I think it's time for Chevrolet to scrap the corvette and begin something different to take on the supercars of today...

I think it's time for Chevrolet to scrap the corvette and begin something different to take on the supercars of today. Im ready to see the corvette end production for good.

The corvette just doesn't have it anymore.
>It's not desirable.
>It's not reliable.
>The interior is not up to par. >It's not exotic like the Ford GT.
> literally nobody aspires to own one. People will buy a 5-10 year old Porsche over a new corvette
> nobody is excited about the corvette any more.

I think Chevrolet should take their mid engine design and give it a new name and put a halt to the corvette production. Keep the camaro and make something more exotic.

Let's think of a new name for the car that replaces the corvette.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about and take shitposting on Veeky Forums as fact

Chevrolet OP Is A Fag

I know this is bait or an incredibly ignorant person but Corvette is the perfect name just about

only other name that could work is Clipper and Packard used that decades ago

Chevrolet fastcar

The Corvette name is an icon for Chevrolet though. It will never die.
In 2000, Chevrolet noticed the coupe market was dieing. They had to kill off either the Camaro or Corvette since the Monte Carlo had just been redesigned. In 2002 the Camaro and Firebird were killed to protect the Corvette.

GM will die before they cancel the Corvette.

I thought unstead of trying to make the C7 "Italian-inspired" they should've just kept it as a boomer weekend car and design something else entirely to really compete with exotics and mid-engine Ferd GT type cars.

Maybe even build it under the Cadillac make or something. If Pontiac was still around, they could do a mid-engined Pontiac that isn't a total turd.

>literally nobody aspires to own one

L O L
maybe not people who are /into/ cars, but the corvette is the pipe dream of middle class kids across america

Or they could just build both and make the FR version cheaper

Even cheaper? It's already dirt cheap for a car of its capability. You Americans are fucking spoiled by your bargain bin prices.

>tfw modern mid engined 4 rotor chebby never

>Italian-inspired
is that not the entire point of the corvette and Chevrolet in general
America is better at pretending to be European than doing its own thing

The Corvette was killed as well. The 92 C5 was killed which is why the C4 lasted so long, and was set to end production in 97. McLean saved the Corvette by continuing its development in secret with money taken from other projects. By the time what he was doing was revealed the demand for a new Corvette was too great for GM to ignore. McLean was forced to leave once the C5 went into production.

GM was already ready to pull the plug on the Fbody when their FWD replacements failed. Then they refused to give the cars an all new platform which is why we got the rebodied fourth gen. It was set to end production in 98. Protest from Chevy and Pontiac is why we got the restyled 98-02 cars. They couldn't bring sales up and new safety regulations finally gave GM enough reason to kill them.

it's like the inbred son of a viper and a catfish

nice one familio

Americans literally get basically any new mercedes for 2/3 the price of Europe, and less than half the price of Australia. I'm not even joking or exaggerating.

Not him but I could see it. Make the 2 seater FR car powered by a V6 with the new twin turbo V6 optional. Bring back an old name and call it the Corvair.
Then have the new MR halo car the Corvette with the base cars having the twin turb V6. A special track pack would give it a N/A V8, and then an 'all hell breaks loose' ZR1 model with either a N/A V8 destroker screamer or a S/C V8.

If they remade it as the corvair, itd have to be air cooled otherwise I'd lose my shit

They can't make it air cooled. Why do you think Porsche switched to water cooling in the 1990's? Emissions targets are too stringent for air cooled cars any more.

>I think it's time for Chevrolet to scrap the corvette and begin something different to take on the supercars of today.

I think it's time for Samsung to give up its brand name and begin something different to take on the superdevices of the day.

I think it's time for Hershey to give up its brand name and begin something different in candy confectionary.

Then don't make it called the corvair. Literally air is in the name. I'm fine with anything else.

>I'm fine with anything else.
It shall be a 2 seater roadster only with a 4 cylinder engine, FWD, and an I3 cylinder engine. We shall call it the Chevrolet Nomad.