/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

"If you want a thing done well, do it yourself"

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

FIRST FOR BEST WAIFU

My little edgy princess.

we dead?

But user, your waifu is an edgy slut that like to take other hunters' augurs from behind.

Back and ringing

Anyone need some quick co-op?

I certainly don't need co-op, but if you'd like, I could thunk down a root dungeon for us to spelunk. Your choice where we go even, I'm not picky.

Okay, got the second abyssal. Gonna get to the 3rd layer again, or we can switch, if you have a dungeon ready

What stats on the abyssal? Mine are all garbage. I don't have a chalice open right now, unless you want to farm FRC amy, which isn't fun co-op

First one is charge atk up and increases stamina cost, second one is add physical atk and atk vs kin down. They're not exactly the best, but are good enough for me

Fairly decent

Sorry man, maybe later, have less time than I thought I would now

So what's everybody doing?

Ringing

>got a shitty gem
>but a blood rock dropped
Fuck

Blood rocks aren't worth much compared to a good gem, I've gotten 3 from farming with you

Gonna eat then do SRRC co-op

Maybe go into NG+3 with my Hard Cap Character.

>be me
>pre-order bloodborne
>get it on day one
>put around 600 hours into it
>DLC comes out
>another 400 hours
>be 1,5 years latter
>PS4 poops out (very hot country, probably ventilation)
>go get it fixed
>2 months and 160$ latter
>get PS4 back
>another 100 hours in
>console swallows disk
>spits it out
>cracked and damaged (can't read
>WTF.jpeg
>put in another game (bro's COD, no idea which)
>runs fine
>put in all my other games
>all run fine
>go complain
>not covered by warranty
>end up buying another one and insuring it
>MFW

seriously, fml

>SRRC co-op
If you're doing it with randoms, you're braver than me. Pisses me off too much if the boss door's closed or they go in the bonus areas.

>picks up console
>take it to kitchen and put in microwave
>"ding"
>walk back to living room
>open the door
>get on the floor
>everyone walk the dinosaur
I'll see myself out

I honestly never mind, I know chalices can be boring as hell and it's usually just for some company, and we both profit from it. I do wish they'd wait or go back to a main area, though, when I get summoned in, I hate running around trying to find the beckoner and getting killed by a trap.

I don't mind taking it slow through the story, but chalice dungeons? No thanks, the faster the better.

Why do we only have FC's on Saturday. Wouldn't more people turn up if we had more of them in the week. I mean like there are a ton of PvE friends in here that should give a try so why not give more of an opportunity for them to do so.

Got the third abyssal. Now the only thing left is to kill FRC hotdog and AB and farm another 2 elders ;_;, but this is for another day. If you want, I can try to help you with FRC Amy, but I like to get slammed during her second phase

Third phase I mean, whe she tears her hands off

I don't think I've quite got the stamina for amy right now lol
If you decide to farm triangle or waning elder or hotdog, I'll give you a hand though

This comic always gets me, but one question I always have is why does she lose her pants?

Same with this, when is it ever mentioned that she has a puffy vulva in game?

You could always ask here if anyone wants to do Impromptu fights. Use to be somewhat common but now with the general being slower it isn't.

IIRC the artist colored the pants but with the image made brighter it looks like she isn't wearing any. The puffy vulva was a response to that.

Anybody in need of co-op?

I'd appreciate some help with AB in Lower Loran in a couple of minutes

FRC?

No, just the ordinary Lower Loran

Can do, set a pass and tell me when you're there

Ringing now, pass is bbg

Why don't you just wait for the PC port?

I will come too, friend

You snooze, you lose

Had to SRRC, fuck it, fuck it all

Thanks for the help, professor
Tune in for the Loran Dorkbeast

Lore question. Why is queen yharnam chained?

>Loran Dorkbeast
I'll let you take that one

She's been a baaaaad girl.

Christ

I'm ringing, take your time

Thanks comrades

Glad to help, sorry I was latw

Daily reminder

I wish I'd screencapped it, but an user in an /a/ thread that turned Bloodborne a couple weeks ago proposed that the Moon Presence was female and named Flora because the Doll said "Flora of the Dream" in her little prayer.

I always thought it meant the Lumenflowers

So how hard is it this game to do without PSN for summon help?
I feel like after Viscar everthing got super hard.

Provided you aren't braindead, the game isn't that tough going solo. Your first few tries fighting most bosses will end in your death, but that's just how these kinds of games work. You test the waters, see what's what, and figure out what to do from there.

I made it a point to run every Souls game solo my first time through. How can you really improve if you've got someone holding your hand the whole way through, right?

I solo'd the game and I never even completed DS2.

I did buy PSN for one optional boss, though

>Meet Pthulularu descendant for the first time
>Oh shit I think I heard someone say this boss was difficult
>Anus prepared
>Get cut up a tad
>Notice my attacks at least hurt him a lot
>Get in a lucky couple of parries, one of them I manage to viceral attack for a gorillion points of damage
>Shoot away his leftover sliver of life
>Feel like a fucking champ
>Realize that the person who said he was difficult was probably referring to one encountered later in the dungeons

Well at least I felt good for a few seconds, time to die 8 times to the fucking undead giant again because I'm the only person who can't handle those stupid things. No not the one that's actually difficult, the regular two blade ones.

Both Pthumerian Descendants are easy if you parry them to death. The later one in Pthumeru Ihyll is a bit more difficult but it's not that hard if you've been leveling normally. It's pretty hard if you stay at a low level like 43 for twinking, but you can say the same for several other bosses.

Was everything in the woods suppose to get harder? Seems like the health bloated up a bunch.

>doing random co-op to get insight to get one more blood rock before NG+3
>keep dying one hit away from killing bosses
>get no insight

JUST

Just invade. Ring your sinister bell in Middle Loft, you get insight way faster and now you don't have to worry about your host getting themselves killed.

Doll is so CUTE

>level 240 hardcap madman

I'm making random chalices and getting insight from bosses instead

Is there any way to get to Hypogean Gaol after Rom? My first time leading up to the snatcher enemy who takes you there, I didn't die to him. Later found out that dying to him takes you somewhere, but the snatcher enemies don't show up for me anymore.

p. sure you can get there from yarhagul eventually?

anyway finally killed BSB again; swear to god, it took like 2 tries on my very first character but ever since he's been my bane.

so now a question i really feel like i should have asked a while ago: does the pungent blood cocktail work on bosses, and if so, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Yes. In fact, that's the legit cheese strat for BSB. Throw a cocktail in the corner and he'll run for it and suck it down like a nice can of Chef Boyarde.

It works only on BSB, hotdog and Paarl iirc

it works on the fucking watchdog? are you SHITTING ME?

Only to some extent, it's not as effective as with BSB. I haven't tried it myself yet

>hotdog

Fuck off are you kidding me?

Is anyone farming any gems? I need Cold Abysalls, Nourishings and elementals of any flavour and I can't be bothered making my own dungeons.

Semi-related question: 30 STR, 70 ARC, what is best Wheel Setup?

You eventually go to the Gaol anyway after Rom, but you missed seeing the area at different timezones, an enemy layout (enemies completly change post-Bloodmoon) and spoopy music. No items or anything are missable.

Yeah they work on bosses, BSB and Dark Beasts. Not sure about anyone else.

tomb prospector olek officially less useful than bottle of stank-ass swamp blood.

BSB is cake once you realize you can just hug his butt the entire time and he'll never hit you

What's a good method for farming twin bloodstone shards? I know a number of monsters that drop them but only rarely or there's not a great way to take them out rapidly (snake balls, bag men, saw a wolf drop it exactly once). I want to make a ton of weapons into +6 and play around for a while with them before I start spending my VERY limited chunks to make +7 and up.

On that note what's a good place for chunks? I heard someone say chalice once but I have no idea which one they were talking about.

I'm not finished with my first game yet but so far he's been the boss I had the most trouble with.
I tried this several times and it didn't seem to be working. Is there a trick to getting his attention with it?

Well, after I went in and actually checked it myself it seems either that I was lied to or cocktails work in some specific way with hotdog. I 've thrown around 20 cocktails during different attacks and didn't notice any significant deviation from hotdog's behavior

Twin Shards is either kill the Bagmen in Yharhagul near the lamp. Or Alternativly from the forbidden woods lamp, run up the hill and kill the Hunch-Back beast man, he can drop them as well. Then you can just roll off the cliff to reset.

Chunks are a pain, you can get them from Gargoyeles at Cainhurst (these also drop Twin Shards often) but it's very rare. Werewolves in upper Cathederal ward is OK droprates. Depth 5 (and 4?) Chalice bosses drop them, so what you do is find a glyph with a super quick lever and an easy boss (Brainsucker or Watchers) and run the dungeon over and over. If you are looking for gems you'll naturally accumulate lots of chunks.

If you've reached Byrgonwerth and have the eye runs it helps.

why is bloodborne the best souls game? Is there any chance of FROM going back to the setting or at least making another game based less around blocking and more on dodges?

Nah m8

Why not

Every souls game was based more around dodges

I dunno ask them.

Poor choice of words on my part I mean the faster movement speed that BB is

Because Miyazaki, for one, doesn't like sequels, Bloodborne is a contained story and fine as it is, Dark Souls was a contractual obligation to make sequels which is why they drop in quality.

Secondly, Miyazaki also said it was somewhat outside of his comfort zone. He's a grimderp medieval fantasy guy and that seems to be what he likes doing. He tried horror, I guess it didn't gel that well with him, which sucks, because it's one of the best games I've ever played and one of the best pieces of Lovecraftian fiction of the modern day.

I don't think its as popular, at least to the normie crowd.

Dark souls has a kind of normie gamer street cred to it. Like everybody's heard its "holy shit the hardest game ever!" and folks might play it just because that (and because its not actually that hard get a small ego boost when they beat it) Just a few days ago I was talking to someone who was going on about dark souls and they've literally never heard of bloodborne (or demons souls, or kings field)

>kings field
Shit this is one I'm not familiar with.

This is gonna sound silly but I had an easier time with Demon's Souls and BB than DS.

What headgear goes well with the knights set (female)? It feels like it clashes with everything and the female knight wig is almost insultingly bad looking.

>Seath's sword
What?

I just leave it naked desu
Old hunters hat is nice to me but I doubt you would use

You could try the Foreigner Hood or Tomb Prospector Hood. Or the Doll hat.

Which one BB?

Style, mechanically, both?

>NG+
>beat Orphan of kos on my first try
>laurence takes atleast four tries

what is it about this fucker that makes him so damn hard?

HMLS

> he doesn't like the snitch hat

Have you tried Maria's hat?

He's basically Flamelurker crossbred with Cleric Beast

> seath's sword

user....

The sword was in Demon's Souls and Bloodborne as well. It has no real connection with Seathe outside of that game. It also appeared in Armoured Core and Kings Field. It's the FromSoft signature weapon.

> Looks:
BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS3>DaS2

> How it's included in the story
BB>DeS>DaS2>DaS1>DaS3

> Gameplay
BB>DeS>DaS1>DaS2>DaS3

I fucking forgot how fucking fun Beastmode was

>WAAUUUURRRGHAAAAH

No I think he's talking about Seath's sword, the sword literally above it in the picture

If I recall Seath is a god in kings field, same guy too if I'm correct