Are s2000's next in line to appreciate to astronomical numbers?

are s2000's next in line to appreciate to astronomical numbers?

similar to porsche 911 and e30 m3

Other urls found in this thread:

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5603887622.html
autoblog.com/2016/06/27/acura-nsx-hybrid-wins-time-attack-2-division-pikes-peak/
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5625838299.html
s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1148423-i-bought-a-s2000-and-got-ripped-off/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sure fucking seems like it lately. ive been trying to buy one for 3 months and finding one even near bluebook is nigh on impossible. theres a guy on CL here asking 32k for one with 50k miles, thats 1k under msrp for fuck's sake.

Yeah that fuck is delusional, I almost bought one the same for 18k.
No, like every Honda they made a metric fuck ton of them. In order to appreciate the car needs to be rare. Clean examples will always fetch a premium but their prices will never increase. That said you can always find some fuckboi fool to rape, like that dude in NY who bought an overpriced clapped out S2K and god screwed the top and KWs.

>15k for a salvage title
fuck that

To further they made 66,000 S2000s just in the USA alone. The didn't make 66k 911s, or 66k e30 m3s. Pic related is number two car to possibly appreciate.

1M=740 in the USA
Z4M Coupe=1815 in the USA
e30 m3=5300 in the USA

The e30 m3 is a bit up there in production numbers but it has motorsport heritage, something the s2k does not. Don't get me wrong, the s2k is an okay car, but it will never appreciate simply due to volume

They literally have gone up in my area though, ap2s used to go for around 17k and now im lucky if i see an ap1 for under 18k

Asking price doesn't equal selling price, small variations in market value is normal, and it is expected for used cars to slowly increase in value if they aren't being used. Appreciate means worth more than MSRP (or at least pretty damned near). Buying a car and flipping it a year later for one k profit is hardly appreciation, and I don't mean that in a dick way.

The car just lacks rarity. If price does increase beyond the level weebs can afford it will stagnate as there are just too much supply. People don't fly across the country to buy the right s2000, (well except that one jew yorker) and when they do hit that level supply will far exceed demand. I really think 23-24k is going to be the cap on value for a low mileage S2000. I also don't think it helps that Honda is beyond dead as a brand and as exciting as Toyota. Nobody new is becoming a fan boy so demand for the S2K will hardly grow. Just my 2cents.

>not buying an NC miata for 8k

BUT IT'S CUSTOM BRO

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5603887622.html

:^)

Honda fanboys are delusional. Modern day boomers.

>they made 66,000 S2000s just in the USA alone

yea but think of the millions of honda fanboys that grew up driving riced out civics

the s2000 is their dream car

meanwhile no one really knows about the z4m

>something the s2k does not
kek

>but their prices will never increase.

bullshit. It's a classic car thanks to the over 9000 meme engine that has the bonus of appealing to Honda fanboys. Combine this with the fact that it seems like the majority of owners crash them into guardrails and they are going to go up without a doubt.

>A pristine example low mileage high demand vehicle commands a high price

Absolutely shocking news

It doesn't you hondafag. Come on.

Nobody but poorfags actually aspire to acquire an S2000. Its a pretty mediocre car, from a drab brand. Once those hondafags grow up, there will never be more, and they eventually will be able to afford better cars. Like I said before 23-24k. Like it or not they will never be collector cars.
This. There is nothing mind blowing about it.

besides for wrecking SCCA autox events across the country, STILL!
WUNDERKEK here boisssss

>SCCA autocross
>motorsport history
Wow.

yes it does, literally lurk moar

It's as prestigious an an Audi A4. Come on dude.

Outside of Japan, not really.

If you truly think the Honda S2000 is "just a mediocre car," you are officially the most ignorant person in this thread.

so, just like the e30 which was only succesful in yurop?

confirmed for retard

Confirmed for weeb. Name one series the S2000 has ever won, let alone competed in outside of gook land.
>His brand never even made a racing only version of the car
>He thinks a roadster is a race car

Literally, fucking why?

Number one, why is a ten year old fucking honda going for that much?

Number two, why are you even considering it? You could have a Lotus Elise or a Corvette for that fucking much.

ITS. A. FUCKING. HONDA.

Test drove it, bought a much faster and better car. Sorry bud, but it is mediocre and slow. Its nice, but there are far better cars out there, even in the roadster segment. Nice car, but beyond over rated. Maybe someday you'll know

>b-but those d-don't count!!
kek, maximum asshurt

>Name one series the S2000 has ever won

24H of nurburgring, VLN

>bmw cuck this assmad

top kek

The successor to the S2000 is coming in 2018 for Honda's 70th anniversary.

>just like the e30 which was only succesful in yurop?

Yes, but far more people know and care about DTM and rallying than they do odd Japanese touring car races. Neither of us can even name any of those championships.

>bmw

kek, so sorry to hear

>things that are propular are better
according to you bieber is good then

>he can't name a japanese toruing car championship
fucking pleb

>a company that makes 150,000 dollar luxury cars has an average cost to maintain than a 1.3L turbocuck company
Color me surprised.
>24H of nurburgring, VLN
Name two

I'm a bmwfag but that doesn't mean i don't appreciate all cars, i'm just saying the s2000 isn't that fast, doesn't have the motorsport history of other cars, and the brand sucks. I wouldn't bet on one ever costing 50k sugar tits.
Sorry you're poor. I've never lost to an S2K, and my interior isn't designed by a blind chinaman.

Anyways good luck saving your shekels to buy an S2000

> metric fuck ton of them

22,000 in the U.S. How many first-gen Mustangs were sold in America? Hint: a fuck ton more than 22,000. Some of those had pitiful performance, but still hold good value.

In another 15 years, take half of the S2ks off the market due to rust, crashes, stance, or theft, and you have 10,000 examples of a well-performing (for its time), highly regarded sports car with an impressive spec sheet and a dedicated following. Yeah, they'll go up in value.

>Name two
I already did, you are a retard and doesn't know what VLN is, thats not my problem

also

>the brand sucks
>literally coming from a bmw fangirl
holy kek

but hey, keep proving you are a clueless autist

My mistake, I just checked and Wikipedia says there were 66k sold in the U.S.

I still stand by my point.

>bmw
>motorsport
When did BMW participate in F1?

>bmw cuck thinks bmw is any good
>weeb doesn't know about bmw in f1
sure is fucking summer

>all these projections
>all this assmad

If a FR car with 120 hp/liter, 9k-rpm redline, double-wishbone suspension, 50:50 weight distribution, and one of the best shifters of all time is "mediocre" to you, what are you even doing on this board?

>hp/liter
you can smell the desperation

Yes they'll appreciate, along with well-kept examples of any other Si or Type-R Honda from the late 80s to 2001. Anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the used car market.

Why is volumetric efficiency not important when discussing engines?

It looks like a CR-Z buttfucked a CRX and the cum dribbled into a VW Golf.

Thanks for confirming you are a retard
Name a single honda made it ten years that doesn't suck. The only decent car they ever made was the s2k and NSX, and both were marginal. Sorry I upset you speaking the subject at hand. Our brandfaggotry doesn't affect the basis of discussion.
And the other cars in class, Z4M and the Boxster S, blow it out of the water. Its cool, but slow dawg.
Its not but the 343hp S54 does way more than 100hp/L NA.

Look, its a cool car, its just not that grade, they made nearly 70k in the US, Honda is a dying brand. they just aren't going to be collectible. Look at it objectively fanboys

And yet there's still too many of them on the road in decent shape to appreciate noticeably at this point in time. They're just going to quit depreciating. The availability of used FRS/BRZs will also lower demand and resale on used S2Ks too being a fairly similar car (less power, but 10 years newer).

Z4M Coupes are appreciating just because of the Z3M Coupe. They're rare. E36 M3s are also going to appreciate given the low amount of them still in decent shape (shithead teenage owners with failed track car dreams of a malaise era BMW with the shittiest plastic and rubber possible in places it doesn't belong). S2000s still need at least 10-15 more years.

Uhhh, since the 1970s and 80s? You're arguing against a company that's been knee deep in motorsports (F1, English and German Touring Cars, even JGTC) for its history.

>talking about the s2000
>gets BTFO
>n-name a new car

yeah nah, you can suck cock

Thank god someone who isn't retarded. The e36 M3 is actually the perfect example of why the S2000 won't appreciate until any old car would
>Z4M Coupes are appreciating just because of the Z3M Coupe.
Far from the truth. The clownshoe is sexy, the Z4MC is one of the last of the great automobiles. Both are appreciating for different reasons, but obviously the S54 is most of it.

Honda isn't making newfan boys dude, thats the whole point. Thanks for agreeing. Even fucking VW still makes sport cars. Honda is dead, and with that the hardcore fans will eventually dwindle away. Part of being a collectible car is having a diehard, and growing, fanbase.

Oh I guess I misunderstood you, the e36 M3 will not appreciate and neither will the S2000

>Honda is dead

how can you say that when honda has finally seen the light and are beginning to turbo everythiing?

>FF
dropped.

Thing is that S2000s are cheating at autocross. Rev limit, gearing, and good everything does wonders.

And yes I'm a not-quite-mad-but-quite-jelly Miatafag.

honda's trademark has always been hopped up econobox's that can be modified cheaply

not saying you have to like it, just understand why tons of people might like it

The S52 is a 3.2 liter engine making 330 hp in America, so technically lower volumetric efficiency than the S2k. What's your point?

> Boxster
I love the Boxster but most were slower and pricier than the S2k when new. And even ones that could compete with the S2k are worth less in the used market. Base 986.1s are $6k in my area. I think the market has already spoken in that regard.

They are easily modified because they all have the same fucking parts and engines, and transmissions, and suspensions.
Pretty much any Honda thing can be made to work in another Honda.
I really just want to drop a CRV AWD system into a Civic tho.

Except it already is. 10+ years of sitting at the under magical $10k price point has made it a victim of teenage idiots punting them into ditches and trees, daily driving them in the rust belt until the shock towers come apart, or just turning them into failed track car dreams. It doesn't help they never had the best build quality (who are we kidding it's a BMW).

The few out there that aren't automatic or convertible are just going to appreciate (assuming they have a clean title and under 150k miles).

The S2000 is just too new and reliable for that to happen. Doesn't help their fanbase is either made up of wrinkly old men keeping them as immaculately preserved weekend cars who know what they got or just let it sit for ages on end. Or if not it's minorities who hit the ghetto lotto and want something nicer than their clapped out 1994 EG hatch with a few simple mods

>986.1
>$6k
BurgerBucks? Because if even a base Boxster is pulling 6k, then the IMS bearing must be making noise.

I agree but their only halfway decent car is a FF hopped up shitbox. Their glory days are far over. Honda died out long before new BMWs, but at least BMW still has the prestige, M marque, and fan boys who will spend 50k on an old ass e30 m3. It just isn't happening with Honda imo
>volumetric efficiency
Literally doesn't matter. The point is 100hp/L is not impressive. Thats like saying the LSX sucks cuz muh efficiency. I do agree the engine in the S2K is awesome but there is no replacement for power, especially when for the price the S2k is bottom in class
>I love the Boxster but most were slower and pricier than the S2k when new.
Oh god man I only mean the Boxster S or the Z4M. Fuck the rest of that shit.

The most pristine E36 M3 on earth hardly sells for 16k. They bottomed out for 60k mileage cars in my area. I think the S2000 will bottom out 23-24k for the same car in the future. You will never buy a S2K or E36 M3 for 50k. Too many, not that fast, not such great history.

That and NA Miatas. People add coilovers to them and hike the price to like 8-10,000. It's getting insane.

they do make the NSX though, and it just won at pikes peak

autoblog.com/2016/06/27/acura-nsx-hybrid-wins-time-attack-2-division-pikes-peak/

Pretty much, I fully agree. They're appreciating but not to the level that people think a air-cooled 911 or E30 M3 will. I think it's more of a stabilizing of prices. I doubt the S2000 will appreciate seriously (just because of similar cars like the BRZ) but it's definitely stopped depreciating.

I'm personally probably gonna try to import a LHD E36 M3 3.0 Evo from Japan when they're legal. Prices are $12-16k for Canadians

But its a gay hyper car dude. People want shit they can have, or dream of attaining. The reason you sackride honda is cuz you are probably late 20s and remember when they were the go to, as I do. Kids today don't give a fuck about honda. They are more boring than Toyota. Nissan at least has the GTR kids can one day afford.
As an Amerifag I'm mad jealous. What I really want is an e30 touring.
>but it's definitely stopped depreciating.
That it has, but if you want to make 5k in five years you have to put it away in your garage. They just won't be the legend some cars are. Would still like to own one some day tho.

Oh and I just want to say this car WILL be 50k in a few years. Just not the regular one. Will be like an e36 M3 LTW

i don't understand your reasoning lol

kids these days are irrelevant because they don't have money to buy shit. The reason why the s2000 will continue to rise in value is because people who grew up liking honda's are starting to attain more and more disposable income.

But there are 66k in the US, the fanbase is dwindling. The car is far from rare, and when those fanboys get more than 25k they will realize there are FAR better cars out there. Pristine cars will always command a premium but they will never be the next air cooled porsche or e30 m3 because too much supply, dwindling fanbase, no real motorsport history, the marque is associated with econoboxes nowadays, and honestly the car is really meh. I mean I see three S2Ks a day. Its a cool car, I like it, but they just aren't going to be worth buku bucks.
This one will be worth fuckloads. Putting an S2K away in your shop under a cover is retarded. All I'm saying.

What's your opinion on low mileage e46 m3? Obviously manual and hard top
I'm thinking to stop driving it and wait 2 years to Jew the fuck out in this game

Unless it has under 55k miles and is scratchless don't bother. Like the S2K depreciation has bottomed out at this point only mileage and wear affect value. Our cars are way too fun to put away, and maybe 5k gained off an S2K, Z4MR, or M3 is not worth the lack of enjoyment for years.

The thing with e30 M3s, clownshoes, S2K CR, 1M, and Z4MC is they were valuable as shit from day one. Hell, I remember a decade ago going to e30 meets and the M3s still sold for 16k. What you drive?

It's Right on ~55k miles and clean title clean body. I see people posting e46 m3 at 18-22k CAD. They're not many here in Canada
Hell I can count maybe

Jesus, 18-22k CAD for that lol. Damn I'm jealous. Your car in the USA would be worth 25-30USD. idk man, in my opinion the e46 M3 is like the S2000, worth more to enjoy than try to pray for a profit. If you really want money sell it and invest.

Personally I'm just happy putting 1000 miles a month on my Z4M DD'ing it, as I'd also do in an S2000 or e46 M3. When you wear it at, you buy another low mileage one and start again. They will never be cost prohibitive, so you may as well enjoy owning it.

I got the car on very good deal
Too much profit > enjoyment

some brown niggers even told me 22k for a clean M3 like this is "too much". Obviously I could just keep it and enjoy until someday it flipped price like crazy
It's weird because not only you can't find many e46 M3 in Canada, they're usually also not stock and has minor body damage. Too sad Niggers just want "a M3 bro!" They don't really care about the quality and its real value

The right people do, but honestly I think car squatters are bizarre. If you got it that cheap flip it now, unless the CA market is far different. Just as I don't see the S2000 being valuable neither do I the e46 M3. Then again I am a huge firearm collector, so if you enjoy the eye candy and not using it by all means but personally I'd just drive it till its dead and buy a new one in a few years for a few thousand more and same mileage. I accepted years ago driving fun cars costs thousands a year just in depreciation. Post some pics brah

Oh great, watch it be some gross hybrid.

>t. Mr. Bench racer

Dude, 1g mustangs are not worth much at all, aside from the fastbacks.

The American e36 m3 is a joke. It will never be as desirable as the other generations of M3.

What if I told you a turbocharger doesn't make a car great.

I feel like you're stating the obvious.

>just a regular clean stock black M3. jpg
I'm afraid E46 is gonna break down due to "bimmer reliability". I don't wanna wrench on this car even though I'm a mechanic myself. It's all good and classy but in fact not that fast. Even 350z could be as fast as e46
But thing is you can easily be a heart fan of M3 because it's perfect in its own way. I sleepy growing out of the car guy manchild phase so maybe some Jew gold is better than having a running debt. Fuck. Everytime I mention this I kinda regret thinking about selling it

>t. Mr. Bench racer
Because a faster, better handling, newer car with a better interior and more satisfy engine give a 4.6sec 0-60 doesn't matter? I wanted to buy an S2K, but its just not that great. Should I win the lotto tho one will be in my garage, til then I'll pass.
>I'm afraid E46 is gonna break down due to "bimmer reliability"
Don't be a tard, especially if you can wrench. Parts are pricey, but thats all. The S54 engine is actually insanely reliable.
>inb4 rod bearings
Yeah, thats what happens when you race cars
> Even 350z could be as fast as e46
Sure, with FI. And then it is still a shitty ass Nissan with a rubber interior.
>debt
You gotta pay to play the BMW game. IMO its worth it. If $200 giant ass CSL brake rotors scare you maybe you should flip it. This is a car for those who love cars and driving, who accept money is on object should it happen. As much as I hate to admit it Mfags are a lot like rotards.

>What if I told you a turbocharger doesn't make a car great.

What if I told you it does?

How about you post your own z4? I didn't realize the one you posted was an M. Both versions look like mutated miatas.

I understand Doritos because if I manage to keep a clean one I'd never have the cold heart to let go of it
This M3 is the same. I'm considering it only because the profit is too good. I might end up posting some unreal price and hope people don't buy it so I'd keep it for myself
But hey. My M3 is objectevely better than any one in Canada anyway. You don't find a low mileage stock manual. Period. Hope some Veeky Forumsutist would suck it up

Kek. Imo best in class by far. I just wanted a roadster and after driving many new and used cars, including s2k, Z4MR, and Boxster S the choice was easy. That said I will admit the new Boxster is far fucking better than the e89 Z4 but I didn't want to go above 30k for a DD I'll burn to the ground in two years. imo don't buy a bimmer unless its an M.
desu the engine is seriously reliable as shit. all the common issues are very well documented. less the subframe shit the e46 M3 is probably one of the best sport coupes ever made, in the day before turbos and EPS and shit. The S54 is just intoxicating.

Why won't you post your car though?

But thats my car user, just a dealer photo. They are far better photographers than me

Damn dude all you do is spam threads, and yet your car is still slower than a cobalt SS with a tune

I'm not the one who devolved it into a what do you drive thread hun
>FF
dropped.

And yet whatever you drive is still slower

Life isn't about highway rolls bud. Did you forget where you are?

>Your car
>Still slower than a trash can with a turbo

Is an S2k better than turbo'd or supercharged miata? I wouldn't pay the premium for that Honda even though i don't like miatas

Unless you are talking ND it is a far better car in every way. There is more to a street car than power. Honda least has nice leather and shit.

Define better.
Bench racing?
You can probably make a Miata faster. The big thing with the S2K is the character of the engine. For people who like them, it's all about that 9000 RPM redline. They also handle pretty well, but it's mostly about the engine from what I can tell.

> supercharger only adds 20hp over stock.
> can't tell if that's accurate or not based on cars condition.

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5625838299.html

35k $

Worth it?

>You can probably make a Miata faster
lmao

Obviously not

That's the exact same s2k some faggot was on here complaining that he bought and got shipped and received it without the hard top and other shit.

> S2000 is slow
> probably couldn't even reach the limits of a shitbox civic on the streets let alone the track

you have a "faster" car because you're a shit driver, get over it

>but it will never appreciate simply due to volume
The CR will eventually, there are only 699.

Prices seem to self-stabilized because AP1s get wrecked every time they get too cheap. And quite a few cars have salvage titles because of the seat thing, so combined with stance and rice there aren't many stock examples to be had.

>he bought and got shipped and received it without the hard top and other shit.
That was this car, it was actually a pretty big deal when it happened:
s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1148423-i-bought-a-s2000-and-got-ripped-off/

Clean ones, maybe, not these clapped out modded AP1's that are a redline away from a valve retainer failure. That being said even those have gone up

I didn't say it would be easy, but turbocharging it, like the poster asked, and suspensions mods, its possible.