So I got a flat at work...

So I got a flat at work, I'm pretty solid on car knowledge but I've only got the standard in-car jack to do the change with cause I'm stuck at work. I'm used to scissor style jacks so quick dumbass question, the point I'm touching on the picture is gonna be the floor point right? I'm not getting crushed to death by a Honda Civic at work.

So like this, better pic.

Are you dumb OP?

if it was the other way you couldn't turn the handle. so yeah, you are right i think.

read the manual doofus. be sure you jack it up on the correct part of the side, near the wheel. you dont get under the car to change a tire.

I know that dude. I don't want it slipping off this retarded half-jack onto my fucking foot

why the fuck would your foot be under it either?

You've got the right idea but if it was me, I'd call AAA or some kind of roadside service where they have a real jack. I've used one of those like you have before and they're dodgy as fuck.

What is this retarded shit? Toyota jacks are so much better

It's called the widowmaker for a reason. I'd get a oem jack from a jap or American car. A scissor style one

I always carry a 12volt tire inflator in my trunk. If i have a slow leak, I can at least stop to re-inflate the tire every so often and limp closer to a tire service location to get the leak patched. I never use that tire gunk from the aerosol can. It coats everything inside and the rim too. All that ultra sticky mess has to be cleaned before mounting a new tire on the rim. And it stops a patch from being done until the gunk is cleaned out.

As it turns out, I got a slow leak one day due to a constuction site having workers that shoot nails into the road for fun. I reinflated my tire and limped over to Les Schwab which does free patches in hopes that you will return their goodwill and buy tires and services from them. They gave me zero upselling so that was good too. Free drinks and popcorn in their lobby.

oh, man

my audi had one of those jacks, they're called widowmakers for a reason.

they're fucking terrifying to use, second pic is how you're supposed to use it.

i'd recommend you ask someone to lend you one of their car's jacks,

>I don't want it slipping off this retarded half-jack onto my fucking foot

As a reminder for those somewhat unfamiliar with jacks, any jack that has a tiny footprint on the ground is grouped into the unwholesome class of jacks know as "Widowmakers". When a jack has a tiny footprint, that means any type of sideways pressure on the car body can make the body rock back and forth with the jack as a pivot point. If the sideways force combined with any rocking motion is big enough, the car pivots off the jack and falls back down.

Now, you say big deal, I was not under the car doing anything. Well, you are changing a tire and at that moment the car falls down and the pressure on the tool might flip it into your face? Or the sudden pressure causes some threads to be bent. Or you are on the last nut and that bolt decides to twist a little with partial shear off.

If using a widowmaker, to reduce the chance of strong force on just the last bolt, you should untighten all the nuts before taking even the first one off. Once they are all loosened, then you can take them off and there won't be a lot of sideways motion on the last nut with all the other nuts previously removed.

Having a 12V tire inflator can be helpful even if you have a spare. After all, if you don't monitor the tire pressure of the spare every two months, it might have too low a pressure to be usable. If you have an inflator, you can at least pump the spare back up to the recommended pressure on its sidewall.

borrow someone elses jack, then go to a junkyard and get a fucking normal scissor jack that wont kill your ass

Why is your camera so fucking grainy??

throw that piece of shit away, i had a fucked tire in my ford focus mk1 recently, when changing the wheel it fucking broke

>jacks know as "Widowmakers". When a jack has a tiny footprint, that means any type of sideways pressure on the car body can make the body rock back and forth with the jack as a pivot point
>mfw my fat fucking friend sat in the boot of my car to smoke while I had the wheel off.
I fucking exploded.

Just buy one of the $25 hydraulic floor jacks from walmart. They have their own carrying case so it's easily portable. I carry it in my car, no way in hell I'm using a shitty scissor jack.

To be honest I'd rather trust a widowmaker than a $25 jack.

What the fuck is that, Russian design?

Don't even try. Last time I tried to use one of those, it nearly broke my ankle when it shot out from under the car.
Ask a co-worker to borrow a scissor jack, then get your own off amazon.
> b-but it won't fit
Yes it will. Open it a bit and wedge it around the centre of the wheel securing rod, then fiddle with it until the spare sits nearly on top.

How often do you plan on getting a flat to justify dragging that around constantly? Scissor jacks work well enough to swap a wheel.

The one that nearly took my ankle out had GM branding all over it.

>Don't even try. Last time I tried to use one of those, it nearly broke my ankle when it shot out from under the car.
>mfw my fat fucking friend sat in the boot of my car to smoke while I had the wheel off.
I fucking exploded.