Thinking about Catstang just reminded me of this video series that someone linked here a few weeks ago...

Thinking about Catstang just reminded me of this video series that someone linked here a few weeks ago. Does this poor fellow really think this thing will ever be back on the road in presentable condition for less than the cost of a new one? Similar to the dilemma of Catstang, hard to say if it's best to laugh, feel bad, or try to save the guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XPIeh0gvIFc
youtube.com/channel/UCCxawQ5mHZEPP9SvMFar1RA/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He will either finish way over budget, or finish under budget but the car will look like shit.

He makes money on each video, learns a lot, and is hoping to have a decent Evora at the end. Without the YouTube aspect it would be a ridiculous venture.

What is catstang tho?

Catstang is an Veeky Forumstist who bought multiple salvage title Mustangs to part out, hoping to make a profit.

He didn't, and was ridiculed off Veeky Forums.

What an idiot.

Are there any other channels like B is for Build? And I mean where they properly finish projects?

swrnc, diyautoschool

Nope not even close, and i was hoping he would finish them.
Basically
>buy trash 1st gen Fastback
>cuts back half off
>buys 1st Mustang Coupe
>cuts front half off
>says hes going to Frankenstein the halves together to be one car
>never finishes it and leaves them on parents property
>acquires actual cat at some point
>loses job
>says hes going to buy wrecked newer 2008? Mustang
>all of Veeky Forums tells him not to do it
>does it anyways
>tries to fix
>is in denial entire time
>Veeky Forums shits on him hard
>he leaves

I missed him the last time though.
I think he had another Salvage POS too.

what about those guys shoving an AWD system and huge motor into an orginal mini?

Project binky.
Pretty much the opposite of b is build, they actually know what they are doing.

>they actually know what they are doing.

Which is why it's actually fun to watch

That was him? Lol

Oh I agree, it's so satisfying to watch.

Yeah i didn't know that was the same idiot. Reading the thread with wrecked newer cars made me mad how stupid and underprepared he was.

>>says hes going to buy wrecked newer 2008? Mustang
>>all of Veeky Forums tells him not to do it
>>does it anyways
>>tries to fix
>>is in denial entire time
>>Veeky Forums shits on him hard
>>he leaves

Yup thats him alright.
He shouldve just bought a normak unfucked 1st gen coupe and called it a day.

I should just drive to his house and see if the cars are still there, i have his address.

B is for build is really pretty bad. The guy doesnt know a fucking thing.

Speed academy is good, Adults that spend real money making nice things, not always 100% diy but they know their stuff mostly

Hot Rod garage (motor trend), tony is a cool guy. In the show they always take some shitty rat car and make it run. I'm not a muscle car/hot rod person, but you can learn a lot of about general fabrication and making race cars. They cut corners but the end result is a working vehicle, this is more of a diy on budget show.

Roadkill is good. Same a HRG but its two other dudes that take road trips. They don't show as much of the wrenching and fabricating but they cars they make a silly and scraped together as well.

Howzer tech has a decent series on building an rx7

Seriously, add project Binky to that list. Those guys are the best fabricators I have ever seen on youtube

the aluminum fender lining on the fr-s made me cringe

>The guy doesnt know a fucking thing.

isn't that why it's entertaining to watch?

Thanks for all the youtubers to add to my list. Been slowly taking faggot asses off my sub list like MCM and Haggard to replace them with real channels.

Solid list, you need to watch project binky if you haven't.
B is for build cuts too many corners and is almost haggard garage tier. And why does he need 3 FRSs?

Idk, i wrench on a daytona prototype for work (watkins glen this week), and shitty workmanship makes me really mad because I'd be angry as all the fuck if i had to come behind this fool and work on those abominations. I don't watch the series because it makes me mad every single time.
He painted the first frs like 6 times because he can't read instructions and follow rules

will do

I'm subbed to see how bad he gets fucked over by the Evora.

>haggard garage tier
honestly i think haggard is decent. Bunch of kids doing stupid stuff to their cars. They don't expect to make money off it, just having fun while destroying some cars. BiFB wants to make money by selling merch and the cars. Haggard knows they are doing bad work, but are poor so they are within their means. Build has like 10 cars and does shitty work because he's stupid

Apparently those guys are doing it for views now, they aren't actually poor since they got the house, guys that left kinda exposed them and Onion can buy whatever POS he wants.
Since their popularity Onion has been looking unnatural on camera which is creepy.

Rudnik's videos have been more enjoyable.

i haven't seen much of them (not subbed) in last half year. last video i watched was some car on fire on some road?
Just watched a few now, and it looks like they do have a lot more money and skill. The diesel with huge car trailer is impressive and expensive.

You're right Orion does look like he's in charge and capable of it. Looking like more like an adult

>Rudnik's videos have been more enjoyable.
didn't know this was a thing. channel name?

>guys that left kinda exposed them

sauce?

this

Part out? What? I thought he was trying to fix them up? I know he was fixing at least one of them.
Huh, well that sucks. Guess that explains why I haven't seen him post in forever. Fuck.
pls do, post pics

ricermiata is his channel

Rudnik is a stupid irritating cunt

youtu.be/XPIeh0gvIFc

B is for build is kind of cringe worthy. But I like how he bumped out shows weekly and sometimes even bi-weekly.

Not just the aluminum, but the way he put it together by riveting it. And then the aluminum window louvers.

Oh and the paint.... eeek. I was about to stop watching it there.

Welding on flammable spray foam when he did the "boat" BMW. LOL?!?1 Is this guy joking? Catches on fire and he continues to do it. Wow...

Speed Academy seem like a bunch of man-childs with too much money. That fat dude and the dude with the 930 annoy me. Only tolerable guy is the asian dude.

Hot Rod Garage/Road kill. You need to switch over to FSM-Finnegan's Garage. That is top notch and he was putting out episodes way faster than motor trend. Sub him for support.

Haggard Garage is like the pewdiepie of automotive youtubers. Super popular with the kiddies and they will defend him to the death.

I think the expanding foam gasses were what caused the fire to be fair.

What about when he tried to rear mount the radiator with PVC pipe?

Check out Corbin Goodwin's channel
Dude who built the "no fucks given RX-7"
He's slow at updating but he's building a Rolls Royce turbo drift car that is mostly complete.

I think B is for Build is pretty great. Realistically he already has a running Evora. It's just ugly right now.

IF he pulls this off. He not only has an Evora, he has an Evora that HE saved and rebuilt. Which is probably more than any of you have accomplished. At least he's fucking trying.

I hope he pulls it off.

No need to get upset.
Yes he has a running engine, but I don't think he will ever get the car back to what it was from factory. The Evora is not a car I would try to take shortcuts on.

I don't think he's aiming for perfection. Even if he gets it to 90%, ill be very impressed.

Honestly, I think he could make it into a decent targa/go cart. But the dude is so set on rebuilding it to it's former glory that it probably wont reach.

$800 for headlights? Wtf. $1200 for a roof piece or some crazy shit.

Just hack it together and get a sweet car.

Haggard seems like exactly my friends and i did in high school, except on camera

isn't christ from the channel relatively wealthy to start with? and to add to that now he's got youtube money and selling merch

It's pretty easy bro. A VQ is a pretty good choice for this, and it's a well documented swap with the MT75. You just need to invert the MT75. Might make draining/filling the transmission a bit tricky.

speaking of youtube channels on of our fellow Veeky Forumstists has a pretty good growing channel

morse kids
youtube.com/channel/UCCxawQ5mHZEPP9SvMFar1RA/videos

No, they are swapping in the engine from a Celica all trac. They are basically rebuilding the mini from the ground up.

>stretched tires
Into the trash it goes.

When I watch car vids I want to see professional/semi-pro people doing cool shit that I can learn from or be inspired by like or at the very least fucking up their cars in spectacularly dangerous and entertaining ways

Nothing really interesting about high-school looking kids doing poor quality meme mods, imo

cool

I like subbing to little channels even if they aren't professional because the major and pro channels sometimes take a long time to put out videos. it's good for watching in the background while I go about things