Cars you know are not the best, but you still want one anyways

Cars you know are not the best, but you still want one anyways.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LADDbc--Iew
youtube.com/watch?v=KHpSsf9AeJU
youtube.com/watch?v=i5xVlLxfkBs
youtube.com/watch?v=mt4aFgZRF5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 everyone say corvette or snek

Why is GM so good at that? Very rarely is anything they make best in class, but it just seems like most things they make have a spark that makes you want one.
Pic related. I know a Camry or Accord is better. I like the N-body chassis, and the fact you can throw aftermarket support at it while being different from everyone else. Plus I like the looks and think it'd be a great sleeper if you built the V6 up.

I always loved Saturns. My grandparents used to live close to a US army base in Germany and even though I was 8 years old and I had no idea what it was, I thought they were really cool and futuristic. Too bad I can't really find one for sale here.

Also the Oldsmobile Intrigue and the Ford Five Hundred.

Look how much I care.

That Saturn sedan on the Left.
Id like to DD one and buy some parts to allow it to turn and brake well.
Would be laff

one of the rare 5 speed manual Lincoln LS's or a Chrysler Crossfire

promise you guys I'm not black either

I DD a sl1 like the silver sedan pictured, it gets god mode mpgs even at 240k miles. Doesn't have power steering though.

Mk.III GTI 20V

OP, some compact car street racing magazine built one of those in the early 2000s. 40 mpg, a flat 15-second quarter mile, and whooped just about everything in autox. They're very light, and the DOHC responds well to breather mods.

That said, a Swift GTi would be silly fun to DD.

>OP, some compact car street racing magazine built one of those in the early 2000s. 40 mpg, a flat 15-second quarter mile, and whooped just about everything in autox.
link to article? I'd love to read that.

My dagumi car

OP told to post cars that are NOT best, didn't tell you to post THE best.

I want to read that article.

I had a 5 speed version of one of those. was a lot of fun, but dismally slow

Assmad gm fangril detected

I still hope, one day she would be mine

any car in this thread but with an LS swap in fwd orientation (LS4)

You cared enough to reply. Loving gm tears

My dad had a 95 Saturn SC1 or whatever with the 5 speed. was pretty fun

For a while I wanted one of these chrysler sebring coupes with the v6 5 speed manual. From what I read on wiki the platform is the same as the eclipse/stratus of the same era

I really want an RX3 or 4, but an FB RX7 is the cheapest rotary I can buy. I'm lining myself up to buy one before this spring. Trying to not buy it with a loan, so I can immediately get to work tuning it.

The Hellcats.

I fucking love these things. The V6 version sounds awesome.

The 3.1 V6 is a piece of shit. Trying to add any more power would make it overheat like a bad motherfucker. If they made them with the 3.8 though it would be a beautiful shitbox sleeper.

I've always liked BMWs, I know they're shit to own but something about an m3 just seems so nice.

>The 3.1 V6 is a piece of shit. Trying to add any more power would make it overheat like a bad motherfucker.
I can get into an argument about how shit the 3.8 was. The 3100 and 3400 have better designs for power and weight. It was actually cheaper for GM to make the 3800 since it was a hunk of iron block, iron head pigshit from the 1960's The 3100/3400 were designed as a V6 from the start, are balanced internally, feature splayed valves and aluminum heads that actually outflor even those of the supercharged 3800.
The 3100/3400 make more power for their displacement N/A. The 60* V6's can make some decent power numbers while staying N/A. The 3800 can't do that.
>But it'll overheat
lies. Just replace the head gaskets and intake gaskets with aftermarket felpro units and it solves that problem permanently. 3800s were known for those same issues. Besides. The 3100/3400 cars never had a recall issued for catching on fucking fire. pic related.
>but muh superior aftermarket support
and your shit design, shit sound, and shit firing order.

Fuck off. The 3800 is an overweight, underpowered, unbalanced hunk of shit.

oh god
had to put up with one like the red one

it was a colossal piece of shit

I like mitsu galants

There's always that one GTR fag who thinks his opinion matters.

I want one, they're by no means the best car but I want one.

I know they're fragile moneypits, but God dammit i want one.

i mean you're just mad because your trash brand can't compete with a superior car

Forgot pic

>Yfw his brand is Mazda who actually won LeMans and didn't bring a FWD car to compete in LeMans

>People think FWD was the problem with that car

I have a Fox actually

>slower than GTE class cars

>being so assmad and a massive inferiority complex they have to go into every topic to shitpost about the GTR
>looks disgusting despite being fast
>looks nothing like the dank Skylines of old
>is pigfat
>probably don't even own one

Who cares. Literally, who cares. Stop posting, Alphonse.

Now here's my contribution to the topic. Pigfat but I love it no matter fucking what despite all of it's drawbacks. Sexy car.

Cuz my mpg

You should be able to find a decent one for $2k. Keep it stock for a while, they're so much fun as is. As long as you have the patience to wait for one in good condition, it'll last you quite a while.

Vette. Sideways everywhere.

Had a 2010 XFE for a while. Put 60K on it and it got insane gas mileage. If you were soft on the throttle you could easily pass 50 mpg on the highway.

My only problem is saving up the initial investment. I've got the last of a debt to pay off. So once that's cleared, I'm going to SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING in the fall and really get to work on getting the RX7. I also want to save up a little cushion in case something goes wrong with it.

this is bait or
arguing over gm shit heaps
jesus christ

not bait.
Bow down to your 60* pushrod overlord!

GM drivers aren't known for being intellectuals

3rd gen camaro
Are they really that bad?

>Are they really that bad?
no.

neither are BMW drivers.

Why the fuck would you want this ultimate shitbox?

My friend bought one of these, it sat broken in his garage for over a year.

Did he ever get it running?

Forget to take your meds, cletus?

>Cars you know are not the best
early generation saturns are probably the one of the best economical daily drivers.

>tfw I've actually driven one and found it to be extremely fun to drive

hold mah tofu water and watch this shit.

Was my 2nd car after wrecking my fox body. Fox body was superior. That said, it'll always have a special place in my heart.

>Fox body was superior.
in a straight line. The Fox couldn't hold a candle to the handling of the F-bodies.

gt86. Don't give a fuck, I'll take my entry level "sports" car and like it.

This guy knows whats up

Fuck me if I know what its good for, nothing will convince me not to buy this if I have the chance.

:(

Not the other poster but being a condescending nigger on the Internet is only good for your silly self approval. Who cares if he likes it or not. It's an OPINION.

My non-nigga! I love those cars too. The 5 speed ones!!

Im not a neegro either

See

It has been discussed many times.

ite, the car I'm scopin out
mine will be shit tier but this is what the money pit looks like at the end of the road
>b15 sentra spec V

>Also the Oldsmobile Intrigue and the Ford Five Hundred.
>Oldsmobile
>not the best

There's few things I'd want more than a mint first gen Aurora. The car people liked so much they made EVERY OTHER OLDSMOBILE look like it.

I had a PoS 99 Grand Am when I was 19, now I want to find a clean shell and do a sleeper build.

>forgot pic

I like the front end of the second gens a lot more, but that first gen ass end... it does things to me.

Zozzle

comparing handling between a 80s foxbody and a turd gen is like choosing whether or not your uncle tastes better than your father.

My nigga

I like Eclipse cars, maybe because they're discontinued
I saw this yellow one a while back and I kinda fell in love with it. Too bad I'm straight

Gm fangrils on full butt devasted today.

Nothing new

Gtr is objectively superior than lol cant turn shitvette

My grandpa has two (and he lives in Eastern Europe). Not even kidding. It's a long story though.

I'd love to get a challenger, but I don't like the touchscreen and high belt line/pig fat. If they offered one without the touchscreen, and made it skinnier/slimmer, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

everyone saying mitsubishi cars are shit

are they? I thought they were as good as toyotas

Ausfag here

They ok reliabilitywise if you can find one without shit mods. Given this was a car that sold for 90,000 usd back in the day.

Dude fuck yes. I want one so bad

Hey mate, they aren't that bad if you get the gt v6. I like mine, pic related.

If you want to modify though, You avoid the V6 and get the 4 cylinder.

I found some things.
youtube.com/watch?v=LADDbc--Iew
youtube.com/watch?v=KHpSsf9AeJU
youtube.com/watch?v=i5xVlLxfkBs
youtube.com/watch?v=mt4aFgZRF5c

It depends, I currently make 256 whp and am getting it supercharged soon with a RIPP kit. It isn't that hard to make power with either, you just need to get a LSD to negate the FF BS.

MK2 and MK1 Toyota Celica Supra/Celica XX

I honestly don't care for the 3rd and 4th generation Supras most people drool over.
I have a thing for wedge-shaped sports car.

Gotta have

I forgot to mention that I know the car is nice and all but I feel that being that it is a successor to the Gen 3 Eclipse which gets hated on here for being the weakest of all gens is what gives the name Eclipse a "meh" look.
I personally like my 2003 Eclipse GTS but I wish I had a Gen 4 max trim model like that yellow one (it's me liking the yellow color that makes me want to say No Homo)

Here's one of my N13s

You and me both! A 1UZ/R154 swapped MKII would be a dream.

2003 Infiniti M45

Always like the clean lines of these cars. Not sure if they're considered bad cars. I still see the odd one on the street. Not that 'VIP' crap though. Fucking nigger car.

Any pre-1995 Japanese econobox with performance trim, but especially the Sentra SE-R (B13)

Prelude.
Twingo.
Trabant.