Chris Evans is apparently the cunt that will kill top gear

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/matt-leblanc-is-planning-to-quit-top-gear-if-co-host-chris-evans/

Other urls found in this thread:

slashgear.com/top-gear-usa-cancelled-by-history-channel-rutledge-wood-reveals-28446175/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He still hosts a breakfast show. That shows he is not committed

Check the cataloug you fucking jippo there's already a thread up

Other thread is dead

So fucking bump it. This is literally the same thread.

What if I can't bump it u turd.

Evans is an unfunny cunt, who would've expected it.
But will the BBC let an American be the lead presenter?

Noice
a step in the right direction
who's gonna be LeBlancs co-host though?

Ooga booga, we takin yo TV shows Brit Boy. Joey > Every Brit ever.

Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Matt LeBlanc should be the new Host trio

With occasional appearances by Sabine Schmitz and Eddie Jordan

i'm not entirely sold on harris yet DESU

agreed that sabine should stay in the background. in fact, the less she talks, the better.

I have been refusing to watch the new episodes off of premise. I though out of anyone Sabine would be acceptable? Isn't she a professional driver or something? What's bad about her?

I'm not convinced about Harris because his presentation always seems to be a bit wooden, like he's reading off cue cards. He should be the new Stig, the Nig

yeah she's a professional driver, and the whole makes everyone puke joke is good, but most of her other lines are either badly written or she's just not good at this type of presenting. so far the only not cringeworthy line she said was her introduction of the stig, and even that only because it was entirely in german and the brits couldn't understand it.

as long as you don't go full "where's muh clarkson???" it's an okay to good watch

agreed, that's why i on the other hand really like reid. his lines are always fluent and one line moves on into the next one.

That Schadenfreude feel

Chris Evans is irritating, Sabine has the personality of a rocking chair and Matt just doesn't fit in with the setup.

Anyone watching the episode now?

Evans really doesn't know how to do reviews. He's just shouting all the time... still.

I tried watching one of the episodes they did where they were competing SUV's/Crossovers or whatever and I thought a lot of the content was really awkward with pretty dumb comments. They didn't feel like they were having fun with the show or enjoying it, they were just going through the motions.

I do like some of the cars they did, like the focus RS and type-R, and celebrities they have brought on though. Evans can definitely GTFO though, hes useless.

BASED
LEBLANC

It's starting to shape up which of the hosts are suited for the show and which absolutely aren't. Evans is just an unfunny cunt with no interest or knowledge about cars, Schmitz has an absolutely unlikable TV personality even if she tries to be likable AND she's the fifth wheel on the wagon with Chris Harris already being a good track driver, and the babyface nigger is so forgettable that I can't even recall his name. Keep Matt Leblanc, Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan and sack the rest.

Current ep is decent so far, even Evans was tolerable.

this happens when you get a trump lookalike to host an autoshow xDD

The Star in a Car segment has to go though.

Evans has turned into it into an utter joke. It was poor before but it's intolerable now.

Both Evans and Harris need to go. Evans is a faggot and Harris strikes me as a literal retard with good racing skills. Can't stand him on /Drive along with that bottom feeding jew Spinelli.

Jodie Kidd, Matt LeBlanc, and another funny brit and I'll come back. Otherwise, Top Gear ended at the end of Series 22 for me.

Stephen Fry, Bill Bailey, Jo Brand and Stig Davies.

How the fuck did he even get the job?
A car show host that throws up when in a fast car.
Seriously, a paraplegic guy with a revoked drivers license would probably do a better job than him.

Well, Matt LeBlanc is an old hand on ultimatums and strikes to get what he wanted. On Friends, he had a shit ton of salary per episode which moved up from 800,000 to be $1,000,000 per episode on the final season.

As Matt LeBlanc said, "If You Can Get A Raise And You Don't, 'You're Stupid'". This ultimatum thing is more of his positioning to get another astronomical sum since Chris Evans is in a weak position.

>Chris Evans is irritating, Sabine has the personality of a rocking chair and Matt just doesn't fit in with the setup.
The others left for more money. Matt didn't get a good offer from them. And Chris Evans stayed as that makes him top dog. But then he started bleeding into the water and Matt is sensing the opportunity to be top dog as there is really no one else. So it's time to make public announcements to force the producers into a corner and get rid of Chris Evans. Clever move if rather nasty backstabbing. But Matt doesn't want the producers to have time to hire more people, so he's got to force the producers now to promote him.

Then the conversation has already happened. Move the fuck on.

There was that quadriplegic at Le Mans this year who was actually driving pretty good for being taped to the wheel.

When Matt Leblanc auditioned for Top Gear he only had $11 to his name. When the cast got their pay cheques, the first thing Chris Evans bought was a car. Matt Leblanc bought a hot dinner.

Theres no way he could have spent the Friends money in one lifetime. Syndication alone could keep a man in Ferraris..

>When Matt Leblanc auditioned for Top Gear he only had $11 to his name.

That would be due to tax shelters. For many years, Matt LeBlanc made 500K per episode of Friends, and then 600K, 800K, 900K, and finally one million per episode during the final season. It was an absurd amount of money he has.

Rich people make tax shelters. Thus the LLC which he owns would buy the cars, and charge that as business expense. If he bought it personally, he wouldn't be able to do that. A LLC can also benefit from the depreciation while we as private citizens do not. So Matt LeBlanc has made a ton of money and the LLC can even tax deduct his meals and clothing.

So he could technically have just $11. Heck, Bill Gates at one time had no money (on him) when he ate at McDonalds. The manager simply told the cashier that Gates would pay later, so he got his meal.

>Thus the LLC which he owns would buy the cars

This. I'm not even rich and I used a LLC to buy my condo. It's amazing how much easier LLCs make shit.

>they fell for it
Hint: replace Top Gear with Friends, and you have the real story.

I saw someone suggest that they kill off the Stig and let Sabine be the driver. She doesn't have to talk, and can just the good driver she is.

Yeah the Stig is a Top Gear tradition, but they're trying to revamp the whole show. If they really want it in this format that isn't "The Antics of Clarkson & Co." then it would be a good move into a new formula.

The other issue is that the new stig intro where the whole crowd shouts is awful.

God I finally made myself sit down and watch all the episodes that are out so far, and it's actually sad how bad it is. It's worse than US Top Gear, and I didn't even think that was possible

The "lets buy 3 cars but surprise one of them is actually a motorcycle and we are gonna race a train!" episode is literally where all the wheels fall off. It exposes every single weakness of the show:

Evans is a turd with no personality who sucks at the top gear style of filming

Sabine is obviously talented but holy fuck that accent. Plus she just looks like she isn't comfortable with the type of show style top gear is.

None of the cast have any sort of real chemistry

For christ sake half of what I loved about cheap car challenges in the old show was the three of them shitting on each others cars/all the break down. That fucking challenge was the most boring, flat, stale piece I have ever seen. Literally every single fear that was voiced about how the show was going to suck prior to it coming on air came true

I love Chris Harris. I absolutely think he should be one of the main presenters, his car knowledge and driving skill is bonkers.

The Stig is also merchandise, they won't get rid of him, he's also cover for various companies own drivers for lap times.

Still maintain that it fundamentally breaks the show to have a pro-driver as a presenter.

Sabine is a great driver but her English isn't that great. So her line delivery isn't too hot. It would be funny if she just spoke German and had subtitles full time.

>Chris Evans is apparently the cunt that will kill top gear

NO, it will be the fault of all the supporting cast such as Matt LeBlanc that try to pull Chris Evans down so they can have bigger salaries. Rather than work together, they are conniving with gossip and even public news releases causing trouble for the BBC and the producers. It's a greed festival. Now that Chris Evans is weak, they want to get rid of him so they can all move up. Look at how the previous cast moved on for much bigger salaries from Amazon. That's what happens when weaknesses appear and the sharks, normally held in check, decide to strike. Even Matt LeBlanc makes public announcements and feeds gossip that harms the show. The weaker the producers are and the more threatened the show, the better his chances. I am betting that is what he is doing.

>None of the cast have any sort of real chemistry

Some of them don't want to have chemistry. They want Chris Evans to fall down and be sacked. Then they can be promoted. Greed. Plain and simple. Leblanc even said that if you don't take the chance to get a promotion raise, then you are stupid.

Why should Leblanc even help Evans when he wants Evans to fail? There won't be any support chemistry if Leblanc can help it.

Obvious trolling aside, Evans was getting called out from the first day of filming (by people who have no motivation to see him fail) as being an arrogant shitstick who was impossible to work with, and being terrible at the sort of pre-recorded segments that pretty much make up the bulk of top gear

And the longer the show drags on, the more obvious it becomes he just doesn't have the personality or knowledge to drive the show. Granted, he's faaaar from the only problem, but when the primary host doesn't have the personality to carry the show, you are never going to get anywhere.

When the BBC has to fucking dub in a laugh track because you can't even get the audience to giggle at your pre-written jokes, shit is off the fucking rails

But hasn't Chris Evans been a weak link since day one? Even when they were filming the first segments, all you kept hearing was rumors that Evans can't record and drive at the same time.

I'd buy into the idea of LeBlanc being a greedy cunt, but it sounds like Evans really is shit. Maybe LeBlanc is just being opportunistic, but if Evans is really that weak, I can't say I blame him for trying to get rid of the dude, even if he is being a childish git about it.

yeah, here in the USA lots of people make small businesses just to launder their money and get a lot of tax benefits. things that they would normally not be able to deduct can be deducted as business expenses. so the business even owns the house and rents it to them. It owns the car and lets them drive it. that's how they avoid paying most of their income taxes which they'd otherwise have to pay.

they also don't pay into social security as much as they should. but most of the well-off already don't count on social security being worth anything since they intend to privatize it in order to eliminate the requirement that the government guarantee payout. as a privatized item, if there aren't enough funds available that year, then everyone gets less, plain and simple. of course, that will further increase the gap between the wealthy and everyone else. everyone else will eventually become a wage slave at that rate because many services done by small businesses will be taken over as branch divisions of giant holding corporations.

Basically this. Everyone involved in the show knew Evans was garbage from the start. Of course you're going to have people start gunning for his job, because at this point, it's doubtful he will be around all that long

>said to be concerned about Evans’s rudeness towards other members of the team
laughingclarksons.jpg

Whats been said of Evans trying to direct and take control of the show, hasn't been all that pleasant either.

top gear was dead on the day of the steak fight . I hope the bbc burns to death for killing there best show.
hey Clarkson come over to Colorado I will cook you the best steak you will ever eat buddy miss you so much !!!111!!!!1!!!1111!!!!!

>Whats been said of Evans trying to direct and take control of the show, hasn't been all that pleasant either.

At least Evans hasn't been deliberately trying to publicly harm the show. The only person that has that attitude is Matt LeBlanc since he is trying to force the producers to get rid of Evans. That would make Matt the big fish in the pond. All that with dirty tactics by trying to manipulate the public into forcing the producers and Evans into a fight with each other.

You've seen similar tactics in anime series where the villain manipulates parties into hostilities.

>At least Evans hasn't been deliberately trying to publicly harm the show.

Making a terrible show is pretty direct way of publicly harming it

>You've seen similar tactics in anime series where the villain manipulates parties into hostilities.

Seriously son quit watching cartoons.

Furthermore all we have is hearsay, I think a lot of Leblanc trying to vie his way to the top is based on people wanting to be at the top.

All I do know is that Evans has got to go.

Once blood is in the water, everyone gets riled up. And the show's terrible ratings are a fantastic fuel for rumors.

Last I heard, they were about to start filing for the second season, will be interesting to see if that stays on track, as any delay of that timetable will likely tip the BBC's hand

Chris plz go

>I-I like chris evans
>it's like one of my japanese animes!

hang yourself.

>quadriplegic
wut you sure you dont mean paraplegic? did this nigga steer with his toungue or someshit?

>allegedly planning
>sources have claimed
>is said to be
>with some suggesting
>it allegedly comes
>the rumours emerged
>a source told

jesus christ

I dont like Eddie Jordan. Sabine is cute, would totally fuck her, but int he studio she kinda sucks.

Actually the dude was a quadruple amputee, not a paraplegic or quadriplegic

He was actually a quadruple amputee, not a para / quadriplegic.

He could move his stumps and used that to steer.

>Furthermore all we have is hearsay
Unlike the others, you have matt leblanc making public statements. He's a playa.

What a basket case.

Given the choice the BBC will keep Evans he's a fuck tone better and more popular than the septic wop.

fuck off chris

Is he really? Most people are pointing at him as the problem.

Who do I replace Evans with?

I agree. Leblanc is trying to fan the flames to manipulate the public opinion in order to force the producers to fight with evans. It's like the Captain America:Civil War movie where the actual bad guy is manipulating people into fighting each other.

Leblanc is that guy.

This is what the show should of been
Brian Johnson
From AC/DC, recently stepped down. Lads lad, pro cars and pro rock and roll. Plenty of stories and charmisma.

Rowan Atkinson
Massive car nut, competent racer, national treasure knows everybody in the industry and entertainment in the US and UK so will have pre-existing chermistry with a lot.

The Fat one from the US version.
A likeable man, when mixed with a few working lads from the North of England will become even more likeable, with enough of the brainbox/James May type figure to be made fun of and still convey a sense of knowledge.

They may occasionally have Sabine on, but not as a host but a racer to humiliate them and little else.

It would be ironic if the others left due to their feud with the producers being ignited also by Matt boy.

>Literally every single fear that was voiced about how the show was going to suck prior to it coming on air came true

I've been wondering how much of new Top Gear's failures have been attributed to that kind of attitude. I mean, I haven't even seen them yet, but I've noticed it going like this:

>series reboot announced
>"wow this show is gonna suck bring the boys back it's not gonna be the same it's ruined forever"
>series airs
>"WOW THIS SHOW SUCKS IT'S SHIT FUCK EVANS FUCK EVANS FUCK EVANS I TOLD YOU IT WAS GONNA SUCK"

I personally think that that's Top Gear's biggest flaw in this whole mess. No matter what it was going to do the same, or differently, the viewer base saw it as heresy before it even got off the ground. So when the series finally aired, the prophecy became self-fulfilling.

They couldn't have done it the same. This is the new feelings-safe BBC-approved Top Gear. What the audience wanted was to watch a bunch of old British wankers bantering, not some faggy git, an American, and a kraut no one can understand. I suppose it's only a matter of time now before they decide the Stig is trans, too.

>Is he really?
Yes.

I agree with the first 2 but the third one should be Steve Coogan.

that may have contributed, but i personally think the issue lies somewhere else.
after over 10 years of clarkson top gear, the series had a very distinct style.
obviously evans top gear can't simply replicate that after just a few episodes, but that's what people want, so now they're disappointed.

>all those typos
kill yourself

SJW Gear

Apparently US Top Gear is on the out now

slashgear.com/top-gear-usa-cancelled-by-history-channel-rutledge-wood-reveals-28446175/

Oh well, the only good thing related to Top Gear anymore is James May and Cars of the People.

Someone actually thought id would be witty to bring a hospital bed on to the set and ordered someone to do it

a fucking hospital bed

>evans top gear can't simply replicate that after just a few episodes, but that's what people want, so now they're disappointed.

It isn't just that. The few remaining key staff (evans vs leblanc) are dysfunctional towards one another. Leblanc wants evans's job, so there is no cooperation there to help evans do his job better. A show where supporting people get promotions by pulling down the top dog is going to suffer.

If it makes Evans look stupid, then someone who wants Evan's job will do it.

The screaming man must go.

>driving skill is bonkers
>bonkers
>IT'S BONKERS BRO, IT'S BONKERS!!!
fucking bongs