Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, my parents are thinking of buying me a newer car because they're afraid my shitbox will break down and kill me, and I'm too poor to buy another one myself if it does sudoku so I'm inclined to go along with them. The problem is, I'm quite fond of my shitbox (rt135 corona) and if I'm gonna give it up before its natural demise I'd like something not a soulless shitbox to replace it, but I want to pick something that my parents will be happy with buying as it's their money (they're quite fond of a late 2000s Yaris for example).

Budget is probably 5000-10000 USD (I'm in the US). My main concern is reliability, but I go to Veeky Forums so I'm autistic and want something that will satisfy my autism when I'm driving it. My parents wouldn't really want to buy me anything pre 2005, maybe I could stretch it to 2000. They also only drive jap cars and don't trust anything American though I could probably push em.

I was thinking an IS300 but my parents see lexus and think it's a bit fancy so I'd feel like a bit of a dick if I push it too much. Crown Vic isn't jap unfortunately, again I could push it but I dunno. Maybe an EP3 civic? Basically just looking for any ideas of stuff that's not terribly boring but looks safe/cheap, and has good reliability for a poorfag. I'm really out of my element here because I usually only sperg out on 70s and 80s jap and german shit.

Just tell them Lexus is the same thing as Toyota. If it's an early 2000s model you're not exactly lying.

Lexus is justba Toyota with some fancy bits. Get them to drop the $10k into the corona, brake/suspension upgrade, 3sgte or something. Everyone wins.

A Yaris is perfectly fine. You'd be surprised at the aftermarket support available to them.

Not if you lower and stance it like that, listen up your parents kiddo

Yeah, I told 'em that but I'd like to make em as happy as possible with it being their dosh, looking to see if there's anything else out there that could work better before goin too hard on it.

Hmm, that is surprising. 2ZR-FE not bad then?

I don't have that bad of taste, I'd keep the appearance stock even if I wasn't poor as fuck.

I wish I could just dump the cash into my corona but it's got some accident damage from a rich sandnigger slamming into me. I managed to repair it enough to be DDable but enough to make putting loads of money into it saving her not a good idea with my current economic state. If it wasn't for the damage I wouldn't even consider getting rid of her.

lexus. show them comparisons in terms of reliability. luxury car isnt a bad thing, it means they wont fall apart. theyre built well and it shows. is300 is the ideal car if you dont mind automatic. soarers are also sexy. just do not fucking waste your money on newer lexus'

why yaris over a fit?

We're in the same position but I'm saving up for a 1999 Lexus LS400. Dealer told me to instead finance a 2008 Lexus but fuck that it's way too much

Can get a manual in the US at least, just not a sportcross. Damn shame too cause I've got a fetish for wagons.

fuuck thats pretty

Get the is300. Pic related is mine

Same exact situation and I think Lexus is the only way

I'm looking for an ls430 but worst case scenario I'll fall back on an is300 and save the cash. I just want a comfy luxobarge to keep as my DD for the next like 10 years

>A Yaris is perfectly fine.
Only a person who bought a Yaris and is trumping it up would say this. It is a woeful little shitbox

>I'm too poor to buy another one myself if it does sudoku
If your car is solving math problems, you could probably make some money from it.

>hello Veeky Forums, my parents are gonna buy me a car and...

typical Veeky Forums post right here gentlemen

Would be more entertaining if the 'rents came on Veeky Forums and asked what they should get their special snowflake.

3rd gen MR2

Subaru Legacy turbo wagon

This.
Swap in a 2zz and your good to go.

>wants to get an IS300 or a fucking civic si
Let them decide what car they want to buy you, it's their money not yours. If they want to get you a soulless shitbox then deal with it you spoiled brat.

>5000-10000 USD (I'm in the US

Your parents are giving you that much money for a car...?

MR2 spyder is actually a pretty damn good car, after you get over the 'cute' appearance of it.

What's strange about that