Strongly considering buying a 2008 Mustang GT very soon. It'll be my DD

Strongly considering buying a 2008 Mustang GT very soon. It'll be my DD.

What should I do to it to add some more horsepower without something drastic like super or turboing it? Stock it only has like 300hp

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans
racingsportscars.com/results/qualifying/Le_Mans-1991-06-23.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CxflDjfBdoI
autoblog.com/2012/10/31/watch-a-modified-ford-gt-go-283-mph-in-a-standing-mile/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sell it and buy something better.

Ignore the horsepower meme and focus on improving its handling

>Handling
i care about having fun on straight kansas roads not handling thats for pussies

>mashing the accelerator pedal and going straight is considered fun
That's pretty sad

Save up some more and get a 2011 instead. If you can't afford a 2011+ GT then get a 2011+ v6. Same horsepower, better car around it.

>inb4 v6 isn't a real Mustang

Get the new 5.0

longtubes and an X-pipe, intake, tune

>getting thrown back in your seat and next thing you know you're doing 80 isn't fun for you
thats pretty sad

longtubes provide peak power at high RPMs just so you know. Don't get them if you have an automatic or don't shift high.
X pipe sounds high and raspy. Its a mustang it really should have an H pipe or it wont sound like a classic muscle car.
intake and tune you MIGHT see 20hp. This is a real performance car not a jap shitbox so the stock intake and tune are pretty good. IMO its a waste of time and money until you do some actual upgrades to your top end.

>Next thing you know you're doing 80

Its a mustang little buddy don't get ahead of yourself. How about you get a better DD and then stop being a pussy and get a bike so you can actually go fast.

80? thats normal freeway speed....

well I had longtubes, an X pipe, Stingers, JLT intake and made 310whp, 335 when I added Comp NSR cams and the FRPP intake manifold. but to say it won't benefit from a tune is laughable.

Can the poorfag V6 owner please stop trying to validate his terrible purchase

Aaand here's the "hurr just buy a bike" faggot who shows up in every thread

That sounds fun... If you're 7

t. busrider/econobox driver

Says the guy who's still looking at buying a car

Keep projecting, buddy

thats not OP, I'm OP

and I have a car, Im just looking for a new one

I know you think getting to 80 quickly isn't fun, but just know that your miata doesnt accelerate quickly, so it might be hard for you to understand the feeling of hitting 80 in under 30 seconds

>implying I drive a Miata
>implying any economy car that you can pick up for $1500 can't hit 80 in under 30 seconds

>implying I own a v6

Sorry to disappoint, senpai, but I have a GT. Just trying to give OP some info he may not have known. Nothing wrong getting a v6 that has as much power as the 4.6 but is otherwise better in every way.

I'm not OP you fucking retard, take your sour grapes somewhere else.

ignoring the fact you may not have twistys where you live, this statement makes you sound awefully dumb. Most people can make a car move in a straight line :/

>ks

Kek 55mph throughout that shit state

>This is a real performance car
It's every woman's dream car. More hairdresser than a miata.

>tell OP to improve handling instead of power since the car already has plenty
>SOUR GRAPES REEEEEE

God damn Americans are stupid

Isn't it already faster than a toyobaru, why don't you just get a miata aswell, its also faster

Ey, that Miata is finally able to compete with an older v6 Mustang!

tru

O wait no, is slower than a BRZ

To be fair, thats thr older v8 Ford GT which is considerable slower than thr new ECOBOOST V6

>1:30 is less than 1:29

i see you were not the brightest kid in class

More power isn't worth shit if you can't put it to the ground

Wider rear tires, rear LCA's and 4.10's will make a bigger difference than any other stupid bolt ons you have in mind

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans
>Ford GT: 3:51.185

racingsportscars.com/results/qualifying/Le_Mans-1991-06-23.html
>Mazda 787B: 3:43.503

Ford BTFO

As someone with no experience with muscle cars or driving fast or anything I suggest you do it. But maybe get the bullitt edition just for extra cool factor.

And who cares about extra hp it already does 0-60 in 5 which is faster than most cars out there.

On top gear the stig tried to outrun a mustang of this year in a supercharged lotus and only beat the mustang by like a second around a twisty track. So don't dare say these mustangs aren't quick or can't handle. They can handle as well as a lotus.

>They can handle as well as a lotus

holy keke my sides

Watch the top gear episode where they race a lotus against a mustang. I'll find it for you.

Here youtube.com/watch?v=CxflDjfBdoI

Jeremy was so smug and then he barely beats the mustang lmao.

holy fucking kek this guy is serious

mustangs confirmed for handling as good or better than loti

>only 270mph

lol pushrod cucks gonna cuck

autoblog.com/2012/10/31/watch-a-modified-ford-gt-go-283-mph-in-a-standing-mile/

>live rear axle mustang handles better than an exige

The Ford Mustang is just as fast say the lotus.

youtube.com/watch?v=CxflDjfBdoI

Watch that video. The mustang is 1 second behind the lotus. The lotus is faster to 60 by 1 second. The mustang MADE ground or stayed consistent and the lotus only won because of the 1 second advantage off the line. The clips where the stig is sliding the mustang were thrown in for viewing pleasure (more fun in the mustang anyway other than that shit go kart that can't even drift barely)

So the mustang is like an M car. Drive it fast and it will be on rails. Flick the tail out and it is Tokyo drift. Give it some time and it will make up what it lacks off the line.

That's what this means to me now. It's no longer corvette vs gtr. It's mustang vs lotus.

>The Ford Mustang is just as fast as the lotus.

>not even a Veyron in picture
Sit down faggot.

Hate to rain on your parade. I am a die hard ford fan but the mustang in that video is a roush with extensive suspension upgrades.

> living in a shit state
> never driven a good road in your life
> having the skill to take a touge at 80mph is for pussies
fucking kill yourself

> exige is so much faster around a track that jeremy can beat the stig

do you actually think this works in your favor?

>The Ford mustang is just as fast as the lotus.
>The mustang is 1 second behind the lotus
>The lotus is faster to 60 by 1 second
>The lotus only won because of the 1 second advantage off the line

So what I'm getting out of this is that the Lotus is only faster because it's faster.

Protip champ.
You want a Mustang that can turn? Look for ANY mustang from 2011 to 2016 (specially the 2015-2016 since they ditched the rear live axle)
Any mustang except from special edition are UTTER DOG SHIT in the handling department.

So much that a V6 Mustang from 2011 is about 1 second faster around the Virginia track than a 2010 v8.

So in short, go for any mustang 2011+ if you want to brag about track times and be able to turn.