Could Trump be a modern day Hadrian?

Could Trump be a modern day Hadrian?

>Likes to build things
>Likes wall
>hated by the Senate and aristocratic class
>Avoids war through negotiation
>Talks big militarily
>Popular among the pleb

If so, could this be ushering in America's golden age?

Other urls found in this thread:

mundusmillennialis.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Towers_Istanbul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hadrian was the successor of Trajan who was a good emperor that defeated Persia and got loot from Dacia. Trump would be the successor of of two buffoons who haven't really helped America in any significant way. That's why Trump is always compared to Caeser since he's a populist when the system appears to be on the verge of collapse.

>Trump
>Popular among the pleb

That why he is losing in Georgia Pennsylvania Virginia and Florida, big swing states?

Don't worry, Julian Assange will save Trump's campaign in October.

>Believing in bias polls

But seriously Trump is probably going to win. He seems to surge and surpass Hillary in polls whenever something major happens. There's going to be a terrorist attack in November and trump is going to win.

>Georgia
>swing state

Wow.

>Popular among the pleb

Trump is literally the most disliked major party candidate of all time.

Is the big leak he's holding onto going to be that Trump was planted by Hillary to rig the election in her favor?

I'm actually hoping that Trump gets wiped out in November, precisely so that I can go on /pol/ and shitpost.

Georgia isn't usually a swing state. But he managed to make it one

The shitposting will be great either way. The perfect meme election is in place.

Definitely worth the thousands of deaths in the Middle East that will follow should Hillary win.

As someone who voted Trump in the primary, I increasingly start to believe this is actually true. In the past few weeks he's been fucking up so bad and clearly doing it on purpose, like one mishap after another.

Like he had a rally in some place in Virginia not that long ago and his speech was absolutely nonsensical, he was telling the people in there how their place is a mess and how poor and lousy it is and how he's gonna fix it, except it was literally the richest county in the US. No fucking way you do shit like this by accident.

Yeah, but if Trump goes down hard the entire rest of the site is going to unleash 19 months of annoyance and aggravation on /pol/. It will probably be the hardest any single board has ever been BTFO, even accounting for April Furs' Day. I can't wait.

You saying you want a terrorist attack?

GA is almost never a swing state, the last time they elected a Democrat was in '92 with Clinton.

This is why I hate both /pol/acks and your kind, literal children's mentality when people don't actually care about what happens, they only want to shitpost and spam memes.

Maybe...

Yea it's almost never one but the polls show the results are close. A usually fairly red state becoming a close state isn't good for Trump at all. So it's kinda became a swing state for this election.

All of his speeches have been nonsensical from the beginning. Never has a candidate cared less whether anything he was saying was true or even coherent.

Oh, I also think Trump would be bad for the country. Hillary will be bad for the Middle East and for Russia, but she'll be better for the USA than Trump. It's just that seeing /pol/ get anally annihilated would be an awfully nice side benefit.

>Hillary will be good for Saudi Arabia and Israel

fixed

Isn't Trump the one saying America first? Hillary is more likely to intervene in places like Syria against Assad and escalate tensions with Russia. One candidate is for war and the other for American preservation.

USA was always good for Arabia and Israel

>always

Nope, only since the 70s. Moreover Trump is the only person wanting to negotiate with Iran and Russia and slight the Saudis, I'm all for that. People always meme about the Jews controlling American politics but it really is the Saudis, like half of congress and senate is probably on Saudi payroll.

If we're going to destabilize the Middle East I'd rather it be for a reason and not just because it will make the headlines.

But trump is just a populist
He won't reform the republic into an empire
If hillary wins however, then there will be a ceasar like figure in a few years and he will destroy the republic since the majority will feel like they are no longer represented by the "senat"
Just my opinion of course

>Trump isn't for war
What do you think he's going to use that increased military budget for? Just leaving soldiers standing around?

Protip: Whenever a politician talks about "bombing ISIS", they are actually planning on sending airstrikes against the Syrian government. Whether ISIS is a direct creation of the West or not, it is most certainly a convenience for the West against the Syria-Iran-Russia-Hezbollah pact.

>say
He says a lot of things. The best things. Many people are saying he says the best things.

> escalate tensions with Russia. One candidate is for war and the other for American preservation.
In other words he wants to submit to Putin and cede the role of world hegemon to Russia.

We're destabilizing the Middle East on Saudi command, frankly. The Iraq war made absolutely no sense from our perspective.

Trump is friendly towards Russia though. Attacking Assad or Iran would be against his interest with Russia and Outin as an ally.

>he wants to submit to Putin and cede the role of world hegemon to Russia.

This is just fear mongering and even then it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I think a lot of westerners are being really naive about Russia. Russians don't believe in equal partnership, they're either the master or the bitch, other forms or relationship might as well not exist for them.

>Trump is friendly towards Russia though
And Bush Sr. said "read my lips".

Machiavelli should have taught you that politicians aren't to be trusted, especially when they are global businessmen too.

This.
Many of his speeches read like works of postmodern literature, except that they are saying absolutely nothing.
Pic very much fucking related

Hitler-dubs confirm.

How naive are you? Virtual every state that has the ability to be a world power wants to be a world power. It's like you actually believe the white man's burden is a burden.

Meh. America's been the world power ever since we went into WW2 and where has it gotten us over the past 60 years? Drowning in debt having to be everywhere all the time. Stuff like interventions in Libya nothing but a strain on the US and its people.

This is the only on-topic post in the whole thread. And people wonder why politics are usually banned from other boards.

Except Trump's tax plan (the most important aspect of any presidential election that the media never mentions) serves the rich. He ain't my Caesar.

How could land reforms help America like it helped Rome?

>America's been the world power ever since we went into WW2 and where has it gotten us over the past 60 years?
In a pretty damn good place most other countries would love to be in.

>Drowning in debt
It mean's we get an almost limitless line of credit, there's no EU to demand austerity from us, and people consider US currency safe despite the massive debt, and if we default we bring everyone else down with us.

>Stuff like interventions in Libya nothing but a strain on the US and its people.
It might not be good for you, but it's good for certain power brokers.

>where has it gotten us over the past 60 years?

Rich as fuck?

You owe your wealth to American imperialism. American corporations get good deals over 3rd world resources and oil rich companies prop up US currency with the petrodollar.

>muh petrodollar

I remember one thread where user asked about the petrodollar on Veeky Forums and got thoroughly BTFO, too bad I didn't screencap it.

ITT all but 2 posts completely ignore the OP and spout their political bullshit.

If only there was a board for that...

For those who are concerned the Saudis and Israelis control us for the same reason.

>Saudis can vent extremists who would destabilize their rule and control over other countries to Israel

>Israel can unite Jews worldwide and home against terrorism

Too bad Europe gets raped and murdered

And rather than contribute to the discussion you'd rather shitpost, making you part of the problem

Is it a shitpost if its the truth?

Huh really makes you think

It's a thread about Donald Trump. Did you really think that people weren't going to drag their political opinions into the discussion?

>He won't reform the republic into an empire

Neither did Caesar. All he needs to do is get offed for overstepping himself with totalitarian bullshit and whoever gets in next is totally the guy.

>global businessmen
No one major outside the US does business with Trump.

I thought he got bailed out by a Saudi prince or something

>If so, could this be ushering in America's golden age?
Hadrian didn't usher in jack shit. His dynasty lasted only 3 more generations before the military staged a hostile take-over of the government in a futile bid to keep their society from collapsing into crisis and civil war.

How could he get BTFO if he ASKED about the petrodollar
>hey guys is this petrodollar stuff true
>lol no btfo

From what I've read that seemed more like a friendly favor than a profit-minded business decision.

>Pericles commissions Athenian wall during Athens' decline.
>Athens shortly after falls into ruin, never to recover again.

>Hadrian's wall is built during Roman empire's decline, and is a symbol of defeat.

>The Iron Curtain is built in the aftermath of the Third Reich's defeat.
>Europe, and the world are in social and political crisis, changing drastically for the worse.

>Donald Trump wants to build a wall separating USA and Mexico, during USA's decline.

etc

What is that a picture of?

Im pretty sure that Hadrian ruled during the Pax Romana which is always considered the glory years of the Roman Empire. Also I don't know what you're talking about the wall being a symbol of defeat. It served its purpose for hundreds of years until Rome was forced to pull out for other reasons.

mundusmillennialis.com

Enjoy

By hadrian's time Rome was already in deep decadence. The Pax Romana was not the serenity of peace, but the stagnation of obsolescence.

If they had succeeded in conquering the entirety of Britain the wall would not have been necessary, thus it's very existence is a sign of defeat.

Shit I guess your right. Those rabbits have already beaten me at this point. Fences are just defeatism.

>Those rabbits have already beaten me at this point
?

I would say that it's true that walls rise as times grow more violent and unstable. Rome didn't have walls until the Late Empire.

But walls are defensive fortifications. That's all they indicate. Defence.

As "cities fall" means sociopolitical and sociocultural decadence, not violence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Towers_Istanbul

But then that's completely untrue. There were walled forts throughout the borders of the Roman Republic. For christsakes, the Roman Legions built fortified encampments all the time, walled and ditched. European cities during the Middle Ages had walls until they were outgrown. The defining feature of that period (castles) are basically giant fucking walls.

Yeah, but those were FORTS; structures; buildings, not frontiers/borders. By your logic, why not also consider houses? No, what is meant is city walls that serve as borders to separate the "us" from the "them".

So, every militarized border in history?

His tax plan serves upper-middle class.

>rich people pay income taxes

Let's think from Assange's PoV.

He's hidden in whatever embassy and can't get out of it. He is there because, among others, he's hated by Obama administration and more specifically Hillary Clinton for releasing mails disclosing NSA. The rape he did may have been real but the victim didn't want to pursue him until that point and she didn't made huge career in media as well so it was probably "swedish rape" aka white man has sex with white female = RAPE. Outside of it he's afraid of arrest and assassination(or suspicious suicide in jail).

The reason why would he want to sink Trump would be - he wants to buy himself a favour from Clinton and may be free and safe again.

The reason why he would want to sink Clinton would be - he wants to get her out of the race and get a person who will certainly put her in jail for her last few years of life, which will, PR-wise render Clinton family impossible to support and therefore the chances for Assange's assassination will drop rapidly.
I would think like that if it wasn't for Clinton being the biggest globalist possible.

>Avoids war
He doesn't want to avoid war.
>Talks big militarily
So does Clinton, in fact before Trump even made any actual specific comments about the Middle East she was talking about reactivating and expanding our naval fleets repeatedly as far back as almost 2 years ago.
>Popular among the pleb
Nah, he's only popular among the hipsters and far right wing redneck nuts.

>Trajan
>defeated Persia
Trajan never fought Persia, he fought Parthia, the Parthian Empire. And he couldn't actually leave any lasting impression and brought back retreating legions who carried a plague into the Roman East and Southern Europe and permanently crippled the Roman Empire with his wasteful expedition that Rome would never again take an offensive invasion again of any new territory.

Stop wanking him.

>most on topic board relevant post in this thread
>and its completely wrong

>Caesar
proven general, climbed the ranks of Roman military leadership

>Trump
rich boy raised with daddy's money

Trump has been loosely compared with Crassus, a schemer and very shady businessman.

>Trajan who was a good emperor that defeated Persia
>Trajan
>defeated Persia

>Russians don't believe in equal partnership, they're either the master or the bitch, other forms or relationship might as well not exist for them
Shit b8 m8

> These numbers go against what I believe in!
> Oh wait, what if I just ignore the ones that go against and spam the ones that go with my ideas!
>"That's perfect!"

>German Lopez
Nice try.

Trump is essentially Caesar.

He's a political and military genius.