Have you ever crashed your car Veeky Forums? What happened? Also pics if available

Have you ever crashed your car Veeky Forums? What happened? Also pics if available

I don't have picks up I backed my 350z into my dads truck and destroyed my bumper. Also I smashed my maxima into a mailbox and curbed my wheel so bad I blew a tire.

Is this going to be a cheesy stock photo thread?

Yeah, I hit a pot hole at 60mph and bent my frame. 10k in damage but it wasn't a write off.

The city paid my deductible and the car is actually straighter than it was before so I guess I'm okay with it. It was my fault though since I wasn't paying attention to the road.

I was going to work like I do at least 5 days a week and noticed the cars in front were slowing down so I did too. Then they stopped and I was going a little bit too fast. I hit a car that hit a car that hit a car (3 cars in total).

I had a split second to change lanes but both sides had cars so I couldn't. I feel like an idiot because I've done tons of reckless driving but I crashed just going to work. I even left early so I wouldn't have to rush that day.

No because I'm not a faggot.

I got blindsided by a motorcyclist in my civic.

I repaired all of the mechanical damage and drove the car for another two years. I never fixed the cosmetic damage. I'm still convinced the turn signals were held in by explosive bolts.

The other accident I was in was also with the civic, except this time I slid into an illegally parked car during a snow storm. That was purely cosmetic damage to both cars. I'm pretty sure the basketball-americans would have probably tried to sue but the street was marked no parking and I had a passenger in the car with me as well and could vouch that they decided the ape out on my car.
>I'll let the cops toss them into a squad car to cool off. I'm not an idiot.

Spun my NB into the center divide on the freeway.

>Absolutely shitting rain
>Doing 90 on the freeway, rear end is in a constant drift
>Thought "You know, this is a little risky, I don't feel like having a crash tonight"
>Took my foot off the gas
>80, rear settles down
>70, yawn, get over to slow lane

>a minute later, dip in the freeway
>helicopter.exe There was no saving it. I instantly dropped power 2/3rs and got full steering lock in. By this time I was already going down the freeway at 90 degrees.
>Spun 4-5 times across 3 lanes into the center divide. Cars were driving around me as I was spinning.
>Hit the center divide and slid along it for 100ft or so.
>Start to dial 911
>Wait
>Get out and see that all the wheels are still attached, no coolant is leaking.
>Start car up, drive it back home.
>Didn't tell roomates about it, let them ask me the next day.

Both front frame rails were bent at the firewall, whole front was shifted over a couple inches. Ended up selling the car to a guy that wanted to swap the motor in his NA6.

where do you live, you are describing to a tee the car a friend of mine bought

East Bay, This happened 8 years ago. Was the NB silver with a silver hard top and all the carpets removed?

ahh, naw it was black but the damage was just as you described, the whole front was pushed to the right. car still drove straight though.

Never caused an accident "knock on wood" been driving since I was 18, I'm 34 currently.

Been hit twice, both in my previous car (03 eclipse spyder). The second accident was pretty freaky.

>1st was t boned at low speed. Got out, took pics, called cops, insurance paid for repair. It was a really stupid accident, I was driving straight and someone waiting at a stop sign, who clearly seen me, decided to floor it right into the side of my car. Cop though he was drunk but nope.

>2nd was driving on the highway 401 and a lane was closed (3 lane highway) and everyone came to a stop. Transport sideswiped my car while drifting all over the road (guessing drunk or tired) it was late, he didn't stop, I couldn't give chase because traffic. Got stuck with a $500 deductible because couldn't find the guy. Though because there was frame damage the car was written off and I got a check for $6800. Went from an 03 eclipse with 210k km to an 08 with 140k km so thanks truck driver I guess.

>be a few years ago
>snowy as fuck, but we're out of milk and I don't give a fuck
>go through a harpin corner
>lose traction
>thatface.jpg
>fly across ditch, hit snowbank, rotate 180 degrees, fly back across ditch to a standstill
>front bumper on road, rear bumper on snowbank, 4 wheels in the air
>get towed out by a tractor, fix it for $100

6 months later
>1st gen Grand owners know our VIC
>VIC catches on fire
>late for work, ask my dad if he has time to pull it
>"sure son"
>come back, car is gone
>dad asks me where the car is
>it rolled down the hill, onto the driveway, across the road, through a ravine, and hit a tree
>because someone pulled the VIC, and left with the car still in neutral

lessons learned: don't trust anyone to work on your car, because they won't pick up the tab on your new one either

Yeah about 10 years ago, 100% my fault. car in front of me stopped at a green light for some reason and I wasn't paying attention. I really miss that old Camry, wish I had more pics of it before I wrecked it. I don't know how fast I was going, maybe about 35mph. Car I hit was a early 2000s Bonneville, only had a cracked bumper and damaged exhaust, no airbag deployment. Chick driving it went to the hospital because she said her neck hurt, honestly she was really hamming it up and didn't start to complain until the police arrived. I think she sued my insurance company for additional damages.

Stupid question, but who do you call when you're in an accident if it isn't emergency? Do you still call 911?

Be the shitbird that calls up 911 anyway.

>THERE. IS. SO. MUCH. BLOOD.

I called my local police station, have them saved as a contact for things like this.

Semi decided to just merge into my lane. Had the car 5 weeks...also set a new record at the dealership for "Crashing a new WRX the fastest"

>gayflaps

You deserve it, homo.

Ya but wasn't at fault
>driving down highway into town at 65 in a 80 zone because snowing
>coming up on intersection
>car pulls up to stop sign on my right ready to make left hand turn
>pulls right out in front of me without looking
>slam right into their rear quarter panel
>manage to keep car on road and avoid ditch
>park it on shoulder
>get out pissed right off that they could be that retarded and my car is now completely totaled
>women and her infant
>calm rage and ask if both are okay
>crying and scared (the mother) baby chilling not even giving a fuck
>Ambulance, RCMP several hours later
Everyone was fine and got 1200$ for the 200$ volvo 240 I was driving so I guess it worked out well.

>>get out pissed right off that they could be that retarded and my car is now completely totaled
>>women and her infant
>>calm rage and ask if both are okay
Holy shit, user has a heart.

Some nigger ran a light and I hit my brakes so I didnt get T-boned and ended up hitting him square in the B-pillar

>tfw my mint low mile Mark VII LSC got ruined because of a drunk faggot that took off when it happened

No, because I'm not a stupid fucking nigger like the lot of you.

what the fuck do you drive that a pothole bent your frame but didnt send you into a ditch

MAke sure their okay first, then rage at them.

But I ended up not doing it since she was pretty shaken and could tell she already felt like garbage for what she did having put her child in danger.
She was wreck the entire time the EMT's were checking us out to make sure we were okay.

In the end her cars fucked, her insurance went up, she wont trust herself driving with her kid anymore and her husband will give her a reining in so I gave her a break on my end and just said "be more careful when you're driving, especially with an infant"

I have hit bumps so high I have caught air. Had it happen a couple times a year in CA.

>One time I was hooning
>Hit huge yump, keep my foot in it.
>Bounce off rev limiter in mid air
>Land
>RPMS go down 1000

It sounded so WRC, probably terrible for my car though

Couldn't you see him moving over and floor it to clear him? You were passing too slow faggot.

Nope. He hit me from the back and side. There were vehicles in front of me. He was also in the middle lane for some reason and was about to miss his exit he admitted.

Cool story but you never said what kinda car.

Got hit head on by an eager beaver trying to get over to the left turn late and crossing the yellow centre line to cut off the people who wished to go straight, he was going like 60 or more, I was in first gear going through the intersection had right away from a stoplight that turned green, got a new turbo SS that old black one was a SC

>Little girl pulled out from a side street without looking I guess.
>Braked, but not enough time.
>Hit the front of her car with the front of mine.
>Her insurance agent says my fault.
>Indian accent, call center, cant pronounce my name.
>Confirmed for not knowing the laws in this country.
>Somehow my fault, no in monies because I'd dropped full coverage 3 days prior for liability so I could insure another car I bought for gf.
>Going to Nashville to pick up fender tomorrow.
>Should have her back together next week.
>I'm sure the 16 year old girl got a rental, new car, etc.
>But fuck me I guess.

So pissed off.

Miata

> BFE northern California
> Try to miss object in road
> Going 20 in a 25
> ABS flips out
> Slide into ditch

Would have been fine, and just needed a winch out and maybe a new bumper cover, except for the big fucking boulders under the grass.

> Insurance estimate - $31,000 for repair
> Pushed front sub-frame 2" back
> Broken motor and trans mounts
> Intercooler removed by rock
> LOTS of other damage.

>dead wagon
makes me happy, thanks for posting

Attorneys are a thing...

Yeah, well, I bought another one, so fuck you.

The worst car acciddent I had was in LA.
He was a chink, hit us with a van that wasn't his, it belong to the company he worked for.

>be in LA
>in passenger seat
>see van next us
>chink is texting on his phone while driving
>tell brother that chink is stupid and he is probably going to crash
>1 minute later he crashes into us
>chink didn't see the city bus in front of him stop because he was on his phone
>he told us he'll give us $1k to not get insurance involved
>nah fuck that
>ended up costing his insurance $1.5k to fix my brother's car

Hopefully you also crash it in an slow and embarrassing manner.

Still happy btw

>2010
>driving 94 suburban
>behind '10 Toyota highlander with TX plates at a stoplight
>had just rained after a long dry spell. slick asphalt
>line is long and were in the back end
>get to the intersection and the light turns yellow
>tex slams on the brakes
>I do too
>glorious 16yo GM engineering locks its brakes and I slide into the Toyota
>light lasts another 6 seconds
>KS is a shared fault state
>she gets fined for impeding traffic, I get it fined for tailgating
>approx. $3300 in damages to the Toyota
>$75 for a bumper for the chevy and I replace it myself
>$10 increase in insurance
>mfw the end result

This happened to a lady who thought she could sneak between my trailer and a curb while I was turning. Trailer was fine. She only had liability and was furious when she got the ticket.

9/10 times it's a woman who does dumb shit around the trucks. They just don't understand how trailers work.

when will the women meme end?

I saw this happen when I was a merchandiser. Beer truck was leaving a grocery store parking lot and some lady tried to hop in with her crossover mom-mobile. That trailer suddenly got a lot wider.

Of course she gets the crying baby out, a crowd gathers, "OMG R U OK!?!?" She placed herself and her baby into mortal danger and the delivery driver's apparently the dipshit that can't drive, of course.

I never saw that driver on that route again, so who knows? I would assume they have some kind of zero tolerance policy, even when retards run into you.

/Thread

Pepsifag exactly fucking fat do you have to be to name yourself after a fucking soft drink you fat fucking slob?

Like all stereotypes, it is about 80% true

Idk what our policy is anymore. Used to be no more than 3 at-fault accidents within 24mos and no accidents the first 90 days but now they apply some dollar amount to it as well.

Never had an at-fault though so I'm not sure. Got my little "Safe Driver" award right after that.

Not sure. As fat as MuhV6? Or maybe just the size of the average Veeky Forums user.

>be me
>university student
>just finished up exams
>going home for christmas holidays 2012
>tired af so let girlfriend drive
>little chevy aveo
>not the most stylish but cheap to maintain and reliable
>hit patch of black ice on highway
>fishtail and hit a snowbank and roll
>oncoming traffic and vehicles behind us
>truck from highways commission plowing snow and ice just a few kms behind us
>luckily didnt hit any vehicles but aveo was totalled
>use insurance money to buy an older more stylish Impala SS
>tinted windows leather seats spacious
>hell yeah motherfucker
>today let mother use car
>she gets rear ended by impaired driver
>everyone is fine. Not sure about impaired guy. Idgaf
>car is totally fucked
>start claim
>hoping insurance covers cost of next vehicle
>possibly buy a nissan maxima with insurance money
>never letting anyone drive my vehicles again

Had photos of Aveo on old phone. Havent seen Impala yet.

>Be idiot fucking 19 year old fresh out of high school
>Driving E30 down a country road with two deep ditches on either side (think "causeway") doing about 55
>Phone is in center console
>Phone buzzes
>Lean over to check it because fucking idiot 19 year old
>Left hand comes with me
>Steering wheel comes with me
>Car goes over into ditch
>Instead of slamming brakes, try to turn car back onto road
>Car comes back up onto the road sideways at about 50
>Nose first into opposite ditch
>Car basically does a double kickflip and lands with nose pointed wrong way on other side of road
>Car is fucked
>I'm totally fine

Unfortunately all I have is a shitty facebook photo. Wear your seatbelts and don't text and drive, kids.

I get extremely nervous when a woman drives my car and I can see that they're kinda unsure about the driving

Fuckin fatty

Everyone was a bad driver at some point

/thread

The sign said take the corner at 20, but I'd like to see something other then a Lotus take it that fast. Its radius was literally less then a road width because it went to one lane after the curve started. If I ever find the drunk who paved that Im gonna kill him.

I'm 24 and I've been in three accidents and I've totalled 2 cars. First was a light tap with no damage. First car I totalled was my mom's G6 when I was 17. We were driving and hit a patch of gravel that wasn't in the road a few hours earlier. Back spun out snd I over corrected. Went into the ditch, spun s few 360s through an electric fence into an empty farmers yard. Turns out there was a telephone pole in the ditch thst caught the rear bumper of the car when it bottomed out in the ditch and ripped the rear end off the car. Also the electric fence somehow was still hot when we came to a stop so everytime I would touch metal the fence would jump into me. I finally got out snd ended up with a piece of it wrapped around my leg. Took me a few shocks to realize what the fuck was going on.

Second car was my Envoy this winter. Was on my way to work pulling onto the highway. It had been super bad ice/snow storms but the roads had all been clear up to me getting on the highway. Hit a patch of black ice coming off the on ramp. Slid the back out from behind me and I proceeded to bounce between the walls on the bridge for a few hundred feet before sliding up on the right side and stopping. Front end was totally fucked. Super glad I totalled that thing though. Insurance paid me 2 grand more than it was worth and it was a gas monster snd shit was starting to fail sll over the place

It says ss on the door user. Did you rebadge your vehicle?

Actually just got in an accident today, my first, a couple hours ago. Technically I was at fault, since I "didnt yield right of way". Turned left going 5 mph, old white lady going 30 mph hits my front fender. Couldn't see her since car next to her was stopped, essentially giving me the go. Airbags deployed , but I was fine. She broke her arm and the whole shebang: cops, insurance, dindu nuffin. Ill see how bad it is tomorrow, but I feel naked without my GTO. I was actually posting earlier about fixing my busted O2 sensors. No picture but will post maybe tomorrow. Be careful out there bros.

What did the police report say?

Over here, that mother would have accused you of running the stop sign and hitting her. I've lost faith in people here. It used to be assume people are not going to deliberately screw you. Nowadays, due to how harsh the the economy is at offering chances for people to move up, almost everyone will tell lies to make it your fault.

So, your hitting that car was your fault for running the stop sign and hitting her rear quarter panel.

Notori vinyl has totaled 3 Subaru's.

Never fucking ever put any amount of faith in people. Every single mother fucker will fucking destroy you from the inside out the second they get the chance. People are fucking garbage

You're not alone, I can't trust anyone on the road anymore.

>sick as shit, called in from work
>wife at work
>go to store to buy stomach medicine
>some dumb lady backs into me
>clear as day, felt, heard, and seen she hit me
>drives forward and turns and speeds off
>have witnesses, store surveillance, and police report
>police say she ran cause of no insurance
>been over 2 months now
>still no report to sue dumb person in question

Fuck this gay Earth, my mint 74' Subaru is still dented to shit

Old guy had to yield in a roundabout, didn't. Freshly started raining, no stopping power in old tires. Bumper, fender, bonnet, headlight, bumper supports fubar. All fixed now, got 1200€ from insurance.

Does motorcycle count?

>be lanesplitting between 3-4 lanes getting ready to exit freeway
>lady in a pt cruiser changes lanes without signal
>puckerup.jpg
>i ram into passenger side of her car
>manage to keep bike up and pull to the shoulder
>lady cry
>is ok lady

She bought me a burger from 5 guys after it was all over. Not bad desu.

It did grab my tire and pull me but I was able to correct my steering and stay on the road. It hit so hard that my front tire actual punched up my fender and broke it loose.

Ah shit, I remember this story, your Subbie is honestly one of the nicest cars I've seen on Veeky Forums, alomng with that guy's R32 GTR on black TE37s, sorry for your loss bro.

Can you please post more pics of it along with some interior shots? what was it?

That ain't cheesy, that's REAL.

Repair operation was nice.

>picking up roommate from work in my 2.slow Jetta
>pretty rainy, roads really wet
>electrical problems because lolVW so ABS is fucked
>driving in the far right light on the Interstate
>Lexus in front of me, about three car lengths ahead, not going very fast because wet
>passing an exit
>Lexus fucking SLAMS on the brakes hard as fuck
>I panic and do the same
>almost come to a complete stop, but lightly skid into the Lexus
>look to the right of it and some fucking cunt took the exist at the last second, causing the Lexus to do what it did
>first ever accident at 25 years old
>freaking out and shit
>Lexus guy is a doctor and wasn't mad at all
>didn't even go through insurance
>got a ticket because rear enders are always at fault

Damage was minor. The hood release tab shattered because it was plastic and the grille got all cracked up. Headlight brackets also snapped.

It was my first and only ticket ever.

I remember a few years ago, my Brother was visiting and with mom and dad we went to visit my cousins. Dad had a nice white third Gen Escort Wagon. He dozed off at the wheel and we crashed into the guy in front of us. His car was fine, just lost the bumper, sadly ours was totalled, and it was already an old car so it wasnt worth fixing anyway.

shame, car was good.

1st one:
>Turning left out of a parking lot
>No one in sight
>Get about halfway across the road
>Suddenly slammed and sent spinning into grass median

2nd one:
>About 3 months later
>Had found another blazer with some minor front end damage and low miles.
>Bought it for $900 and fixed it
>Driving down highway
>Woman pulls out of side road into me
>Dog in her lap, on phone, no insurance

Still haven't found another Blazer in such good condition for so cheap. Once it was fixed it was perfect

dont have a picture from after but one winter some woman went through a yield sign and i T-boned her Audi. her fender got dented and my front end got smooshed looking full down syndrome

said she didnt want to go through insurance, i didnt either, i said just give me $250 and i'll go to the junkyard and get a new hood etc thats it. truck drove fine and my radiator was even untouched, where i am in Canada its legal to drive like that as long as your lights still work

pocketed the $250, drove it like that for a few months, then saw one part of the frame starting to break. kept driving it since nobody would take the liability on welding a patch over it, frame broke in half when i was leaving work, i drove home in 2nd gear with the truck sagged in half and the rear wheels locked up from the E-brake cable being pulled by the frame

fucking tough truck though, thing owed the world nothing. D21 was the best pickup Nissan made

Still sad bout this. Left turn other car ran the red bam. So traumatized that I only take places where street lights have the right turn arrow now.

I don't think OP had a stop sign. From his story it sounds like only the mom had a stop sign and pulled out into oncoming traffic

>Got into a wreck
>Afraid to drive now

Pic is me when my car was being towed home

Nope, worst so far is a small scrape on some other car at a blind junction. Pulled like usual to a stop sign, except I was driving my mom's car (troubleshooting some issues) and it has like a meter more of bonnet. Ended up making a nice long mark on the other car and just nicking the plate holder off the car I was driving.

Many close calls though.

I know that feel bro, the worst is making other mistakes when stressed to shit. Ultimately all I can say is that the more you drive the better it will get, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, it took me a while to get over it.

Deer at 65mph. Pissed me the fuck off because the car was all original and very straight before this bullshit

And that pic was taken after I had straightened and pounded out the crushed front end.

Also, pic related happened because I parked at the top of a hill without using the e-brake and the thing rolled down backwards, literally flew off a cliff, and landed upside down. No one was in it, and I was at the bottom of the hill when it happened and got to watch my beloved samurai die right before my eyes. It missed my friend's parked truck by a couple feet
>always use the e-brake

Rear ended some cunt last week. low speed but car was written off.
A couple of seconds poor attention was all it took.

RIP in peace, Was almost perfetc work ute.

Hit a deer in one at about 45 mph, not much happened.

Current car is a tiny glassbox with 2 front airbags (previous had none) so I'm afraid in case of a crash I won't die but will suffer.

Ran into intersection. Was so heated after getting fired from job that I didn't even realize the intersection was there and hit a US Postal carrier in personal vehicle.

>be me
>in a parking lot with dads car
>turning right on spot
>car doesnt turn enough so i back up a bit and then turn more
>hear sounds identical to soda cans crushing and hit brake immediately
>"i guess i fucked up"
>park the car and see damage
>the right rear door had been pushed in and the size was about the palm of your hand

anyway it was repaired but dad wasnt that pissed about it. also pic related

track her down and blow her windows out in the middle of the night; street justice.

Not my own car but I did this. Dashboard went into my shins and fucked both my legs. Firefighters arrived and had to use THREE jaws of life at once to get me out.

It's just about three months later and I'm almost walking again..

I flipped my gf's moms' car into a ditch because i thought i was dagumi

1. 75 dart into a lightpole, went over a speedbump and my knee hit the column about where the ignition is at. steering lock broke -> crash. had to replace hood, drivers side fenders, bumper.
2. 65 volvo amazon wrapped around a tree driving around the backroads while drunk, was a rusty piece of shit and nothing of value was
lost
3. slid a 79 MB 300d into a ditch on the first snow. still not sure how exactly this shit happened, i had decent enough studded tires and all and i was going down the hill _slow_ to park. it just kept sliding and sliding like a motherfucker, steering and brakes doing exactly jackshit. I had enough time to light a cigarette during that stupid slowmotion crash.
had to replace grille, bumper, headlight, fender.

jej

>not paying attention becuase just planned a date with super out of my league chick
>at intersection
>thought arrow turned green, was just a green light
>turn left
>lady who was also not paying attention and never touched her brakes rips my rear bumper off
Insurance deemed me partially at fault.

Where did you get a volvo 240 for $200?

we need to pay that or more to get rid of the damn things

You look gay.

Not bad for almost dying.
My friend died when that happened to him last week.

>It sounded so WRC
I just choked on my froot loops because that was fucking hilarious

Had a deer run into the driver side of my car while i was doing 45. Saw it last second hit brakes swerved the little bit i could (roadwork) but wasn't enough

Deer's head goes through driver window showering me in glass and left a bunch of blood on random parts of the interior and one kick to the back dr side door left a dent. Get glass replaced same day meh

RIP Bikebro, shit sucks

No not yet thankfully.
I was very bad at parking initially though and I've broken one of the mirrors and scraped my car once.

Me not, but my Dad once entered the garage like this. Front door repainted, rear replaced.