Alright, anyone who owns the car on the top, try and name any good reason you didn't get the car on the bottom instead...

Alright, anyone who owns the car on the top, try and name any good reason you didn't get the car on the bottom instead. Anyone who did get the car on the bottom instead of the one on the top, congrats on your excellent taste.

>cheaper
>better looking
>faster
>handles better
>better engine
>people won't call you a fag for owning one
>just as reliable

Anyone who buys an MX5 over an RX7 shouldn't be on Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5644081461.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5624461857.html
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5621071836.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>better engine
not that much better when it comes to maintaining it. Also miatas are easy as hell to find and far cheaper then an rx-7 convertible. Somethin like 300,000 miatas in generation depicted sold around the world. about 10,000 rx-7 convertibles around? maybe 1/3 still on the road... I'm pulling this all out of my ass tho.

Also, a miata is farrrr cheaper when you compare the conditions of the two vehicles. good luck finding an rx-7 convertible in decent condition compared to a miata.

ahh fuck, ive been trolled. good job.

Just come to California if you want one, craigslist is overloaded with FC verts right now. Most of them are in pretty good condition too.

>convertible rx7
>better

>miata is far cheaper

A decent example of a vert RX7 in my area is between 4-5k, whereas a decent miata is no less than 5k. Can't compare mint examples since they're out of budget and I never see any.

except getting the convertible is pointless when the objectively superior hardtop FC exists dummy.

Honestly, I've been considering importing a vert to BC that's been cucked by cali emissions. How much are they going for down there for one that'd pass a safety inspection?

should i buy a convertible 240sx for RWD

Some people just want a cheap convertible that performs excellently. Having owned a hardtop and driven several verts, I can honestly say there's very little between them for the feel of the handling. Doesn't really feel any heavier, softer, or like the body is flexing much if at all compared to the coupe.

but what if you fucking hate convertibles but really want rwd because its better

Depends, usually around 4k usd or more for a decent example that's not completely trashed.

Well yeah, the coupe FC is even cheaper than the vert, and handles even better. Pretty sure OP was intentionally comparing convertibles, though.

Sure if you're lucky enough to find one, rarely see them on craigslist much.

>coupe fc is even cheaper
hahahahahahhuw

>people still think a dorito is hard to maintain

Top it up with oil every 5k. It's not fucking difficult.

FC convertibles aren't that common and usually more expensive than the hardtops.

Turbo II's are the only other FC that command a higher price.

Pricing in BC:

Coupe>>>Vert>>Miata=RX8>>>>>>Turbo2>>>>>JDM FD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LHD FD

>buying a convertible version of a car that came in a coupe
The Miata RF is the best thing to happen to the Miata since the 04 Mazdaspeed version. Don't know why Mazda has to be so retarded and never offer a real coupe version even though that's what's holding back so many people from buying one.

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5644081461.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5624461857.html

It's all trash

>convertible RX-7

i couldn't find any in my area, nor could i find any 240sxs.
life is suffering, especially with obd2.

>240SX

Try this instead miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5621071836.html

too rich for my blood

Then why the fuck would you be looking at a fuccboi miata in the first place? OP is right, literally no reason not to get an FC vert instead.

FCs in general aren't exactly the most common sports coupes in the world, and they're starting to accumulate rice tax.

Yeah, why not. I reckon we all need to own a convertible at some point in life. Maybe the weather will be nice enough someday to drive along the highway with the top down, or you'll take a qt girl out to the drive-in and watch a movie together.

It's that or a Miata.

But I fucking hate convertibles

Mostly because they don't need to. It was designed to be drop top roadster from day 1, and they clearly have no problems selling the things.

Not going to lie though, if they ever made a proper fastback coupe MX5 I'd definitely buy one. Especially since they haven't had a proper sports car on the market for years.

>a miata

Alright user, you're on the chopping block. Why the fuck would you get a miata over an FC?

You can still find an okay'sh N/A in my area for relatively cheap, but Turbo II's only pop up once in a blue moon.

They have accumulated rice tax but very slowly compared to other 80's Japanese sport coupes in part because it's rotary engine.

>MX5 same price as RX8

Do I want to look like a fag or do I want my engine to blow? Some of life's decisions are harder than others.

What anime is that from? Someone posted on here that my car reminds them of that character

So don't get one, then.

Dorito tax. I'll probably end up importing a FC someday for the sole purpose of owning a straight-piped 26B protestor deafener.

>civic
>mismatched body panels
>ricer rims
>track day headlight tape

>dont get one
I want RWD

Got car on top for 500 dollars

yup and you have decided to contribute your voice to drivetrain shitposting after doing so

Finance a BRZ or 86.

Flip burgers by day and rule the touge by night. Make your boyracer dreams a reality, user.

I'm too poor....

>dorito tax
Please explain

Also what kind of third world shithole do you live that you'd have to import an FC?

there is a man who knows what he wants in life

Nah, nothing bad to say about the RX-7. Given the chance to pick up one cheaply I would, just for the experience of ownership.

Aren't you that guy that hates FWD

No guts, no glory. Use your neetbux. Remember that fag in Initial D in the R32? He was probably living on cup noodles in an empty apartment in the shit part of Japan for months.

Australia. Cheap domestic ones disappear overnight. Jap imports and shipping cost fuckall in comparison to the lads who know what they've got.

Nope. I almost pulled the trigger on buying a 500 Abarth about a year or so ago. Never been much of one to sling shit in the RDW vs FWD debate

Are you saying RWD is the only way

That is amazing.

I won't say how, or why, just that it amazes me.

>Fresh roller rocker jap 2002 sr20de swap 67k miles
Manual limited slip lsd transmission and body 124k miles

what does he mean by this

please don't reply to that user, he just infinitely repeats his three question in every thread

Theyre both garbage. One looks like a cock smokers chariot and slow as a lawn mower and the other blows up faster than your mom can cum.

Seriously you're too fucking retarded if you pick either of the 2

>muh unreliable rotaree meme

3 months until summer ends.

When theres a smoke theres a blown up rotary engine
I dont expect you to get this.
Bfto

I drove an FB RX-7 before I got muh NB miats, I miss the braps and the omnipresent smell of rich exhaust, but I won't deny the miats is much more refined for daily driving. Quieter on the highway, much less squirrelly steering, and actually has more power for the weight. The cargo space in the rexxie was nice though, picked a friend up from the joliet train station once and stuck her in the back under a blanket (because polis)

>topping off oil and not changing it
Enjoy sludge fuckface

>FB
>loud, shitty steering, feels underpowered

No shit. The FC was a huge improvement. Completely redesigned steering rack so it isn't numb and squirrely as fuck, more power(especially with a T2), and definitely quieter. I mean, you can still BRAP in it, but when you're just cruising at 2500, it's pretty chill.

If you like the miata, you'd really like the FC, considering the miata is just a squashed FC with the best part taken out.

>more expensive
>better looking
>faster
>lighter
>handles better
>4 seats
>not very reliable
its an aut/o/ists dream

>Australia

Not gonna lie, I'm mad jelly. Australia seems to be the best place for dorito fans, especially if you want a custom engine. I don't know of any place in NA that custom builds streetable 3-4+ rotor engines.

LMAO ikno rite

Someone failed the dagumi

>>cheaper
No, FCs are about twice the money in my area
>>better looking
Eh, only if it's the coupe.
>>faster
I'll give you that. Only applies to tarbo FCs though.
>>handles better
Debatable. Many people find the active rear stearin g to be jarring near the limit. The convertible FC handles worse than the Miat for sure because it has NO structural rigidity. The coupe might come out on top though.
>>better engine
Let's say more powerful engine.
>>people won't call you a fag for owning one
I don't care about opinions that come from people who wear baseball caps backwards.
>>just as reliable
pic related

no, chassis too floppy

B T F O
T
F
O

there were quite a few rx7 convertibles on detroit craigslist a couple weeks ago, well priced, too
no dirt cheap hardtops though

>Buying a car with a rotary
Its like you want to spend most of your time on a tow truck.

>cheaper
wut... FCs where I live are either equally priced or more expensive than NAs.
>better looking
I like 'em both, fuck your shit.
>faster
One actual argument.
>handles better
IDK about that m8. I hear they handle p much the same. I wish an FC would show up to autox or something to compare with it but I guess they're all busy being broken down somewhere.
>better engine
Again IDK, almost every FC I see for sale has a fucked engine lmao - RIP. Cooler design, that's about it. Consumes a lot of oil and even more gas, so it's not efficient or "better" in that regard.
lol you insecure closetfag. Only time I ever hear it is on Veeky Forums. "Muh feelings!"
>just as reliable
1/10, legit laff'd at this

>Getting a convertible FC
dob geg, ob :DDDDD If I were going to buy an RX-7 (or any second car), it sure as fuck wouldn't be a convertible.

I'll have you know my FB was on the tow truck only once. That was probably also the fastest it had ever traveled for an extended period of time

>not wanting both

its like you don't like mazda

confirmed for not driving a convertible rx7

are you 14

The FC Rx-7 convertible weighs fucking 3,030 lbs.

That's AT LEAST 700lbs heavier than an NA miata.

AND it comes with a torqueless piece of shit n/a rotary engine.

>muh weight
Here we go...

>implying anybody should

you are a faggot, your opinion is invalid

>torqueless N/A rotary

Compared to the pathetic 4 bangers the miata had? Nice one.

they're both shit but at least one of them doesn't have to pull 3000lbs of weight

the word you're looking for is pigfat

Would buying a FC turbo II and using it as a daily driver be a good idea? I'd love to swap my miata for an FC, but me being a kinda broke college student that uses his car to drive to work clients on a daily bases makes my reliable miata a god send. any rotary friends can give their personal input on this?

They're definitely good to use as a DD. I used a dirt cheap beater RX7 as a DD for three years, and it was the most reliable car I've ever owned.

Not that user, but how do you deal with rotary stuff (i.e. warmups/cooldowns) with a daily driver? Are you fucked if you ever need to use it for short A to B stuff?

Depends on the condition and whether it's been maintained, chances are it will most likely throw issues down the line if it's been abused or neglected of service.

Unlike N/A's, turbocharged rotaries are generally known to be more finicky and require a little more attention to keep them running flawless. However the 13B-T equipped on the Turbo II isn't too demanding like the FD's and is documented as being more robust.

I'd recommend you have money stored away in case something goes awry or the engine needs rebuilding.

The only thing you need to remember is to make sure the engine is warmed up before you shut it off, and even if you forget and the engine floods, all fuel-injected RX7s have an anti-flooding system you can engage when you start it up. (when you're cranking it, hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor, it'll give full airflow but no fuel injection until it's running normally)

Also, don't cane it until it's warmed up, since the seals aren't quite making contact and you don't have proper compression until the engine is warm.

High idle speeds (1-3k RPM) are normal in a rotary when you start it cold, so nothing major to worry about there either. Usually takes like 5 minutes to reach operating temperature, so it's not a big deal if you're just going a few blocks away.

So basically it's not a huge deal at all unless you're driving literally five hundred feet to your neighbor's house?

Use your head user. You're a poor college student. Wait till you graduate and get a decent job before getting an RX-7.

Like I said, even then it's not a big deal. If the engine floods, just crank it until it starts. It WILL start.

Mine never flooded until i moved it around 6 feet in the garage. Ive ran it for 4 hours ive ran it for 4 minutes and no flooding. But less than a minute and it'll flood.

Here in Ohio we had the 1st gen ones selling on craigslist for like a grand, then summer came and hiked up all the prices again.

I can't wait to get my hands on one and give it some chevy power.

gr8b8m8

who else /nb miata/ here?

nope

No shit Sherlock. Why would I drive something that's about as floppy as Bernie Sanders' dick?

Ive owned both. I had a 90 rx7 vert 5 speed NA and a 99 mx5. The miata is the better car.