Talking to girl at my local college about majors

>talking to girl at my local college about majors
>shes a communications major
>ask her why
>"it looked easy"
>mfw
>tell her I'm studying accounting
>looks baffled and asks why
Why do people hate us accounting majors? I like chicken fried steak just like everyone else.

cuz u r u

Long hours and mind numbling grunt work that will probably get replaced by computers in the next 10-15 years.

>econ major
>liberal arts majors thinks its on par with physics or engineering
>business majors think im a try hard.
>dont get the hate accounting majors do or the wolf of wallstreet teasing the finance majors get.
>will 90% end up doing the same jobs as finance and accounting.

Truely the master race.

I'm considering econ... or data analytics.

>work in Quality Assurance at a global IT company
>laugh at the fucking college kids

>Chem major
>biz, econ, lib arts majors show me their workload I have a hearty kek
>Tell party girls I'm a psych major
>Only reveal my power level to nerd skanks
They're sweethearts though

If you're not planning on taking the MCAT after that chem degree is complete, then you're a moron.

>major in political science at a mediocre university, received a full-ride so, meh.
>get told by virtually everyone I know that polysci is a useless degree and a waste of money
>senior year comes around, end up interning as a legislative assistant and receive college credit while doing so
>graduate, get called back to the state legislature to work as a research analyst
>a year later, making $75k

Ha! Take that liberal arts haters. I barely work with the legislature isn't in-session.

you're an anomaly

Hospital work is for fags that want to deal with fat people all day

Because you arent getting a privilege checking degree

you missed your chance to smash her puss puss by apologizing for oppressing her while you beat her anus with your cock

Anderson cooper got a polisci degree and interned for the CIA
What will you do user?

>not wanting to work in psychiatry where most hot crazy bitches are.

You're slipping bro. What's your plan then?

Anderson Cooper's mother is also one very very wealthy woman. He came from money. Look it up.

Gastroenterologist here. He's not wrong. The way you Americans eat is hedonistically deplorable.

Doctor, we're not ALL fat.

Also, quick question. How do I know if I have diverticulitis? I was hospitalized in 2012 and they suspected it but I never got a clear prognosis.

> I like chicken fried steak just like everyone else.
Murdering animals is morally wrong and eating their flesh (including dairy, its just liquid flesh) is bad for you.

Please be a femanon so I can give you some salami.

Anything complicated scares people or makes them feel stupid. Also, accounting is a female dominated field. So a little sexism may be at play.

Oh, this is like the opposite of my celiac patients. Consistent abdominal pain usually within 1-1.5 after consuming foods, with said pain being alleviated or gone altogether should that meal be high in insoluble fiber.

Also, I don't mean to say you're all fat, but my first days as a dietitian made me realize people put sugar in their cereal. Like what the fuck man.

Cereal's got enough sugar in it as it is. I'd rather eat some eggs and sausage. Or oatmeal.

I had come in with abdominal distension and when the NP or whomever she was started feeling around on my stomach back when I first got evaluated, I immediately and consistently threw up.

Nonstop. They even put an NG tube in after giving me barium. Was on suction for days, they talked about taking my gallbladder out and all this nonsense.

Was on suction for several days and bedridden most of that time. Still, don't know if it was a small bowel obstruction or diverticulitis.

How immediately did you throw up after each meal/snack? If it was soon, I'd rule out diverticulitis.

Oh God, women are the worst with oatmeal. They don't understand that it's meant to be a simple food but they use it as a carrier for butter, brown sugar (more than is warranted), and honey all at once.

Verily crazy girls are so hot yet so destructive. Currently bulking up the resume at an analyzer (supply large chemical plants) company. They pay for me to fly places so its pretty cash but if it doesn't pan out I've got a few ideas.

Lolz I feel sad and disgusted and laugh at the same time. I don't understand why health isn't a top personal priority.
No offense to your career I'd just lose my mind. This guy I know eats literally 5-6 pizzas a week and drinks Dr. Pepper at 8 in the morning

>this guy I used to know

polysci degrees are not useless, the government is the largest employer in the the united states and eats up those degrees

people here are just idiots who think all liberal arts degrees are useless

>Why do people hate us accounting majors?
Because it's seen as boring work for nerds?
She probably doesn't know fuck all about the pay.

>chicken fried steak
Ewwwwwww

I ate several of those shitty ass microwave burritos. Then I had a large cheesesteak. It was about a couple hours after.

I just put cinnamon in mine. Or some raisins.

Yet the highest paying jobs aren't at all related to political science. They're all STEM.

What are you taking about? Your average gov employee makes more than a bio major

I find it fun. I just like to be able to go through life without being hindered. The realization that my fat friend hasnt jumped since his teen years put health in perspective for me. Growing up poor forced me to cook so the act became more fun as I grew older.

I mean, I'd probably expel microwave anything because my stomach is a prissy bitch, but you might want want to get rechecked for closure. My advice? Go homeless, wait for your beard to set in with your body odor, and walk into a hospital with no ID so you'll get top notch medical treatment on the taxpayer's dime.

Or you could just visit me in Holland. On vacay with the girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind shoving my camera up a fellow Veeky Forumsnessman's ass gratis.

My friend found his passion on econ and he turned into a massive annoying and obnoxious faggot and basically sold his soul to Soros.

Not to mention that now he thinks he knows everything about politics because he can justify any shit with muh economics

My penis is feminine

I have medicare and medicaid as a disabled person in America.

Prove it. Go on Glassdoor and show me some salaries.

>accounting major judging a communications major

If you're not STEM you're literally subhuman.

Wait what's the stigma with business major? If it's something like Econ Information Systems or Finance I feel like that's a suitable choice over business management?

Every tard who can't do shit takes business.
Serious schools don't even offer it.

same here senpai

>>shes a communications major
>>ask her why
>>"it looked easy"

Why do you think niggers all major in "african american studies" or "social studies" & shiet?

lol at a whole generation of niggers graduating with useless Affirmative Action degrees wondering why they don't qualify for any jobs.

this. women actually do get jobs with their shitty degrees though. It's called HR.

>mfw accounting will be replaced by robots during your lifetime

There's a hefty load of work already done by computers, but once it gets to adjusting trial balances onward you'll need to have an accountant on it, no matter how much software there is.

I do get what you're saying though because the job market already got shaken up from the influx of the Personal Computer from past decades, but "shaking" something doesn't necessarily mean removing it. There's already a strong urge for upcoming accountants to learn a fair bit about CompSci.

Why is the history major hanging around with the STEM major at the end? Is there a joke I'm not getting?

Out of curiosity, what courses are included in an accounting degree? I only studied bis adm, so I learned financial accounting, IFRS, cost accounting, management controlling, budgeting, tax regulation, basic finance and commercial law.

The historian wants to study the STEM major, as STEM degrees are, indeed, a thing of the past.

Depends on your country and institution
In Australia
To graduate with a bachelors in accounting at my uni we do 4 levels of financial accounting
3 levels of management accounting
Information systems
Audit and assurance
4 law subjects (tax law, contract law, business legislation and an elective)
2 basic economic subjects
And 2 finance subjects

Plus any minor studies

>4 levels of financial accounting
Jesus, how is that even possible? I did 3 levels and the third stage felt too repetitive, like they were struggling to find material for the course.

The first one is your basic first year accounting 101 so how journals and ledgers work
2 is bank consolidation, leases, foreign currency transactions and basically everything else you can learn in one lecture
3 preparing financial statements
4 consolidation