/scg/edg/ Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, and General Space General Number 28

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI
>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/edit#gid=1226618314

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao
youtube.com/watch?v=SEIT-Dt3Bpo
youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w
edshipyard.com/#/L=705,5Dd5Dd5Dd5Rs5Rs0Wg01Q3we0_g,2-BGAA7_72B6AA8I,7UI7jw7jw16y16y0M205U05U4xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>New thread New discussion
What ship wreck are you most interested in finding out in the black?

Well.. Cargo ones, obviously. See what was looted.

You arrive at the beacon you were given, the coordinates of an unlicensed, unsanctioned club way in the ass end of nowhere. "Off the Rocks", it's called, and floats precariously above the local asteroid belt. Looking at it, you see that it's two Caterpillars docked together, with a few extra open airlock docks for arrivals.

Upon entering, you are relieved of your weapons by two extremely scruffy looking guards. They are sporting heavy armor and what looks to be an energy shotgun.

Way out here, this far outside of UEE patrolled space, is the hottest illicit club in the 'verse. You can find drugs, whores (human, alien, sexbot, your choice), drinks that have been banned in 18 systems and all manners of socialization.

What music to you expect to hear playing over the soundsystem? Lets get some links to build the playlist!

Still looking to build the playlist and figure out the theme/feel of the place

The Starfarer wreck in the 3.0 demo was pretty cool. I can't really decide. Large industrial and capital ship wrecks should be awesome in general, if the catastrophic damage R&D they showed for the Idris is any indictation.

> What ship wreck are you most interested in finding out in the black?

Just found this one, looks pretty safe. The crew and I are gonna dock and check it out, hope we find some good salvage!

Have you fed your friendly space moth today?

Oh shit yeah dude, look at that sprawl. Better hook up it's Databanks and transfer everything to our ship, just in case.

>What music to you expect to hear playing over the soundsystem? Lets get some links to build the playlist!

youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao

The obvious first answer

best

After a prolonged military campaign, the Vanduul manage to open a gateway between Vega and Sol. A battle ensued, and many sacrifices were made by both the military and civilians to protect the homeworld. Finally, the Vanduul were driven off, many clanships were lost and their ability to wage war crippled, but not before they managed to sack Earth, killing millions and destroying much of the homeworld's infrastructure.
As the dust began to settle Terran separatists used this opportunity to seize control of the planet's government and declare independence from Earth and the UEE, and many Senators and Governors of planets, mostly in the "Eastern" potion of the Empire declared their support for the new Terran government. The UEE, with its fleets severely damaged and depleted after the Battle of Sol, was unable to respond with force as it might have in the past and began to rely on private military companies to attempt to keep order, or to at least prevent the new Terran government from enforcing their terms by threatening Earth.

Who do you side with?

How wild are you going to go with your facial customization?

bengle

What do spess moths eat?

youtube.com/watch?v=SEIT-Dt3Bpo

w r o n g

I want the Vanduul cock.

what do you think a vanduul vagina looks like?

Where can I outfit my Quad missile ROM to my Aurora MR? I need to have something to suck less in Arena Commander to try the other ships, but I can't find where I can equip it.

my dust as I fly the fuck away from that thing

Lemon Cupcakes.

The Xi'an.

Neither.

You simply sell supplies and weapons to both sides as you see fit, let them fight each other, and then support whoever ends up on top when the war is over.

I haven't seen any way to swap Missile ROMs, just the missiles themselves. Can't even change engines on ships at the moment.

probably scaley and full of barbs

IXM was robbed.

They were all robbed. Redeemer was the worst and most fan hated of the lot... it only won because the guy who designed it is friends with Chris Roberts

The missile rack mounts to a hardpoint on top of the cockpit, just in front of the intake.

Might be hard to actually see the hardpoint in the hangar to select it though. Maybe try from inside the cockpit or the bed.

Also

> MR

Get an LN and never look back my friend

>Racial Homeworld sacked and devastated by ayy'lmao
>Instead of shoring up and solidifying as a race.
>HEY GUYS, LETS STAGE A COUP AND SECEDE!
>Humanity is in worse shape
Worse than sub-human scum confirmed.

Where were you when HG got BTFO?
They deserve it. They're actually worse than fucking Squad.

>use REC to buy some M4A and M3A guns to throw on my hornet
>the wing guns literally shoot backwards while pointing sideways
>literally useless, can't shoot at anything in my target pip
>the 2 nose guns shoot upward and forward
>the 2 turret guns shoot downward and forward
>they roughly zero in at 20ft in front of my cockpit

And the FPS module was cancelled because CIG felt that the nice-looking PAX footage wasn't good enough to release to the backers, and yet the Arena Commander crap I just experienced has been 'good enough' for backers for years now.

It's all because they can't work out why the ironsights and other weapon attachments won't attach to the right gun. The sniper rifle scope attaches to your Assault rifle when holstered, but doesn't even render when used.

I actually felt sorry for them...before I saw how many lies they told to their fans. Fuck 'em, they deserve to go under.

Don't even remember ever owning a drop ship or half these screenshots

now i wish i did get it so i could be part of the refunded statistic

Alright, I'm curious SC and ED fags.

Mouse and Keyboard?
Flightstick?
HOTAS?
HOSAS?

$60 pending on my steam wallet, feels good man

>ED

M+KB
>SC
Stick + keyboard, maybe HOTAS

>black desert
wild

HOSAM. Flightstick with headlook on the mouse.
Gonna grab the new Thrustmaster HOTAS whenit comes out though.

so i went from an FDL to a Gunship and i instantly regret it

the shields go down instantly and i cant ever not be in front of my enemy no matter how hard i flight assist off.

seriously who was the person that told me this was worth it?

I ended up with a leftover Starfarer as a result of melting/upgrading other stuff. I have another one that I intend to keep. I don't want to melt it because it has a CCU value of $300 despite having cost $195, but I also don't want to drop any more on upgrading it to one of the $350 tier ships. Wat do?

HOTAS+TrackIR for ED
didnt even bother mapping the stick for SC since ive heard that Chris removed headtracking

Ahhh. Ahhhhhhh! Goddammit!

Guys, i'm hyped again for Star Citizen. How does this always happen? Just when I get off the hype train and try to be realistic they go to a con or something and release crazy new content. If Chris delivers on even half of his promises it's going to be amazing.

Welp. Back on the hype train I guess.

Gib me? Please?

I always wanted a Starfarer.

I use hands on throttle and mouse

Can you feel it CMDR Krabs?

If it was giftable I'd have sold it off already.

Sure. Go on. Play a little and realize how shit it is now. Then keep trying to play to earn a few hundred aUEC because fuck, why not.

You could always keep it until release and sell it in-game for a high price to someone for in-game space bucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w

That's one hell of a slumber party.
What time is the event?

35k fuckin REC for this shit? That would take forever to earn, averaging 1600 from an 18 wave vanduul swarm

steel battalion controller and custom binds

does having more mass in your ship effect the shield strength?

IE, if i load up on a fuck ton of hull reinforcements do i lower my shields doing so?

That... would actually be pretty fucking rad.

You gotta build it into a cockpit though

Holy fuck I want it

>TFW come back ED after 6 months, have 22 mil in the bank, a decked out vulture, an asp and a type 9.

What the fuck was I thinking?

I'm going to upgrade to a python. rate my build for HazRez combat.

edshipyard.com/#/L=705,5Dd5Dd5Dd5Rs5Rs0Wg01Q3we0_g,2-BGAA7_72B6AA8I,7UI7jw7jw16y16y0M205U05U4xo

other ED players have done this

1000% jelly right now.

Holy shit, I'd love that, but I could never justify buying the game. Didn't it come with foot pedals too?

speaking of REC... I rented the Sabre and its available in Arena Commander... am I not able to use it in Crusader? Does REC stuff only work for AC?

I take it you use the left stick for strafing and up/down. Wouldn't you be better off assigning that to a hat on the throttle?

>Didn't it come with foot pedals too?
yeah it did

Reasonable. I think I'll melt it at some point and get a cheap fighter or two though. I miss my Delta and the Buccaneer looks like it might be fun.

No only hull mass affects shield strength. Total mass affects speed, agility, acceleration and jump range.

Obligatory.

Not that user but I guess more control with a full stick for thrusters.

they are talking about some dude appearing at 10am in Cali system, then some other two dudes in some analrack at around 9pm i think

I thought I was the only one here who liked that ship. I never played Halo so it doesn't look like a rip off of anything instinctively to me, just a cool looking ship.

Ugh I'm broke

I want to CCU my Archimedes into an MPUV Cargo but I don't have five goddamn dollars uughghghgh

seriously fuck whoever said the gunship was even remotely good.

i just died 1v1 on an anaconda, i used to be able to 2v1 these things without loosing shields

Where can I grind fed rep?

Okay third night in a row dicking around on 2.5, I feel like I have done basically everything now. The game is still bretty good, but obviously with a shorter shelf life in its current state. I didn't do all of the probe waifu quests because I got a bug where voices stopped playing so I just gave up.

How do you unlock the Korea Carebear job?

finally

i was able to allow my corvette to inseminate a worthy mate

How´s SC 2.5? Is this the time to pick up the game?
I´m thinking about getting it after the dissapointment that was NMS and getting bored with Elite. Also, how long until 3.0 and cool planetary landings?

just keep doing uplinks and killing pirates and you'll get it eventually

how much money do you have and what rank are you at now ?

3.0 would be the time to get the game, if you don't already have it. one of the biggest things that are missing just from a basic gameplay stand point is cargo, which 3.0 should be adding in.

>Stop using the most OP ship in the game
>Oh shit, I died

Well, it's been great except for the crashes. I was really enjoying the PI mission until it just randomly CTD'd.

about 25m and I nave no rank with them yet

Right, I figured it was the comm arrays and not probe waifu that triggered it last time. Not that I actually need money for anything.

Did they reset aUEC for 2.5?

Could you tell me how much there is to do gameplay wise and if you expect the games price to increase once 3.0 drops?

yup

FDL or Python?

Playing every day since 2.5 came out I've only had 2 crashes so far, but quite a few bugs.

That depends, do you suck dicks?

The bugs have been worse than crashes. I've had so many bugs that just leave me fucking stranded and unable to do anything, having to ALT+F4. I'd rather it just fucking crash and save me the step

right now we've got a bunch of missions for repair sensor arrays, one mission to get insurance evidence, and kill one guy for some money.

3.0 will add, at the very least one planet that you can land one and will have at least one more quest for you to do that's a little more involved than the other ones we have.

Other people will tell you it will add a lot more, but I can only say as to what was shown of it, which was exactly what I said.

I doubt the price will go up.

17 Draconis is your best bet

which of the two games is more populated?

can someone explain the crew system in star citizen?

SC
kb+m
steam controller

can it be killvette weebum tiem?

>reverse image search, wikipedia
>"Galko gets a tan from a tanning salon, leading to Otako making fun of her having dark nipples."

Well thanks for the recommendation user.

ATM you can do all the flying around and walking in and outside of spess ships even while they are flying, and do a few basic missions that tend to just be killing pirates and then leaving your ship, EVAing out to access a beacon and heading back in.

That's all the game has right now, not counting the added arcade battle and race modes but it is pretty fun to just dick around in. It's not a full game, but it's pretty damn compelling, you can spend a few evenings on it.

An update that is meant to come at the end of the year will add everything from the gamescom demo, including TRADING and going down to planets, two hugely important features, as well as a metric shittone of more stations to visit and even landing zones (right now you are stuck in spess and in spess stations)

To be fair its a BIT more complex than that in terms of doing stuff. The "Kill one guy" is another player, the most wanted player on the instance at the time.

Fixing the sensor arrays has an opposite in that outlaws have to go and destroy the sensor arrays. There's a bit of a back and forth there.

If you fix enough sensor arrays, you get a security guard job quest that you go to Security Post Kareah and try to defend a computer. Outlaws are then trying to get to the computer to hack it and reduce their outlaw status.

Sir No Sir!

I came here to shitpost and learn how to kill!

I mean for combat.
Is the huge hard point, lower cost and better sheilds worth the lost of the large hard points?

will have to make some first