"Family Business" edition
youtube.com/watch?v=lv6mWA7OQiM
youtube.com/watch?v=LlsSj5Dev-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KK3V8hBKms0

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/NSUNSG/

>Discord group
discord.gg/0tYAz6VE2zJENjBI

>New to Storm and/or coming from "traditional" fighting games?
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/7766808/#Comment_7766808

>How to force a jump blocker to do something offensive
youtube.com/watch?v=pMPEHZjOTWo

>Naruto Abridged Series (best re-write):
overloke.imgur.com/

>Screenshot album
imgur.com/a/tiAWA/all

>/nsunsg/-approved fanfiction
docs.google.com/document/d/1IdKzPOFC6J_qhL-1BzyNEvVqhp73cD5oUGFVnqgbbEA/edit#

>Hall of Anal Devestation
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

>TLAnon's Patreon
patreon.com/TLAnon

>R20 GM's summaries of the game so far
dropbox.com/s/uds093rtywlm38k/Game Summaries.pdf?dl=0

>Naruto Artbooks, Music, Manga, etc.
pastebin.com/SmwKFShb

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

occasionallyisaystuff.tumblr.com/post/128366081257/linknic-source-hal-translation
kohaya7kae-13.deviantart.com/journal/Road-to-Charasuke-Drama-CD-Full-Translation-375234658
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>So you want a Naruto story that doesn't have shit characters?
Well, one that handles the characters better at any rate.
Possibly because Kishi didn't write them as extensively and there's more room for interpretation, I don't think there's too much wrong with the Konoha Rookies, with the obvious exception of Pinkshit and Sausage.

When you put it that way it makes more sense. If there was nothing going on but SoL stuff I'd probably drop it very quickly.

We live to see another thread.

>If there was nothing going on but SoL stuff I'd probably drop it very quickly.
I could see something being done not necessarily as a traditional linear story, but a collection of one-offs about individual characters or something. A day in the life sort of thing, and if you did it well enough, with a common element of, say, a genin Konohamaru doing some shit around town threading through and touching upon each, preferably subtly, it could be pretty interesting.

Not that I'm saying SoL doesn't tend to be garbage that ruins the premise. If it was JUST that, with nothing happening but people fucking around and having ramen, everything resolved by the end credits and nothing really getting done, I too would quit that.

There's a typeset cut into a bunch of images on tumblr: occasionallyisaystuff.tumblr.com/post/128366081257/linknic-source-hal-translation

There's some MenHina stuff in my queue, including one where Menma and RTN-Hinata meet normal Naruto and Hinata post-The Last.

>one where Menma and RTN-Hinata meet normal Naruto and Hinata post-The Last
Looking forward to it.

oh, i thought you closed your tumbler?

I didn't close it; I just stopped updating it. Everything there remains open for public viewing.

Holy shit Ino finally exploited her broken-ass ability. Ever since she has been introduced I've been amazed at how you can make someone who can take over minds looks so useless.

Yeah, that was a bright spot in the otherwise dreadful slog that is the War Arc.
When I say that not only Hinata, but Ino too could have made for a pretty decent heroine of the show, I refer to this stuff. Doing neat, surreal interrogation by invading people's mindscape a la Psychonauts, good combat moves and teamwork with body switching and generally being a reliable and friendly, but during downtime still very much 'silly teenage girl' type of character, well it would all have added up to something pretty great in a female lead with plenty of screentime and opportunities to shine and make creative use of her skills.

From the thumbnail I tough it was Chrom and Lucina

>Menma has both Sakura and Hinata on his dick in this universe
I can get why Sakura liked him because of his shitty attitude but what got Hinata to fall for him?

Daily reminder that Wankio x Fugetsu is a shit ship, Renya x Fugetsu strong

Well, the RtN universe is alternate in the way of how some people handle situations in their initial response, not in their deeper nature, or so it seems to me at least.

Now, where Hinata's difficult situation in the prime universe caused her to cave in and start a downward spiral, here Hinata seems to have done the other alternative, act the fuck out, filled with the same insecurities and self-loathing, manifesting as overly assertive, showing off whatever she's got, even sexually.

Where in the prime universe Naruto's spirit (not his acting out, but refusal to give up on his dreams) was what gave Hinata a ray of hope and an example to follow, here I could see Menma likewise giving an example of working hard, with a cool head towards one's dreams even if they seem distant instead of just alleviating the frustration caused by no progress towards those dreams.

>He needed 2 years after this to understand she loved him

Also, Tobi/Madara should have just launched a stake through Hinata when she started giving him the speech, Nardo wouldn't have bounced back from that.

>He needed 2 years after this to understand she loved him
I tend to dislike "headcanon" bullshit, but yeah I just pretend the Last happened a few spaghetti-dropping months after the war.
It'd make sense too as a much more recent example of how shit things can get, the destruction people bring with the wrong use of chakra.

On the other hand that would mean an actual kiss before both are over 18, and I think even just writing this I can hear Kishi RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from here.

>On the other hand that would mean an actual kiss before both are over 18
But he can kiss Sasuke at age 12 with no problems?

That's not romantic/sexual and apparently hilarious in Japan, so it gets a pass the same way Goku's dick does.

Obito was too busy remembering his own waifu.

Too bad Kishimoto would've shit all over her in the process. God, this entire series is one big loss of potential.

That makes sense.
Now I'm wondering what'll happen to Ino in that world since she doesn't have a Naruto. Everyone's kind of a dick.

What were Ino's inner problems again?

Ino wanted Sasuke's dick in some CD drama that came with the movie.

>Well, the RtN universe is alternate in the way of how some people handle situations in their initial response, not in their deeper nature, or so it seems to me at least.

Shikamaru seems literally retarded in the RtN universe, so that explanation doesn't quite work.

Not that you have lot to work with, since the "alternate reality" aspect seemed to be in play for at most 10 minutes of the movies runtime.

>>Shikamaru seems literally retarded in the RtN universe
Shit, you're right.

I guess I can wiggle around it by claiming Shikamaru's laziness aspect plays out in the prime universe by being smart enough to work out the path of least resistance, while in RtN it said 'fuck it' and made him into a complete retard who either just dies and gets to lazily decompose, or has kind people take care of him - which plays into why Chouji is the way he is, with all the bullying actually doing him good somehow.

Really though, it's a bit stupid to try and make sense of an obvious gimmick for one of the worst Nardo movies to begin with.

Makes sense.

Figures.

It's really not worth thinking about why the characters in an alternate universe act the way they are. You can just assume they were always like that. Environment probably doesn't really come heavily into play. Like with Shikamaru in the RtN universe for instance, we can assume most Nara's there are generally pretty stupid.

This is, so, so, so dumb.

I like the rest of the talk with the hokages, tho.

This was probably one of the biggest Uchiha dindu buttons in the fucking series.

The Uchiha cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Fuck off Tobirama

Are you the guy speedwatching?

I've only been speedwatching from the war arc up. Dropped the Manga a few years ago around this point. Unlike the other guy I'm more or less completely spoiled.

kohaya7kae-13.deviantart.com/journal/Road-to-Charasuke-Drama-CD-Full-Translation-375234658
doesn't seem like it.

It just struck me that this could be said of star trek as well. Why do I have to like series that are run into the ground by their creators?

Also -- the fuck? Why are these guys so fukken strong when they got owned by Sarutobi in part 1? At least make up an excuse, Kishi.

He wrote himself into a corner because power levels went off the fucking charts. He also made super Madara a thing after the many nights he spent masturbating over him.

You can tell it's a retcon, because Sandaime doesn't immediately start shitting his pants and panicking when those coffins show up..

But yet panics for Minato, who is weaker than the two of them.

He freaked out because Naruto would meet with his father

no he didn't
they were bound by a barrier and nobody had any idea how minato's jutsu worked at that time
this is a retarded implication that is only made possible by retcon shenanigans

Poor Sarutobi. He's the biggest of the dindunuffinrong-isation of the Uchiha.

>First gets revealed to be a supremely incompetent leader with Danzou running circles around him politically and being able to pull of outrageous plots that he shouldn't be able to. All because Kishimoto needed someone to divert the blame from Itachi and the Uchihas.
>Got his kind and wise reputation dragged through the mud, since by the end the characters are talking as if he approved of the Uchiha massacre rather than being unaware.
>went from being the canon strongest ninja ever to the second weakest hokage, probably weaker than most of the other kages we've seen in the story based on feats all because we needed Madara Uchiha.

*biggest victim

>Page 10

>GTA2
muh nigga

I wish the series has more of a focus on weapons. Yeah, having a lot of them is 10/10's thing, and you always have throwaway kunai and shuriken, but there's other stuff that could be used to spice up fights and for tech to work with. Say, a sword that cuts you, but has genjutsu embedded that not only brings the normal pain of a laceration, but something more subtle that you don't notice until too late.

> oh no the orphan child who has been bullied his whole life will finally meet a parent and have a semblance of closure! I must stop this at all costs!

I feel like it was more like Kishi didn't want it to happen, and wanted to hype the fourth Hokage at that point for some reason

He was also the one who didn't tell shit to Naruto about his dead parents and allowed everyone in the village to treat him like shit, the one who let Orochimaru escape after catching him in his evil lab, the one who told the Hyuuga head to go kill himself after killing some cloud fodder that tried to kidnap his daughter and the one who kept sending 12 year olds to fight in wars despite the village's whole purpose being to stop child soldiers.

No, she is a normal human person.

I genuinely don't know if the players are gonna go anywhere with it, though.

Reminder that dreams are things that mostly just get crushed.

Since you're here, R20: Will there be an evil organization or Akatsuki remnants/revival in your game?

bump

If not for the purple duct tape, I probably wouldn't be able to recognise who the fuck these people are meant to be.

>Sasuke: Oi, Sakura. Caesar Salad, is what you want, right?

Heh, nice foreshadowing

He really seized her salad, huh.

Why don't the other villages just gang up and destroy Konoha

They are literally the cause of every problem

Yes, but it won't be related to Akatsuki. It is much more insidious than Akatsuki was. Well, perhaps not an entire organisation. A familiar face makes a return.

Ramenguy finally launches his insidious plan?

Haha, nah, Teuchi is chill running his restaurant. He's approaching retirement age, though.

>Naruto gacha phone game has those literally who Stone fuckers from Kakashi Gaiden
>Doesn't have Kankuro or Temari
Fucking weird

>A familiar face makes a return.
Jashin's finest?

Why he is so brave and never forget his friends and principles?
Why he is so noble, abrasive and motivational like the sun?
Why he is so good looking? with his eyes blue like the sky and a hair more golden than his heart.
Why uzumaki naruto is so perfect?

Go to bed, Hinata.

I'm not going to say too much because I have a habit of giving too much away.

It's confirmation enough for me!

>Sasuke hypnotizing girls to make them forget about their dates with him

So sharingan date rape is how the Uchiha repopulated after the era of warring clans while the Senjews died off

He's supposed to be a typical American hero

You're going to be disappointed

Damn you.

>Sasuke calling every girl Koneko-chan since there are to many to remember.

No idea why this arc has such a bad reputation, It's been kind of awesome so far, especially when the Hokages started joining.

Also Tobirama is tsundere as fuck.

>bumping thread twice

I personally believe it got decent after Madara showed up and the focus shifted from "muh jobber alliance" to the legends of ninja past.

Even if it wasn't thematically appropiate because new generations and all that shit, I ended up liking Hashirama, Madara and Tobirama (also Minato) more than nearly everyone in the alliance.

Not to mention that there is when Naruto finally started trying to fuck Coolest Guy up rather than making sure that the alliance doesn't die.

LOOK AT THESE FUCKING JOBBERS

Nobody even uses them in the game!

>nobody uses kid lee
Wew lad

Isn't the top ten list of most used characters a bunch of Nardos and Sausages + Minato + Itachi + Shisui?

DLC of her when?

Never. She is one of the many Whos of this series

ded

I've heard one theory where RtN is just a mash up Sakura's and Naruto's wants and desires for their friends/teammates.

For what it's worth, it is his theory, a hypothesis.

Well yeah. "Orochimaru created ET," "The Sandaime is the strongest Hokage," "The Sandaime is the strongest Gokage," and the Senju brothers's power were always debated, more so when Itachi did his Madara explanation during his fight with Sasuke and erased entirely with Edo Madara was summoned.

KCM and BM aside, Minato and Tobirama are almost always placed in the same tier. Most match-ups favor Minato over Tobirama.

Who's the jobber on the right?

This

>>First gets revealed to be a supremely incompetent leader with Danzou running circles around him politically and being able to pull of outrageous plots that he shouldn't be able to. All because Kishimoto needed someone to divert the blame from Itachi and the Uchihas.
Danzou would have been a better leader desu

If it's not Deidara I'm dropping reading this game

Team 8 a best team.

Best fanfic as well

I can agree to that also, even if that statement has been a bit controversial here in the past.

R20 job squad is the best team

Those characters are written by amateurs, compared to the professional work of Kishi.
The R20 team has the unfair advantage of creativity and the writer of the character in question actually giving a fuck.

>professional work of Kishi.

He's getting paid for it. Doesn't have to mean he's actually any good.