Do you have any old-timey pictures like this?

Do you have any old-timey pictures like this?

They're so comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_decade
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what a time to be alive

youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0

Royal st. and St. Ann in New Orleans....

Still looks the same, minus some new paint.

Nazi Germany was literally paradise on fucking earth. It's a shame the fuicking jews and anglos fucked it up. Literally the strongest economy, best citizen rights, best culture, best fucking everything. But no, as fucking usual, the eternal anglo and the kikes have to ruin everything for Europe and the white man.

Sure it was great for Germans in Germany before the war, but you're an edgy teen if you think the "Jews and Anglos fucked it up" when the Nazis were murdering Jews and the Anglos were only at war with the Nazis because they wanted to take over huge areas of Slavic land and exterminate all the Slavs for living space

I wonder who's behind this post...

ummm where's the diversity? it honestly looks creepy like some hostess snack pleasantville or something

ugh

Nice logic! Of course I'm a Jew because I don't believe genocide of Slavs was justified! Fuck off /pol/

>this is what summerfags think good bait is

>>>reddit.com/r/tvshows

>frog meme
>still posting le epic rare pepe even after the market crashed

I hope you get swirlied when you go back to highschool ya faggot

>muh Slavs

Slovakia had their golden age during their Axis years

top lel
Have a look at the wage developments from 1933-1939. Have a look at the government spending before the war. Have a look at the changes in quality of the educational system. Nazi Germany was certainly no paradise, and living circumstances would probably have been better if Hitler hadn't taken over.

You don't even have to take into consideration the fact that Nazi Germany was an oppressive, genocidal regime, that embarked on a futile and self-destructive quest of world domination, inflicting large amounts of suffering onto it's on population and the entire world in the process.

But user that pic is from Finland

Eric or Dylan?

The promotions for that show were so much better than the actual show.

To be honest the book was shit too, just generic pulp garbage.

I'm just imagining a left wing nutjob being so fucking mad and unironically offended at this picture for it's whiteness.

The boomers had it so damn good. Just....

Ah. To live among a homogenous society. What a dream that would be.

>wops
>dagos
>paddies
>polacks

so much for homogeneity

>California

This breaks my heart.

What's funny is that this picture was probably supposed to be "shocking". Oh look an all-white family in a safe neighborhood, the horror! But it justs looks so wholesome and healthy.

But I think another generation or two of multicultural sensitivity training via MSM and hackademia will do the trick.

You could, walk. Everything so clean and safe. Smiling beautiful people. No nignogs, no ficki ficki, no allahuakbar, no axes, no boom boom...

here to help

itsbait.jpg

goddamn, you idiots can trash up even a good comfy historical photos thread. im legit pissed

A world without diversity is like a world without smallpox.

Honestly, MitHC is probably his best novel, prose-wise. It's not Lolita or Heart of Darkness or A Passage to India, but it's his most lucid and competent. Dick's actual best work tends to be a mishmash of nail-on-the-chalkboard grating crap and lines or half-lines of stark beauty and insight. You read him BECAUSE he's the master of pulp.

It's why I scoff at people who hated Lies, Inc. The horrible LSD trip that was left out of The Unteleported Man is what makes a Dick novel a Dick novel. His California neo-Gnostic sensibilities give you some strange but deep avenues to explore as well, if you're into that. It's about as idiosyncratic and ultimately pointless as mastering Yeats' personal mythology, but if Yeats is worthy of study, why not PKD?

i liked Radio Free Albemuth better though i don't even remember why it was so long ago

or maybe it was Valis

Is this pasta? The only book of his I liked that wasn't toilet paper material was Time out of joint, probably because it was short, visionary and not completely idiotic.

MITHC is pure dogshit, the characters and the story is a pulp wank.

I live exactly where this photo is taken.

As if you'd be there.

Robots should be shot.

>You could, walk.
You can walk right now. Nothing's stopping you.
>Everything so clean and safe.
Not pictured - the fuckton of litter under all those peoples' feet, and are you seriously going to go "it was so safe back then" when you had shit like the mafia, the door-to-door sham salesmen, and the Irish? Plus, there's the whole thing about the police being able to push anybody they wanted (as long as they had dirt on them) around because laws to prevent that hadn't yet been instituted.
>Smiling beautiful people.
While it's true that it's in that picture, so what? It's a fucking parade, of course there's going to be people smiling there, and they aren't exactly going to go out there in their sweatpants, considering the obsession with style everybody had back then.
>No nignogs, no ficki ficki, no allahuakbar, no axes, no boom boom...
Bullshit, they had:
>eternal Aryanaboo
>nignogs, although not of the same kind
>Japs
And unlike today's people, they held a grudge against them for life, so all that happened is that it kept adding on and on and on, with the Vietnamese, the Koreans, the Russians, et cet., et cet., up to this very day

Because Slovakia is a meme country with no history.

>no pride flags
>no abortion clinics
>no mosques
You're an idiot if you think that looks nice

Hardly relevant to the topic at hand though. Poland has no right to exist.

>countries have rights to exist

Poe's law in ultimate effect

>you could walk

that's the 300 pounds of fat on you, not the (Other) that's stopping you

>no pride flags
>no abortion clinics
>no mosques
How were people able to live in that hell?

edgy sarcastic teenagers were beaten, that's how

It's not supposed to be shocking. It's meant to be cute, until you notice the Swastika.

The message of Man in the High Castle is to draw parallels between Nazi Germany (perceived by intended audiences as the ultimate evil) and the United States (perceived by intended audiences as the highest possible good.)

The poster, correspondingly, argues that postwar American society was in some ways a ghostly reflection of Nazi Germany, due to its exclusionary nature.

The series critiques imperialism, Jim Crow, and prolonged occupation by having these phenomena wrought upon white Americans.

Perhaps the book is different, I've never read any PKD.

Does somebody have that cartoon where the father is playing with his son and in the next square the father holding a shotgun and the son has become a transgender zombie?

America has never been homogeneous

The homicide rate in the 1940s was slightly higher than it is in America today.

I hate that comic because it suggest gay pride as an ideal is something new, when it in fact peaked in the mid 90s -- the period held as ideal by that picture

>Oh look at this unsourced and irrelevant statistic taken out of context as proof that ficki ficki allahuakbar ficki ficki is actually better XD

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate_by_decade

American society is safer than it was when that picture was taken, even despite the emergence of Islamist terrorism and non-Muslim mass shootings

I can't say that American society is unilaterally better these days, because that's not really quantifiable, but it's objectively more safe -- and that's not even including the decrease in automotive and workplace deaths

>implying the (((aryans))) didn't do the ave maria, fucky fucky back in the days

>In the 18th century, many persons of English descent harbored resentment towards the increasing number of German settlers. Benjamin Franklin in "Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.", complained about the increasing influx of German Americans, stating that they had a negative influence on the early United States.

ficki ficki isn't really a problem in america

NOOOOO MY ARYAN FANTASIESSSSSSS

Again taken out of context, and even then, they were extremely low. As if homicide rate was the only measure of safety anyway. It doesn't take into account improvements in security and surveillance, the advent of gated neighborhoods and private secuirty (due to nignog crimes), white flight. We will also never know what these statistics would today be if America was a homogeneous society, but we can compare it with the statistics from Western European countries and Japan (extremely low). In other words, yes yes very good shill, however this proves nothing.

Anyone?

I'm quoting myself so as to not let it slide by the relentless globalist shilling ITT.

What do you mean by statistics being "taken out of context"? How could you literally take that out of context?

Do you actually think gated communities are highly prevalent? The statistics were also used to prove that you could walk down a street and be safer now than before. Usually you go by those sort of statistics to prove this.

You're just trying to cling to your poorly thought through political agenda. Face it.

I love how he's somehow proud of the fact that the current murder rate is slightly lower than what it was 70 years ago. Meanwhile Japan divided it by 4.

>The statistics were also used to prove that you could walk down a street and be safer now than before.
"Before" being the 1940s.

Why don't you compare current crime rates with the 1950s?

>gated neighborhoods

Only a fraction of us lives in those.

If anything the 1940's, 30's and 20's would fit more of your white paradise than the 50's; especially if you're attempting to tie crime rates to the prevalence of minority boogeymen.

What do you mean by statistics being "taken out of context"?
It doesn't show who commited those crimes and where.

I'm literally shaking...

>If anything the 1940's, 30's and 20's would fit more of your white paradise than the 50'
How so? The 1950s were the quintessential white american decade, as all the non-anglo white immigrants who had arrived in the early 20th century had assimilated. 1920s white america didn't have as much of a common identity as 1950s white america.

> especially if you're attempting to tie crime rates to the prevalence of minority boogeymen.
Are you implying that minorities don't commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime?

Third and last time before another shill avalanche by Soros' boys.

>1930
>the Great fucking Depression
>paradise

>Hardly relevant to the topic
Don't play being smartass, if your country's golden age were less than five years under foreign rule it means it's a meme country.
As I said Slovakia has no history. It's a fact, if you can say othervise, ok- show me the historic resource about Slovakian nation (not some slavic speaking tribe)that is olde than the history of the U.S.

What? Your last post suggested Europe is a shithole because of Muslims

Which is it?

It directly contradicts the "nazis strived to kill all Slavs" nonsense, retard.

What exactly are you trying to imply here?

European areas with a high concentrations of muslims are indeed shitholes.

>Out of context

Not at all. You suggested America used to be safer, I explained why that's a misperception.

You asked for a source, so I gave you one.

I'm sorry if your notions of the past don't reflect reality. That can be worrisome to discover for the first time. But remember that it's fine to long for aspects of the past, even if in some respects the past was less comfortable.

>You asked for a source, so I gave you one.
You should read your own source and look at the crime rates during the 1950s.

I'd appreciate it also if you answered my posts.

>no graffiti on any of those trailers

Truly a time to be alive

Stockholm is the rape capital of Europe with rape statistics comparable to war-torn areas of Africa. They have no-go zones where not even ambulances and fire trucks can go without being stoned.

Not him, but he's right, crime is way lower than it was in the past. The 60s and the 70s in particular were horrible.

I think this is what happens when you get completely brainfucked by the media who report on every other murder so you gain the perception murder is everywhere around you.

>Stockholm is the rape capital of Europe

Stockholm is fine, you're thinking of Malmo.

If a nignog kills another one that adds to the "homicide" statistic.
Homicide is not the only crime and hence not the sole measure of safety.
Implying numbers out of context can't be used to mask facts.
By absolute numbers alone you would think that Brazil is a wealthier country than Belgium.
You're full of it ,Soros bitch.

>ut he's right, crime is way lower than it was in the past.
Not the 1950s

>The 60s and the 70s in particular were horrible.
Well yes that coincides with the liberal takeover of the american judicial system.

The high crime surge which started in the 1960s and peaked in the 1990s was due to liberal incompetence, who believed that the police were "oppressive" and criminals "victims of capitalism". Unbelievably, the number of police officers in NYC declined during the 1960s, although crime exploded, because the mayor was anti-police.

Then Giuliani came along and gave the NYPD free reign to beat up criminals, and crime declined dramatically. Of course the liberals whined because the prison population increased accordingly.

But don't worry, libs are in power again and crime has started rising again in Chicago and other places. America will become a crime riddled shithole again soon enough.

>I think this is what happens when you get completely brainfucked by the media who report on every other murder so you gain the perception murder is everywhere around you.
You would be wrong. This is what happens when you live in a big city and not a lilly white upper class suburb.

Again compare to the same in wealthy, homogeneous societies such as Western Europea and Japan.
The homicide rates would diminish anyway thanks to social advancements, only they would decrease even more if not for nignog crime and non-white immigration.

Don't bother he's a liberal. He's incapable of thinking critically.

>The high crime surge which started in the 1960s and peaked in the 1990s
It peaked in the 80s, 90s actually showed a sharp decline. Look, I even agree with your general message but facts are facts.

>This is what happens when you live in a big city and not a lilly white upper class suburb.

I'm a white man living literally three blocks from a ghetto in the inner city. If this was the 1970s I'd already be killed.

You can't be more wrong, I'm a conservative and I hate niggers. But thinking the past was safer is an outright lie.

>It peaked in the 80s, 90s actually showed a sharp decline
It peaked in 1991.

> Look, I even agree with your general message but facts are facts.
Yes, facts are facts. Crime was lower in the 1950s than it is today, the liberal experiment of the 1960s-1990s notwithstanding.

>But thinking the past was safer is an outright lie.
The 1950s were safer.

Sure thing. Then you would have no problem admiting this

I mean liberals can't argue that immigration doesn't raise the crime rate. They literally can't because, by their own reasoning, crime is rationalized as not being an individual, but a social phenomenon. People commit crimes because they are poor, exploited, etc. BUT immigrants are brought by big capital with the sole intention of exploiting them and lowering wages. Hence immigration causes poverty and exploitation. Hence immigration raises the crime rate.

I don't have a problem admitting that at all. It's not even a problem of diversity, it's the problem of specifically niggers, literally every other demographic out there has a lower murder rate.

>using this shitty graph again
>not realizing that rapes are counted differently in Sweden than the rest of the world
Wew lad

>It directly contradicts the "nazis strived to kill all Slavs" nonsense, retard.
Why would I care about that nonsense? Yeah, let's change the subject, what about baseball motherfucker ? ;^)

WHITE paradise

Nice try but left-liberals will just say that it's the government's responsibility to provide some such standard of living in order to prevent people from being poor and exploited.