Is this a good car? Considering it. Is it fun?

Is this a good car? Considering it. Is it fun?

Ugly as sin.

Get a Miata instead.

Same as miata except with a shit Chrysler engine.

>29,000 usd
>160 hp

Wew lad

I'd expect a turbocharged I4 to make more than 160Hp. Even Fiesta ST's can make 200Hp.

mustangs turbo 4 makes 310 lol

Probably a good car. Built by Mazda, so it'll be reliable.
It'll be fun. It's basically a Miata with Italian design, and a turbo engine - which can be easily tuned to produce more power. Stock output can be a bit dissappointing however, and it's slightly heavier than the Miata. It'll also depreciate harder (because Fiat badge), and the styling is such that you'll either like the 124, or like the ND Miata. It's just polarising, and not many people like both.

>Arguing about aesthetics

Fiesta ST only makes 180hp though, out of a 1.6 turbo. Fiata makes 160 out of a 1.4. Besides, both respond ridiculously well to aftermarket parts and tuning.

get a miata. they have a new targa top one

Abarth 124 (1.4 T-Jet): 114hp/l
Euro-spec Abarth 124: 121 hp/l

Fiesta ST (1.6 Ecoboost): 112 hp/l
Focus ST (2.0 Ecoboost): 125 hp/l
Mustang (2.3 Ecoboost): 135 hp/l
Focus RS (2.3 Ecoboost): 153 hp/l
Wierd how Ford engines seem to get more and more efficient the bigger they get, despite having to deal with more internal friction and pumping losses.

To add to this: the Abarth 1.4 seems to be smack dab in the middle of Ford's designs, despite not using direct injection. Pretty well done.

Hardtop usually isn't a make-or-break deal for convertible shoppers though. It probably isn't for OP, I'd guess.

I don't want a miata guys i think this looks nicer i want this one

Just wait for the toyota sfr

The 1.4 FIRE is direct-injected, actually.

think of all the other fun & better performing cars you could get for 29 fucking thousand dollars

Yes, it's the car formula done right. Designed by Italians, built by Japanese. It's essentially an Italian Miata. It will be fun, it should be reliable, and memes

>implying a better miata isn't worth your money

what are you even implying he should get? the fiata has been awaited by car fags for years.

It's good, but that's a lot of money for a miata. I'd get a V6 Camaro for $30k

>160hp
Lmao you could get a mustang or camaro for that much. Or go the used route and get a c6.

>Is it fun?
If you have a 1/4 inch dick, sure.

and the mustang or camaro would weigh 1000lbs more

>put Chrysler engine in car
>it's not a Hemi V8
Why even?

that's all? How is the abrath so fucking heavy?

thats if you get the ecoboost

how can a car that looks so small be so pigfat?

LPG beats his dick to this car, he thinks about it when having sex

It's been out for 5 minutes and nobody on Veeky Forums can afford one anyway, how could we know?

0/10

-0/10

>thinks 2400lbs is fat for an my17 car
GUYS I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

Miata is lighter

FIX IT AGAIN TONY

The Abarth version will be the Mazdaspeed Miata everyone wanted but that Mazda is never going to build.

Damn right. Finally got to see/drive a regular one in person on Sunday.

Miata isn't turbocharged from the factory you double nigger. Name 3 cars lighter than the fiata that arnt fwd.

How was the non Abarth?

Shit

Kek, what makes you think the Abarth will be better? TARBO?

You're an idiot

Both are turbo you dumbfuck

You are*

Fake LPG FUCK OFF

came here to post this

natural aspiration is better than turbo.

No shit user, Jesus Christ you are so Fucking dense.

To me, it's an ND Miata where everything is a little bit better.

The 1.4 turbo has/adds (warning, opinions ahead) more character than the 2L engine in the Miata. It just feels like it wants to have more fun when you drive it. The exhaust note is far better. There is less body roll and the car just feels sharper.

Really though, the takeaways for me were that the chassis feels way more sorted out, and that the 1.4L turbo is the RIGHT engine for that platform. I went back and drove an ND Miata like.. 3 days before I went out to drive the 124, and driven back to back, the 124 is the car that is more fun off the showroom floor

Still conflicted about getting an Abarth new, because I know depreciation is going to fucking hit these things over the head...

Dude, don't get it new, just wait a couple of years

You know it's the right path

The right engine for the ND is the 1.5L

you're not one of those people who mods financed cars are you?

You should have driven the Club Miata.

>tfw when looks are objective

I know, I know, I know, I know...especially with an Abarth, if I can make myself wait a year or two, I'll basically be able to get one half price.

Doubtful. the 1.4L turbo felt perfect, and can easily be blow out ot well over 200hp on a modest budget, which I would absolutely end up doing

I have driven a club Miata, and I own a '95 NA Miata. I would still place the regular 124 as being a better car (for me). The ND Miata just doesn't do it for me. I think the front end is ugly as fuck (goddamn down syndrome headlights). The engine doesn't do anything for me, and if you step up to a grand touring to get the nicer luxury options, you lose the performance options as standard

The 124 as a whole package is way more appealing to me, and I look forward to driving an Abarth as soon as Alfa/Fiat in Cary fucking get one

What's wrong user, you afraid of a little tune?

Jesus you sad little cuck

Buy something good and you wouldn't have to

>miata
>aesthetic
lmao, hairdresser detected

Miata is better tho especially that rf hardtop targa version

What would you recommend?

>heavier
>better
Yeah nah.

dude epic

>What would you recommend?
killing yourself

To all the fags saying its exactly like a Miata, it's not quite. It's a few inches longer than the Miata (all in the engine compartment), the suspension tuning is more on the comfort side, and the power delivery of the engine is different (lowend grunt of the multiair, high-revving NA in the ND). From all the reviews, the Fiat adds a few more soft-touch elements in the interior for the same amount of money. Hell, even the manual transmissions are different (the Fiat uses the previous NC 6 speed thats a little heavier than the ND's).

Get. The. Miata.

You just lost

is that the new kia soul?

I think part of the reason why they seem to get more efficient is the cars are larger and have more room for cooling, or in the Focus RS's case, it dedicates more room to it along with simply being more aggressively tuned

Remember when everyone was talking so much shit about how the Fiat would make so much power over the ND like they knew how the car industry works.

>does make more power
>more responsive to a tune where as the nd is lmao0potential
kek

It doesn't make more power and to make more power you have speed about $6000 more.
>Hurr Durr muh tune...
No. Stop falling for the tune meme. People with turbos have been falling for it for 15 goddamn years.

29k usd = 25537.4 EUR

Fiat (!) 124 base model in Germany: 23990
Abarth 124 base model in Germany: 40k

40k EUR = 45423.57 usd

what exactly were you complaining about again?