Would getting an Aprilia RS250 as my sole bike be stupid?

>would getting an Aprilia RS250 as my sole bike be stupid?

I don't ride much (I use to own a few bikes) and I like tinkering on bikes in general. Plus the fact that is a 2 stroke is awesome. I am a USfag by the way.

Yes it would be stupid
>250
Screaming just to keep up
>aprilla
Holy shit no

you sound like someone worth listening to.

RS250 has like a 220km top speed, that's the joy of 2 strokes they scream to move. What's not to like about aprilia I had a rs125 and it was great.

the RS250 has a suzuki engine that other user doesn't know shit

Yea it shares the rgv engine with a few modifications to make a bit more power. They use the same pistons though. I think they get around 30km on a crank and 15km on pistons with road driving.

I've had an RS250, an RS125... an RGV250, NSR250 and a TZR250.

All as streetbikes here in the US. I gotta caution you against it at this point because if you don't have a source of ethanol free fuel you will be signing up for problems down the road. If you do have access or are willing to just say fuck it and run leaded, go for it.

I sold my last stroker about a year and a half ago. Miss the sounds and smells a lot..

In what world is 15000 miles on a crank good?

Around 3 gas stations around her sell ethanol free gas. One of them also sells leaded gas although I have heard running high octane can burn the pistons.

>30km on a crank and 15km on pistons
Learn to read nigger

30000km equals around 15000 miles (closer to 18000)

don't buy eurobikes outside of europe, you'll regret it

Is that why you stick with cookiecutter Japanese bikes?

better than a overpriced, broken down, special snowflake bike

I think that retard implied "km" as "thousand miles".

Bikes are supposed to be toys not DD (at least for most Americans). I'd rather have an amazing bike that I have to wrench on occasionally than a boring, soulless Jap bike.

well if you don't mind waiting months for parts and wrenching more than riding, go for

it wouldn't get one as my only bike, i enjoy riding too much

Jap bikes are literally better than yuro bikes

nice get, anyway don't come back here bitching about how your engine seized.

OP
>shud i buy bike
>anons posts things
OP
>UR ALL RETARD

You're going to buy it anyway.
Don't ever take that finger off your clutch if your so set on a 2 smoke.

Are you a Manlet or a woman?

I fed my RS125 and RS250 Sunoco 112 octane leaded, for extra insurance. Getting the jetting right on the giant flatslide carb I had put on the 125 with that fuel was quite the process.

Rebuild kits are still easy to find, and you can get anything from Europe or Thailand in less than a week. Cranks are a bit expensive if you can find a new one, but old ones can be rewelded.
When I sold my RS250, I sold it with a complete rebuild kit AND a second motor.

Here's a boring, soulless jap bike for ya. My first ever trackbike.

6'2 kek

Yea the rebuild kits are no problem finding, or affording cranks are a different story. Did you ever have any crank problems? I was told/read that if you keep the rpm constant it will melt the pistons. Obviously you arent supposed to keep any 2 stroke at a constant RPM but I always thought leaded gas sped up this process.

and how many of those do you see floating around? 90% of the bikes in the states are harley/japanese iline 4's (and the smaller 2's)

I never had any crank problems, with either the RS250 or the RGV250 which was using the same motor. Leaded gas does not speed up any sort of failure in the engine. But if you have access to ethanol free fuel in the 93-98 range you should be good to go with that.

>soulless Jap [something]
Love this meme

How did you guys explain to your parents when you brought home your first motorcycle? I'm thinking of just leaving it in the garage and letting them discover it themselves.

I was 16, and was sitting in the passenger seat of my moms car. Coming the other way was a CBR600 and a ZX6.. they both hoisted wheelies and rode past the car.

I looked at my mom and said "I need a motorcycle." Knowing I'm lazy as fuck... she said "get a job, pay for it yourself."

Called her bluff. Been riding 23 years now.
Got my father, brother, and many friends into biking. And all it took was seeing some friends out hoisting wheelies.

Oldfag

They truly are an empty people

But they are nowadays they even managed to make a v4 boring. A fucking v4

What V4?

The one in the rc79

Fuck, i forgot that bike existed.

Anyone know of a decent R32 GTR mod for AC?

Unrelated but can someone tell me if I have to bleed and replace the brake lines if I replace my brake pads?

>has like a 220km top speed

yeah maybe with some 120 pound faggot riding it downhill. that is how they calculate all these top speeds and it's complete nonsense

are these even street legal in the states?

have fun retard

probably depends on the state but pretty much no

They aren't legal.

bleed them, only replace them i f they're bad