[ D a i l y B a i k u T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B a i k u T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

No memebikes or ausfags allowed edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TSAgiuq6_O0&feature=youtu.be
fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/5623193729.html
cyclebarn.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1557526&p=1&make=suzuki&s=Year&d=D&t=new&model=sfv650&fr=xNewInventory
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honda isn't bad

agreed. honda makes pretty good bikes.

Here's your (You).

Love, Australia.

Still no 'Busa.

ahhh.. feels

i had a keyboard like that in the 90s

For the user obsessed with smiling ninjas:
I put my exhaust on tonight and did a comparison video you asked about
youtube.com/watch?v=TSAgiuq6_O0&feature=youtu.be

Supermoto or s1krr?

depends on the supermoto

Husqvarna 701

I feel like you can have more fun and do cheeky shenanigans with a sumo. I really want one, especially after watching youtube videos.

Don't you have a water fountain to climb?

>he actually posted his address on Veeky Forums. The absolute madman.

if dubs i post my address too

Did you know that if you type your social security number on Veeky Forums it automatically censors it? Try it out.

XXX-XX-XXXX
Neat, right?

XXX-XX-XXXX

Lookin at a DRZ409 or a wr450

0123-45-6789

did it work

Oh shit it works, that's really cool.

XXX-XX-XXXX
wow cool

Dude that ones obviously fake, of course it isn't going to work.

XXX-XX-XXXX

i sure hope this works, i know you guys play a lot of mean tricks

check mail

The system knows it's fake retard. Soc sec #'s don't start with 4 digits.
Try again

Oh, forgot to mention that credit cards numbers also work

XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX exp XX/XX security code XXX
I hope you're right

Nice bike friend

I can't believe the XSR700 isn't coming to the US.

Hey /dbt/ I had a handlebar question. I have a stock 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and the stock handlebars, while comfortable, make me feel goofy as fuck when I do any sort of spirited riding.

I understand these handlebars are "protaper" where at the clamps they are 1 1/8 and then taper to 7/8 at the controls.

My questions, what kind of handlebars should I look for if I want a more aggressive, leaned over riding posture? My buddy recommended drag bars which sounds like a good option but I'm not sure if I need lower bars, more forward bars, or bars that sweep back more. I have about an inch and a half of room before the control hit the fuel tank so any recommendations would help a lot.

""""""Land of the free""""""

The fuck is spirited riding

Is the user who wants to import a CBR250RR still around? How's it going so far?

What's the difference between the RR and the R? Just bought a CBR250R last week.

RR is an inline 4. R is a thumper.

Where you're like tucked in a bit and hanging off the bike in the twisties

Check the videos for the RR and you will understand.

>tfw baiku still not running because I'm a lazy faggot and don't have anything to siphon fuel
Life is suffering.

Get a friend to give you a lift to a servo and take some petrol back?

You do have friends, right, user?

It entirely depends on your riding style and what you actually want.

Wider bars give more precise steering input but make inputs much easier due to more leverage. Thinner bars will give you quicker steering but less ease in steering.

rake on the bars allows you to fine tune the above. This is why most sport bikes tend to have a fairly aggressive rear rake.

As for height relating to riding posture, check cycle ergos and use the boxes to move bar position and you'll be able to see what posture X changes will put you into.

Honestly, you should probably get a different bike if you can't handle an FJ-09 in the twisties.

Also
>tucking on a naked bike
This literally only makes a real difference if you're almost capping the bike's speed. It's a naked bike as well. You shouldn't need to tuck in. A bit of lean-off mid corner will do the trick just fine. You should be able to scrape hard parts before you're even worrying about body positioning in the first place. If you think you need to tuck behind a nonexistant wind screen for better CoG on the twisties to go 80%, then I doubt you're at that point.

>You do have friends, right?
Yeah, but none with trucks. That's not the problem.

>Short circuit is somewhere in the harness under gas tank, I'm guessing where the power commander goes into the harness some knobhead didn't actually close off soldered connections, and they arced when I tried to run it off a battery charger because apparently there's not a rectifier on the damn thing
>If there's no shorts in the harness it's either the ECU or the Dash, if ECU I should get a code, if dash then we race gauges
>Fuel tank is 4.5 gallons, it's full, and I don't have anything to siphon fuel out of it
>really don't want to have to lift it up and try to balance it while I fight the quick connectors on the fuel rail and unplug the fuel pump

Just bought a CB500X to commute on- Its been a while since Ive ridden.

Before i migrated out here to Ca, i used to restore older UJMs on the east coast.

I missed it, but city riding is pretty daunting compared to country rolling hills.

This bike is great overall- it doesnt do anything spectacular, but it does a lot of things well!

>ducatis are fast user

Anyone here have any idea about soft bags and mounting a rotopax can on a dirtbike?
I have an old ass Yamaha it200, I was looking at wolfman/giant loops cheapest soft saddle bags and then I am gonna mount a 2 or 3 gallon rotopax on the back subframe above the fender.

Any input? I know some of you can help. Bike pic for reference

Cheap siphon at auto parts store, $5-$10. Or suck on a hose and deal with the taste and gravity drain.

Morning.

Yeah I read that on a bathroom wall.

>cheap siphon at auto parts store
Was gonna do that Thurs. as of right now I'm on hour 28 of my work week, and tomorrow is another 8 hour shift.

>suck on a hose
I would if I had any hoses that haven't already had oil/ATF/coolant leaked on them.

How much is this Chink bike actually worth?

I wanna say around $700.

fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/5623193729.html

It's not that I can't handle it, it's just that I feel like a fucking idiot doing so. I feel like I'm trying to superman my way through corners, it feels fucking stupid.

Like look at how wide that shit is! I just want to feel cool riding hard :(

Stop being a pansy. Are you afraid to bait your own hook too?

>I just want to feel cool
Go on a groupride with a bunch of newbikes who are on liter peters through the touge. Then you'll feel cool when you stop trying to be street rossi and focus on actually turning the bike.

>Being a pansy
Nah m8 I have my limits. Plus half my shit is buried in the garage since I recently moved, so it's all just a massive pain in the dick to go work on it.

Especially after all the work I've done. I'm just lazy as fuck right now.

I'm honestly heavily debating just throwing it at a shop and spending the money to have them fix it because I detest doing electrical shit.

What kinda faggot sucks on a hose to start a siphon?

>finally got baiku all put back together after crashing it back in April
>seemed fine taking it around the driveway
>still scared to ride it, especially on the freeway
I'm not scared so much because crashing made me gun shy, so much as because I'm the one who put the bike back together and I keep imagining that I did something wrong and the bike is going to kill me.

RR, aka MC22, is a proper sportbike. It's got a high-revving four cylinder engine, clipons and a dual disc front end.

2011+ CBR250R's are single cylinder "sport"-standard bikes with fairings. They've got an upright riding position, budget brakes, budget suspension and they use a retuned CRF250L engine iirc.

MC22's make 40-45hp depending on the year, whereas 2011+ CBR250's make 24-25hp at best.

What do you guys do when you go out for a ride on country roads and you catch up to another random biker also just riding around? Sneak up on them and kick them? Follow them? do a willy?

>do a willy
kill yourself

smell their anuse

>t. someone who can't willy

You have to take into account the early MC22s were badged as CBR250R, not necessarily the "RR" at the end. In Which case I think the differences are fairly trivial.

Just looking through local dealership/gear stores and found this gem

cyclebarn.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1557526&p=1&make=suzuki&s=Year&d=D&t=new&model=sfv650&fr=xNewInventory

I had a giggle

You know you can fix it now. Build up confidence by riding slow but with perfect lines. Then add gas.

Going for a ride with my pal's dad at the weekend /dbt/. I ride a 600, pic related, with anime stickers, and he rides a Monster 696. Will I be left behind?

On the straights or in the corners?

Straights, probably not. Corners? Anyone's guess.

>You know you can fix it now.
The fixing it part is what I'm worried about.

Since the biggest thing I had to fix was the forks, and I had to take them apart and put them back together with new parts, I keep imagining the front end failing catastrophically at 80mph.

Or gods forbid, the brakes not working properly.

>want more bikes so badly my hips are thrusting into the air

I think we'll be riding a good mix. I've been riding a lot longer, but for most of my riding career I've been on ancient British bikes with 6hp/litre.

So do some corners slow but hard. Cornering is much harder on the front suspension than cruising on a freeway and will show up anything you've missed out. Biggest danger with rebuilding forks imo is doing it wrong and having the oil leak down the stanchions onto the brakes.

>So do some corners slow but hard.

I do your mom slow but hard lmfao

fucking jackhammer
going for a ride just to escape that fucking noise

>Bike not running
>1989 FZR600
>replaced ignition coils
>new coils off 1994 FZR600
>charged battery
>stuck screwdriver in spark boot
>see spark hitting frame
>looks weak (?)
>maybe I'm stupid and inexperienced
>Bike cranks forever
>Has had hard starting issues for a while when really cold or after coming off highway run

>Maybe fuel-related?
>was not testing with airbox on
>fuel is at least a few weeks old
>Thinking about just giving it to my mechanic tomorrow
>$90/hr

Wat do /dbt/?
I haven't ridden in weeeeeks and I want to kill myself

>buying a carbed bike

your fault

:(

>1989
thats the problem m8

First of all take the plug out and ground it against the block, you'll get a better view of the spark. Then if the spark's weak, replace the plugs as a service item. If this doesn't cure it, see whether all plugs are weak. If so, this points to something other than plugs, check your earths. Are the coils known to be good? Are they the right spec for your bike or did they change the coils for the later model? Once you have the spark good, THEN worry about fuelling. I always approach running issues in this order: spark, then fuel, then compression. Make a logical order of checks and then work through it. You're gonna make it.

So when's WR Anton getting a new bike?

I already have one

What

Also is that horrible typesetting of the Suki Suzuki thing something you did

>horrible typesetting of the Suki Suzuki thing
what

see
Someone posted it in a Bakuon thread with a german filename, turning you into a culprit automatically

What happened to "Either A2 or new bike and I want A2"? You going to Euromeet now?

>suzuki fan
>literally retarded

I'm having my A2 test in pic related
the TT 600s is my A2 bike
I will SEM if I have my license and money then.

forgot to add
what Bakuon thread? On what board?
I haven't actually read it, only watched it, so it wasn't me.

>implying there are Bakuon threads outside of /a/

Congrats on the TT, I hope that KTM doesn't fall apart and catch fire during your test

i-it was about that I make the test in six days
the bike I'll be riding is a honda something something naked bike, i2 engine. didn't remember the name, wasn't a CB 500.

no it was definetlelele not me, I don't browse /a/

KTM a cute.

KTM a KTM

owned

That's mean.

Wrong one
Cleaned it up a bit.

Survived first commute on bike. No twisties or anything. Thanks to the magic of being as small as a bicyclist I was able to pass about 4 of them and shaved off about 10-15 minutes As I reached my workplace I parked on a beutiful patch of grass that the bike wanted to listen to so I did some impromptu weightlifting.

My question is, why did I get so sweaty? Was it the stress of picking up a bike solo for the first time? Was it the 5 minutes of walking up stairs in gear? Does /dbt/ get noticeably sweaty after a commute?

I've decided I'm going to buy one these as soon as I get that fucking 69 MG done and out of the garage. And if I keep my job, of which I'm fairly optimistic about.

Explorer bike a meme bike

Yamaha Xabre

150cc's but looks real big. Small bikes like this are popular here for the image

They're only memes for the meamers. They are real for the rest of us.

One of my forks has a bit of a leaky seal.

How critical is it that I unfuck that in a timely manner?

i usually let them get pretty bad
there's some products that can sometimes seal it for you