/scg/edg/ Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General #34

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QYUHUPud7Kc
youtu.be/cGDoiKqEyf8
youtube.com/watch?v=vYv5ri9yN18
youtube.com/watch?v=XHWPuCboClk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for F I D E L I T Y

Dem Star Citizen moments.

third for best ship.

haha u guys still believe on the pre rendered scripted bullshots. the end game wont look like this at all
cant wait for the developers to run with the money

Close.

Wrong.

Drakonis is shit right now. The main Federally aligned group is in expansion mode, and their amount of donation missions is severely reduced.

what if you leave with it at the beginning? like, first mission out

That's an ingame webm we made, autist.

I know you're shitposting, but try to bring up something more spicier next time.

>

how shameful

He's mocking the goons, not trying to bait.

please

So what celebrity will you recreate first in the SC character creator?

It's likely only an option at the end.

Hush Derek.

German Engineering at work.

I'm not sure...it would depend on two things:

A) You need to be able to pilot one early in the game

B) You need to be able to transition between SQ42 and the PU (i.e. you need to be able to leave with the ship into the PU). I know you can do it at the end but I'm not sure if it's up to you to just give them a fuck you at any time.

keanu reeves, like i do in any game there is a character creator

Still shit on the goons. :^)

Fuck me, this is going to be a painful grind.

>implying they already haven't

cute

I have to admit, this was pretty good.
>youtube.com/watch?v=QYUHUPud7Kc

reposting

thanks. I assume those are all the ships in-game but what do you do to get bigger ships
>bounty hunting
tag a ship NPCs are already shooting - get money. yay spaceships \o/
>mission running
there are so many fucking factions, it doesn't matter. Can I influence which faction comes on top?
>pledging allegiance to a figurehead
how does it fucking work?
>exploration
I'm building some experience in that, but how do I record which systems I've already explored?
>mining&hauling

Beside I'm curious how do the FSD works? I get the feeling while in FSD space that seconds come to measure distance and meters time to arrival, and it could be the case with gravity influencing speed but where is the math?
I'd love to bathe in autism

No, he does it for free.

You get to be a UEE Citizen in the PU, rather than a Civilian.

Every time I watch that webm I hear this:
youtu.be/cGDoiKqEyf8

The only thing confirmed by CR is that you get to keep a ship at the end of the campaign (probably a Hornet), but you probably get paid a little.

>tag a ship NPCs are already shooting - get money. yay spaceships \o/
Point ship at target, wait for scan to finish. If it says WANTED. You can waste him.

>there are so many fucking factions, it doesn't matter. Can I influence which faction comes on top?
Yes there are too many factions. Yes you can influence who is leading. No it doesn't matter. Not even cheap fuel or preferential docking.

>pledging allegiance to a figurehead
>how does it fucking work?
Powerplay sucks.

>I'm building some experience in that, but how do I record which systems I've already explored?
You can't as far as I know. It doesn't really matter cause even a small change in destination will send you along a new line of systems. 400 billion star systems and all that.

>gravity influencing speed but where is the math?
I don't think anyone has seen the actual maths.

Not on my watch

I hope it lets me do a glass eye and a slight sag on that eye due to hollowness.

Also hope they've got long worn clothing to properly fit the character. Gonna be a salvager, though, not a detective. Unless there's actually a detective job/class, then might give that a shot.

I was hoping to be a grizzled veteran with PTSD who lived in his freelancer and yelled at passing aurora youngsters.

>Gonna be a salvager, though, not a detective. Unless there's actually a detective job/class, then might give that a shot.
Insurance claim investigator should be a job, boarding derelict ships to find out what destroyed them by taking pictures and reading ship's logs.

Just needs a "Make Earth Great Again" hat.

>The only thing confirmed by CR is that you get to keep a ship at the end of the campaign
I specifically recall him saying that would NOT be the case, saying it would be as ridiculous as keeping a jet after finishing a tour and leaving the US air force.

tfw made 86€ by selling old buybacks at a profit

You can wash out by stealing the ship. You are hostile to UEE in the PU when you start, though.

That would be really fun.

can i be gay in this game? it's 2016.

Apprently, if the Gamescom presentation is anything to go by, you can at least do that kind of job by freelance contract. Not sure if you can make a career out of it, yet.

Still, a salvaging career with a side job of freelance insurance investigation goes together handily. Take proof and evidence, scrap ship, all profit.

only if I can slay the gays :^)

>getting bounty tickets to hand off to THE BLASTER so my killvette is maximum kill
>doing gud, I can see fear in their eyes when I unzip my hardpoints
>missed two plasma accelerator shots and both hit two different wings
>have 7 different ships including two condas on my ass
>powers to thrusters!
>boosts 5 days
>fly right into an asteroid
>shields down, hull fugged
>BANZAI
>viper 4 slams right into the cockpit
>EJECT EJECT EJECT.
>mon visage the entire time

So that's how I lost a corvette.

Yes, and you also get protected from pvp if you're gay because any attack on you becomes a hate crime and the attacker will be automatically banned.

Do trans characters get their own bathroom?

>Sir, we've lost our bridge deflector shields.
>Intensify the forward batteries. I don't want anything to get through.
>Intensify forward firepower!
>Too late!

>trans
Fuck of nonhuman mutant apologist. Day of rope for degenerates, when?

ED Question.

What does flight assist even do? If I hold a button on my throttle, it turns it off. Just wondering, because I think of a use for that button other than flight assist.

In the 30th century everyone just pisses and shits into their spacesuits catheters.

Turns your space world war 2 fighter plane into space fighter; flight assist tries to make the ship fly in the direction you're facing with it off you're subject to inertia and you can have your ship facing one way while continuing to move in the other.

Helps if you've seen Babylon 5 or something like that.

Flight Assist On means thrusters fire to try to make the ship fly like an aeroplane.
Flight Assist Off means thrusters do not fire unless you tell them, so you can slide around and all that. In ED it also disables rotation correction which makes it tough to use with fixed weapons.

Explain the Starfarer's crew then. Face it, player is some degenerate who never takes their spacesuit off.

So with Flight Assist off, I can pull the same crazy turns and back flips like in Battlestar Galactica?

Noice.

The player may be a degenerate, but the Starfarer crew is fucking dead.

Ah thanks, that makes sense. It'll be fun to try out some sick maneuvers with it off.

> which makes it tough to use with fixed weapons.
That explains why I was having trouble hitting people with fixed weapons when I started. I'll try to get gud without flight assist if I find some good fixed weapons then.

I posted that screenshot a few days ago
now it has an Imgur filename
Reverse image search turns up NeoFAG
what is going on

I haven't seen Babylon 5. Fight me.

Is it good?

It is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=vYv5ri9yN18
He's a bit of a roleplay fag sometimes but Isinona can be fun to watch.

Watch it. Now.

>being throttled to the point where it takes 10 seconds for the captcha to appear at 6AM in the morning

Go to bed.

It's shit, you're not missing anything.

I literally just got out of bed

I'm so sorry things turned out this way.

so I just redeemed horizons, but it still asks me to redeem when I try to play it, what do?
yes it was to the correct account

>having this wrong of an opinion

seems restarting steam helped

>unironically being fucking retarded
>unironically having zero good taste at all
I bet you think Farscape wasn't complete dross either.

Last one your weak bait is getting from me.

so basically MFDs are confirmed useless fluff once again that won't be in your default FOV and we're back to having stuff covering half your helmet again? That will suck for headtracking. I hope I can turn off the visor and change the FOV so I can easily look at the MFDs like in other sims

If this is to judge by, the MFDs are going to be reworked to not be useless. I don't recall one hundred percent, but even in Falcon BMS you need to look down to use the MFDs

t. shitter with no taste

Really wish there was a version that kept only yaw/roll correction, but I guess that's the git gud cost for the potential gain.
As it is most players are probably better off toggling it at key points.

You do as with most flight games. I'm shit at it but firing some weapons is almost entirely looking at the MFD.

Personally they need to just put important info into the HUD but not clutter it as much as it was earlier. Weapons status for example can be shown when it's relevant only and then I'd put it somewhere in the center with the regular display.

Fire groups and all could be handled similar to elite where they are on an MFD or whatnot.

dbs any good for exploring?
what range can I get on it with top tier FSD?

I think the wiki has a fully upgraded one at 20-30Ly range.

anywhere near eravate I can find it?
also considering the explorer

This is getting there like I said in the last thread. The information at the bottom of that HUD can be shortened while we just need a virtual image of who you are targeting to the side similar to how it is now.

Just remember what we could have had

Please, no more reminders that we could have had significant ship changes instead of rainbow lasers.

It's kind of shitty and artificial but FDev specifically said they wouldn't do that because it's by far the best way to fly. Like you said it's normally better to switch between the two. Even Isinona who only flies FAOff only does it because he enjoys it, he says switching is more efficient.

Play around on Coriolis and see what you can get. Then if you can be bothered with Engineers the FSD range upgrade can give you extra on top of that.

>AOE interdiction
>pull a a very angry conda or vette out of supercruise by accident

Yo I'm still mad laser colour isn't player preference

I want my sweet rave Anaconda.

I forgot to mention, I'm especially mad that the bodykits aren't part of engineers. These fuckers can make modifications to your weapons but they can't slap on some extra metal to your ship. Instead FDev is selling them as another microtranscation

I guess I missed that "support screens" are not just in the visor but physical too.

Engineers will push it further if you have it. The limit for an Anaconda used to be around 40ly but now I've got one at just over 52, and it's a trading setup that still has Class-5 shields.

Someone post Type-7 with Yak-9 FUCK YOU cannons.

I hate hardpoints as they are in Elite. I wish ships would have unique weapons that could be switched for generic weapons instead of every ship having the same generic weapons.

No clue check one of those websites that list the shipyards and stuff.

No clue on the DBE only just bought a DBS.

Wouldn't even necessarily put that image on the HUD, the name and type if anything.

I wish you could at least modify the hardpoints somewhat and make Q-ships.

>AoE interdictor
>Three scanners in one
>Ejects half the ship to become a different ship

Are you fucking retarded?

>Modular terminals are ubiquitous items that provide a hardware display of data in a visual and audio format. While they can be sold at markets for a minimal price, these are more often used by engineers for their upgrades.
10 hours worth of missions to get these, "ubiquitous" and "sold at markets for a minimal price" are lies, they're mission reward only.

I'd pay 100,000 a unit for the last 5 I need to unlock that engineer who knows where the tier 5 thruster guy is.

Oh, I missed one. As if an AoE interdictor isn't already a 12-year old's broken fantasy, it has ANOTHER function on top of that.

FDev seem determined to continue this cosmetic microtransaction crap. If they at least made this shit a lot cheaper people might buy it. Selling paintjobs in big packs with shitloads of colours I'll never use doesn't help either.

I only need one colour for my Courier guys.

Yep that's what it's for, it was the first move I tried with it.

>Have some one on your ass
>f/a off
>boost
>once your engines are no longer burning shut them off and let the momentum carry you forward
>pitch up hard
>you should now be facing the guy on your tail while still moving forwards
>shoot him in his dirty face

I had an easier time getting 25 unknown fragments than I did modular terminals.

Try going to a system where you're allied to most or all of the factions.

but the worst part is still going to be the 5k ly trip you will have to make :^)

I would like to see some kind of wave scanner for ships though. Might make searching for signal sources more interesting. Signal sources with weapon fire could sound different to distress signals etc.

I got a metric shit ton of them out in HIP-10716 while doing empire ranks.

LHS 20 if you want discount

youtube.com/watch?v=XHWPuCboClk