/hg/ - Halo General

The Halo Cycle Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Anvil's Legacy due out September 8th. Includes new maps, reqs, and a custom file browser. Launching alongside Windows 10 Forge
Official Information: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-anvil-s-legacy
B-Roll trailer: youtu.be/A8fSC9jlVEM

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/anvil-s-legacy-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

>Canon Halo Works
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117867
youtube.com/watch?v=-JLS3nh7LHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This scares the Jking
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117867

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #213.
The featured map is "Complex"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#212 - Reach #211 - Fuck Veggies #210 - Personal Hell #209 - Place Your Bets #208 - Graphs and Ratings #207 - More DLC
#206 - 10,000 Hours in MS Paint
#205 - Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
#204 - Gravity Hammer > Energy Sword
#203 - One General One Company One People
#202 - Achievement Unlocked
#201 - Facebook Steals Our Memes
#200 - Milestone
#199 - Free For All
#198 - Under Cover of Night
#197 - Prepare to Drop
#196 - Hexagons are Real
#195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

Is this the best Halo 4 map? I think so

I see you're nice and early

>the update is called Anvil's Legacy because the Anvil Initiative was a failure

>Is this the best Halo 4 map? I think so
It's literally the only medium sized map that launched with the game, so it seemed better than it eas just because it filled a niche for certain gametypes all by itself

It was one of the few maps that felt like sprint belonged.

The MCC action sack is godlike compared to Halo 5

Was always a fan of complex. It was a great CTF map and one of the only maps promethean vision didn't ruin.

>walk in to the middle building at the start of the match
>10 different grenades are already thrown inside

Why does Complex look like it's straight out of Mass Effect?

Sounds good. Thanks.
I liked medal madness.

I wish you could make customs like Gun Game and One In The Chamber from BLOPS II.

It was a sign of things to come

>why does one of the most unoriginal companies ever look like it ripped something off?

Fair point

I'm still mad about Jul's death. Like nigga how are you going to kill him in the first mission like a bitch?

Halo 4 was actually really good for stuff like this.

What happened here?

In the webm, them dumb fucks didn't pick me up and immediately drove off a cliff.
In the video, Buck killed himself as expected of MCC AI, and it scared Jking into falling off.

How else would I know Spartan Team Osiris meant business?

I'm impressed. Arbiter has females in his ranks. War is traditionally a MALE'S job on Sanghelios...

Fucking Janis key being dropped was stupid too.

Every human building in 343 halo looks exactly like that

>giant warzone map set in a futuristic metropolis
Sounds fucking awesome!

>all the skyscrapers are just plain white boxes with no windows, or even doors, and the only road just goes in a circle
What the fuck

quip

Maybe I should stop blocking everyone who kills me. 150 is a nice round number.

Kek

Also,

>let's surround the war memorial monument with bland white concrete walls so you can't actually see it from outside

This makes me upset

Is there some purpose to blocking them?

Probably not, but it's right there next to the report button. Be a shame not to use it.

You won't have to ever deal with tripfags being islamic in party chat

You are less likely to match with those people again.

What stops try-hards in small playlists from blocking anybody who's as good or better than them?

Is that true? That may actually explain why I haven't gotten a fair placement match in 4 months...

I block barely anyone but I get terrible matchmaking all the time. Either I go up against a bunch of high-ranked guys, or I am the high-ranked guy punching golds and plats.

It's supposed to be a war memorial? I can never tell because we can't play with the map in forge and everything already looks the same.

Just checking. I thought they stopped the less likely to match system after the 360.

>there are people itt who would rather humanity go extinct than a couple kids get kidnapped

Before a patch people on MCC were blocking everyone better with them so they were guaranteed to win and rank up. Became such a problem that 343 reset ranks.

How did the patch fix it? Is it a 343 decision or microsoft one?

>a couple
>what are Spartan III's and almost II's

You still here user?

>comparing the lives of 500ish children to trillions of other humans including 10s of billions of other children

oh shit, hang tight. eating an apple

So maybe a thousand kids max? That's nothing.
I'd burn a thousand orphanages if the alternative was total destruction.

GT?

Known Kai

I'm replaying 5's campaign, I haven't touched it since I completed it on launch. Now that I've had about a year to think on it, I think I can say I like it. It's writing is still super clumsy, and handled badly, but it has a lot more memorable moments than 4 did. The most impressive thing 4 did with its campaign, regarding the gameplay, is flying the Pelican, but it lacked a lot of those spectacles I expect out of Halo.

The space battle with Blue Team was pretty rad, climbing the space elevator while a Guardian shakes it apart was cool. Things like that. I've been loving the soundtrack, too, I only just started listening to it for real.

That's an interesting opinion. My rebuttal: ur gay

youtube.com/watch?v=-JLS3nh7LHw
I like it

go away Bobby Tank

It's not bad but doesn't belong in campaigns

I'd probably actually enjoy the option to have extra songs like that play during matchmaking menus or in shit like WZ/SpOps

Agreed. It's just not playing as chief is suffering

Could you make games like that?
Or do you mean dev-made modes?
I'd kill for those modes in customs and action sack.

They were modded gametypes but 343 didn't remove them. They just let them be

Halo 6 forge should event binding and simple scripting type stuff.

>little brother opens up a gold package
>get auntie dot
I thought the reach shit was limited release?
Does auntie dot not count as reach pack, or did they just add it to the drop table?
I just got the game like a month ago.

Reach stuff is all available.
Only limited things are HCS skins and armor set, and 343 skin that was available briefly.

Oh shit then.
Guess its time to grind to get reach stuff.
Thanks for the info.
I guess the limited release was for buying then outright instead of trying to luck it through gold packages?

I don't remember them being limited ever. I think maybe there was a 80k Memories of Reach pack you could buy that guaranteed some items from the update? If you didn't want to grind them out.
If you had the reqs the day the update dropped you could get it all through gold packs immediately.

Sorry for the dumb questions, wasn't super interested in halo 5 but then my little brother bought it.
Thanks for clearing it up.
I could have goggled it I guess, but I am glad you helped anyway.

Make sure to finish bronzes and silvers before buying gold packs. Otherwise you are wasting points

That is my current modus operandi.
I assumed its easier to get the easy stuff first and remove it from the pool.
Good to have confirmation.

No problem. It's kind of hard to find old update info for Halo 5 especially about the req packs and crap.
Here's what the pack looked like though, it just gave reach items so it was good if you wanted them and still had lots of other stuff not unlocked.

What happens once a game becomes old enough that it gets bumped out of the cycle?

Regarded as a timeless untouchable classic for all eternity and any faults are just because of it's age

Only enjoyed by old farts with nostalgia glasses.

I can't wait to operate with my tactical magnum in warzone.

I'm glad we finally got a silenced variant

Same, I never got why there was no magnum variants.
Then we finally got extended mag pistol but still no silenced on which is a clear choice.
I'd still like a bayonet magnum.

What happened to Halsey's arm?

palmer shot it off

But Osiris said Jul did it but they didn't know any details.
Also what does the initial scene with halsey monologuing and putting the ai core in the machine mean?

"Spartan Locke, at the end of this, they'll kill us both"

What the fuck did she mean by this. Literally nothing in halo 5 happened worth getting killed for. 343 writing at it's finest.

>What happens once a game becomes old enough that it gets bumped out of the cycle?
The answer can be seen in both of the previous responses you recieved to you qu3dtion before this one ( & )
People that grew up with the games stop differentiating them from other games out of the cycle and liable them all as classics. People that didn't grow up with them or were too young to really appreciate what they were about lable them as old and having aged like milk. They become free from the cycle but are restricted to a black and white state of being. Obviously this varies to an extent (I'm sure there's some people out there born in 1999 that legitimately like CE) but for the most part this is how it is.

Palmer shot her hoping to kill her but she gets pushed so it hits her arm
Jul has his elites amputate it or she'd die from blood loss

And nothing its just awful writing with plot holes left and right.
Pic related for the next time you ask questions

It's the same shit with Halo 4. The whole opening with Halsey was interesting but we never figure out who was interrogating her or what the point of it was.

Why did Palmer have such hate boner for Halsey?
Was it a woman thing?

>"Spartan Locke, at the end of this, they'll kill us both"
That's not the quote.
She says
>"Spartan Locke, I have spent enough years with ONI to know the truth. Once this is over... after all I have done... they'll order you to kill us both"

It's also unclear whether by "us" she means herself and someone else (maybe Cortana) or literally herself and Locke.

>"Spartan Locke, at the end of this, they'll kill us both"
That's not the quote.
She says
>"Spartan Locke, I have spent enough years with ONI to know the truth. Once this is over... after all I have done... they'll order you to kill us both"

It's also unclear whether by "us" she means herself and someone else (maybe Cortana) or literally herself and Locke.

Idk

Whatever it means, I doubt it will ever be brought up again. Seems like it was a remnant of the original plotline which was more related to Hunt the truth and ONI.

I assumed she meant Her and Cortana. Kind of odd to order Locke to kill himself.

Maybe kill her and chief? Either way, it makes no sense. ONI has no reason at all to want halsey or cortana or chief dead.

He didn't surrender that a.i.

Reticle bloom happened. Palmer aimed for the head, and RNG made it hit Halsey's arm.

Was she playing Halo CE?

>DMR and BR have perfect designs
>HURR LETS RUIN IT BY PUTTING A FUCKHUEG ACOG SCOPE AND RDS ON THEM

Pretty sure "us" is Halsey and Cortana

The DMR looked stupid until 5.

The DMR looked best in Reach.

If you say ANYTHING else you are wrong and just fishing for "(you)"s

The first person model was too tall, and why was there such a big front sight when there was no rear sight?

The sight/scope sat too high up. Looked goofy. If lowered it sure.

Does anyone else still play Halo 4 occasionally?

It helped make it stand out, otherwise it was just a semi-auto space M16

It doesn't look anything like an M16 or similar.