[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

FROIDAY NOIGHT EDITION

Also, cafe racers are bad and you should feel bad.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Are you new to motorcycles? Have a read:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

insidermonkey.com/blog/7-easiest-painless-ways-of-killing-yourselves-quickest-360388/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not refuelling.jpg

first for shit day

Honda the best

>"what's your final asking price?"
Asking price is in the ad cunt, if you want it cheaper make an offer.

that makes this day even worse

Help me /dbt/

I can afford one of these two but I can't choose which one to buy. I do have long racing gloves and I do have a regular visor but I really want short summergloves because it's getting really warm but I also want a black visor. Unfortunately a visor for my helmet is pretty expensive so they both cost around the same.

>Post add on craiglist
>suck dick for $1
>suck 160 dicks
>buy both things

Sounds promising, will consider

Why is his scoot so huge

The first one's always the hardest

What's the most reliable bike around 500cc?

>summer gloves

Get some generic fox gloves for 15€ on a sale somewhere, then get the visor.

Alternatively, use sunglasses under helmet.

If you must pick one of the two, get the visor. If you're riding in horrible heat (which is unlikely in any German speaking place) summer gloves won't save you from a miserable time anyway.

Also I rode 250km on this thing today. It's not very comfortable over longer distances. My bum hurts.

>5 weeks til SEM
>still barely have 150km riding experience
>all of it fair weather
>bike won't get transferred until next week

I'm gonna make it, but boy am I going to be cutting it close.

Everyone going to SEM please brush up on first aid, you'll get some live practice there

wr 125

Why don't race bikes have kickstands?

>SEM
>actually happening
weight savings and you don't stop the bike when racing

The bike has to stop eventually though.

Couldn't they just make a CF kickstand or something?

But how is he going to suck dick?

CF still weights more than nothing
and why would it have to stop?

Don't forget earbuds. Get a windshield if your bike is naked. Remember to drink plenty of fluids, dehydration can leave you with a nasty headache for hours later.. Stop every 2 hours to relax and stretch a bit. Don't forget to eat properly too. Try not to rush things too much.

Do not ride past your comfort zone to impress anyone else, it almost always ends badly.

FKG is cute, try not to drop your spaghetti too much.

Why would they? They're not needed on a racetrack and they have an entire team with paddocks back in the pits.

From my understanding there appear to be plenty of ways to advertise one's desire to suck dicks, I'm sure if user really wants to do that he'll figure something out.

You might need to stop next to one of the gravel sections to drain the lizard.

How cute

Evening /dbt/, went for a chilled evening ride to a local historic town with my 3D gf, what did you ride today?

Are Triumphs reliable?

>what did you ride today?

Ur mum, fagget!

Well memed friendo.

No, unless it's a good modern one.

>Queen Eliza 2 the second flag
>mfw in my municipality they raise the EU flag but not the flag of the actual fucking country its in
>should just willy up the pole and raise it myself

which user are you newstraightman?

CB500

>got a speeding ticket
>in process of losing my license
>car decided to only use 2 out of 4 cylinders
>also needs new clutch
>still have to pay TÜV money so I can make my A2
>inspection for TT in two weeks
>only have 700 bucks

That fucking image got me.

Also I only just noticed the flags looking back at the picture, rule Britannia and all that.

Do they come from Europe?

lmao, the 1980 BMW R65 I bought 3 weeks ago suddenly had no clutch movement. I drove 10 miles to the bike shop by hitting the kill switch every stop because I could not disengage the clutch what so ever. To start I would pull on the throttle while pressing the starter, popped a wheelie twice doing that. Thank God I was able to up shift easily so I could get on the highway. The shop owner told me that something is broken in the clutch and that I need to get it replaced (It's going to be ~$1k with labor...). He adjusted the clutch distance and said that it's still rideable just don't go hard. I'm going back when the parts arrive so I can get it fixed. Guess that's what I get with a 36 year old bike.

>Post add on craiglist
>suck dick for $1
>suck 5000 dicks
>buy new car

Noice bike user. Which one is it?

I rode innamountains today. It was alrite, I think I'm getting spoiled from all the scenic places around here.

we told you not buy piece of shit bikes just to look like gay hipstercuck

I feel your pain user, hopefully it all works out.

Thanks mane, it's a CBR500R.

Let's not tell him that he can access the clutch without even removing the engine from the bike.

I want to see him spend a grand plus labor on something that takes six bolts to get to.

He probably meant including labour m80boi

kek

I can't help that I have a fetish for 80s BMWs. I hate the way sports bikes look and this thing is a good first bike. I paid $2.8k for it so it's not like I'm crying over anything.

A new clutch kit costs $400-500. I'm not sure if the first job I do on the bike is the clutch. I'd rather not fuck that up.

>$2.8k
you got raped.

It was right on par with NADA pricing. And how poor are you? $2.8k is nothing

>~$1k

Has anyone started a bike that has been sitting for a few years? I was given a bike and we brought it over to my garage, in my truck. I replaced the oil and filter and drained and replaced the bad gas. My concern now is starting it without any oil on the piston rings etc, I'm sure it dried out. Would it be a good idea to just poor some oil in the cylinders, maybe a tablespoon, and let it sit for a while? How about some marine "storage fogging oil"? I have a can of it for my gas weed eater that I use to store it over the winter.

I like the bike and don't want to score the rings or trash the cylinders

Need some gear advice, I want to buy a Taichi jacket because it's priced really good for the protection but my friend said they're shit and Dainese is worth the money. What do?

>Craigslist
>Germany
thanks user, here are some name friends gfs tits

scenic as fuck.post moar

>$2.8k is nothing
for a broken 36yo german bike it is.

Even after a $1k clutch job it's $3.8k. I just checked craigslist, every other airhead is going for $5k+.

It's not because old. It's because gyro bike. Aggravated case of motorcycle not being keep japanese. Consider selling it

went on a ride with a friend and my dad

need to find better places to mount the cam though, windshield and rear fairing are way to shaky

>I hate the way sports bikes look and this thing is a good first bike. I paid $2.8k for it
No, Chuckles, a TU250X is a good first bike, and you can get one that's less than five years old for less than you paid for a broken, 36 year old piece of shit.

user, old vehicles, unless you're willing to work on them yourself, are a terrible choice. Learn to wrench and do a full service or that 1980 BMW will be an endless money pit. This is just the first of many things that will go wrong with it.

With that said, clutch replacement is super easy on a motorcycle.

>new clutch kit costs $400-500

I'm not sure if it could help you googling the prices for parts on your bike anyway, but I can get a complete rebuild kit for my Honda for 200 USD on the Internets. It appears you're getting ripped off.

I was impatient and got kinda mad with the low as fuck FOV on my phone, didn't take many pictures. I do have a video of some bikes, let me see if I can cook a webm.

honda a shit

Chin mount is always good if you can manage it.

Suzuki is Honda improved.

>suzuki is the discount honda

I used those gloves last summer, they are definitely comfy and fresh but to be honest they offer pretty much no protection.

Also the rubbery trims below index and middle finger peeled off after a couple rides.

Pretty ok gloves for chill commuting I guess. Think I paid like 50 euros at the dainese store last year.

>been riding for months now
>still haven't gotten laid
What the hell am I doing wrong guys, do girls only like sport bikes? I knew I shouldn't have become a cruisercuck

u wish, honda cuckboi

>not posting your bike to Tindr, PoF, AFF, MDC and netacougar

Literally impossible not to get laid with two wheels

I wish I could find all the parts for $200. Just checked ebay and used clutches and pressure plates are being sold for ~$100 each. I am mechanically inclined and have tooling and a torque wrench, but I've never done a clutch before and would rather have this back on the road since it's my only vehicle. I do plan on learning how to do all the maintenance myself, hopefully keeping it preventative.

is netacougar legit??

yeah I know, but I wanna do more than just first person stuff, still gotta buy gluepads for my new helmet though

sure lad ;)

Hey it actually turned out to be cooler than I expected webm.

No, you can't catch a cougar with a net, you need a tranq gun.

>it's my only vehicle
You spent $2800 on a questionable project bike and it's your only transportation?

Please kill yourself.

Buy some Racer Mickey gloves instead.

I own multiple cruisers and have a hot successful gf.
Your argument is invalid

Or my dick. just ask ur mum, fagget!

I live in a city and use a bicycle and the subway to get around. It's my only transportation to get out of the city.

nigger.

I like how the GSXR looks basically unchanged for the last 10 years? How do they even sell new ones, can just get an old one for a fraction of the price.

insidermonkey.com/blog/7-easiest-painless-ways-of-killing-yourselves-quickest-360388/

How about I just crash my bike into a wall. Why are you so salty about my decisions btw?

Lighten up, it's Friday.

Because that would damage someone else's property.

Someone who probably doesn't make retarded decisions.

because squids like to say "gixxer" every 10 seconds.

Because niggers buy them

Link doesn't work

I did figure as much that this is a ruse, but WHEN THE FUCK DOES IT CYCLE.

the only thing honda changed is the fairing and a remap that made it worse

Guys, I bought my first dirtbike!
Its a 2000 Husqvarna 250.
>turns out that mx gear in kinda expensive...

>meme actor

T.Hanks Mr unsuccessful

>buying a chainsaw brand dirtbike
wew lad

>successful
>cbr600rr

wew

it's actually a 1000

ohh shit your right. House a cool guy

honda a shit tho

>not riding a sewing machine

do you think he actually rides?
>honda a shit tho
tru

i dunno. Are there pictures of him actually riding?

turns out he does
>Hugh Laurie
Dr. Gregory House looks like he could use some seat time to relax. At least, real life Hugh Laurie does plenty of it, having developed a passion for motorcycles at the age of 16 when his father bought him his first one. Lucky bastard. His mindset while riding? "Driving a motorcycle is like flying. All your senses are alive," he told one publication. So what did he do after getting his first bonafide paycheck from the successful Fox drama? He bought a Triumph Bonneville to rocket around the Los Angeles streets.

>not riding a purebred motorsport company motorcycle like Kawasaki or Yamaha

Buying this tonight when the guy gets home in like an hour.
11k miles on it, clean needs nothing. New tires/chain&sprocket/oil change. Got him down to $2500 for it. Sound like an okay deal?

Also how long until I kill myself on it? Is there any chance of survival long enough to get through 1 tank of fuel?

Started riding in February on a 05 ninja 500 and got bored of it and sold it last week.