OUTTA MY WAY HITTITE FUCKING SHITS

OUTTA MY WAY HITTITE FUCKING SHITS

Ramses is my pharaohfu, he was a badass even if he did leave super exaggerated accounts of his victory at Kadesh.

>you will never leave colossal granite likenesses of yourself scattered throughout the land for people to spend the next 3000 years marveling at

Muwatalli II will bang your ass

Who even won?

>some salty fuck in the future will never make a poem about how all leaders empires fall about you

The sea peoples.

Couldn't historian think of a sexier name than "Sea People"? Makes me think of JarJar Binks in the Mediterranean fucking ancient civilizations up with those blue ball things.

It's incredible.

Among the allies of the Hittities there are also the same people allied with Troy in the Iliad.

Egyptian Name Location
Ḥt Ḥatti (central Anatolia)
Nhrn Nahrin = Mitanni
I҆rṭw Arzawa (western Anatolia)
Pds Pitassa (central Anatolia)
Drdny Dardania (allies of the Trojans,[43] northwest Anatolia)
Ms Masa (Mysia, northwest Anatolia)
Krkš Karkisa (Anatolia)
Krkmš Carchemish, in Syria
Qd A poorly defined area in northern Syria
Qdš Kadesh (in Syria)
Ꜥkrṭ Ugarit (in north Syria)
Mwšꜣnt Mushanet (Unknown)
Kškš Kaska (northern Anatolia)
Lk Lukka lands (Lycia and Caria, southwest Anatolia)
Qḍwdn Kizzuwatna (Cilicia)
Nwgs Nuḥḥašši (in Syria)
I҆rwnt (sic!) Arawanna (In Anatolia)
Ḥlb Ḥalba (Aleppo, in Syria. Led by its king, Talmi-Sarruma, grandson of Suppiluliuma I.)
I҆ns Inesa (Unknown, possibly Neša in central Anatolia)

post yfw the Nearin division shows up to help defeat the Hittite dogs

It's what the Egyptians called them.

I'm pretty sure that's what the ancient sources called them, so naturally the term stuck.

Not really, only Teresh, Sherden, Shekelesh and Ekwesh were known as sea peoples.

>meme peoples

The Hittites. They had the unique quirk among ancient peoples of recording their history as accurately as possible, quite unlike the attitude of people like the Egyptians, for whom history was about propaganda, not facts.

The Hittities didn't exist anymore 150 years after the battle of Kadesh, the Egyptians did, I think it's clear who the winner is here.

So because the Nazis don't exist any more and Poland does, this proves Poland won WW2?

If you consider that the USSR also lost the Cold War, yes.

So what you'e saying is that you're a idiot who should be ignored and / or mocked?

mitanni btfo

>Egyptians tried to invade Hittite territory
>Egyptians agree to a peace treaty after the battle and stop the invasion

Hmmm

I love how after the war, both sides entered a fake friendship. Both wrote letters about being brothers and sisters among their nobility. I can almost smell the fakeness

No matter how hard the cheese seemed though... the peace did last. I imagine that they saw war with each as too bloody to risk

Too bloody and too likely to descend into a pointless stalemate that results in neither side accomplishing anything except weakening themselves in the face of other closer and more existential threats. And rebellious provinces.

It's hard to hate the guy a thousand miles away when the guy a hundred miles away would kill you if given the chance.

>picking Rameses
pleb

Thutmose III is the real big dog of the egyptian history.