What is the comfiest classic car I can drive for long distances with a budget of <$20k?

What is the comfiest classic car I can drive for long distances with a budget of

70s Cadillac for no compromise in maximum comfy. All their seats were couch tier and drive like boats.

That looks disgusting

The funny thing is. For the size and weight of those old Cadillacs, they're horrible in crashes. Crumple up like a can... or would it be more like a keg?

hope you like green

Most older cars are horrible in crashes.

Get hit in the front or back and you have to cross your fingers and hope the hood is long enough that you don't get enough of the shock to impale you on the steering wheel; get hit in the side and everyone in the cabin is fucking dead.

Old Rolls Royce, Jaguar... well maintained ones obviously. Left field choice, look for an ADO17, Wolsley Six / Morris & Austin 1800-2200. Would reccomend the Six of the lot though, mated to an auto 'box. Fluid suspension and loads of space.

Citroen DS/CX also springs to mind.

Find an early 90s landyacht, they're now approaching 25+ years old, which is the official starting point of something being a classic car.

Look for a Chevy Caprice or a Ford Crown Vic.

They're supposed to crumple in a crash, lol. The car is supposed to sacrifice itself to save you.

what he said. these are usually nigger-tier but comfort is unparalleled.

Mint Lexus LS. All the reliability you need to stay within budget, good amount of luxury and great heaps of comfy within.

Merc W126. Bonus points for long wheelbase, black color scheme, and AMG trim.

i could live in there

not when the entire car crumples into you

In Soviet Russia, zone crumples you.

If you're dead, you don't have to pay back your student loan.
And neither does your family - your debts are cleared after death.

>your debts are cleared after death.
Bull fucking shit. Not secured debts, like houses, cars etc.

>And neither does your family
lol

My nigga

Citreon cx

The estate version has a huge boot for sleeping in if you need to

TWO axles in the rear?! Holy cow

1968-1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass or 442.

Get one with AC too if you live down South and are planning long road trips. Also put Grandma 3:08 gears in the rear if you're going a lot of highway driving.

Only on the van and estate car versions

As far as comfort in a classic goes, pre '72 Lincolns and Cadillacs are pretty comfy.
The ford pickups from that time frame aren't half bad either...

Cadillacs, Lincolns, Imperials etc are comfy to sit in and the ride is soft.

But there are better cars to drive long distances in.
After a while, "harder" seats such as those in Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Bentley, and Mercedes, will actually be more comfortable because of better support.

And just as important as the seat, is the driving position.
The way your arm rests on the wheel, and how straight and relaxed your knees are are all important factors.

Thats why I would go for a Mercedes. W114, W123, W116, R107, C107.
Or something older like W110, W111, W108

That's marketing bullshit. "Harder" seats are only better than seats that are soft like putty, and even then it's only if they are actually ergonomical (and most new cars seats aren't even that).

The way the old school french cars, lancia and mercedes made seats is much better for long distances and short distances alike, essentially they had a thin firm layer supported by a really soft seat. Using cloth or the expensive kind of leather is also a big improvement over what most car manufacturers call leather nowadays.

Personal experience, I've driven a pre war citroen traction avant for 5 hours straight and came out at the end as new as when I entered the car at the start. 3 hours on a modern prius made my legs utterly numb.

>the country of no support
>at all

You you are planning of fast corners, it's best to have big sidebolsters to support you.