With the British Pound devalued into the shitter and British exports now subsequently easier to push abroad...

With the British Pound devalued into the shitter and British exports now subsequently easier to push abroad, does that mean Jaguars and Land Rovers are going to get cheaper?

I could really go for an XE

Other urls found in this thread:

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/eu-referendum-vauxhalls-ellesmere-port-11482531
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-20/toyota-warns-brexit-may-lead-to-10-duties-for-u-k-built-cars
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You want Britain's economy to eat shit just so you can afford a nice car?

British pound went back up. The Jews couldn't crash them.

sure i wouldnt lose my job over anything that happens there

The Brits were the ones who wanted their economy to go to shit. I just want to take advantage of it.

no for the thousand time NO

>British pound went back up

lolno

>You want Britain's economy to eat shit just so you can afford a nice car?

Yes

>into the shitter
>10 cents

american education everyone

>A 10% drop in value of your currency isn't a big deal

Islamic education everyone

>10% of 1.48 is .10
Nice one dude

I like the XJ.

It makes swings like that every day. Have you ever looked at an exchange rate graph in your life?

>10% swings on a currency every day

You're the one that never looked at an exchange rate graph in your life desu senpai

% swings on a currency every day

Do you live in fucking Zimbabwe?

I thought you were referring to British cents. I forgot you call them pence in your inbred archaic variant of English.

it fell 6% in relation to the usd you nitwit

>what is hyperbole
find the swing

protip: you can't because its literally nothing

5th largest economy in the world doesn't give a fuck about trade agreements that it can negotiate on it's own. investment is not leaving.

>You want Britain's economy to eat shit just so you can afford a nice car?

Yes

>investment is not leaving.
>Vauxhall's Ellesmere Port factory 'will shut if Britain leaves Europe'
liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/eu-referendum-vauxhalls-ellesmere-port-11482531

>5th largest economy in the world
6th now. we got overtaken by france overnight as a result of this shit

rip us

>economy of imports doesn't give a fuck about low currency or trade agreements with the EU.

sure it won't mean the end but it isnt beneficial especially for non-global british companies.

I don't think I've ever seen a first-world country shoot itself in the foot so decisively before.

RIP Britain, you had a good run while it lasted.

>they don't want to be part of the EU but they would like to continue participating in the European economy

>they want to be a global player without taking part in the global economy

>you have to be a cuck to trade with us
That's not how stuff works

They don't really need the EU, they can work with the US and China.

>they can work with the US
>implying we want another nation dependent on us

What do you even have to offer? Unreliable cars and c list celebrities that want to ban guns?

I don't think you know what you're talking about

>implying that weakening the EU doesn't make America stronger
>implying that a United Europe with conservative leadership wouldn't be the joos worst nightmare

>britain actually thinks they have anything to offer us

>he doesn't understand import/export
Full retard. I bet you think America having a weaker currency than the Euro is inherently bad for America too.

He probably thinks the Chinese and Mexicans having undervalued currencies is a net loss for them too.

I don't know shit about dollar value depreciation/inflation and don't pretend to

I just wanted to make user sound like a silly-willy

Having a depressed currency can be a good thing, but not at the cost of flushing your economy down the toilet like the Brits just did.

Well you certainly did, you silly willy

Right. You don't want it too extreme either way really. Both can be bad.

Exactly. That's why I started the thread. Considering that they're expected to steadily decline between 10-15% doesn't that mean we'll likely see British export prices drop on what few civil high value goods they produce?

Since they just fucked themselves out of tariffless automotive trade with the EU, they'll likely start seeing the US as a more important market as well and given the current financial uncertainty I expect Jaguar-Land Rover will lower pricing a bit more to incentivize more US buyers into the brand since Jag is relatively miniscule compared to BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/Cadillac in the US market.

I honestly don't think people in Europe were really buying Jaguar-Range Rovers, if anything more people in the UK were buying French/German cars than French/Germans buying English cars.

Sucks for those Ford/Opel/Honda/Nissan/Toyota plants in the UK though.

Opel/Vauxhall is already talking about shutting down UK manufacturing. Toyota & Nissan are uncertain. Ford will be sticking around as Brits buy Fords in droves and Honda UK workers lucked out since all the North American Civic hatchbacks are going to be built in the UK, and the Civic is like the 3rd best selling car in the US.

The parent company's Jap money will be worth more in the UK if the currency is worth less, silly, so manufacturing in the UK will be cheaper.

Already speculation that Toyota will at least move manufacturing somewhere else for a temporary move and might shut down all together.

Lemme find the link I saw

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-20/toyota-warns-brexit-may-lead-to-10-duties-for-u-k-built-cars
>“Continued British membership of the EU is best for our operations and our long term competitiveness,” Toyota said in the letter, signed by two executives at its U.K. manufacturing unit and a trade union representative. “We will face significant business challenges as a result of a decision to withdraw from the EU.”
>90% of the cars built their are exported to the EU and is now facing tariffs on their vehicles

It won't be long till Toyota pulls the plug as well

Not unless you plan on importing spotted dick or fish and chips

plus toyota has already other manufacture in other EU countries

the problem of the Uk manufacturing is that most of it's supply chain is from yurop. Doesn't matter where the company headquarters are

RIP British manufacturing

Not enough to warrant the tariffs for vehicle importation into the EU.

Toyota is building a new factory in Mexico and Mexico recently signed a FTA with the EU. Methinks that's where they'll shift production to.

Not surprising, Toyota is all about the bottom dollar

Either way, tariffs they're facing in Britain would make it difficult no matter how much child labor they could use to make it as cheaply as possible

not a great loss
but will my tea cost more ?

Jaguar-Land Rover is already looking at building a plant in Mexico for their small RWD vehicles.

It's all ogre now. The eternal beanman strikes again.

Nah maybe British goods will trade cheaply in America, because we like to humor granddad. So we might keep friendly trade routes open and when the pound bottoms out their shit may be really cheap.

Its more likely that they'll become more expensive now that britain no longer has a free trade agreement with the US.

i'm not american thought

Oh if you're in Britain then good luck

I assume you won't be able to afford internet for much longer

>hurrr evil Toyota abandoning UK
>they're going to use Mexican child labor

This Anglo butthurt

>I'm a corporate cuck even though I make $11.50 an hour

well i'm not in britain either so
it doesn't really change anythings for me i think
but it would make vacation in England cheaper so i might go this summer

I own my own small business. I am both the cucked and the cucker.