I was offered this Thunderbird for ~$100 today. 80k on the odometer, right window is gone...

I was offered this Thunderbird for ~$100 today. 80k on the odometer, right window is gone. No serious internal weather damage from what I noticed, should I buy it?

Also it's the 3.8 n/a v6, not too quick. And auto.

As someone who's just getting into cars, been lurking the board for a couple of months now, would I be dumb to buy this?

Hell I'd buy it for 100 bucks and resell for at least 500.

Swap an ecoboost engine into it.

i remember this car is gta san andreas

>should I buy this $100 car

SCRAP VALUE is higher than that. If you don't buy it right now you're the highest order of retard.

$100? Can't really go wrong. If anything you could scrap it for $150-$200 and make a profit.

That's true. I was hoping to get my hands on a cheap project car. I was thinking about swapping the tranny. I've been DDing a manual for about 4 years, was hoping for something fast since all I drive are econoboxes. Would it be worth putting any work into this, or would scrap be my best bet? I'm not hurting for money right now, I'd rather someone else buy it than for me to make a few hundos

its stolen

It's $100.

If you even consider spending $100 to be a big financial decision you're either 12 or a NEET poorfag. Either way kys

I'm more concerned over whether this car would be fun to work on / drive for a first project car. I don't have anywhere to put it right now until my lease expires, go fuck yourself brev

This question is like saying, guys guys guys should I eat at this moderately priced restaurant with my gf? I need answers Veeky Forums?/!!!

It's not really going to be fast or a good project car, but for $100 you can't really take a loss on it, can you?

Get the VIN number and check with the police first.

Yeah at least it looks fast. If anything I can just rice it up and throw an ///m badge on it, call it a day.

What happened to that cringelord that was obsessed with the Lincoln Mark viii and calling it a quadcammer and inventing a cobra badge with a Lincoln logo on it?

Please don't turn into that guy with this thunderbird

not the guy you responded to, but let me act like i am.

THEN NO YOU FUCKING RETARD JUST FLIP IT FOR CASH

what's wrong with the window? broken, or did it fall down?

these thunderbirds have issues with the glass separating from the tracks, and the window gear stripping.

both easy fixes.

>$100
>right window is gone
>no serious internal weather damage

the right window was obviously broken recently, and since its only a hundred bucks, it's probably stolen. take it to the cops and if it's legit, buy it and keep it or scrap it

Nice impression mate, coulda fooled me

Buy it and LeMons it, dude.

If they think the car is too nice, they'll add on lap penalties.

The only fun thing you could really do is find a junked turbobird and swap the engines

I don't know how interchangeable things are between the Fox and MN12 T-birds, but I would assume wiring would be a nightmare. The actual swap should be pretty straightforward considering both fox and mn12 'birds got the same 3.8L.

It's impossible to make a bad purchase for 100

dont you all forget registration. new plates are like $80 + any city stickers, and then sales tax. which on $100 is like $5, but still. shit is gonna add up.
oh and insurance.

need to have all that to make the car legal to drive home and not get arrested. so flipping it for $300 is just gonna break even.
anyway, buy it, fix the glass, sell it for what its worth. I would say at least $1,500. or keep it.