/rwg/ - RimWorld General

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0
reddit.com/user/daleksdeservevictory
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105062#msg105062
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17285.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the Less Crippling Moods mod updated for A15?

>negative moodlets for selling prisoners
that doesn't make any sense

i am worried about david guys, he is living a hard life
dementia + frail and cant score any of the chicks
in the meantime arthur is banging whoever he likes

Wait, what the fuck? I'm using an electric smelter and it's not actually generating any heat - heat is around 75 degrees with it turned on. Is the wiki wrong here?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

And there go my hopes I could simply inherit Defs from vanilla...

i am making more shitty ms paint comics and i need more ideas that are actually funny

i am currently doing one on how colonists are sad when evil raiders are sold as slaves

(It's for a test world.)

A15 CCL when?

It doesn't - I just tested it. I think the wiki is mistaken.

Are you daleksdeservevictory by any chance?
Regardless. Dark humour would be nice - something with a psychopath butchering corpses:

>other colonist: EWWWWW!
Then when he makes a hat
>same colonist as above: noice hat gonna totally wear it!

>Are you daleksdeservevictory by any chance?
i don't know who that is so probably not

concerning the butchering thing, i made this which is pretty similar

Ah, nevermind. The art style is different, pic related.
reddit.com/user/daleksdeservevictory

About the comic: then I don't know, something with toxic fallout maybe? Bored colonists?

>new lovers
>sometimes they make love every night
>sometimes they don't

What is the deciding factor in this?

>>sometimes they make love every night

sorry I was talking about different couples.

does anyone know how long you can go without the new glitter drug? i mean until death because someone mentioned it only being a few hours and that kinda kills that for me

are there any graphics mods to this? looks like prison architect... so it looks like shit

If you're not using A15c the addiction is broke and never activates

If it's working correctly then you should only need one pill every six or seven days

there aren't so fuck off

sad world.

im using the steam version so i assume its the latest with addiction but 6-7 days sounds actually manageable

not even memeing. i was gonna buy it till i saw those

They're found almost always in tombs now, and raiders sometimes drop them. It's not that hard to keep it going as long as you stockpile a dozen or so first

I suggest getting lots of goodwill with an outlander town so you can request caravans with the 'exotic' type, since they usually carry some

>i was gonna buy it
how did you get the idea to buy it without spending 1 sec to look at the visuals fuck you prison architect is good

i bought already 55 from dif traders but i feared with a few hours betweeen pills that i wont get new ones fast enough

yeah you should be set for like years with that many

Pirate it, play it a bit, then check if you do want to buy it or not. Problem solved.

whats the best way to defend myself? so far i usually build small defense positions on chokepoints with 3-4 turrets + sandbags , deathfalls and IEDs all with own energy supply ofc

Baited a raid into attacking psychic ship mechanites.

Now I don't have to risk anyone.

For Boreal, do you guys prefer mountainous or large hills?

I can't friggin' decide.

Looks like swarm tactics work.

> Saved as GayLoliVillage

Yes, I started with 5 15 year old gay tribal females.

>15
>loli

It was the lowest I could go, unfortunately.

Why is there no way to selectively strip gear
I only need the superior armor vest I don't want your awful cloth tuque god damn it

You mean for stripping prisoners? Just completely strip them and make a stockpile of tribal cloths inside the prison, that way they'll have some clothes on and you can take their shit. Then you can just incinerate what you don't want.

It looks better in motion. My first impressions was similar - I thought that it looked kind of bland and dumb - but 5 minutes playing and I fell in love. Give it a try before you dismiss it just because of the graphics.

Is combat realism working with A15 yet? Anyone got a link?

As I mess with RimWorld modding, I realize how shit the XML idea was. For example, see this mod:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105062#msg105062
It does something really simple, right? It changes only the label and description of the plant. One would expect the mod to be something like

_PlantHealroot
_Xerigium
_Xerigium is [...]

And then you'd think the game would see both Core mod and his mod have the defName and override the label and description.

Right? WRONG! Copypasta, copypasta the whooooole ThingDef, even if it ruins compatibility.

is there a way to turn dry ground wet? is that what moisture pump does?

No, it's the other way around. Moisture pump turns swamp and shallow water into arable land.

>forgot to turn on permadeath

FUCK
also deserts are the most fun biome in the game

>also deserts are the most fun biome in the game
haha you must have confused arid shrubland with deserts

simple mistake

why are deserts and/or scrub fun

looks nicer because there aren't any four foot tall trees, mountain bases are cool as hell, megascarab taming, dusters and cowboy hats

boreal forest is a close second though

>order a building to be demolished
>go for a toilet break
>return to see my 3 colonists injured
>head injuries from falling roof

yea I didn't expect them to deconstruct while inside the building

None of them were gay mate. Maybe Ayano at best, but even then I'm not certain.

>looks nicer
only your opinion
>dusters and cowboy hats
i make dusters on all maps because they are worth more. as soon as they hit 50% i sell them.
since they are more work to do than jackets you can train your tailor faster. it's not like you swim in fabric in the early game.

i see cowboyhats as some kind of stupid must have in the lategame because of the social bonus. it's stupid.
i play with no hats mod anyways because sameface.

>megascarab taming
only animals I care to tame are wargs, boars, muffalos, cows and alpacas

boreal forest is by far the best looking biome but rather easy because of different reasons. too bad tundra looks so fucking empty

>only animals I care to tame are wargs, boars, muffalos, cows and alpacas
but that's only your opinion :^)

>china sue
>not gay

Where's your electricity coming from?

In the middle of the concrete, obviously.

I try to do the same with my power lines to prevent fires, but can usually only manage that very late in the game as it's extremely steel demanding.

I can see the power lines, but
why are the generators outside?

The way China's gayness is usually inferred has one major flaw in that it misses the point of her seemingly homoerotic affection. She's not attracted to Yui's feminine side - in all her delusions Yui appears as a hypermasculine fantasy, and masculinity - even that of a woman - cannot be a point of attraction for a lesbian, at least not in a strong sense. It is therefore apparent that China is straight and that she acts the way she acts only because she was put in an artificial world where there's no actual men to display the masculinity she so badly craves.

Girls who are attracted to butch girls aren't lesbians in the strong sense.

While occasionally raping girls.

How big of an issue is food in desert biomes when starting as tribals? I don't imagine you can farm anywhere.

Since bulk goods merchants can be called whenever and since they buy crops like corn and hops, it is saddeningly pointless to create a drug empire for profit purposes. You earn substantially less for your land/work/time by making products than just selling the raw materials.

I'm probably late to the show but it looks like there's little point in doing anything besides growing corn and makes simple meals and then selling those for silver, if you're just after silver. The profit per tile of crop per day is just so much higher than everything else. At 4.13 silver per tile per day for corn on 100% fertility soil made into a simple meal. Compared to, say, Smokeleaf, which is 0.71 silver per tile per day on 100% fertility soil when made into Joints.

Cotton might be competitive once made into clothing by a high skill crafter with bionic parts but even that is extremely dubious given the difficulty in scaling production and the long periods of work to produce anything.

Not a huge problem. There's some soil and gravel to farm on, easily enough to support 5 settlers through the year. Go hunting for meat to make pemmican with and you nearly double the nutritional value of what crops you can grow, since pemmican uses 0.25 plant nutrition and 0.25 meat nutrition to make 0.9 nutrition. Just don't keep too many animals around.

there should be a drug dealer mod for A15

you have orbital merchants willing to buy space opium by the bulk and space federal agents can be sent to raid your shit

How do you keep your base heated/cooled, /rwg/?

I have two iguanas on the map.

>psychic ship
>shoot it
>mechanoids just hang around and don't even aggro my snipers
>kill them in seconds in 3x speed

what? since when do they don't even aggro anything outside their firing range?

also what's the best way to deal with mechanoids? Fire, like infestations?

Overwhelming firepower.

Ahaha

RIP colony

you should have taken in those shitters that can fight user

Dromedaries and alpacas should start to spawn sooner or later. You might see rhinos and elephants too. Elephants usually won't fight back unless they do and then suddenly the entire herd wants you dead.

Since A13 at least. They won't pursue anyone outside of a set range beyond the ship. Mechanoids are particularly weak to sniper fire. I think they're basically immune to temperature, their comfortable range is something obscene like -5000c to +5000c or some non-sense. Someone with a pistol can use hit and run tactics to really mess them up. Once you have EMP grenades you can fling a bunch before spawning them to stun them. Otherwise they aren't weak to any particular strategy and centipedes will absorb hits from deadfall traps like there's no tomorrow.

>getting closer to end of the second year
>only 4 colonists
>HURR DURR you can only afford to recruit top notch colonists

It's kinda ridiculous that Corn on a cob are worth so much and other plant products are worth so little. I don't think it would hurt much if the price for meals and corn was lowered since traders rarely bring alot anyway but there's basically no other form of agriculture that can match them.

2 Psychic Insanity lances and some good cover would've made this an easy fight actually. If you have any pets that can go into melee with the triple rocket guys you can get them to blow themselves and their allies up. Alternatively have someone go in melee and sacrifice themselves.

>2 Psychic Insanity lances and some good cover would've made this an easy fight actually.
yes, because every good colonie has a 3D printer so that you can download the schemes for psychic insanity lances from the internet and print it before the raiders are getting close to the good cover

Corn was nerfed. Raw corn is actually worth slightly less than raw hops now and both can be sold to bulk traders, which can be called as often as you'd like at comm stations. Beer is a huge profit cut for hops though (it goes from 3.78 silver per tile per day to 0.81 if you turn it into Wort then Beer because of the 10 day long fermentation) while simple meals are decent profit up for corn.

But you're still right. Unless the map is nothing but gravel you just want to grow corn. If it is all gravel you grow potatoes.

You had ample time to build a comm station, call in an exotic goods trader or combat trader, and buy a couple of lances for 300-500 silver each. They're not a mythical object that must be saved for the final boss, they're a combat resource like calling in support from allied towns. Utilize your resources better.

>Utilize your resources better.
you want to tell me to invest so much money in singleuse items and tell me to utilize my ressources better?

he has got the ressources to build 5 gun turrets and build pillboxes for them. he should have invested his 2000 silver in a good defense once to "utilize his ressources better".

Update on this.

It wasn't an issue, potatoes grow really fast even in gravel, and there were lots of agave plants on the map which helped in the very beginning.

I guess I'll try ice sheet next for some actual challenge.

I've always wanted a comparison image of Tynan and Toady to troll /dfg/

ice sheet is fuck ass boring as soon as you have food income running

>it's not like you swim in fabric in the early game.

>not making an 8x8 cotton zone ASAP

Some targets can shift a fight from an easy win to losing fast. It's a good idea to have security measures for when those targets show up. Enemies with triple rocket launchers and skilled shooters with sniper rifles can easily knock out your defenses or kill some colonists. It's better to just have a way to deal with them than to take that risk.

It's just like being prepared for infestations, sieges, sappers, and mechanoids. A bit of planning goes a long way.

I have yet to run a colony where I get to just build a few turrets and not have to worry about invaders. Even with a single entrance the game sets up scenarios where you have to deal with complications.

>A bit of planning goes a long way.
but yet the first thing you say is to blow money on single use items

>I have yet to run a colony where I get to just build a few turrets and not have to worry about invaders

and you are dumb if you think a few turrets will do it. the whole map is yours. defender's advantage.
build outposts with turrets where your snipers can fallback after taking out lone runners or high value targets.
i'm playing on cassandra extreme permadeath and randy extrem permadeath and never had to rely on killboxes.

single entrance bases are actually by far harder to defend. you get to split up the raiders by setting different travellengths.

A bit of planning goes a long way. Utilize your ressources better and you don't have to rely on artifacts

A Malaria Epidemy came over 5 of my people.
My modern awesome Hospital wasn't prepared for this. Also it seems that the only good way to have a good amount of devilstrand is to dedicate huge areas to it.
This should be able to give me 2k per year.

How are my survival chances with Malaria?

where are your defenses lad

>single entrance bases are actually by far harder to defend

This.

Wall my base up, then build 3-4 entrances that are either trapped with Deadfalls/IED's with sandbag trenches supported with walls and turrets plus a couple of mortars for bigger swarms of enemies.

Making only ONE killbox (if you're not full on dorf making your base in a mountain) is fucking extremely hard to defend, especially when you'll get swarmed by 20+ tribals.

Will he survive the operation

I play basebuilder. I don't need defenses.
This is comfy town rp.

>4 people go through trigger's bedroom
damn his death would relieve that pain

it's cool play the way you want to

Does time limit on luciferium gets put on hold if you put a person in cryosleep? Can i replace my brawlers' everything with bionics, give him a new shiny scyther blades, pump him full of drugs and keep him in a freezer until raid comes?

>but yet the first thing you say is to blow money on single use items
Yeah, his town is 2 years in and he's losing to 2 guys with triple rocket launchers. You bet I said to use something that would basically hard counter them.

I haven't actually tried setting up things like sniper boxes as raiders, siegers, and sappers generally are never issues. Even tribals aren't too bad if you can run them through a gauntlet of deadfall traps or meet them with a dozen large predator pets. Hit and run tactics in general can be great as long as you can outpace your targets though, so I believe you on that.

That said, your statement was clearly that all he needed was a few turrets to handle that raid. I still rebuff you in that 4 colonists and 5 turrets are going to struggle against that many raiders with those weapon loadouts. There's no reason to risk the lives of your colonists when silver is so easy to get and artifacts are so common.

>green thumb grower/artist gets brain damage
>becomes deaf mute but gets 135% enhanced manipulation

welp, time to give him bionic arms

yes

>That said, your statement was clearly that all he needed was a few turrets to handle that raid.

that's what you think? my response to you saying 'utilize your ressources better' was that he clearly has the capability to build a good defense long time and didn't use it.

are you projecting something into what i say that clearly is not there?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17285.0
>raid enters big empty room leading to base
>trigger foam mine, it blocks entrance
>trigger sleep gas mines
>enter the room with gas masks and execute everyone

No, I was being very literal even. I'm not sure what your beef is here when the obvious answer is that there are, obviously, multiple ways to handle a situation.

I'm just going to go ahead and call you an asshat and stop though. Have a nice night.

How do you remove the solid foam walls? Mining them takes A LONG time.

have a nice night and give your extra chromosome a good night kiss!

blow them up ?
i havent played with the mod yet just found it on the forums and thought it was a cool idea

You can actually kill people with the stuff, as it takes a few seconds for the foam to solidify. If any pawns are in the tile the moment the solidification hits 100%, it's instant death.

Does the manual tailor bench affect quality or is it simply work speed?