/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General, aka /dsgg/ Dead Space Games

Waifu Edition
Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Ships
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/342113/connie-2-5-worthless-useless-defenseless-trash
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they can be useful if the pilot has them in mind, but one thing they could do is gyroscopics; keeping the turret centered on the world as much as possible rather than turning with the ship.

also, some of them are just plain shit. I dropped into the connie bottom gun last night and it was atrocious. it only gives you a little disk of space to see and shoot below the ship, rather than actually covering it's lower hemisphere.

1st 4 space hillary

>Waifu edition

First for Aisling

Braben needs to do some fan service and post a picture with feet

>if the pilot has them in mind

This is why the turrets will generally be useless if they're manned. Every ship I've been in with competent pilots has demonstrated that they need to be constantly twisting and turning to properly fight. It usually left me staring off into the vacuum of space or just out of reach for the person we were fighting.

Only time I can see it working is if the larger ships lose all their maneuverability but gain massive armor and turrets to make up for it.

Apart from stabilization they really need to give players some incentive to sit in a turret for potentially hours apart from a pair of shitty S1 or S2 guns. Upgrade to quad guns, add countermeasure launchers or ECM gear to turrets etc.. There are more than enough possibilities, but CR seems quite set on his WW2 in spess.

Turrets should just be relegated to large, slow ships, it seems like the only time they'd actually be useful.

I agree, we should space Hillary.

no one got dubs so reposting

dubs tells me what ship to fly
nothing more than 169 million credits

what needs to happen is for pilots to have their ship in mind and change their playstyle. The retaliator is covered in turrets, correct? therefore it should focus on being as far from targets as possible and staying steady to allow as many guns to maintain focus as they can. where it's pointed is not particularly important until something needs to be torpedoed. so it should be max speed and not twisting or turning much ideally.
the connie which actually has pilot guns and missiles would be somewhere between this and the typical dogfighting duck n weave.

I think the current nerf of the connie's turning capability might be an attempt to shuffle people towards a more successful playstyle than trying to be a giant hornet.

some friends playing the other night said they had a blast fighting off multiple fighters with their connie turrets around grimhex, and they not only survived to escape but actually killed at least one.

nth for RNG

>Be me
>Try open for the first time for shits n giggles
>Rolling in my modded Corvette
>Interdicted by some FAS that opens fire immediately
>Oho.. well combat time...
>A few pot shots and his shields go down, he fails at ramming and ends up at 70% hull
>Que rapidly receding FAS into the distance followed by high wake

Can anyone else figure out what this guy thought? Wasn't even carrying cargo (not that he checked.) I'm just trying to understand his decision making process at this point.

can't really blame people for calling this a cult 2bh

Where can I view prices?

>aka /dsgg/
dark souls general general

My waifu can beat up your waifu.

fuck, I feel so dirty

feet are for walking

>what is google

>Turning capability

Does it have the ability to roll quickly? That's also an issue. For example, my experience manning a turret in a cutlass was terrible.

There are no dubs on Veeky Forums you dingus.

elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

ive never actually won that thing

The house always wins.

78mil

Enough for a decent python?

I have only won on shit that was unintentional. Got thermal cascade missiles and phasing sequence pulse when just trying to do recipes to unlock the next tier

Best ship

What do you want to do with it?

Literally the only interaction players can have with each other in Open is killing.

nowhere near

try 200

grind rank until I can get clipper

Probably do hauling missions out in the boonies for now. It doesn't need to be very buff except for the occasional npc

>Hoping I win a Cutlass so I can CCU it to freelancer for 10 bucks

Man, I didn't like the Freelancer at first but something about it has won me over.

Yeah true, I just thought that, based on his ship, he would have picked an objectively easier target.

>they actually built all this out
>you just can't get up and explore it
that looks like the most frustrating fucking thing imaginable. it actually looks like a pretty nice cockpit that would be really cool to hang out in. but you can only see it in your peripheral vision.

Not entirely true. I've played as a rear gunner for a Freelancer and positioning is not really an issue since I'm not very restricted in where I can shoot, which is everywhere but something directly below or below and in front of the ship, in which case the pilot needs to readjust so he can shoot anyway.

Not enough if the 47m includes the ship plus rebuy. Empire rank grinding can be done in a Hauler, really. You'd probably have to run away/combat log more often than you'd like with that kind of Python.

I got 300 bucks to spend
I'm loving elite dangerous, just got it, but I got no joystick or anything, what one should I get?

I met a dad in a python once and he tried RPing with me, was pretty cool, dude sounded like a 35 year old british lumberjack, no homo

I mentioned in another comment but I was top gunner for a cutlass and it was terrible. Also top gunner for a connie, also terrible. Having to rely on the pilot to be conscious of the turrets at all times is just bad design for a defensive mechanism.

>300

Save 50-100 more and wait for a warthog to go on sale if you absolute need HOTAS

Incorrect.

>Mining together boosts profits
>Undermining in a full group nets you four times the merits
>Conflict Zone fighting in a group makes shit loads of cash.

The only part of group play that's bad is bounty hunting.

What's the actual weapon hardpoints for an Aurora LN? It used to be 1-1-3-3, then it became 1-1-2-2, but the site now lists 2-2-2-2?

it's literally a space pickup truck with guns

what's not to like

>cut a high FPS webm to show off the improved framerate during private-server hijinks
>watched the vid after and it was jerky and shit
>assumed it just didn't save right
>watched it again today and it's fine
>my computer just failed to play it well at the time because it was struggling with SC in the background

>47m
78m. Sothis has fried my brain.

>You'd probably have to run away/combat log more often than you'd like with that kind of Python.

Yeah thats what I thought. its 78 mil actually.

I was thinking 6A thrusters and a decent drive, guns, maybe a shield and leave the rest stock for now. Literally 2 days away from baron and now with all that dosh I'm itching for a new ship

Happens to me with Hearthstone

I was disappointed when I went up that dead-end hallway too.

>my computer just failed to play it well at the time because it was struggling with SC in the background

Are you using a toaster?

I wish stopping and starting wasn't so ass in this
Looks like a fucking peacock

Large ships like the Connie aren't meant to be maneuvered against small targets. The idea of having manned turrets in different parts of the ship is that wherever the fighters are, you can always pick at them even without using the main cannons. The only thing CIG needed to do better was to place the turrets better so there aren't any major blindspots and the turrets' view overlapped as much as possible for concentrated fire..

>maybe a shield
Naw, not after the Engineers update. Shields are a must just to absorb damage while you make a getaway. Getting pounded while charging FSD is absolutely nasty these days, what with all the new weaponry the NPCs are sporting.

I'd gather money for a bit before buying. It also feels a lot better to get into a decently-rated new ship from an older ship.

Remember space Chinadude for a discount on that Python hull, too.

>Aren't meant to be

Just because they aren't meant to be didn't stop them.

this

there is no use for manned turrets in ships like SH, Gladi, cutlass or Freelancer.

yeah I'll upgrade my Asp instead and grind dat rank before I buy the clipper

I'm still hoping they give the Constellation the ability to swap out the deathtrap fighter with a manned turret. That fighter slot is in the exact perfect spot for a turret to protect the ship's ass.

kek

I think the old stop/start thing Illfonic had so much trouble with will probably be in 2.6, so FPS will feel a lot smoother.

yes

oh fuck There's a BRRRT plane replica?
God damn I think I'll just hold out till next paycheck and get that shit

Get out of here with your logic and reason, Elite is literally single player.

I'd say they're useful on the freelancer since it's nice to be able to give a response to anyone trying to attack you from behind as you're hauling cargo or something. Whether you're going to try to fight or flight, having a counter to that massive blindspot is invaluable -especially when the ship itself isn't very maneuverable. It's pretty secondary on the cutlass and entirely a selling gimmick on the SH.

>Some dude in my town had this listed for 100 bucks on ebay

I'm still mad

>all this reasonable debate about Connie turrets ITT

Meanwhile, on RSI forums:
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/342113/connie-2-5-worthless-useless-defenseless-trash
>supposed to be the Millennium Falcon
>Superiority platform
>they should never inflict such a heavy handed nerf on an iconic ship
>Chris is gonna vomit

Remote control turrets would give the copilots of these ships something to actually do.

The RSI forums are a cesspool. I only visit them to read dev posts.

is there a reason empire people have blue hair?

how come you can't rent a freelancer? Can you fly one in AC?

Yes. I don't know why they don't let you...maybe renting is only for specialized combat/racing ships? But then again the Aurora, 300i etc. are also available and they're not specialized at all.

So trade bonus does work now? Is that the mining together?

I know one guy can fly cover for the miner....but i dont know how else group mining would work

>do the CG
>Aisling Duval ships errywhere

Absolutely disgusting.

decadence

Are there going to be planets that have ACTUAL INDOOR LIGHTS in the finished Star Citizen? The preview video of that one town was worrying.

what town?

the procedural tech is unfinished

arccorp and levski have lots of lights

>Superiority platform
they haven't changed I see

They still don't understand that "space superiority" is a role and not a measure of excellence.

jesus christ that picrelated post, that cringe

FUGG :D:D:DXDXD

you can say he has atleast 2 connies

Rate ED idea

those who get to king or max fed rank should be able to stake out a claim on a system beyond the bubble for their respective faction - all but independent plus shitloads of stuff to do to keep the place running not die of famine, other players messing with your shit

that could easily be RNG based like fdev likes it and give you shit to do

Seems both forums are pretty bad.

>it is MEANT to excel at whatever
>,,,

No seriously what the fuck is
",,,"
supposed to be?

I keep seeing it and I don't know why
It doesn't matter how hard I try, I just can't understand it, it's so unreal that someone would think that's acceptable.

I'm half considering finding that thread and telling him what air superiority actually means.

Desu I agree with this. Let the Connie be a platform that can be modified to different roles. The only real issue is the only other ship we have in the connie size area (between freelancer and Caterpillar) is the retaliator and it's not as modular desu

Jack of all trades master of tone, it can't do multible roles at once when it's been modified to a role

What do I swap my Phoenix for in the sale

Already have a Carrack

But that's not what he's saying. He's saying the Constellation should win in combat against certain ships, even en masse, regardless of pilot ability... Which is horseshit.

He's also saying it should be the best exploration ship when modified, and the best cargo ship when modified, and the best combat ship when modified. That's absolutely counter to the entire idea of Star Citizen.

Microtech too

desu baka senpai

Just got ED and while it's taken me a little bit of time to get used to things I think I'd enjoy it, especially when I get a ship I actually like.

Any tips for not being so goddamn inaccurate in the highspeed mode? If I keep my engines slower I take forever to get anywhere. I mean like each second of the ETA counter taking about fifteen to tick down.

Also the docking has been a bit of a tit on me, lost me a bonus that would have tripled my pay for a job since apparently I can only land facing one direction.

>master of tone

I don't think spaceships have muscles or vocal cords...

that 'town' was an abandoned mine full of outlaws. it's dark on purpose. look at some Microtech or Terra concepts if it's too dark for yet, hell look at the revel & york hangar now

If the avenger commercial isnt some sort of blues brothers parody Ill be very disappointed.

People like these are the reason P2W shovelware is successful

Put your throttle at the very bottom of the blue indicator, but still inside it. You'll almost never miss.

>Inaccurate

You point at the target you want in supercruise, set acceleration to max. Find the 75% acceleration keybind. Assign that. When you get 7 seconds away you press that keybind.

Set your 1-4 keys to be 25% throttle increments. When you hit 6-7 seconds eta drop to 75% throttle.

This guy must be shitting himself now or he traded off his win ship already.

The flying meth lab/hospital

He just wants to send you to the insurance screen.

He's a shitter though. FAS is for ramming smaller ships, not vettes. You're supposed to dance around the bigger ships but he clearly fails at that.

I cant wait for the asspain to reverberate throughout the universe when some connie fag rolls up on an unmapped jump point just to get a warning saying his ship exceeds the estimated capacity of the point and is forced to watch as a freelancer and 315p roll up and jump right in.

Even though I hate the connie, I want it to fly better. If for no other reason than if the connie flies that badly, then the ship I'd actually want like the catapillar, carrack or merchantman would be even worse.

I really don't want the cutlass and freelancer to be largest ships I can actually tolerate flying in this game.

>Fly better

What do you mean by fly better?

I have a loaner connie, flew it for the first time last night

it's just fine, and flies exactly how I'd expect a ship of it's size to move, even after this 'nerf'. these shits are crying over absolutely nothing, the flight model just makes sense now, and they're upset they can no longer 360 missilescope gladii in their RV camper van.
I say this as someone who's only ship is a Caterpillar, and expecting it to be much slower; the Constellation is fine.

The painwave will be phenomenal when they get dunked by a heavy fighter that fit specifically for melting ships in the Connie size area.

100th for pretty lights