Guess what I finally got, bitches! E46 LSD (not M3), with 75/30% lock and short gear ratio...

Guess what I finally got, bitches! E46 LSD (not M3), with 75/30% lock and short gear ratio. My shitbox is finally ready to drift!

Nice! Really need an lsd for my z4 you're going to enjoy the fuck out of that diff Bmw's diffs are so amazing

Explain 75/30% to me.

I like my car to give 110%.

This to be honest

75% lock under pull and 30% under push.

>I FINALLY GOT A PART
this i exactly why i bought a done car

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh neat. Ok.

What did you have before, and where can you tell a difference (accel, decel, corners, etc)?

>not doing everything to your car yourself so it fits exactly your needs
>buying a car where you don't know what/where/when has been done to it
>not being a man

ISHYGDDT

>not just buying a car with all the same shit done to it
>plus more
>for less than what it would cost to do yourself
this isnt an issue of being a man, its an issue of being really really stupid with what little money you will ever get

>bought not built

>wasting an lsd when you could just weld it

A friend of mine bought a "tuned" car. The previous owner made the button for the rearwindow heater turn on the aftermarket fog lights. My friend didn't know it and accidentally turned on the fog lights and didn't know how to turn them off again so he had to disconnect the battery until he found out.
>things that don't happen to people who modify their cars themselves
Just one example

LSDs are literal shit. Wear out and act like open diffs. Its all about lockers baby tb h f am

It only goes up to 100 percent you fucking idiot

This lol

>welded dif on a DD

>I've only owned cars with shitty LSDs
Buy better cars bud.

All my trucks have lockers. Ive had 2 LSD cars (1 was clutch pack type, the other was spring loaded idk wtf those are called) ive also seen LSDs perform and they are shit. If one wheel is off the ground, the other wheel seems to get not power at all. I offroad a lot and LSDs are literal grabage, paying extra for nothing.

>thinks his BMW rear sub frame would still be one part after "drifting"
Just weld your diff. And weld while rear end all fuck together then

Usually, a car has an open diff. That means, if one wheel loses traction, almost all the power goes to the spinning wheel. That sucks. A locking differential will lock both wheels together, transferring a part of the power (75% in my case) to the good wheel aswell. You can get way more power on the road. I use it for drifting, you'll need to get both wheels to lose traction to drift properly.

Welded diff doesn't come close to a LSD when drifting.

>ive also seen LSDs perform and they are shit. If one wheel is off the ground, the other wheel seems to get not power at all.

You saw a torsen differential, they work like that.

My subframe is already reinforced, I know the car's issues.

Viscous vs clutch, learn something.