/acg/ - Armored Core General: Why Hasn't Anybody Made a New One Yet? Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>You can go your own waaay

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Go your own way

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>You can call it another lonely day

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/tamdlv.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alright, another thread. Let's make sure this one doesn't 404.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a bit late and it's the weekend.

How many threads we lost this week? I was exam week so I wasnt able to bump

Also, Ahab I saw Aldnoah S1 with the idea of Slaine as the sole MC, it improved a little my image on him but no much, and I remember how stupid is Inaho's attractation on princess.

>giant extreme robots general dying
>armored core general dying
Wouldn't it be the best to consolidate both generals into one?

Maybe Fromsoft will do another good one after ds3 runs its course. And release on PC.

I wouldn't do that. The thread is almost always dominated by mechwarrior online discussion. And that isnt a bad thing, but one general would get lost in the disucssion of the other.

Still, it seems we don't have much of a choice. We'll have to see what happens.

bumb

new serie next season.

bump.

It's such a shame. We all have a love of giant stampeding machines of destruction.

Holy fucking shit. I'm playing AC2 Another Age now, and I've just finally beat that fucking mission where you have to fight 3 ravens at the same time. I died more than 50 times on this mission.

I underestimated the damage and usefulness of missiles man. Had to bunny hop and run away like a bitch all the time but I finally did it. Hardest mission in the series so far for me.

Really enjoying it so far though. I like it more than AC2.

Bump

too many my friend
too many

Earth government would like a word with you.

It involves a man with a spread bazooka and moonlight.

Bump.

That reminds me that I actually haven't used the spread bazooka yet. Is it good?

Bump

What's the most Fun™ Hardcore mode variation? I was considering trying it out. Not looking for hardest either.

Bump.

>You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

/agdg/fag here, can I shill my own game?

Bump.

Go ahead

I have being playing Hawken these past days, no much when it comes to customization, but decent for a mecha FPS.

Alrighty, my game:
u.pomf.is/tamdlv.webm

It's early in the dev-cycle so everything still looks like ass but the gameplay won't change too much.
Focus will be on PVE, the player will be dropped in an arena has to survive as long as possible. Depending on his performance the player will get an amount of credits. Upgrades will be in the game but unlike in Armored Core there will be only one type of mech with different armor-styles(similar to a standard RPG)

I want to have an Armored Core like experience but to keep people from going super-sonic all the time there will be following differences:
1. No lock-on, you have to position yourself and aim properly
2. Ground based combat, while jumping and gliding are in, maneuvering in mid air is very limited

How does it sound?
Would you guys play this?
Any Questions?

bump

Basically a mecha horde mode?

Yeah something like that, just without the multiplayer aspect.

Looks good but I wouldn't buy it unless it had some sort of duels with similar units to yours and possessing enough AI to pose a threat without absurd stats. If you were able to do that + have good enemy variety I'd gladly pay 20 bucks for it.

Needs some more variety in enemies, and I'd also give it an overarching story to give more locations and enemies and maybe even rivals. Otherwise looks good.

This general is still alive?
I'm impressed.

Yeah enemy variety is one of the bigger points on the list, right after weapons and armor parts.
However for now I have to polish what I have, in like 10 days is the big Demo Day on /agdg/ so I don't have time to make new enemies(can post a link here, if you guys are still interested/thread exists).

>Rival/other Mecha
That's kinda planned but programming AI is a lot harder than I thought, even the morons in the video took me dozens of hours. Can't guarantee that there will other Mechas that aren't just bullet sponges.

>Story
ehhh I won't lie that's not going to happen

How would you guys feel about Multiplayer? Would it greatly change your opinion of the game?
Like I said, I am still early in the dev-cycle so, after Demo Day I could recreate what I have as multiplayer game, though I wonder if it would be worth it.

Also. thanks for the feedback and letting me hijack your general

Bump

I think it would be more interesting as a multiplayer game personally. The controls seem good, and if it has good customization it could be a pretty fun game.

Horde mode isn't really interesting or satisfying unless the enemies have good AI, which is probably harder to do well than straight multiplayer, but there's no reason to not have both, I guess, but it definitely needs multi (especially versus, whether 1vs1 or more)

Bump

I met Denver once.
It was absolutely terrifying.

What about creating a "boss" mode. A co-op were a small team have to fight a gigant enemy with a small army, something like the armforts fights

bump

I agree completely with you but what makes me hesitant is the scope of the project. I am just one guy and multiplayer of any type requires lots of work, a singleplayer Last-Stand game is a lot easier compared to it, especially since I don't have to bother with server costs and whatnot.

That's a cool idea, kinda the reverse of the current mode(10 waves of enemies, then boss)

does anyone here play on 360 or nah?

Get in here, Nevan. You'll get a kick out of this.
Honor has a Miki emblem.

What about local multiplayer? Would that be feasible?

I'd like to, but I bought a PS4 and can't be bothered to pay for online twice.
Maybe I'll make some fake accounts and enjoy the 30 days of free online.

Even less, because almost no engine/library supports local multiplayer.

Hmm well, the thing is, I totally agree with you guys because I'd personally love to have multiplayer in my game but at the same time I hear a voice saying "KEEP THINGS IN SCOPE FAGGOT OR YOU'LL EAT SHIT".

So it's not like multiplayer isn't feasible, it's just that working my butt off to get multiplayer up and running and then having only like 10 people play the game would not only be a pretty soul crushing experience but also a giant waste of time. Guess everything depends on how popular this gets.

On an unrelated note: I am thinking of having only one primary weapon slot instead of two(R arm/L arm). Basically every weapon would be unique(the dual guns, the big rifle, the sword etc). I like the idea because it would allow me to make weapons more distinct but at the same time I can see why people who like to min-max would be pissed. Thoughts?

Armored Core is all about customization. Just putting giant robots in a game doesn't guarantee we'll like it unless it has the elements that we enjoy in AC.
That said I'll take a close look later, just a disclaimer

Gotta agree with B ranker. Something like an Arms Fight would be cool. Ooh, or better yet, make it so one person can control the arms fort. That would be badass. Maybe a king of the hill mode where one guy gets a super mech and everyone's gotta tear it from him.

I don't know much about programming but I'm pretty sure this is impossible for one person within 10 days. You're getting too excited for you own good penny

>tfw videogames finally happened
I love all you guys

Bump

pretty sure that was more of a general suggestion

Just beat Another Age now. I really liked it. Will check out the bonus area now.

it was a thought for later incase they like his demo.

Oh shit Nine-ball Seraph again? Fuck

Before 4th gen, primary and secondary weapons (right and left arm) were a thing, so it's not out of place. I feel it may be better to try and force the player to use 1 sustain weapon + 1 burst weapon in that case, dual rifles and machineguns are boring.

That being said, weapons that take both slots may end up being hard to balance, but who cares about balance in singleplayer games?

imo it's the exact opposite, weapons that take only 1 slot are harder to balance because you always have to consider that the player might equip two of them.

Does anybody here, by any change, have something like pic related but from other frames?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT GUYS I FINALLY DID I BEAT NINE BALL SERAPH IN ANOTHER AGE HOLY SHIT IT TOOK MORE THAN A FUCKING HOUR BUT I DID FUCK YESSSSDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSDDSSSDSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bump

Bump

Good work. It took me 3 years.

bump

Bump