/dxmdg/ - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided General - SLEEP TIGHT RICHARD edition

I think we have one more thread in us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Foxiest of the Hounds

GL HF

DIDN'T SEE POP UP FOR MY PACIFIST AND FOXIEST ACHIEVEMENT

BUT MY STEAM PAGE SAYS LATEST EARNED WAS PACIFIST, BUT IT ISN'T ON THE LIST WHEN I OPEN IT

RRRRREEEEE

>tfw mine was ruined by one time I was too lazy to savescum a hack and just walked off after failing it
I DIDN'T KNOW.
or maybe it was just during the Dubai ambush

>tfw Augmented Fruit flies spying on me

youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4

>old man that killed his kid or grandkid during the incident but doesn't know it was him that did it
I just couldn't tell him the truth ;_;

I told him the truth

An ugly truth is better than a pretty lie

then again maybe I've been on /pol/ too long

I found some robots in the sewers and they killed some named girl named Paula Machieraldo. Is this bad?

Do I need that alcohol for anything?

ALLISON OR BANK? I ALREADY EXPLORED THE VAULTS LIKE 10 HOURS AGO, BUT IT FEELS IMPORTANT

AT THE SAME TIME I DON'T WANNA DISAPPOINT MILLER CAUSE HES PRETTY COOL

I felt so bad for him, I gave him the fake card

How can this Jensen be a clone if clones still need to be born and age? Unless they had cloned Jensen way back when he was a baby and this one grew up in a facility some where.

He would have to be some guy they found, took the memories of the real Adam after Panchea, and made him look like Jensen with surgery.

But if it was just some guy, his body would reject augments. Unless of course completed Orchid was used, but that's being developed by Page. And this Jensen is a DeBeers agent.

They're like shitty Painkillers, but they're pretty easy to find. If you're going stealth, you're never going to get hurt really anyways.

>AT THE SAME TIME I DON'T WANNA DISAPPOINT MILLER CAUSE HES PRETTY COOL
The bank, trust me on this.

there is no quest where I would ever need alcohol, right? Like some shitty collection quest.

Go Bank, otherwise you don't get the antidoteand then you have no chance of saving Miller at the end.

user DO I HAVE YOUR 100% HONESTY

Posting in this thread too :
Is there a workaround for the Prague curfew subway transit crash ? Or am I shafted until the next patch ?

Make sure you have high enough hacking too, I'm not sure what level the safe was but you need to get the contents.

You'll have to wait. I got sick of waiting and started a new game and didn't do any side quests + made sure to never get detected.

Fuck this, so many god damn questions.

Who is Janus?
Is this the real Adam, a clone or Venom Boss?
What is Eliza, if Morpheus > Daedalus > Icarus were built off the Hyron Project
Where is Malik?
Who is that new illuminati guy, Volkard?

It's probably obvious but how do I get into the Rave Party with no pass?

To the left there's a vent you break, there's probably an obvious way to shut off the electricity but I just powered through it.

Yeah I saw it by the dumpster, but I couldn't break it. I could break through walls though.

>Where is Malik?
I assume she didnt make it but
If you go to your apartment later in the game, theres an option to check a cereal box, a cutscene will play and a toy plane will come out, Adam will inspect the bottom and it'll say "Hope you enjoy the toy, Spyboy!"

Yes but where is she

It makes no sense for her to be replaced

What happened to Daria why was she crazy?

it's possible to help Dusan in a non-lethal/no-alarms run, right? I am talking about the guy that is held in a cell with 4 cops guarding him in Golem city

I assume she got a job as a pilot for a different company after Sarif Industries got bought out.

Yeah, you don't have to kill anyone to rescue him. You can take out the exosuit cop by shooting them with an EMP bullet and then performing a takedown.

>Go down to magician's basement
>"There is nothing for you there."
I'll be the judge of that.

I won't activate alarms down there accidentally, right? I mean like some cop changing their patrol route, going down there, finding the knocked out guards and then sounding the alarm. That kind of bullshit.

What exactly is the bug? I'm at 60 hours with every sidequest done. I used the train station to talk to Cipra and then back to Daria to finish the quest before getting off. Am I fucked henceforth, or is it just a chance thing that I might avoid?

>Who is Janus?
Pritchard
>Is this the real Adam, a clone or Venom Boss?
Real Adam, but all of his augs were replaced with ones with tracking devices and comms interceptions and such
>What is Eliza, if Morpheus > Daedalus > Icarus were built off the Hyron Project
Good question
>Where is Malik?
Flying for a new company
>Who is that new illuminati guy, Volkard?
He's a super spooky ghost

Her e-mail having a profile image that's unique should tell you that you can either find her or will find her by playing the game.

Go talk to the poo-in-loo doctor and you'll find out

Actual spoiler:
TYM was trying to make "personality fixer" augs by taking parts of people's brains to try to splice their "good" personality parts to override "bad" personality parts, and they couldn't find donor volunteers so they used prisoners instead - yeah, they didn't really think through the whole "let's put violent murderer brains into innocent people" thing

Did they kidnap her and do it against her will or is that email unrelated?

I went straight after her the first time thinking she was actually in danger

Okay so the button to move knocked out enemies is (Hold) E. But holding E also opens the fucking quest menu. What is this shit?

she opted for it because she was having mental health issues iirc

she "heard him in her sleep" because it was her. it was like bipolar personality slowly mixing into one person

i was hoping that during the CASIE portion of talking to daria that her personality profile would change halfway through the conversation, ie from alpha to omega to represent the chip shutting down and also make it slightly harder. would've been cool

Yeah, I was complaining to myself about this earlier. It's just poor design decisions. Not sure if there's an option to turn off those kinds of prompts, although they are useful when not in any sort of actual combat/stealth section. What makes it worse is how the game seems to lag like shit and freeze when opening the menus (Tab, Inventory, Esc, etc.)

Where the hell is Miller's safe at Palisade?

Jim nooooo dammit I knew I should have gone to versalife :(

>killing your boss to save some brainwashed degenerate whore
shame on you

I... I didn't know

To be fair, Stanek is involved with the bombing of the station and the VersaLife mission is more connected to Jensen's overall Illuminati conspiracy. Appeasing Miller would have been going after Stanek's daughter in hopes of maintaining relations with Nomad. Fuck that inept fatty, though.

Yeah that was my reasoning too, I needed to find out who was behind the bombing. But it feels bad to watch Miller die. Guy was under pressure from his crappy Illuminati boss but in his heart he wanted to do the right thing. Also Jensen makes the saddest of faces. He needs to augment his caring.

Despite his stoic personality, Adam knows how to feel regret probably more than anyone. Whenever he takes off his glasses to show his eyes, he gets even more expressive. He wears the glasses to hide the pain.

>mfw I'm actually bored of looting every single nook and cranny in this city and reading every single pointless email
it took 3 dude sex games but they broke me

So what happens if you go to versalife instead? Does that have any negative outcome aside from pissing off Miller a bit? I.e does anyone die because of it?

Least convincing transexual in vidya history

The gay magicians mission was pretty good

Allison dies, obviously, as do the rest of the First Children and various others involved with the church. Nomad swears at you and cuts you off, ending the relationship. Miller is angry when you meet him at Chikane's place before that, but you can convince him that you were following your gut and trying to not be a puppet who follows orders to appease Manderlay.

So all in all, you save more people this way.
That makes me feel better

Loved her accent and voice, especially the way she pronounces Rabi'ah. Wished there was more to do besides calling her out a bit after Golem City.

Miller's life is more valuable desu.

Dammit, user, I'm trying here

>delara's voice actor

would you?

This seems like it should be a quest/point of interest.

Like that cop that thought Adam was responsible for the bombing.

If you don't go after the bombmaker, then you either have to ruin your pacifist run or let civvies die

this is false. I did the bank on my first playthrough and I still got pacifist

>ruin your pacifist run
How? Explain

bury crown king arthur etc.

Been trying to finish MD at my super slow pace of playing the game. 60 hours in and I'm still not done, although I just finished all the side missions and am nearing the end. I probably could have maximized my XP a bit more if I realized I could hack the Alarm systems and didn't get a bit lazy near the end. Don't have every Augment, but I do have most.

They keyword was OR
As in:
>Ruin your pacifist run by killing CyborgLetho
OR
>Let civilians die

You don't get the bomb signal jammer if you don't go after the bombmaker, so you have to use the killswitch to stop the explosions

Or I missed something fucking big time and I'm a goddamn idiot

I'm at 53 hours and just reached Golem city. You do not know the pain of a completionist autist.

Delara reminded me too much of Megan. She seemed the kind of person who seems nice and caring but also has no problems rationalizing away any unethical bullshit.

Man, I know I'm taking it slow, I don't know how you can be going that slow. There's a few areas I missed early on because I didn't have Lv5 hacking or rebreather, but besides that, I explored every area, afaik. Manually hacked everything and got all XP/Credit/Software nodes. Retread the same area to make sure I've gotten every path. How are you taking so long?

You can save the delegates and stop the bombs, I'm not sure what it depends on though.

It's literally a 10min timer, iirc. You just have to rush through the two things to get both done.

That you do each of those 2 missions in under 10 minutes

What did I just find?

Looks like Nuclear Snake by Francis Pritchard m8

When I say I'm a completionist autist I really mean it. Every single fucking room is scanned with the item finder for a while so I make sure I didn't miss anything. If a mission has alternate paths I check out every single path, even if it doesn't have any items. I am also autistic with object placement, if I accidentally touched a garbage can I quickload and make sure I don't touch it. I also test shit a bunch of times just to see what happens in most side missions and then ultimately decide on the solution that I prefer. I try to figure out a way to get EVERY item without ever touching any guard, raising any alarm and basically causing no trouble. That means I sometimes spend a lot of fucking time in a room carefully distracting guards until I get the items.

Did you know for example that you can solve the mission where you have to save the guy from the thug that tries to shoot him in his store without knocking the guard out? I probably spent 20 minutes testing out several methods to make it work.

>Did you know for example that you can solve the mission where you have to save the guy from the thug that tries to shoot him in his store without knocking the guard out?

Please do tell, now Im curious

So, just finished side mission 12 and how the hell did Edward in up back in Prague? Or is this just an oversight in which he still appears even if you pick the chick?

The game has an item pick-up highlight, and besides that, I'm just meticulous about scanning the environment for items. Crouching, jumping up to look over shelves, standing around and just looking around. I didn't bother wasting points into augmented vision because secrets and hidden areas tend to stick out pretty harshly.

The quick loading over object placement isn't really completionist autist so much as regular autism, so I don't have to deal with that shit. Your next point is also less of completionist autist and just regular autism, so again, can't compete there. I guess you could argue it's trying to be true to the pacifist title. Do you just do a lot of item throwing to lure enemies around? I know I do that just to maintain stealth (or when I want to fuck around with guards).

I gave Edward the papers and he was in the basement with the Melena and little k. Irena, who got detained and showed up in Golem City, was detained with K. and Bones, although I don't remember giving her a way out of Golem City besides talking to her and giving her some Neuropozyne, I think.

okay, so my first idea was to just move the fridge in the room between the thug and the guy. But that doesn't progress the quest, he just does nothing. Or he starts shooting and keeps shooting at the fridge without an end in sight. So I figured I might get the cops involved.

So my first instinct was to alert them to my position by firing a weapon once in the store. That way they would walk into the store and shoot the fucker. And it actually worked, if they enter the store they'll shoot the thug for you which obviously doesn't count against you. The problem is that if cops hear gun-shots one of them will run to the next alarm panel and activate it.

So what I did was hack every single alarm panel in the district to disable it. Then I executed my plan and the thug committed suicide by cop. I wasn't seen, I didn't have to kill or knock out anyone.

but why

They say the riots spilled over from Golem City as the reason for martial law. It's possible she was detained closer to Prague.

Well, my plan for the run was "pure pacifist" so my idea was to basically never use violence and disturb no one. And since the game sometimes forces you to at least knock out someone for a quest I was motivated to figure out ways to solve the quest without doing that. Think of it like a challenge run. It would be easier to just knock him out, doesn't count against pacifist anyway. But since I'm stubborn I figured out a way that the devs didn't intend which is fun for me.

Perhaps, but given that you had to fly to Golem City, I figure the distance between it and Prague (or at least the district of Prague the game takes place in) must be pretty far. Seems a bit farfetched.

the keywords here is: git gud

because that's what you need to do nigga

doesn't matter where you run first, but the boss can be taken down by one hit as long as you stun him with the stun-gun right before.

Golem City is said to be on the outskirts of Prague, and was meant to serve as temporary housing for Prague's working force originally, so it can't be that far. I don't think you 'had' to fly there, it was just the most convenient way for Adam's purposes.

But you did use violence, by proxy. You got the cop to kill the thug

I didn't get the cop to do anything. Technically the cops were just doing the job that they are supposed to do, stop criminals from committing crimes. If they refuse to use their stun-guns that's on them. Their police reports won't say "passive bystander caused me to kill the suspect"

What would you get augmented first and why?

brain

Install CASIE, no question

CASIE, duh

From the new augs, i feel like the only really useful one is remote hacking. The other ones just add flavor but are largely useless for a stealthy player

Dash has its uses. It's a short distance blink that allows you to skip through the field of vision of some guards.

Tesla is nice for a multiple non lethal takedown, but most of the time you're not gonna need it

Sure, but if you have the glass cloak already, you dont need that

The glass cloak eats power like crazy even on the lowest energy setting. With the Dash you land exactly where you want and can utilize it even on the base battery pack, the cloak requires extensive use of biocells while the Dash pretty much works on your base battery. It also has the added utility of allow you to reach high-up places that can not be reached with the upgraded jump. A lot of stealth sections require you to do some vent climbing or other bullshit to reach some of the more useful spots.

Also interested, please respond.
I managed to hack drones, but she was already kill, and only civilians were alive.

Also, what the fuck, there is no way to disable drones if you don't carry lethal weapons, even emp only "hacks" them. Fucking kojima.

I saved the people but never encountered them again.
Pretty sure they're not a part of any sidequest

Question before i disappoint myself:
I heard that the last mission is a timed one, but can you explore the map after rushing objectives, or do credits roll after you do them?

Credits roll

>Find a garage full of photos of Jensen + Alex
>Find apartment of said garage that has further information regarding Jensen + Alex
>Jensen is clearly under surveillance
>Meet Alex right outside said garage
>garage door is literally fucking open
>Jensen never mentions it

You should have stayed as a fucking thug SWAT guy, Jensen, you're clearly fucking terrible at this whole "detective" thing

>page 9 for a week old game

jesus