Which compact sedan packs the most features/options at under $18k in the states?

Which compact sedan packs the most features/options at under $18k in the states?

I've been looking at the Rio, Elantra, Corolla, Sonic.

I want comfort in my seating with good features. Not looking for a powerhouse car just a good old A - B with good MPG.

Other urls found in this thread:

iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/kia/rio-4-door-sedan
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/chevrolet/sonic-4-door-sedan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Likely the Sonic or the Rio. Personally, I'd go with the Sonic. 18k is about the starting price for a very nicely equipped Sonic LTZ Turbo.

Sonic has a better interior and package all around. Rio's these days are just overpriced for what you get inside and mpg/engine power.

sonic/elantra > rio/corolla

scion im could be looked into but the cvt + low horses and still not insane mpg deters me. the interior is great though.

civic cvt is another choice if you're interested in cvt.

None. Spend your 18k on a more interesting car. Or shut up and buy a civic or

I was impressed at the build quality of the rental elantra that I was in last week. All sorts of features. Some trim lines come in under $18k

Hyundais and Kias offer lots of options for a low price to attract buyers away from Toyota and Honda. What features do you like? Bluetooth? Heated leather seats? Nav? Are you only looking at new cars?

New, yes.

Bluetooth, at least 1 hopefully 2 USB ports, aux not necessary if bluetooth enabled. Heated front seats would be nice. A decent console with an armrest and panel without cheap knobs and a bad screen.

No thanks.

Sonic offers almost everything you want. I don't think heated seats are available though. I believe the Fiat 500 has heated seats available though.

If you're going to spend $18+ just get a Honda civic. It is a couple of grand more but you get a safer and more reliable car. I wouldnt skimp out and get a Kia. They also have terrible crash ratings.

Why do you want korean shit? They're garbage. Try a civic or mazda 3 and its worlds difference than korean garbage

Why purchase a new car? Put that money into a fun, reliable used car that will put a smile on your face every time you drive it, not a dull Korean econobox

>I wouldnt skimp out and get a Kia. They also have terrible crash ratings.
The crash test ratings are actually decent.
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/kia/rio-4-door-sedan

But compare it with the Sonic...
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/chevrolet/sonic-4-door-sedan

>OP's looking at subcompacts with a budget that only allows highly equipped subcompacts that meet his requirements
>suggests larger compact cars of which OP could only afford base models that don't do everything he wants

Well aren't you intelligent.

OP, The Sonic is one of the best cars in class for a reason. Just remember this disclaimer from the commercials for it.

Best bang for your buck would be a used 2015 1.8t Jetta SEL or Sport. The Sport has the GLI suspension so it will handle better than most other econoboxes. The 1.8t is underrated and is really around 190 HP/205 Tq, gets 40+ MPGs on 87 pump gas. Can be tuned for 250 HP/300 TQ on 93 octane and it has a real 6 six speed trans no CVT BS.

People are getting SE's with 15k miles for ~14K or so.

With a simple tune you've got something that will embarrass any V6 sedan on the highway and equal it in the 0-60.

OP's looking for a well equipped, reliable daily driver. Not an unreliable sport sedan that cheats emissions.

>Not an unreliable sport sedan that cheats emissions.

What? Can you please just try and be logical? Seriously...

I NEVER mentioned diesel. So get that shit out of your head.

Also, these Jetta are econoboxes not sport sedans except maybe the GLI.....

the 1.8t GASOLINE engine is on wards top ten engines list, continually delivers over 40 MPG and mine in 8,700 miles has been 100% reliable.

Op will not probably listen because hes got a massive hard on with slanty eyed rice farmers aka gookreans.

>Sonic is built in America and powered by German engines in a German chassis.
>Styled by the Koreans
>Must be Korean.

There probably isn't anyone of Korean descent working in the Orion, Michigan assembly line.

That's the 2016 Rio? Fuck it looks terrible.

Why do you want a new shitbox and not something better, used?

I own a sonic after owning an Aveo for 10 years. It's a huge difference, I love the options it comes with, and I got the base model new for 12,300 out the door. Gonna drive it for 10 years and treat it like gold.

Because i've always owned used cars and it's time to own new and I need a daily driver.

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know that.

>Jetta

Sonic sounds like my top tier right now, i'll have to test drive it a few times to see if it's the winner.

Nope. Maybe once I have more $$$ to waste on a smile car.

How's the base model treating you?

There's nothing wrong with used cars. New cars are shit. Get a low mileage nicer car thats 3-7 years old.

nooooooo thanks rather buy new.

Get out normie. We don't serve your kind here.

Buddy I use black ice in my miata just like the next guy.

Seriously though fuck you.

You should save your money and look for a car thats a couple years old. The biggest depreciation in value happens in those years, and its not because of loss of practical value, its because of the fact that people are willing to pay extra for the late model because they are a bunch of cucks

I don't understand the stigma against buying new here if you're paying $12-13000 out the door for a brand new. I want a car that I know will last 200k miles, I don't want to inherit someone else's mistakes, and I have security and reliability. Also, New interiors have really stepped up, so I will be comfortable for a while, even in the base model.

>I don't understand the stigma against buying new here
These faggots worry about the immediate depreciation of a new car.