example.

Nah, I will poorly paste the /hotsg/ logo into other images so we have a variety of those and can use them as OP images if people feel like.
Kinda like the Old Kel never ever OP.

I vote for an "Alarak SOON" one.

If you're up for it, put the logo within the Terrazine, where the open hand is. So like the fingers are around the logo.

>not diablocucks forever mad about warcraft Edition

Will do that. Just need a moment to do something else.

It's still a while until based Samuro though. Now it's the time of the Starcraftbros.

>Raynor
>Hammer
>Lt. Morales
>Tychus
>Spacemarine Rexxar

>post yfw they reveal three upcoming Diablo heroes at Blizzcon
>Maghda, Malthael and male Barbarian

They better reveal Maiev at Blizzcon.

Maybe next year.

We need more sardonic ones.The other generals have so many that make their game seem like utter shit.

StarCraft is also good Craft.

I would like Malthael actually. people know him (he's on the packaging) and he's an edgy death angel, that can only result in a good but memey kit.

>in a good but memey kit
He's probably also going to have the funniest quotes. The edgemasters are usually the funniest characters in HotS.

I don't know man. She would've made sense as a pre-Legion promotion along with Varian but that ship has sailed.
Also Zeratul basically stole her kit except for her heroic. They'd have to come up with something completely new for her. I don't know if they consider her more important than other WoW heroes desu. For example something like Ragnaros with a complete meme kit would create more hype than her.
But we'll have to wait and see.

Where is a good place to get builds besides jewlogs?

Actually playing the game and figuring it out yourself.

Playing the game
Asking on /hotsg/

icy-veins

>going on shit-veins ever

the only way to get worse builds than on that site is to ask a bronzie for advice

ALL SHALL SUFFER

>tfw Spook Duke sucks these days
>he will never be as good as on release

thank you for your input, bronze

>lili

Haven't been here in a while and i just want to say that i'm on suicide watch.
They promised to at least talk about fenix on august 2015 (wich translates into gamescon) and NOTHING.
Don't get me wrong i really enjoyed XxAlarakxX but a deal is a fucking deal blizzard. Forever mad.

this is an icy veins example of a butcher build(s). im sure youve tried them before, because in bronze you might actually get a kill or two with these.

I tried. ;_;

continuing, this is a diablo build. my bronze mind cannot possibly grasp why this grandmaster tier build would be good, but such is life for a bronze, am i right?

Looks good, user. Try putting the icon a little higher and maybe larger.

t. silver

I mean, the build makes sense, why take soulstone passives when the build is clearly going for maximum damage and you are most likely going to do die anyway.

But lol, who goes damage on damage, your firewaves are strong enough already.

What's the date on these build anyway?

>What's the date on these build anyway?
who cares, hotslogs is where its at anyway to check builds, besides 1-2 talents, all builds are pretty much the same all the time.

I like to see a hero with actual different talent tress for different maps/compilations.

>butcher
>survivability
lol

you just fucking go ham as butcher. there's no surviving unless you jump in near the end of the fight.

sell hots to me: Why should I play this game over dota, lol or smite?

the other user already posted im bronze tho, i wish i was silver

id still rather never go for block as diablo isnt supposed to be taking free damage, id get the reduced number of souls req for rez, or literally anything else

also
>lightning breath
>ever, in any comp, under any circumstances

the tooltips are current but the builds are probably not updated, yet people keep using them. its pretty ridiculous

to play some blizzard heroes you liked back in the day

I also like the variety of maps but w/e

Some heroes already are, user. Abathur being one. Many heroes have dynamic talent choices.

>dota
Less Russians, more maps, more casual
>lol
Less idiots in general, more maps, more casual
>smite
No idea I like both desu

>I like to see a hero with actual different talent tress for different maps/compilations.

that's li ming. i think she probably has the healthiest talent tree out of all the heroes

I give you Aba, mainly because I dont play him so I have no clue, I can also see laser Az working.

>ever, in any comp, under any circumstances
You should give it more credit, its does quite a good amount of damage, completly besides Diablos point but yeah.

Version 2

Glad you mention it. Laser Azmo is LEGIT as fuck.

Speaking of legit. Thanks, user.

t. Alarakfag

>Laser Azmo is LEGIT as fuck.
How do you make it work? Stopping his channel is so easy and then it takes so god damn long to use it again.

breath roots you, its slow to aim, and it does really mediocre damage. with apoc you are 99% guaranteed to land a stunlock of 3 to 4 seconds on any enemy hero you pick, if you RQE. i'd really never pick it desu

It depends on the enemy and what-not, as usual. For example, it's godly against heroes like Illidan. They dive you and you just laser. That's it. They can not beat you 1v1. Laser does great damage against heroes and structures. Don't forget, it deals bonus damage to structures.

dampen magic? what's that?

You can try the feint/ruse cruise, basically you have like a split second of azmo doing the channel animation, itchy fag will bust their cc for nothing and their all yours

>and it does really mediocre damage
It deals more damage than Disintigrate, even tickwise.

Beautiful

i know, but i use disintegrate to finish someone whos low and out of range for Q and W, or in a QWR combo, as a finisher as well. breath has a much lower range, and its a choice between straight line damage and a stunlock.

I am pretty sure I built that exact top build in QM games before. It is just a two talent difference from the hotdogs build and the spelshield helps against comps you'd otherwise be fucked on.

Regen master is fun and cute!

Where the FUCK is Roshan????

>before

yea me too, when my mmr was around 1700. without a full harmstring build in any non-bronze mmr people will just kite you when you're soloing,or burst you when you dive in during a teamfight. if you build around harmstring you basically have a poke without even going in melee.

also, furnace blast? in both builds? nah

Li Li is not for lewd

Stahp or Chen will steal your motherfucker birthday.

Sort of like so? heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/the-butcher#gOyW

Is it any good (not-shit)? I've got Butcher to 5-6 and he just blows ass 99% of the time.

>picking The Bronzer
wew

>only ETC and Lunara left for the 500G reward this rotation

Oh god the pain ...

I mean, my MMR isn't exactly good. It is like 2223 and that's probably inflated due to the like, 8 game winning streak I had over the last two days.

But I don't think it is that bad a build. Especially given that at Master HL hotdogs, they only ever take one hamstring talent. Maybe two. I should stop taking Furnance Blast. I only take it because I am lazy and it is fun.

>two good heroes left
aw no poor thing

You have people left?

And extremely painful to level in solo

You're left hand comes off?

heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/the-butcher#gOzw

this is what i usually run, although it can change depending on the circumstance.

for example, abattoir on 7 is good too if you are gonna keep dying a lot

on 13 i take either move speed on W, to keep up with someone im chasing, or straight up to escape. you put W on someone and just hightail the fuck out of there. spellshield if spellshield is required.

on 16 i take the non fading harmstring mostly. i really wish this one would be baseline, it realy helps a lot. i used to take attack speed increase, but it only really works if youre like attacking a tank or a bruiser thats willing to duel you and stand in place. which is a bad thing since youll get blown up if you just front like that. butcher is supposed to engage kinda like kerrigan, from the bush or from the side, on a squishy, and blow them up quickly.

20 is a split between bolt and lamb upgrade if there are tight spots where the enemy is grouped up, or as a combo.

im going to make an argument here about low pickrate heroes. i wouldnt stick to the builds suggested on hotslogs, id much rather listen to someone who plays a character frequently.

DotA is a lot more intense and serious than HotS.

LoL is a shit game with great characters and artistic design, but not redeeming enough when compared to the actual game and playerbase.

I play both HotS and Smite because they're different and fun.

The reason I like Victuals and Abattoir is because if the fight takes place in a lane like in Spiders or near a lane like Sky Temple, you can heal a load just by being present as minions are usually dying left and right.

As for hotdogs and low pickrate, yeah, I have been thinking about that. After all, the carousel doesn't even show up for Masters HL when I look up on meme heroes.

I dunno though. I can't help but get the impression this is the same sort of philosophy that leads people to take robogoblin, the games where you do well, you do so well that it seems justified.

How is Fafnir?

People said he was shit because the pros said he was shit. Then the pros found out he wasn't shit and was quite strong and now he is one of the best supports in the game. He is also pretty fun to play.

>hotslogs is where its at anyway to check builds

what if I refuse to whitelist his malicious ads?

Nice I stopped shortly before the released. Guess I'm gonna give him a try now.

add this to your filters to bypass his jewwy anti-adblock wall

>@@||d3pkae9owd2lcf.cloudfront.net/mb105.gz.js

>.js
I forgot ads used such outdated software. Is there actually anything decent that uses Java nowadays?

js is javascript and yes pretty much everything on the web uses it

greentext messed it up. add this line:

@@||d3pkae9owd2lcf.cloudfront.net/mb105.gz.js

They made a paladin skin for him too, it's pretty neat. He's one of the best character releases this year. Izanami seems to be pretty good too, though less interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=CQeYx5JIqZQ

Okay I've lost interest in java and javascript now that you've posted cute asians tbqh.