Would Veeky Forums consider getting one if they could?

Would Veeky Forums consider getting one if they could?

>505 hp RWD
>6 speed manual standard
>inside looks immaculate

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a28065/ford-gt-ordering/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so RWD is the master race?

I'll be god damned if this isn't a beautiful interior

How about the reliability?

Reliablity in the prototypes was meh, but FCA did get their shit together quite well.

It's either that or a C63. Both small displacement, turbo cars, with great looks.

I'll take the Alfa in automatic please. ZF's 8HP is pretty damn good, can take a beating and it would make for a perfect daily driver. The only other alternative I could think of would be a loaded T8 Volvo V90, but that's not even close in the performance department, though perhaps a better daily. Maybe if a ~475hp Polestar ever comes to market.

That interior doesn't look THAT good, especially the part in fornt of the gear lever.

Also
>implying every Giulia will be sold in Quadrifoglio version
>implying the most sold version won't be the 2.2L, 180hp diesel engine in base trim

jokes on you cause the base model is sweet as well

I didn't say every Giulia anything. I said if you could get one, would you? I'm just surprised it's not more popular. I guess if it's the same price as an M3 or a C63 AMG mostpeople in the US at least are going to opt for the latter options.

For that money I'd rather get a C63 AMG or just go full American and buy a Challenger Hellcat.

>C63 AMG
>65k
>QV Giulia
>50k

yes

only with a dct

>50k

only in your dreams. They are similar priced everywhere else

Doesn't have a DCT. Does come with the ZF 8HP eventually, which is pretty much GOAT automatic, especially for a daily.

>all these people saying they'd rather the auto
The fuck? Really? Why?

From the reviews the 8 speed dct is considered one of the big advantages of the Giulia. Shit is smooth yo

because we aren't retarded boyracers

I'm not I just prefer manual. Do you guys prefer driving auto? Curiousity has got me now.

It handles the Hellcats 707hp and 4000lbs just fine.

Because a luxury sports sedan deserves to be driven every day - and if that means running into traffic, I'd rather have the auto. Especially so if it's a ZF.

>$50k

Where?

Can I have the reasoning behind the whole auto in traffic thing? I've never had a problem with a manuel in it, but NZ doesn't have the traffic other countries might.

>DCT
Nope.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

It's not a lightweight missile car
Pigfat manual heavy modern vehicles are not worth shit
Constantly pushing the clutch

Traffic jams can be a PITA, and are infinitely better in an automatic.

I can understand not worrying about that in NZ, but I'm in the Netherlands, which is pretty much the most densely populated area in Europe when it comes to cars and roads. It can be troublesome/

>Do you guys prefer driving auto?
I do. Manual cars get annoying when half of your stops are hill starts and it's even more annoying in powerful cars.

>I'm not I just prefer manual.
Sure?

deleted my comment because I realized that. Sorry m8

Oh ok fair enough, I can understand.

Actually thought it was a dct
Well, it is some 200kg (440lbs) lighter than the m3 thanks to various carboni parts, so it isn't exactly pigfat.

>the shills don't even know about the car

as usual

Not a chance.

That's gotta be it right? Simply that the AMG Mercs and M3's exist. Where would they try to sell it then?

At this pricepoint it doesn't really matter what you buy. You proved that you can afford a 60K $ car, if it's the C-class, 3 series or this, and it will be fine for everyday driving and for feeling nice in curves on some backwater twisty roads. These cars are status icons of middle-managers anyway.

>Shill
Nigga i hope the car does well because it might be the rebirth of Alfa Romeo, that said i don't know if i would buy this over a c63 (but surely i would buy it over the bastardized current gen m3). Genuinely liking a car=/=shilling

Looks like Alfa's version of an M3.

>V6

The body definitely reminds me of BMW designs. I like it.

Way prettier and better performance than the M3/C63/RS4.
Pretty much god tier.

would buy one, if i could, maybe at some point gonna get the base giulia

I'm sorry, you were saying something?

>2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia
looks pretty sweg

that would be infinitely better if it had a ttv8

>worse
FTFY

It sounds like shit m8

Sounds fine actually, besides what's the advantage of being performing worse just for muh sound?

>push-button start

Into the basura

see 458 vs 488

Answer the question.

Ask a question worthy of reply first

Thanks for admitting you're an idiot.

I would absolutely get one senpai

resignation accepted

when turbocharging you basically lose the sound just to get 1,2 seconds off, which in my opinion it'as not enough, the 488 is tt, but i still take a 458

So you admit it's objectively inferior? Now you understand why Ford chose track performance over muh straight line speed or muh sound.

I live in Austin (which has some of the worst traffic in the US) and I don't get the manuals in traffic meme. I'd never trade having a slightly easier time in traffic for being bored the rest of the time. I drove my mom's CVT car once and it was honestly depressing. Downshifting into second, revmatching, and hitting it right at the apex is just about the most satisfying thing in the world and driving an auto robs you of that.

i honestly don't see the point, you're notta gonna see this cars on the track flatout, they're gonna be locked in garages, they could easily added 2 cylinders to the v8 in the gt350r and sell it

Why would you want a key? It's not 1963 anymore.

Do they have released price points?
Cuz u know... bank accounts and child support and shut ..

I don't like Alfa front ends, so no.

>they're going to be locked in garages

No, they aren't. Ford will LITERALLY sue you if you don't drive the car. These cars will have tons of track times and footage on the Internet.

>they could easily added 2 cylinders to the v8 in the gt350r and sell it

No, they couldn't have. The car was literally built around the engine. It wouldn't fit.

Looks pretty nice overall, but I'm not a fan of that dash. Center tach or bust.

>ford will sue you
Citation needed

silly you, still believing that the brands own the customer, they don't have the control

isn't it past ur bedtime kid?
Car companies can't sue people for "not driving enough" you fucking retard.

You have to sign a contract saying you wi drive the car. If you don't obey the contract they're allowed to take the vehicle away. You're all retarded.
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a28065/ford-gt-ordering/

>To that end, buyers will be required to sign a legal document preventing the sale of their GT until a certain time period has passed.
Reading comprehension is really hard you stupid fuck.

all bullshit, if that happens, the customer tells that to the media, and everybody who has a ford gt sells it, dropping the value even lower that the retail price.
Brands can't play with rich customers, they can fuck up the brand

All that happens is a contractual obligation not to sell it within a certain period of time to even out the market. It's just like Lexus did with the LFA and withholding the title for 2 years.

>"You have to show a history of being a Ford owner, and that you intend to drive the car. As explained by Ford product chief Raj Nair: “There’s a loyal following to the car. We want to prioritize people who are going to care about the car, keep the car and drive the car.”

Yes, you're right, reading comprehension is hard.
>brands can't play rich costumers
>they'll tell the media
Yes, they can. It's a limited edition iconic car.

im gonna bet that are people that will sell within 6 months

Then Ford will take it away from them. LEGALLY.

>Yes, they can. It's a limited edition iconic car.
not even that, specially when you can buy a better car in that price range, if you are rich, you own the brand not the other way round

what happens is that they buy the car back, they're not gonna go to your home and take it away, they're are doing the same thing as ferrari

>we want people who are going to drive it
Yeah, that's what they want. It won't happen. Too bad you completely ignore the actual contract and go based off a marketing statement. Dumbass.

>moron believes clickb8 articles

not surprised.
Automakers cannot legally stipulate that accrue mileage on a vehicle you've PURCHASED.

Those who have $500k to spend on a ford(lol) are most likely too busy to drive if frequently, let alone track it.

>better cars in that range
[citation needed]
>gets proven wrong
>resorts to ad hominems
Who said anything about miles? You can't sell the car for multiple years.

driving implies mileage moron

>proven wrong
Please show me where it says the contract states you HAVE to drive it, or they'll take the car away, as opposed to the exact quote I made saying they aren't allowed to sell it. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>ad hominems
You called everyone a retard first you stupid fucking faggot. Fanboys really are this stupid.

>ad hominem
The contract is set in years. It has nothing to do with miles.

>his argument was they're going to locked in garages
>gets proven wrong
>gets mad
okay, bud

keep believing that ford is regulating the owners

I never said they were going to be put in garages you mouth breather.
>proved wrong
Kek. Okay. Just like you keep ignoring the part that's explicitly spelled out saying the contract prevents sale of the vehicle. Keep being a jaded fanboy.

see

>Update
i was the one who talked being locked in a garage, which is gonna happen the other user hasn´t said that

That's not me fucktard. Try again.

I'm just using your terms, moron.

Well, this thread really devolved. Didnt mean to fan the flames, I just figured Veeky Forums would be all about it because of
>muh rwd
>much 6 speed
>3.7 0-60
>much burgerking lap record

Any reason this thing isn't getting more notoriety? Seems to compete with the m3 quite well

>That's not me fucktard. Try again.

why don't all boards have thread-specific user IDs that change with each thread?