/scg/edg/ Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #33

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/how-rats-turned-their-private-paradise-into-a-terrifyin-1687584457
youtube.com/watch?v=fSKwN1YIafo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

niggers

By making the the alien ship a shitty static object in the game and then making us wait for months until they actually introduce them

By making it so you only ever see them when they pull you out of witch space and buttfuck you to death without giving you even a tiny chance to succeed.

Being Space FBI is the reason I got so fucking moist over the Cutlass Blue before the ship turned out to be a heaping pile of biowaste. I'm still looking forward to the role and hoping they give you the ability to just straight up sign up as an agent in-universe, but my enthusiasm has somewhat decreased with the utility of the ships that're supposed to be doing the job.

wow the new thrustmaster hotas sounds sick
>In total, this provides gamers with 9 axes, 30 buttons and two 8-way POVs – plus 3 extra axes via the optional TFRP rudder.

but I already have a t.16000m and I can't reach the hat or top buttons comfortably with my thumb. How do I go about extending my thumb? I saw those asian thumb extenders for smart phones but I think they are just a gag gift.

7th for Delta >>>>> Legionnaire
both vie for title of the most heavily armed tiny craft
both die if caught out by anything
Delta can actually dodge

>Aliens confirmed.
>How will frontier fuck this up?
By forgetting humans used to be a minority before the Empire gassed all the planets with non-humans on them so as to make room for more human colonies?

>can't reach the hat or top buttons comfortably with my thumb

Are you a baby?

I have short fingers but am otherwise an adult

Why doesn't the UEE enforce anti-monopoly legislation against Big Benny's? They seem to control the whole ramen market.

Are you a qt 4'11" girl be honest

can I tickle your tiny feminine dick?

>The democratic government changed abruptly to one of strict Imperial rule, and from then on the family assumed leadership. Female children in the family are prevented with genetic techniques such is the vehement hatred of Marlin Duval's principles and vision of a world living in peace.
What went wrong?

More evidence of the alien genocide coverup.

>Harmless Rodents
>deadly civil war

Hitler won in ED's timeline.

no I'm a fucking white male
no my peen is 7"

my thumb is only 2.25" from the crease. I am curious how long other people's thumbs are and if they enjoy using the t.16000m

the design seems too long and curved forward to me. The ch joysticks look much shorter and functional so I want to get one of those someday.

Even a harmless race can kill each other. That's something PLANTS do. The harmless adjective comes from the perspective of a human.

this girl is a qt but her basic profile makes her sound like le mother of dragons. Is she that bad in the lore?

Hi Nick!

What's wrong with Blue, and does it affect Red? I thought the idea of space paramedic would be sweet as hell, I love playing medbay in ss13.

If the empire/fed war started because the empire gassed an alien planet to make a new colony - er, "forcibly relocated the population of an alien planet", where did they move the population to? And how come these aliens don't exist 100 years later, to the point that nobody acknowledges that they existed in the first place. What started the empire/fed war then?

>2 billion rodents
>not genociding each other
>"peaceful"
Cover up.

io9.gizmodo.com/how-rats-turned-their-private-paradise-into-a-terrifyin-1687584457

It's less the Blue and more the base hull. I've heard it flies and behaves better in 2.5, but I haven't flown it lately. The variants are still not flyable.

Holy fuck, all the shit Derek has done finally makes sense. He is still asshurt about Ben's comments from 12 fucking years ago.

Isn't there some kind of nonlethal-focused Avenger variant in the works though? For bringing them in alive?

How do I get better at flying?

I feel like I can't kill anything in my Avenger

you mean the very first version?

because the first one has prisoner cells

Ben is gone though and Derek sees those type of comments from everyone he ever interacts with.

Avenger Warlock, yes. They need to fix resetting of weapon groups before that one becomes viable. I hate having to reset my bindings every time I get in the cockpit, especially since they really don't like resetting so your EMP generator isn't on primary fire and every single gun on your ship is on secondary. The Stalker has prisoner cells, which is what was talking about, but the Warlock only has EMP in the trunk, so you'd have to stuff your bounty in through the cockpit and lock them in the bed, which isn't exactly going to be fun.

Holy SHIT someone teach this guy how to avoid rocks by boosting over them. Shit is embarassing.

pick a different ship

also do you have strafing and reverse strafe mapped? (I think it's bugged again and you have to actually bind forward strafe to reverse throttle)

I thought non-lethal weaponry for personnel and ships was happening? Ion guns designed to disable ship sections on the ship models, radar lock jamming and all that. Don't know what they'll do for fps, I can see stun shotgun blasts but how are you going to arrest people? Timed self disintegrating plastic cuffs?

Use the Tigerstreik as a main. It's gimballed so you can aim easily.

>Avoid rocks by boosting over them

Mind explaining real quick? A part of the reason I hate horizons is because of how much of a bitch the SRV is from my experience so far.

>Ben is gone

What?

Put all pips into engines, hit space to jump when you're a few seconds away from smacking a rock and you'll float over it.

You should keep all pips in engines at all times unless fighting.

my thumb is too short to reach the topmost button and hat on my ch fighter stick.

>Ben is gone though

Nah man he was just in the hospital for a while.

>and Derek sees those type of comments from everyone he ever interacts with.

Yeah but none of those people end up a designer on a $120 million crowd funded property that shits all over everything Derek has ever made. Hell, I remember Chris saying that Ben remembers more about Wing Commander than he does. That's one of the reasons he went from Community Manager to having a direct role in the design of new ships.

Wheres guy with connie aquila pic?

Alternatively:

Get into the turret, spin it around to the back and proceed to drive everywhere backwards.

No longer doing donuts and rarely ever hit rocks anymore.

Hopefully him and the avenger poverty craft poster are both dead.

I know Drake Interplanetary was Ben's idea, ""search & rescue"" advertised craft that everyone knows is used for piracy instead, what ships has he helped in the design work of?

How?? Can you not reach all the buttons on the logitech stick?

Someone here mentioned that to me before. Though I'm not too thrilled about the idea of having to drive backwards to get the damn thing to drive decently.

>avenger
Best ship.

Who /GoToAVanduulSystemAndKillAsManyAspossibleForAPaycheck/ here?

it would be cool if you could enter through cockpit and the MFDs were actually in front of your face instead of a stupid helmet

right now it makes me want to shoot everyone at port olisar

I can't wait to hijack a Scythe/glaive and slowly snip off those flimsy parts.

The SRV's design is ass-backwards.

Literally.

All the mass is in the back and it has the most clearance, so that's the end that wants to face forward.

>best poverty tier ship
At least get it right.

how do I enable AA in SC and does it make a difference

Boost jumping is funner. And way, way faster.

will the argo be like a forklift simulator within the game?

it looks pretty cool. Has anyone flown it yet?

Wrong, still.

I don't have time for that.
I've got to get this load Xi'An C'oors across the Terra Loop for some rich guy's party in Helios. It's a good thing my friend's in his blocker M50

Will SC have weapon platforms? They were really fun to go up against.

Youre so fucking slow, dude.

S P A C E S U P E R I O R I T Y

You need a Hull C picture to make a Smokey and the Bandit reference work right, user.

>poverty tier ship

Fine then you show me a good wallpaper of a Hull C from in game.

I may be slow, but at least I have best ship.

Not the Aquila. Aquila is for discovering.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Polaris. I think he sits in on all the ship design meetings now.

which ship handles the best and why is it the Imperial Clipper?

Handles great at the price of being 75% useless in combat.

Am I the only one that can't stand external cargo?

>tank treads

if there's one thing the mediocre ingame implementation got right, it's getting rid of those

literally awful

>Open loaded
What other kind of fucking loaded does the Hull series have?

FDL with g5 dd.

Hull strikes me more like a Cargo tanker

The tracks were arguably stupid, but considering that it's supposed to operate on like border world military planetary outposts, at least putting wheels on the damn thing might have been a good idea.

Yep. I'm the exact opposite. Give me cargo trailers to haul through asteroids

youtube.com/watch?v=fSKwN1YIafo

What's best fit for a semi truck? Freelancer, with the ad, is clearly meant to be a pickup truck.

can't wait to shoot rockets at that

Freelancer MAX?
Constellation Tarus?

almost every ship is guilty of having fucking skids unfortunately

it's part of the reason why I like the avenger's design

Will I find more USSs by moving around in a system in SC, or can I just park my ship at 30km/s and still find them at the same rate?

>Destroy convoys of fuel loaded carriers
>Now get stuck in bumfuck nowhere having to travel for six irl weeks just to refuel

mine's about to get fit for a pleasure cruise exploration role. its supercruise handling is to die for and makes the searching of systems very tolerable.

the fdl does 514m/s heavy duty killfit

Alright anons.

Take your favorite ship from Elite and your favorite ship from SC. Throw them into the arena, which would come out on top? Which game has the better combat ships?

The Hull series is definitely supposed to be the Semi of Star Citizen. And the delivery truck. And the ice-cream truck. And the cargo tug. And every variety of cargo carrier.

Hull A or B is the Semi.
C is the Cargo Train
E is the Cargo Barge

>deep south flight control operator.

Would this thing fall if it got too far into atmosphere

please respond

what if they had cargos full of popcorn kernels and then when you blow them up they shoot popcorn everywhere

Yes.

Post your killfit.

Meanwhile, the Hull-D is pic related, with MRAP modifications available.

If you try to go into atmosphere in anything larger than a Hull-B while fully laden, you will be unable to land except in water.

You can drive at full speed and boost jump while going backwards just fine. The difference is rocks are even easier to clear and the vehicle doesn't want to spin out every time you touch the ground.

As long as they're the same class, ED will always beat SC ships. Their stats are beyond ridiculous.

Same rate.

Neat