/civ4xg/ - Civilization, mStellaris and 4X Games General

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Thea is okay.

Thea is okay edition

>mStellaris
Mmmkay.

fourth for guessing

witches are good right?

*tips*

shit forgot pic

yeah witches one of the better classes

>mStellaris

Heinlein update is pretty good looking with the new Fallen. Hope the dlc won´t be to expensive ,,,

REMOVE AEON
go back2 ur aliens u dam green dykes

what do you guys think about the new look for the leaders in CVI?

bit cartoony imo

only 7.99€
but is worth 20€!

buy now, most valued customer!

fucking triforce

user who was playing Alpha Centauri from last thread here

It is year 2300. Game started on 2101, so we're 199 turns into the game.

I'm playing as University. I control the continent I started on. Early on we made the Peacekeepers to the north bend the knee, and become our diplomatic servant on a leash. The Hive was wiped out by the Spartans. We've allied with the Morganites due to our inclinations towards Free Market economics. The Believers have been getting their shit kicked in by the Spartans, after The Hive was taken down. The Gaians have been relatively untouched by anyone else, and so have thrived more than the other AI's, in the continent next door - we're currently engaged in a Vendetta by them, of their own doing.

All that said, however, University has maintained a steady lead on every aspect of the game this time. I started learning the basics on how I should exploit my formers, and how to use Supply Crawlers at a basic level. I also learned more about balancing funds betweern Econ, Psych, and Lab. It's at 30/30/40 right now and it seems to be working out great. Helps a lot managing the drones. Have been grabbing a bunch of the useful Secret Projects, and I have fairly nice main cities with a few secondary ones that are either for prototype building mostly, or coastal.

About 50 turns ago we first got acccess to the Needle Jets. Holy shit, they're a tide turner. Since I started experiencing major troubles at home with indigenous lifeforms, I got the idea of prototyping jets with 1/1/12 but with bonus Psi Attack. I keep two at every base and the results have been majestic. I really love this prototyping mechanic.

Since we're in a Pact with Lal and Morgan, we almost have the votes to be elected Supreme Leader in the council, but not quite. Need 2/3. So I guess I'm gonna keep riding the tech lead and see where it takes me. Probably a Transcendence victory but we'll see. Really excited.

Soon: War with Deidre and maybe Miriam.

A little close up

Any suggestions from other AC players? I'm pretty new, so I'm playing on Talent difficulty (~Normal)

And the diplomatic situation

Anyone here played Distant Worlds? How does it compare to the barely functional Stellaris?

I'm itching for some galactic genocide, but fun one.

Witches indeed one of the better classes, but I'm mildly disappointed with their low Magic value. I have 6 of them (including an Orc Witch and a Baba Yaga) and only 1 has higher Magic than 5. (They're between level 6 and 9.)

Inventor, however, surprised me in a positive way. She might be a little fragile without additional protection, but she's really versatile and can easily be a jack-of-all-trades with a few trinkets and whatnot.

Cybrans 5ever.

>lasers
>engineering station
>lasers
>monkeylord, SupCom's poster unit
>laser
>T1 gunship
>laser

Yes.

It's ugly as fuck with a windows UI and 2D graphisms but it's fucking deep as fuck and the music is awesome.

AND YOU CAN PLAY AS A SPACE PIRATE
TUUUUUUUBES

I don't understand why everyone complains about it being cartoony. Civ has always been cartoony, Civ V is the odd one out and had the most realistic-looking leaderheads in the series.

That's not to say that I wouldn't prefer them to keep the same style as they had in V, but it's silly to give them flak for doing what they've been doing for almost every single previous Civ game.

I don't know what all the hubbub about it is, I prefer the new art style as it has a clear defined direction. Civ 5 I felt the Leader Models were really just caught between cartoon and realism and ended up stuck in the uncanny valley. I think a more cartoonish is style is more appropriate for Civ anyways.

It's extremely expensive because it has 3-4 expansions, it's extremely fun because of the way economy is handled, and it's easy to mod.

And you can play as a space pirates and name all your ships after famous tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes

Why is it that the China leader looks like a WW2 propaganda stereotype but the Japan leader looks like a oriental white guy?

I like the CiVI's artstyle. It's gorgeous and colorful.

i thought the japan dude looked more korean

I've been meaning to give a huge earth map with real start locations a go for years now but I never got around to it. Maybe one last game before VI comes out. On that note, would be nice if they increased the amount of AI characters for VI, as well as making the AI better and more efficient in general.

>try out CBP
>building walls literally makes a city immortal if you don't have trebuchets

mein neger

Thoughts?

It's in my opinion way better than Stellaris.
First, research isn't random.
Second, you research by building stations, but you don't have a lead scientist monopolizing all the research by himself.
Third, you can also build resort station that can give you so many brouzoufs you don't know what to do with them.
Fourth, you can add research laboratories on frigate, put some advanced sensor on them, and use them to spy on your neighbour while research how to make stuff deader (that requires some tweaking with the fuel).
Fifth, unlike Star Ruler, a ship going out of fuel won't kill it. It'll be just fucking slow.

Damn right, son.

git gud faggot

>these sea monsters
CATHULHU CONFIRMED

I like it. I hate Barbarossa's animation though.

>xcom troopers
how is this allowed

Which RTS have the best coop play?

>mfw you can't train your units in your allies' buildings in Battle Realms
>sending out ressources has a tribute in AoE2 limiting how many ressources you can send before dying
>most of the other games just treat the ally as someone you don't have to kill

To suggest that XCOM's good end isn't that good and that mankind ends up fighting each other once the ayyyys are out.

>literally 3000 BC
>AI shits out walls
>defenseless city is now outhealing 3 archers

xd

I dont know how the ayys lasted so long against 110 strength 49 tile movement cheapass troops

I wish there was a mod that once the game had advanced a certain length of turns it would switch barbarians with aliens and barbarian encampments with alien bases.

They would be extremely hard to deal with because of their speed and attack points, but xcom troops got a huge bonus when fighting them.

It's not bad, I just feel that it's a step down compared to V. Most of it is because they got rid of having detailed backgrounds and opted to just having the leader model imposed over a static image. They lost so much personality compared to the leaders in V:

>Montezuma's aggressive yelling over a sacrifical altar surrounded by a jeering crowd
>Alexander and Genghis both greeting you by horseback
>Theodora's smug flirting from her reclining couch
>Harald Bluetooth looking down on you from his longboat
>Attilla glaring at you from his throne, surrounded by the spoils of his conquests
>Pedro's impatient stare from behind his office desk

All of this shit and more was amazing and I'm really disappointed to see that it won't be in VI.

>probably over 2000 hours in Civ 5 easily
>getting a bit repetitive these days
>been modding it a bit but nothing really game-changing
>notice there's Civ 5 recommended mods in the OP
>install like 10 of them on top of the 8 or so I already have
>play one of the Civs I've never played and try playing differently
>game feels somewhat fresh again
this must be what it's like to peel a mouldy carrot and coat it in ketchup

>this must be what it's like to peel a mouldy carrot and coat it in ketchup

>implying the civs are really differents
Woah, I get a legionary unit until of a swordman.

Sooo different.

>tfw /civ4xg/ doesn't care about Alpha Centauri anymore, one of the best 4X games of all time

What went wrong?

That's what the mods are for

What will Gilgamesh look like in Civ 6?
His nasu appearance or some bearded arab

Install Alpha Centauri

>/civ4xg/ doesn't care about Alpha Centauri anymore,
not true

Just because we're not commenting doesn't mean we don't care.
I don't see the point in quoting you just to say "epic xDDD" or "cool".

All civs just feel the same in Civ. At least SMAC had a story.

I'm excited to play it. Don't know how long it will keep me playing though.

how do you think when researching buildings? The well seems too reliant on RNG to be useful, and I don't know what buildings are after it. The smithy seems alright, the baracks seem OK, the herbalists hut actually looks really good now that I look at it

Bearded arab, probably. Pic related, this is how he looked like in Civ IV and I don't see a reason to believe he'd look much different except in terms of artstyle.

>unironically believing weebshit would ever make it anywhere near this game

Google "F/ST Gilgamesh". Then imagine the opposite : a strong muscular man instead of that wimpy faggot.

The real question is : do cabbage field really spawn babies?

>All civs just feel the same in Civ. At least SMAC had a story.
Yeah I know, in the base game they're not really all that different from each other compared to SMAC and stuff, that's why about 5 of the mods actually make it so they feel a lot more different and play differently. That's the entire point I was trying to make, I applied a dozen different mods at the same time to make the game actually feel fresh again. At least temporarily.

I already did that a couple of days ago, I'm playing it on and off. Still kind of getting into it, just gotta adjust 17 years back.

obligatory

>The real question is : do cabbage field really spawn babies?

I think so, they attract babies like some other buildings attract elves or humans AKA they sometimes spawn with only a HUD noticfication

Holy shit that's one sick beard. My respect : top tier.

have they released the system requirements for C6?

For further reference, here's a statue depicting Gilgamesh which is also the image Firaxis are using for him on their leader table that was leaked some time ago.

>getting his leg clawed by a baby lion
>stoic as fuck
>that sick beard

Leon and snake symbolize something?

That he's a badass.

where did it all go so wrong?

They symbolize shit man I don't fucking know, I'm not a history professor. I just hit up google for the image.

Snake is wisdom, Lion is might.

What game is this?

thea: the awakening

Check the filename my man

Thea.

Thanks.
My bad. Just saw the date and stopped reading.

Thea.

So what does /civ4xg/ think of the upcoming Endless Space 2?

And by endless space 2, I mean massive space fish tits.

>reused AI
Already lost interest for it.

It looks fucking awful.

Guys, I want Stellaris to be good.

>Endless has a shit space game coming out
>Civ has a hyped up terrestrial game coming out
Well that was quite the reversal.

Too bad.

We know. You ask like every day if Stellaris is good yet. The answer is no. The answer will always be no.

Wait for stellaris 2.

>implying they'll get the ai functional even then

Dunno, the AI in CK2 is pretty brutal.

Seriously guys, I don't know why my AoWIII mods aren't working.

They are on the UserContent folder, the launcher detects them, they are enabled, yet the game does nothing with them.
The changes simply don't appear in-game, even though everything else seems to be fine.

What the fuck am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Is there a single space 4x game that does ground combat well?

What mods have you got enabled? They might be conflicting.

What RTS game have the best politics ?

Im NOT interested in army or war i just want to roleplay as Donald Trump and be a dick to everyone

Guys, I want BERT to be good.

I try running a single mod and not even that will work.

For example; I try using Triumphant Heroes (which only adds some custom-made heroes) all by itself. I place the .taf in UserContent and the Launcher detects it and puts it on the list, as well as placing the .taf inside a folder with some .acp and a .xml files, yet when I run the game none of these heroes appear.

I also try running Age of Wardrome, yet I still can't choose whatever clothing I want when creating/editing custom heroes.

It's pretty frustrating, since I can't find anything on the internet that points to other people having this same problem.

I'm kinda glad that Civ6 doesn't really have a ton of hype around it as much as just a sort of quiet, cautious optimism, I think it'll be good for the game's reception.

>RTS
>i just want to roleplay as Donald Trump and be a dick to everyone

Don't know about having the best politics, but Rise of Nations always seemed to me like one of the greatest RTS out there, along with AoE.

The diplomacy in Rise of Nations is pathetic.

What is it with BE health? Huge swathes of the game remain uncolonized because health is so hard to get up. Each city has positive health but the global health after a little warring and expansion is like -40.

Does BERT fix that?

I got the civ 4 bundle ages ago and I can't seem to find an answer to my question anywhere else but having problems getting Civ 4 Beyond the Sword to boot while all other expansions boot up fine, BTS just jumps to the Steam Store front page. Attempts to get it to run don't produce any sort of error message either.

Well, no RTS has good diplomacy so what the fuck do you want?They are twitch games aimed at spamming units and out-microing your opponents on the battlefield,not diplomacy sims.

Not him, just saying.

Even Star Ruler 2 has a more complex political system than Rise of Nations.

Guess I'm just gonna have to kill myself and hope than I can play modded AoW3 in my next life.

in BERT health is too easy to get and there is too much land to settle and too little competition for the best spots. the 4 health per deal trait can give you an easy 20 health really early, and paean can mostly erase unhealth going into the mid and lategame. even without those you can nearly erase unhealth early on with a few of the prosperity virtues.

>Leon

That he's a Professional.

>do cabbage field really spawn babies?

Spawn is not the best expression. Crafting materials not only influence the quality of a building, but certain ones have bonuses to attract specific creatures (e.g. Sandstone / Clay = Beasts, Gold = Dwarfs, Enchanted Bone = Demons, Dark Wood = Goblins, etc.)

Every turn there's a possibility that somebody join your town - you can influence this through planned building. The Cabbage Field has +1 Attract Children (and might +1 Attract Human) even with the worse materials, but you can easily pump it up or customize to your liking.

Keep in mind, you "only" has 10 slots. I prefer buildings that unlock extra classes, minus the Archery (Hunter) and Manger (+10 skill to children-turned-to-Gatherers, +Beast attraction). Blessed Tree Symbol / Blessed Paths is useful but there's better options, it's mostly extra comfort.

>getting far into a game of thea

literally how? Just keep powering through?

is Thea that hard?

bump