/wrpg/ - Western RPG General #1

A Phoenix Rises from the Ashes Edition

Previous: N/A

>>>News:
The Bioware forums are officially closed. You have until October to view the archives, if you wish.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 arrives on Steam soon

>>>Sales:
Jagged Alliance 2 is 75% off on GoG

>>>FAQ
>What belongs here?
Any game, or sequel to a game in the OP image that doesn't fit into an existing general. We'll make a more comprehensive image eventually.

>>>Information, Resources, and Pastebins:
Need help running an old game? Try searching through:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home
or
gog.com/forum

>>Dragon Age:
General information: pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
Origins mods: pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>/dag/ (RIP) culture:
/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive: dagnaart.imgur.com
/dag/ booru: dagna.booru.org/index.php

>>Information from E3 about Andromeda: pastebin.com/BiK2KhPw

More resources to come.

>>>Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=kJc6LjJsz3k

Friendly reminder that Mark Morgan is literally a musical genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

fadetonguedontcount.tumblr.com/post/149620731808/snidy-shes-not-much-of-a-flirt
youtu.be/if-UzXIQ5vw
strawpoll.me/11105054
dani.tumblr.com/post/149597577441/
youtu.be/xButjfhZWVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The dawn will come.....

Old men running the world... a new age!

*updates journal*

Just saw a ~quirky~ DA comic on tumblr about Morrigan and a female elf hooking up like its totally normal and not something non-canon that can only be achieved with mods. Naturally the comments on it were all like "love these lesbians!" and whatnot.

Now I've got nothing in the world against lesbians, but with a series that is known for having a lot of LGBT characters why do people feel the need to also make the straight ones gay?

Btw, this is the comic for anyone curious fadetonguedontcount.tumblr.com/post/149620731808/snidy-shes-not-much-of-a-flirt

There is a thing we have to seriously address right now though...
/wrpg/na sounds dumb...

Tumblr does the same thing with every game they latch on to. Lesbian Ashley, Miranda, etc. Kaidan is literally turned into a bisexual in ME3 because of people's headcanons. People will say that asari prefer human women because they look more similar, despite there being zero basis in lore.
It's really odd but whatever. People are weird.

Oh dear

/wrpg/ists
Pronounced "rapist", the g is silent

Not only is rapist a dumb thing to want to be called, but even if the g was silent it still doesn't look anything like the actual word.

Can you come up with anything better?

Westerns

/wrpg/randmas
/wrpg/eniuses
/wrpg/rool guzzlers
/wrpg/eriatrics
/wrpg/oners
/wrpg/orillas

Those are all just using the g, I'm sure there are plenty more possibles if you incorporated the other letters but I'm too lazy for that.

Their elf looks male. Are you sure?
>the name change
Here's where the tears flow.

/wrpg/remlins
/wrpg/oblins

you're so unfunny it hurts

Overwatch is a western game where you play a role! It even has random loot!

I'm going to smack you

I'll admit its not my best work but I'm tired and stoned so fuck it. Besides, at least I'm throwing some ideas out there. More than can be said for you.

y-y-yyou took the marijuana drug!?
how can i be just like you??

Weroplaga (singular)
Weroplagas (plural)
Weroplagi (opt. plural)

>tfw didn't make a thread in ages before but my thread was the last /dag/
>OP file was end.webm

>>OP file was end.webm
It's all your fault...

Hehehe... nope!

Okay so i got the Inquisition GOTY version and noticed that there are so many cool modes on Trial
But can someone explain how the bonus shipment work? it seems that i can turn the trial on and off but how about the bonus shipment thingy? is it one time only when you start the game or will i be able to get another chance at them? because at this point the Trials just feel like some artificial difficulity

If you're the kind of dweeb that assumes every time someone offhandedly mentions that they've smoked weed they're automatically bragging about it or trying to impress you then you must have lived a very sheltered life.

Can you imagine someone playing a Blizzard game and enjoying the game itself? It would literally be the same thing as orgasming while being raped, only you actually should be ashamed.

our savior

i can finally wash this biowaste off of me

>It would literally be the same thing as orgasming while being raped, only you actually should be ashamed
wew how will blizzdrones ever recover

they'll start saying "catchphrase" and then start nasally giggling through their cleft palates.

;)

don't look at me like that

don't post it

Not the last, we will continue with #988 when DA4 info arrives, someday...

/wrpg/aylords

Feels like a bad omen.

This song feels appropriate.
youtu.be/if-UzXIQ5vw

Old Blizzard shit was a fun way to waste time back in the day.
>tfw even got dinner from old guild leaders once

bumping for disinterest

strawpoll.me/11105054

I'm gonna vote for the one I made!

When you get to Skyhold, it adds a chest in the basement and it sometimes has new loot

dani.tumblr.com/post/149597577441/

i dont get it

translation:
>bullmerrill is an ableist mess. iron bull is not a prsn merrill would enjoy being around and ppl always make it out to be like ahh bull teaches merrill acceopt disorder haha! as in, strip merrill of her autistic traits. disgusting
their next post turns a robot character into a human which is actually disgusting and racist desu

>woke up
>it's revolution
Goddammit, /dabwwrpg/nas.

Just started BG1, can't get TuTu to work with GemRB for some reason, just went north from the Friendly Arm.

What am I in for? Rolled a Mage

Should I play WoW or FFXIV?

Just kys now

Just play the EE senpai

Does it have a Linux Client?

Even if it does I don't wanna give SJW-dog any cash

I don't use Linux, so I can't answer with certainty. It says on the GoG page that it runs on Ubuntu though

It should be pretty easy to acquire it online through less than legal means

What does it offer over the actual version?

I still feel bad even pirating it, I don't wanna give Beamdog even the satisfaction of me running their version, but if its vastly better I could be convinced

I've played all the BioWare/Obsidian games
What else can I play for some cute waifus? Even if I have to mod them in

Basically, you don't have to install mods to get it working. It changes some things that mods can't change, I think they're bug fixes mostly. It has a lot more settings. Also there's new companions that aren't very good, but you can completely ignore them

Artificial Academy 2

Witcher series
Shadowrun seres. There's tons of god tier waifus, but you can't actually romance them

>rolled a mage
Expect to be completely useless for the duration of BG1 except for wand spam
Make sure you grab the ring of wizardry while you're still at the inn (might need some pixel hunting)
Also, Khalid is fucking shit, his panic threshold is very low so he runs away after being slightly hurt all the time

This is mah team so far, Magic Missile has been good so far but only having one spell per rest hurts. Don't have a wand yet and what Inn was the Ring at? The Friendly Arm?

>The Friendly Arm?
Yes, the ring is in some tree trunk to the right of where you're standing
You'll get more spells after you level up and the ring also expands your spell limit
I'd ditch Monty and Xzar for Minsc and Dynaheir (who are in Nashkel and Gnoll Stronghold)

Ok cool, just on my way to Nashkel now so I'll pick them up, thanks

Lots of bug fixes

New characters that are mostly shit, though mechanically strong and fun to use(dorn comes with 19 str in BG1 and strong class abilities, hexxat (thief in bg2) comes with 20str/20dex, etc)

Some graphics "enhancers" and other things that can be turned on and off

Some nice quality of life features like a loot bar and area loot so you don't have to stop and click on every monster and click the items in the tiny little window and everything, shit, I would get EE just for this shit, it actually makes the game so much more enjoyable

Also makes the save importing from 1 to 2 a bit easier and with some added functionality, and the expansion (SoD) is actually kind of enjoyable and has some cool items in it to play around with.

Honestly you're pirating it so who gives a shit, it's easy to set up and has more features and fixes than you can get with modded BG

>only having one spell per rest hurts
just wait

oh please, stop being such a 12 year old. just because they made a gamergate joke or whatever you're willing to break your back for all this shit? get your priorities together ya fucking nerd

Next you'll be telling me to play Candy Crush or Psychonauts 2

I don't like supporting Cunts

theres a big difference between not playing an awful cash grab mobile game because its awful and not even pirating a company's content because it'll "give them the satisfaction" of you playing it, as if you're some all important neckbeard demigod that devs look to for opinions. and all over some gamergate shit? gamergate is not only incredibly dated and anachronistic but its baby shit for baby boys with baby dicks. grow up senpai

this desu, i don't get why you wouldn't play the best version of it you can. the quality of the game doesn't suffer at all, there's no explicitly sjw writing even in the new content they added, all of which can be ignored, and any mods you want to use are all compatible with the enhanced versions now. the whole point of games is to enjoy them so hampering that by forcing yourself to play an inferior version that requires more work to set up and maintain just because you think the creators are cunts just seems childish to me. you should enable yourself to have the most fun you can with it, who gives a shit about who made it?

fun fact, there are sjws and political writers working at almost every single rpg making developer nowadays, you just don't know and you probably still play and enjoy all their games. you're really putting up a big fuss over one writer. and if you're not buying their product you aren't supporting them so that's a totally irrelevant point.

it's his money lads
take a chill pill

you're right, it's his $0, not my place to suggest where somebody spends their invisibucks

>remove /dag/ from the title
>excise all remaining femanons
>thread is as bitchy as it ever was but without any of the irony
:)

I've played BG1-ToB with tutu 10+ times and I'd still go with the EE for the sole reason that it adds that quick loot function
Clicking on every single trash mob corpse to check if it has any gems or gold among trash like leather armor and arrows gets old very fast

good night /da- i mean /wrpg/

/dag/ will be back in the morning babe

hehehe... nope!

/wrpg/ more like /lets-be-a-whiny-cunt-g/

this is what happens when you let rpg codex refugees in...

there is literally nothing wrong with rpgcodex

o rly

Any Druids here?

Good morning, weroplagas ...

Morning chump

Let's blog about some western role playing games..? !

>someone being called a child by numales for not wanting to support a blatant sjw pandering game
Oh my.

You fucked up.

>not swallowing the pill and playing fighter/mage/cleric, then being the best class in the game in BG2
>not going through BG1 as monk, being a complete waste of space, then soloing BG2
it''s like you're an amateur or something

sun soul monk actually

Does this mean /dag/ is dead?

Am I... free?

I'm going to play DAO RIGHT NOW

Yes

This is still /dag/ with 3 people no matter what you call it.
DA4 when

youtu.be/xButjfhZWVU

yfw they have no money left to make a proper DA4 because MEA will flop and make it a 2d strategy game instead

The booru, all the things we made, the empire of garbage. All gone now.

Good.

To be totally honest I could do with something new from then or maybe a return to Jade Empire at the very least.

If it has to be a drastic change then at least let us play as The Maker and turn it into Black and White 3.

Um they're in the OP

>tfw no M&B type of game for DA with Dalish elf, shem and qunari factions

O-oh.
So if you had the chance to find yourself in another land from any of the games from OP, which area/city would you prefer?