Name a single American car that is considered good outside of the U.S. and is not a meme car riding off past success

Name a single American car that is considered good outside of the U.S. and is not a meme car riding off past success.

> protip, you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vvHTN0Yi1t4
topgear.com/car-reviews/cadillac/v-62-4dr-auto/first-drive
motortrend.com/news/comparison-audi-s6-4-0t-quattro-vs-cadillac-cts-v-sport-vs-lexus-gs-f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 hurtburgers actually respond to this

/thread

Do euros get the CTS-V?

If so, CTS-V

I do hope you're joking. It's actually frightening that GM can pop out shiny bloated shitty retrimmed korean 'chevrolets' that appeal to niggers.

And people buy them.

So... after over a hundred years, millions of cars, millions of workers, and billions of dollars.

America finally manages to make a car that is comparable to European or Japanese cars, but comes from a South-African.

Well done, I guess you weren't happy with how little power you could get out of 'muh v8' so you decided to make a pussy pedal appliance. Instead of a working proper car.

Are you still mad your BMW M5 lost a drag race to a Model S?
youtube.com/watch?v=vvHTN0Yi1t4

I'm not saying Tesla's aren't good. I'm actually quite impressed that they managed to make well built electric cars on a large scale with very little experience and only after 10 or so years and a couple of million shekels.

It's just that it took America such a long time, and such a large investment of resources and manufacturing to finally make something not only desirable, but actually an outstanding car. Maybe it's because there was much less of a corporate mentality, and billions of dollars from the average ignorant U.S. dweller weren't on the line.

>niggers

>buying an $80k base price car

pick one

You beat me to it, but yeah. Also, Teslas are majorly gay.

Drugs? Rap 'music'? Stealing other people's shit?

Don't pretend that you're not fully aware of nigger activities mate.

>that is considered good outside of the U.S. and is not a meme car riding off past success.

>meme car riding off past success.

Can you elaborate on what this means? what counts as a "meme car riding off past success"? The mustang is considered a "good car" so is the new corvette. when i look up European reviews and other reviews people like it. do those not count because they are long running names? what about the GTR? is that a meme-car riding off past success because its a long running name? are you looking for a car that has no name shared with anything from the 50s 60s and 70s or in general a car that has no old-currently-in-running name?

Do the people who like the cars i just listed not count? or is this mainly just to impress you and what you personally like?

The CTS isn't related to anything korean or chevrolet. the platform was designed by Cadillac themselves and GM used it to make the new sixth gen Camaro. also people (reviewers) seem to be saying positive things about them.

topgear.com/car-reviews/cadillac/v-62-4dr-auto/first-drive
>CTS-V
motortrend.com/news/comparison-audi-s6-4-0t-quattro-vs-cadillac-cts-v-sport-vs-lexus-gs-f/
>CTS

although if you have reviews that disagree do show them i'm interested in conflicted opinions.

Isn't the Ford Focus really popular in Europe?

Pretty sure theirs is developed in Europe for the European market so bit of a stretch tbqh

That's an almost entirely German designed and built car. The only American things is the badge and 1 or 2 engines that have been available.

yes we can buy them and normal and smart yuropean people like me buys them and in generaly we love american cars, all the hate is coming from the poor people with golfs, twingos and japan shit

Mustang's can be good looking, (really old, and really new ones, e.g. 80's 'stangs are hideous), obviously have probably the best promotion and marketing for them (see: countless movies, tv, the appeal of stereotypical american things contrasted to boring european efficiency and regulations etc), and would be fun to drive if you've never experienced American cars, and you get to drive something like a shelby v8 mustang with a shitton of performance parts.

But those usually are U.S. only, and ridiculously expensive. Really in general, Mustangs are great if you get the top of the range one as a hire car, but for the rest of the time, a v6 auto mustang from 200x is really just a surprisingly slow, bloated, badly built meme car. There are reviews (top gear, others) saying how unrefined, cheaply made, and even poorly built American cars (especially the budget performance cars) really are. The appeal is lost when they suddenly need to have an air of practicality or fuel efficieny or reliability.

I'm sorry to push the buttons of every America car enthusiast who will likely be butthurt and scream about how American cars 'are getting better' and how 'german cars are over engineered CRAP, Japanese cars are fucking SHIT and GAY'. But they just can't accept that America's cars are just overrated, and don't live up to the standards set by the American auto industry of decades gone past, and foreign competitors.

My understanding with American cars like the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, ect is that in Europe they're rather uncommon because of all the taxes levied upon them so when you see one in Europe it's pretty special and neat kind of like how we see Supras and Skylines in America.

is this true? I know I've talked to guys who work with classic American cars who talk about how you can almost double what you'd get in the states for a 60's Mustang by exporting it to Europe.

>Top trim = good, else is shit
Applies to every car? You're telling me a Europeans just make beautiful cars at every level? A BMW 325i is some masterpiece of engineering at every level? Fuck no, and an M3 nowadays is hardly justifiable as a performance model.

>Standards set years ago
Which the German cars are not living up to themselves either.

New noteworthy US cars: Fiesta ST, Focus RS, Shelby GT350R, Camaro SS, Chevy SS, CTS-V

American cars are past the point of "getting better," and if anything, they're underrated.

i think what he is saying is that top model "Good" but you cannot see how anyone would buy models under it since top model is barely good

expect 2 of 6 of those models are designed and built by ford europe

Dollar for dollar, just about every American sports car is better than what Europe is producing now.

Ford F series

Not sure about Europe but I'm in Korea right now and on average day I see more ferraris than proper american cars (not rebadged daewoos)

Good luck catching anyone when your car's battery dies off too much strain, fags.

Must suck living in an undeveloped nation like Australia or Europe

BIG GRILLZ FOR BIG THRILZ

The only American manufacturer I would ever buy from is Ford. The only European manufacturer I would buy from is Audi. I would buy from just about any Japanese manufacturer.

The rest are trash through and through.

Ford Fiesta seems to do very well in Yurop. IIRC Clarkson liked it on a Top Gear episode.

Yup. the only correct answer.

Those are made by Ford Europe

>Ford Europe
Do you not see "Ford" in the name? Ford is an American company.

>made by Ford Europe
So? Toyota Corollas aren't American just because they are made in America you dumbass.

Ford Europe is German

designed devoloped and built in Europe

sure is American

Owned by Ford America, the parent company, which is American. You can argue semantics all you want but that doesn't change the fact that Ford isn't a non-American company.

You just can't accept it.

Ford Europe isnt american

you can keep being retarded if you want

>Ford isn't American
This is literally what you're saying. You're delusional.

Seek help, because I certainly can't help you. Later, fool

the "I have no idea what Im talking about so Ill leave tactic"

I suggest googling Ford Europe one of these days

Does pic related count senpai?

This little faggot here

The CTS isn't good. It's passable, but the quality of the car is hardly balanced out by the numbers GM fanboys like to throw around.

>burgers actually believe this

The ford fusion /mondeo. Inb4 normie car. You eurocucks love these fucking things

designed in britain, built in europe.

A lot of our trucks are considered top-tier, but that's pretty much it.

I did some work for a company that restored 66-70 mustangs and shipped them to Japan.
Japanese laws are very strict, they had to be certified "factory restorations", down to having the speedos reset to zero.
Dude made bank though.

*65-70
I get suck there because I have multiple 66's
64 1/2 is not a model, its a mid year release (that's common nowadays but was unheard of then)

Mustang, Camaro. Benchracing aside both offer affordable (except for EU, where dangerous assault engines are taxed to hell and back) performance.

They're bringing Mustangs to Australia now too. All the preordered ones are sold out and they're scrambling for parts for more RHD models.

>meme car
Arbitrary term.

this

Only Murcia has real vans

we never think of you OP

Still a Ford :^)

>ctrl+f viper
>0

wat

If the new mustang was called something else it would still be good.
Isn't it the best selling sports car in Germany at this point?

GM Master Race

gt40 replicas

You could have just asked 'are there good american cars?'
instead you've asked about american cars which fall under an increasingly narrow and vague scope for no particular reason.

Yes, there are good american cars. There are also crappy ones. They really aren't that much different from the euros and the japs in the broad spectrum except that they're sometimes less fuel efficient. I think ford ecoboost is on the way to changing all that.

A real point you could make here would be that american manufacturers only offload crap in europe and elsewhere around the world. That may well be the case - as I understand it, californians are fairly upset that they get crappy versions of the cars everyone else enjoys because the emissions compliance is slapped on at the end. Wouldn't surprise me if it's even worse in europe.
It would be much easier to see this point if you would calm down and take break on the buzzwords.

Fucking gross.

>Mercedes-Benz US isn't German, it's obviously American!!

That's how fucking stupid you sound.

>being realistic AND using logic

Get the fuck off my board, you piece of shit.

OP said no memes

Kek

"'Increasigly narrow and vague scope"

Basically, if it's not considered good outside America, then it's purely because the seppo's who think it's good are delusional, and have resorted to "muh domestic" pride, failing to realise that American manufacturers are not the car gods they think they are.

This was a deliberate shitpost btw. I wanted to stir shit up because I was bored, why would I ask something like this and actually expect reasonable people to calmy discuss and respect other opinions when the thread is founded on the most obvious bait apart from the fucking corvette/GTR meme.

MB US cars arent designed and made in US

Why does OP drive such a shitty car?

Calm your tits mate. This is actually bait.

But i will answer that seriously. The problem with American cars is not always design, (even though the focus and Fiesta are designed by GERMANS and British in Europe, whereas the Merceds is just BUILT in America. They are not the same thing) it's the quality of materials and build. Workers are never doing the same thing long enough to get experienced, management is changed around to keep people happy, and they often do cleansheet designs from scratch without perfecting old ones. Hence, everything feels like a draft, because there is no knowledge gained from perfecting things over time. In Japanese toyota factories, the workers are almost life-dedicated to utmost quality, and they perfect the same skill over 30 or 40 years. They work on the model of continual improvement, while Americans keep going back to the drawing board every year or new model, which is only good for cars that are disastrously bad in every way.

Not mine. I drive a god-tier e36.

One off with fuck all production. And guess what, Americans love to gush about how it is "the best and fastest and coolest pickup ever", when the Australians have been better at it for 30 years.

Pic related, even though it's not a pickup, it's a sedan with a tray. or a UTE

I travel to the USA a lot for work and always try to rent these because they are quite a nice car. Don't see too many on the roads though. Not sure if they're just being targeted more as a fleet vehicle or because it isn't a truck.

If I wanted a normie car I'd give the Mondeo a serious thought.

So... an SS-commodore with a chevrolet badge on it is 'still an American Chevy', even though it's entirely Australian designed and built on an Australian developed platform that's used in the Camaro and some Cadillacs/? That;s how retarded you sound. You're like one of those fags who would buy a riced out pt-cruiser with flood damage, but it's sold as new with a Ferrari badge on it so you eat that shit up like a normie.

I've even seen these in South Africa

I guess GM does have the most global influence next to Ford

that goal post moving

Not the same person but are still wrong.
Ford Motor Company owns and oversees Ford of Europe.
That means it is still an American company regardless of what you think or say.
Just because toyota designed, manufatured and sold the Tundra only in the states doesnt mean its an American truck.

I love the handling and the m/s5x but bmw really fucked up interior build quality in the 90s.

Does Chevy own the commodore rights?
That makes it an American owned company.
Pretty sure that makes it an American car.

I have never seen these in SA

Where did you see them? I'm in sandton

The only decent ones are made by Ford Europe.

American cars are amazing. Vehicles like Corvette, Mustang, Charger, they all represent individuality and freedom. I fucking WISH we had cars like that in Europe

HEARTBEAT OF AMERICA

Whether or not this is sarcastic, Americans got the best deal with cars, cheap-ass power (and overall decent cars as of late) that are actually affordable to own and run.

ford trucks and teslas

mustang, look up the sales numbers for the new 5.0 in yurop

ford mondeo was a european car long before it was sold in the US

Now that's a real car

real shit

>and is not a meme car riding off past success.

>no! it doesn't count!
BTFO!!!

designed and built by europeans for europeans.

Jeep CJ.

seriously. the only place in yurop where i saw multiple american cars at the same time was an off-road trail.

So the Toyota Venza is an "American Car" because it was designed and built in America?

yes. the same goes for, say, Hyundai Sonata.

nigga you dumb

>n-no it doesn't count because
Jesus christ, the deluded yurocucks on here need to be IP banned