Why should one be a good person?

Why should one be a good person?

It's in your self-interest not to infuriate local power structures or society at large.

No "should" do anything. But if they choose its up to them to decide what that means.

But user, nothing infuriates society at large more than people trying to be good persons.

For example : Hitler. He tried to be a good person and they hated him.

So here you go OP, don't even try.
Otherwise the masses will put your head on a spike for trying to save them.

And then he died

im disgusted that armin and annie are both out of the story, tbqh, they had so much potential as contrasting folkish hero archetypes and if the mangaka wasnt a fuckup they could have been the Sigfried and Brynhildr of The Ring Cycle thru a Japanese lens but noooo

anyway op, the moral of this story is that advanced egoism is indistinguishable from virtue ethics.

>no tl;dr
dropped.

Actually he hasn't. He got the titan serum and ate Bertholdt. So one of the shortest characters can now become the tallest titan.

being nice is generally the most intelligent way to act

Spoiler that shit user.

>being both a shotacon and a prussiaboo

I bet you read Übel Blatt, like some kind of animal.

if you are unlikeable people will treat you like shit in return, so it is in your best interest to be nice

ain't no spoilers on Veeky Forums

Because if a person is good he isn't bad.

People also treat you like shit if you're too nice.

Because it improves the lives of those you care about.

>Attack on Titan

>story

Kek

It's a balancing act, though its best to be too nice than too dickish when people start drawing lots

Why shouldn't one be a good person? What do you have to lose? What do you have to gain by being a bad person?

BRUTUS KILLS CAESAR

>good person

Let the Stirnerposting begins

>good

So is this cartoon and argument for good works rather than faith alone? I mean it obviously is protty, but if you were to obey the Bible then you would have to do good works.

I mean if its faith alone, then you don't need to do good works.

feels better to both you and the people you are good to

>uses weeb shit to uphold an argument
I personally think being a good person can have positive benefits on someone's life and is something that's worth striving for. So long as it's not being a good person to people like this.

because it creates a better society.

>People also treat you like shit if you're too nice.
Only if you're also ugly and/or uncharismatic. If you're nice, attractive and charismatic people will worship you.

becuase if you aren't then how can you get that carrot society has been dangling in front of you?

or maybe lets contrast two ideologies

the hippocratic oath: at least do no harm
- all I have to do is sit in my room, ocassional move about eat and sleep and poop, and keep generally clean.

now with the order of nine angels
-gotta think of epic ways to troll people
-gotta get into fights
-gotta kill and murder people
-got heil hitler, worship satan, and perform ritual sacrifice.

plain and simple, its a lot easier to be good than bad. or theres alot less hassle involved.

Because you should care about the welfare of your fellow man and your society

Don't shit where you eat

Good and bad are just concepts self-interested apes use to brow-beat others into furthering their interests. Any talk of good and bad should immediately inform you of nothing but that the person you're talking to wishes to exploit you, to further their own ends, and has no regard for you whatsoever in his heart.

So in other words, ugly people have no reason to be good.

>that the person you're talking to wishes to exploit you, to further their own ends, and has no regard for you whatsoever in his heart.
Actually I should correct myself:
this is in fact a safe assumption for all human-human interactions. All alliances are temporary and conditional, in that they rely on the mutual interest of parties and will only continue so long as both parties feel they personally benefit. From this it can be gleaned that everyone is essentially self-interested in all their dealings.

The author of that isn't letting a child act like a mouth piece for him, is he?

I don't think so, attack of the 30m woman isnt really ideology driven unless you have an extreme beef with hereditary monarchy

>he's never killed something with his barehands as a rite of passage into adulthood.