Peaceful times make soft men

>peaceful times make soft men
>harsh times make hard men

is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek_rifle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Very

I know something else that makes me hard. ;)

glass eye

are you the frog from /eiré/ on /int/?

Saoirse's fat as fug btw

>the social and material conditions of a particular society at a specific time period produces men of those social and material conditions of that particular society at that specific time period

Gee, ya think?

maybe

This

Stupid fucking thread. It's like people have no common sense.

Who's the girl on the bottom?

I was raised cushy as fuck and am way less of a timid pussy as my parents and grandparents, who actually spent time in the military and worked on farms. I'm sure some self hating milennial will have an explanation for that so it'll fit the narrative as well though.

Define 'timid pussy' and explain how you're not one.

>never stand up for yourself or others
>willing to accept shitty lot in life instead of trying to improve themselves or surroundings
>blame world/society for being little bitches who can't do anything on their own
>only vocalize problems to people too mentally, physically, or financially weak to do anything

Props to my grandpa on my nip side, at least he fought in a war and was a Soviet PoW for a few years before becoming an alcoholic mess.

I had this discussion once when I was in the army and we were meeting veterans from the regiments past as part of a centenary celebration. Interesting opinions were had but what really stuck out is that its not that my generation is necessarily softer but we've simply never been pushed.

That gets to the issue I find. When you see the hard/soft comparisons done its always of one luxurious empire against a people with their backs to the wall and of course the ones fighting to exist are going to prove tougher. Other things come into play like experience but people are malleable and adaptive whereas the will to survive and fight on is pretty fundamental.

you know the woman at the bttom is a total whore ?

>implying thick Sersh is bad
Gay af, son

>hard times make strong men
>strong men make good times
>good times make weak men
>weak men make hard times

How does this explain 20th century Germany?

Some are just born fags.

I was born alone and grew up as a fag and I became hard with time, but for most of my life I was a fag aswell. You can change it

I was in in the US Navy in 2004 as a green side hospital corpsman. You could make a real case that kids born in the 1980s lived in peaceful times, especially compared to Iraqis that had lived though constant, brutal warfare and a oppressive despot.

In every measure, the US marines I worked with were better warriors then anything they faced, and certainly were far more disciplined, aggressive and effective.

These were people fighting pretty fucking desperately for their tribe to come out on top in a place where if your tribe isn't the despotic leaders it is everyone's bitch and will be abused constantly. They saw it as an existential struggle, many of them were veterans of Iran-Iraq, and they were still little better then children compared to what they faced.

Germany got ganged up on pretty hard during their period of making "good times", at least for themselves. This analogy doesn't apply as well to the modern era and its tendency to punish aggression through coalitions and sanctions. In the past, this analogy probably very much held true.

>Props to my grandpa on my nip side
kys

does that mean Hitler was a soft little man?

>t. Chingchong pingpong or kwangook lee

Your people/culture a shit.

what are you talking about

I'm disparaging him for his nip ancestry

user, sorry to be a grammar Nazi but you've written 'bttom'.

You're meant to spell it 'top'.

Its always weak men and hard times in Germany.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Shut the fuck up, Takeshi. My grandpa shot 7 Japs in WWII with a shitty Chinese-made CKS rifle and he loved killing every single one of them. Fuck your stupid culture.

You think you're a tough motherfucker? I love how you disparage your grandparents or parents for being "weaker" than you are despite them growing up in probably far worse conditions. You're just a wannabe tough guy who has no idea what rough really is. It's one thing to be confident, but it's another to be a massive douchebag. Off yourself, you're a pathetic fucking waste of energy and resources.

>Be a weak pussy
>"My generation"

Stop depersonalizing your self hate

each makes men that wish to be the other

Daily reminder this is how Joan of Arc looked like

THICC

>dat gunt
Men died for this?

It's a simplification of what appears to be true.

In actuality, people who aren't pushed forward by necessity often never reach their true potential. For instance, if you take a man who has the capacity to become a brilliant thinker, yet do not nurture the innate ability, he will remain someone who is naturally talented but fail to rise to his greatest potential. Likewise, a man may be born with the capacity to become a strong, hardy individual, but if he never has the need or the desire, it's likely he'll forgo such a path of difficulty.

However, harsh conditions don't, in and of themselves, create great people out of everyone. There is a point where one man simply cannot improve any further, and additional hardship will not aid his development, but hinder it. For every man who takes up arms and fights in combat against an adversary becoming a hero or at least a true warrior, ten more do the same, but instead find themselves snuffed out as they reach their peak and can press no further. It's more accurate to say that harsh times removes those who could not thrive under the conditions and leaves only those fit to survive.

So it's more like natural selection coupled with difficult conditions rather than just an environmental factor alone that makes stronger people.

Generalized statement.

Yes, most modern men (and women, for that matter) are weak. We included, I would wage. But let's not forget that we still have a significant portion of the population who are capable of things even spartans would be amazed at.

Most modern athletes can beat their ancient counterparts in any kind of competition. Modern military are more capable than any ancient army ever deployed. Our soft times still see the birth of great men and women. It's just that we tend to overlook it and focus only on the billions of mediocre people that exist today.

Things is, the vast majority of the population was always mediocre. Do you believe every ancient roman was a killing machine able to wield a sword? Or that every greatest-generation man was a Medal of Honor recipient? For every god-tier military general out there, we have a million mediocre soldiers and a billion mediocre civillians.

There's weak and strong, hard and soft people everywhere, in every era. How though times are have very little influence in that. It's a mistake, like always, to believe there is something wrong in "our times".

sinic butthurt is breddy funny

>U TINK U TAFF MADAFAKA?? FAK U

I don't really understand the gist of your post. Were the sandniggers better fighters or were the marines?

Read his post again. The marines were better fighters than the Iraqis, despite the fact that the Iraqis grew up during years of warfare and existential tribal struggles.

the marines also were far better equipped and had access to air support.

It's not just that, it's the fact that Western military boot camp creates generally better soldiers, mentally, physically, and technically, than a life of being a tribal sand doodler.

lies

the afghans held out as long as the soviets were supplying them even after they pulled out.

Joan was never actually a fighter she was a glorified cheerleader.

>I am way less if a timid pussy in civilian life
Yeah, the explanation is that you're retarded.

CKS? I think you mean SKS.

>Chinese SKS
>WW2

No he didn't.

t. perfidious Albion

t. buttblasted anglo

Not him, but he obviously means this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek_rifle
It's just a Chinese K98k knock-off.

>So it's more like natural selection coupled with difficult conditions rather than just an environmental factor alone that makes stronger people.

I heard some theory that before the agricultural revolution most people were very high and strong and farming gave rise to the weaker to survive.

One man one woman for life Monogamy as well. It cages the genepool.

>> could easily have been some inadvertant shill for test pills or a muh paleo diet.

These guys like to prey on the worship of strong men, by weak and impressionable men. In reality, you're given a lot in life and that's what you've got to work with. It hardly matters what people were like 10k years ago.

Meant for
Anyways, Tribal isolation would have caged whatever genepool more than anything. Humanity has a more robust and varied genepool now, than it ever has since the bottleneck.

Weaker, yes, but think of all the cool shit we got since these whole city things have been around!

I agree things are better now. But some people want to go back to strangling they're own genetic potential.

If no one loses no one wins, and things stagnate.